Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

RB's over QB's

Old
09-01-2010, 01:02 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
RB's over QB's

I never understood this in fantasy football. Why do they have it set up so that quarterbacks are worth less than RB's?

Rushing touchdowns are normally worth 6 points, with passing TD's worth only 4. Why is that?

Quarterbacks are basically the top offensive position in football, so why shouldn't QB's be the most valuable?

I understand QB's pass for more TD's than RB's rush for, but that should be proof that they are worth more. I hate seeing 9 of the top 10 picks in fantasy drafts all be running backs.

Maybe they should make passing TD's worth 5 points to even things out.

Can someone explain the reasoning to me. I have played fantasy football for 3-4 years now and still don't get it.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Well you can always customize the scoring for your own league and have passing TDs worth 5 points.

Many leagues I have played in have different scoring to make receivers more valuable.

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

All depends on your league all leagues have different scoring. that just happens to be standard.

My guess on y that is that is to even things out a QB is gonna throw 3000-4000 yards a season and 20-40 TDs, as well as throw the ball 30+ times a game.

A RB on the other hand only carries the ball 20-25 times a game and 1000 yards an 10+ TDs is considered a great season.

If you look at some of the greatest rushing seasons of all-time, LT's, Dickerson's, Faulk's, Chris Johnson's, etc. They scored 20+ TDs and of that group only eclipsed2000 yards twice if a QB throws for 20 TDs and 2000 yards thats a Mediocre season when its a great when for a RB.

I dont like the 4 pts per TD for a QB personally in all my leagues(1 of which im commissioner in) the QBs get 6 pts a TD and 20 or 25 yards per point.

Im just giving you the reasoning behind 4 pts a TD being the standard

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

my main league has rushing and passing td's at 6 points. RB's go earlier than QB's due to the fact there's only a handful of elite rb's. And I believe 10 QB's threw for over 4,000 yards last year. So QB is deep this year at least. But if i'm in the last few spots of a 10 or 12 team league I'll grab an elite WR and QB first 2 picks then get a Foster/Bradshaw/Bush ect who are great in ppr leagues to fill my RB. It's different every year though.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 11:43 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
Yeah last year it was my strategy to pick 3 HIGH END Qb's, because in our league they basically had the same value, if not more, than RB's.

I won the league, so it paid off in the end. It allowed me to shop the QB's and get GREAT return for them because I had so many of them.

I plan on doing the same thing in my draft tonight.

I would love to get two of the top 10 ranked quarterbacks and 3 of the top 15.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Yeah last year it was my strategy to pick 3 HIGH END Qb's, because in our league they basically had the same value, if not more, than RB's.
In our 12 team HF Sharks board league I went AJ, Moss, D-Jax my first 3 picks. The 12th pick took Rodgers & Brees back to back. He flipped me Rodgers for AJ. So now I have Moss/D-Jax/Rodgers. Pretty happy especially since I have Finley too.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote