HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov skating!!!!!

Old
08-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Pascal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNMarty View Post
I'm sure the trainers won't rush him back regardless of how far ahead of schedule Markov is in his rehab. The team should be able to survive for 10 games or so on the backs of Subban, Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill, Gorges and O'Byrne. I'd rather they make sure the knee is as strong as possible so he doesn't wind up missing more time later on in the season.
what he said.. plus knee injuries seem to linger around for a while (see koivu) and have effects for a long time. I'm not sure that, even if its treated properly, it won't have any effect on his quality of play.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
please take your time.. do not rush.
Definitely! I'd rather watch some 10-15 games without him than watch him go down with an aggravated injury 10-15 games into the season.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Ah, the season tradition has begun.

- Markov is injured, check.
- Markov update thread, check.
- Markov skating, which leads to everyone thinking he's coming back early, check and check.
- Posters wishing him not to rush, and to fully recover, check.

Alright, we're just about there. All that is missing is for him to make an early return, followed by an injury. I'd say we're keeping pretty good pace so far.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:01 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

- Markov skating, which leads to everyone thinking he's coming back early, check and check.

Alright, we're just about there. All that is missing is for him to make an early return, followed by an injury. I'd say we're keeping pretty good pace so far.
- Markov needs to get back in the lineup if we lose our first game, pending

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:38 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
what he said.. plus knee injuries seem to linger around for a while (see koivu) and have effects for a long time. I'm not sure that, even if its treated properly, it won't have any effect on his quality of play.
There's a good chance medical procedures have improved in 15 years and that the injury isn't nearly as bad as it used to be when Koivu/Bure got theirs. I could be wrong and it has nothing to do with it too, but I'll stay positive in this case because it would be pretty devastating news for the habs if Markov never was the same player he used to be.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:40 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Remove Markov from the line up against the leafs!!!!

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 12:40 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Might be back earlier then expected but in this article still says December which I thought was the original return date, not February....weird.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...lug=tsn-166627

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by habber24 View Post
RDS reports Markov as started skating!!! Is he rushing himself because it's his last year of his contract or is he ready?
What do you guys think?
Can't say i'm surprised in the least. As i posted a month ago, Markov was 3 rows in front of me on a plane in direction to Miami, and he was walking like any normal person. There's no way he can damage anything at this point by just doing a couple of laps and taking shots.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Might be back earlier then expected but in this article still says December which I thought was the original return date, not February....weird.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...lug=tsn-166627
Yea I read that..what the hell are they talking about with February? Sounds like they're describing last year's injury.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Can't say i'm surprised in the least. As i posted a month ago, Markov was 3 rows in front of me on a plane in direction to Miami, and he was walking like any normal person. There's no way he can damage anything at this point by just doing a couple of laps and taking shots.
That's so cool, did you get an autograph? Were you flying first class with him?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 08:33 AM
lillypad33

Quote:
Actually there is....
Right now is a pretty dangerous time in his recovery.

Typically an ACL reconstruction is performed by slicing the middle part out of the patella tendon from bone to bone, then cutting out the old ACL, and basicly replacing it with the tendon ( from bone to bone ).

For the first little bit, there is no blood flow to the "new" ligament, but after 2 or 3 months this comes back and actually starts healing. This is when you actually start feeling like you can play again. Unfortunately, it's when you're at your weakest.
For the next 3 months, Markie will begin to do more and more to strenghten his muscles, balance, etc, but the strucural part of the knee just simply needs time to recover. In particular I remember not being allowed to do any "open chain" type of exercises until about the 4 month part. ( ie hamstring curls or leg extensions )

Unless Markov has some special healing chamber, or he is some freak of nature, I don't expect him to recover fully into playing mode until the 6 month mark.

Remember Jerry Rice? He came back after 4 months and played 1 game....more surgery required...

lillypad33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
I have a friend who blew just about everything in his knee, including his acl. He was limping at first, but eventually, you couldn't detect any problems from his walking. Its the quick turns and pivoting that will show the damage.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 04:32 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I have a friend who blew just about everything in his knee, including his acl. He was limping at first, but eventually, you couldn't detect any problems from his walking. Its the quick turns and pivoting that will show the damage.
Like in the movie : Friday night lights (or something like that)

Is it the same type of injury ?

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
That's so cool, did you get an autograph? Were you flying first class with him?
Nope, no autograph, as much as i live hockey 24/7, i'm no hockey groupie, i hate bugging players, some kids got an autograph and others took picture with him at the Miami airport. Funny part of the storie, Markov wasn't even flying 1st class himself . 1st class was full and he was with a smocking hot chick and another dude that looked like a hockey player, no one we know. My guess is he woke that morning wanting to go to Miami, and did...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
ChoseLa

Skate like the wind, Marky, never look back!

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 06:24 PM
phoque taupe

We need you Andrei... top shape!
But beware....

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote