HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price destined to fail in Montreal?

Old
08-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
Yeah and unfortunately all the posters who were causing similar crap about Huet back then never did come back to eat their crow. I have a feeling the halak crowd will dissipate rather quickly with user names changing to reflect the next flavor of dissent.
Were there really people that cared that we traded Huet when we had Halak and Price ? I mean really cared that we lost Huet.

I know that some people disagreed with the trade because they were scared Price wasn't ready that year, or in the future.

But I can't say I remember people being genuinely upset about the loss of Huet in itself. I think I was a bit absent from the boards at that time so maybe i missed it.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:08 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
I have a feeling Carey Price will never become a true die hard Quebecer, he is a born and bred western Canadian and he might have that western Canadian attitude that Quebecers were wrong in trying to separate. Trade him just in case - before the Habs are left with zilch when he turns ufa.
missread ur post, but still, why would he want to become a die hard quebecer? wtf,,

Last edited by uiCk: 08-31-2010 at 11:14 PM.
uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
I have a feeling Carey Price will never become a true die hard Quebecer, he is a born and bred western Canadian and he might have that western Canadian attitude that Quebecers were wrong in trying to separate. Trade him just in case - before the Habs are left with zilch when he turns ufa.
Add Gorges to that

And Cammalleri and Subban because they were born and bred Ontarian and might have this idea that quebecer were wrong in trying to seperate

and Gionta because he was born and bred an american and he might have this Usa are better than Canada attitude

and Markov also because he was born and bred a communist and might have that idea that every westerner are Capitalist idiot

yep trade them all just in case

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Wtf does this even mean? Hockey players become die hard Quebecers? Did I miss a memo? Trade him in case he feels Quebecers were wrong to separate? haha how do people come up with this stuff

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Were there really people that cared that we traded Huet when we had Halak and Price ? I mean really cared that we lost Huet.

I know that some people disagreed with the trade because they were scared Price wasn't ready that year, or in the future.

But I can't say I remember people being genuinely upset about the loss of Huet in itself. I think I was a bit absent from the boards at that time so maybe i missed it.
You don't remember Cristobal Huet the poster?

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:16 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
I still defend that he had an unfair reputation and got crucified just for defending himself. He was a quality poster too, especially before everyone couldn't look past his username.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
rofl, well, that's one guy who had a crush on Huet. I mean, some are in love with Arthukin, Laraque, etc. They don't really represent a trend or anything.

Old
08-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
I dont think price cares what the "people" think. I dont think any of the players do, in any city. We as fans like to think they do but they play for their teammates, competitive spirit, love of the game and....money. They don't play for the fans and arent accountable to us (or the media) in any way.

They boo price at the bell centre like a WWE villian because thats what entertains them. While I'm positive he takes his performance seriously, if his teammates and coaches support him I dont think he cares what anyone else really has to say. Nor should he.

As for whether it can be reversed? Winning cures everything.
Of course Price cares what the people think. You think he would have raised his arms a la Roy if he didn't??..Or did he do that for his teammates?..
Every player cares about how they're perceived by the fans and the city they play in. Don't be so naive.
Everybody has their cracking points. If things are going bad, you can ignore some comments here and there but at some point it'll get to you.
If it's going well for you, everybody enjoys being the hero. Having people cherish and idolize you must certainly be very gratifying.

Of course the players care. The NHL wouldn't exist if there was no fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I'm not 100% sold that Price really wants to even play hockey. He has a couple of Million in the bank, will eventually sign for 2M or more and should he fizzle out and never play again, I think he'd be OK with it.

This is my perception only. I love the guy and hope to see him in a Habs jersey for 10 years or more. Only time will tell.
I don't think someone that doesn't want to play hockey would cry after a PO loss.
Of course the kid wants to play.
It really just comes down to us surrounding him better. I think our team is better overall in terms of work ethic compared to what it was a couple years back. I think it might be a little too late to have some veteran placed around him all the time. But I think the positive is that his best buddy seems to be Gorges. Cammy seems to get along rather well with him as well, and with PK now in the portrait I think the team's dynamics changed a lot.

I expect Price to have a monster season. To think he was chosen to be part of the All-Star team just 2seasons ago (granted, by our own fans, but man, our fans actually liked him not too long ago! how crazy!)

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Ginu

We need to start a "Give Carey a fair environment to succeed in thread", just because if he succeeds we succeed. We need to give this kid a break and start supporting him. He's on our team, he's the most important player (the goalie). We need to do something to stop this before it gets out of hand. A movement is necessary.

Old
08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
We need to start a "Give Carey a fair environment to succeed in thread", just because if he succeeds we succeed. We need to give this kid a break and start supporting him. He's on our team, he's the more important player (the goalie). We need to do something to stop this before it gets out of hand. A movement is necessary.
I hate to break it to you, but it's not HF boarders who are going to go boo Price at the bell centre.

Old
08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
I still defend that he had an unfair reputation and got crucified just for defending himself. He was a quality poster too, especially before everyone couldn't look past his username.
His homerism was evident and annoying. He failed to recognize many of the Huet flaws and mistakes.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:20 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
We need to start a "Give Carey a fair environment to succeed in thread", just because if he succeeds we succeed. We need to give this kid a break and start supporting him. He's on our team, he's the more important player (the goalie). We need to do something to stop this before it gets out of hand. A movement is necessary.
every optimistic (aka non drama related thread) has last not more then 1/2 day
Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but it's not HF boarders who are going to go boo Price at the bell centre.
true, its the ckac'ers

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Ginu

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but HF boarders talk to other Habs fans who do. Raising awareness has to start somewhere. Where do you wanna go? Beside the Kovalev protestors outside the Bell?

Old
08-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Add Gorges to that

And Cammalleri and Subban because they were born and bred Ontarian and might have this idea that quebecer were wrong in trying to seperate

and Gionta because he was born and bred an american and he might have this Usa are better than Canada attitude

and Markov also because he was born and bred a communist and might have that idea that every westerner are Capitalist idiot

yep trade them all just in case
I think he was being sarcastic.

At least, I hope he was.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 12:11 AM
number 11

i don't really know what brought it on besides halak going on a hot streak, but i haven't seen such a lack of respect for a habs player since patrice brisebois. maybe give our goalie a chance before ******** all over him and saying he's destined to fail ?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
i don't really know what brought it on besides halak going on a hot streak, but i haven't seen such a lack of respect for a habs player since patrice brisebois. maybe give our goalie a chance before ******** all over him and saying he's destined to fail ?
No kidding. If you quit on every young guy and even say he needs to leave to help his career, you'll NEVER EVER win a Stanley Cup. You can't jettison young guys for not delivering immediately or you'll never have any picks pay dividends. Will Leblanc be next? It's a good thing our GMs don't pay attention to posters or the media. These Price haters have a sense of entitlement, like he should deliver a cup on a platter and no less will not be tolerated. Bunch of spoiled ****s, mad at a player because someone somewhere once said he will do what Patrick Roy did in 1986. Just let the guy's development play out. The same people who say he won't succeed here will be pointing fingers at the Habs organization when he thrives. All the ***** fans who boo him will forget they were part of the reason he left and then start *****ing. Well, guess what? As a fan, sometimes you have to have some responsibility.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 12:44 AM
LeBlondeDemon10
BlindLemon Haystacks

I'm from Manitoba so I rarely hear what's happening in la belle Province. Even though I supported Halak and was disappointed when they traded him, I have to say that this is very sad. Let's give the guy a chance - and I don't mean 1 game, 10 games or even half a season. He is a work in progress and he will take time to demonstrate consistency. Guy Lafleur took three years to develop in a star. Price may require more time because he has only been playing part time the past two years. I can't imagine the pressure he must feel.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
Not sure if you read that thread carefully but pretty sure that while everybody here are Habs fans, nobody WANT him to fail. But it is a possibility based on how this city is desperately seeking for a scapegoat IF we happen to not have a strong start of the season and guess who will eventually pay the price?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
The same people who say he won't succeed here will be pointing fingers at the Habs organization when he thrives. All the ***** fans who boo him will forget they were part of the reason he left and then start *****ing. Well, guess what? As a fan, sometimes you have to have some responsibility.
And again, reading lessons are in order. Everybody, at least on this board, as Halak or Price fans they are, want him to succeed 'cause if they're not idiots, they'd be more fans of the team than of the players. But then, everybody knows what's going on right now elsewhere and we all know that Price will end up being the scapegoat. How much proof do you really need? Again, mocked for a save, booed for a 3rd star.....In what world are you living in?

If he had a rough start, I predict that they'll have to let him go before it becomes a living hell. So yes, I predict he will thrive elsewhere. It's not that hard to predict actually. We are actually not talking about a guy who's not really producing here and then boom, ends up a star elsewhere. WE KNOW, with time, that he'll end up great. Just that Montreal won't have that patience.

So either Price picks up and never look back. Either he struggles from the get go and gets traded at one point. Then, it doesn't become a question of him getting better elsewhere, for sure he will. It becomes a question of what we will have been able to get for him.

But EVERYBODY wants him to succeed. Unless some people egos are more important than the team's success.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Zam Boni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Only going with songs of my favorite band....

You made me think I have to change it now....it's been that since game 6 of the Caps series....
Ok, "Here I go again" hoping Price will succeed even though there "Aint no love in the heart of the city".
Hopefully the other teams wont "Slide it in" or we will do our "Crying in the rain", eventually singing "Now youre gone" asking "Is this love?".
So please Price, "Dont break my heart again", be "Ready and willing" take it "Slow and easy", be our "Soldier of fortune" and maybe in the "Still of the night", we will celebrate with "Wine, woman and a song"!

Sorry, just had to....

Zam Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And again, reading lessons are in order. Everybody, at least on this board, as Halak or Price fans they are, want him to succeed 'cause if they're not idiots, they'd be more fans of the team than of the players. But then, everybody knows what's going on right now elsewhere and we all know that Price will end up being the scapegoat. How much proof do you really need? Again, mocked for a save, booed for a 3rd star.....In what world are you living in?

If he had a rough start, I predict that they'll have to let him go before it becomes a living hell. So yes, I predict he will thrive elsewhere. It's not that hard to predict actually. We are actually not talking about a guy who's not really producing here and then boom, ends up a star elsewhere. WE KNOW, with time, that he'll end up great. Just that Montreal won't have that patience.

So either Price picks up and never look back. Either he struggles from the get go and gets traded at one point. Then, it doesn't become a question of him getting better elsewhere, for sure he will. It becomes a question of what we will have been able to get for him.

But EVERYBODY wants him to succeed. Unless some people egos are more important than the team's success.
It's not wrong to predict this, I must say. I should re-state myself because I feel you are telling it the way it is. I was railing against those who would say he has to go to save his career but then turn around and blame management for trading him and not being patient. No one can have it both ways. But why does it always have to be like this? Montreal's exceptional environment of expectations is a major stumbling block if we're ever going to build a cup winner. Who's to say this wouldn't have happened if we took Kopitar instead back in '05? Anyway, I'm kind of whining but I think what you've said is spot on. But who exactly replaces him if he falters or fans are too harsh on him? I hope Martin can get this team playing a tight system and scoring goals for Price like they did with Halak. Price will take the fall in the eyes of the mob even if the Habs have 400 man games lost to injury and score 200 goals. It's sad it's come to that.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
It's not wrong to predict this, I must say. I should re-state myself because I feel you are telling it the way it is. I was railing against those who would say he has to go to save his career but then turn around and blame management for trading him and not being patient. No one can have it both ways. But why does it always have to be like this? Montreal's exceptional environment of expectations is a major stumbling block if we're ever going to build a cup winner. Who's to say this wouldn't have happened if we took Kopitar instead back in '05? Anyway, I'm kind of whining but I think what you've said is spot on. But who exactly replaces him if he falters or fans are too harsh on him? I hope Martin can get this team playing a tight system and scoring goals for Price like they did with Halak. Price will take the fall in the eyes of the mob even if the Habs have 400 man games lost to injury and score 200 goals. It's sad it's come to that.
I know what you mean, Not many in montreal has had consistent success in montreal lately. The same that happened to huet, kovalev, theo, and others could have happened to halak (who knows!) sorry for mistakes its 6:00 and i havnt slept tonight.

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Well, it's from the thread starter, so don't get too excited.
just had to crap in my cereal eh?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Bob in Niagara

Quote:
And as we all know, any "fan" that boos their own team is not a "fan" at all..so who cares about those idiots?

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I'll have a string of victories and everything will be forgotten.
I was just going to say that. Before Halak's last 6 months, fans would have been outraged if Price was traded and Halak signed to an extension.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote