HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Season Tickets Discussion (23% increase)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-29-2010, 06:59 PM
  #301
rangergiant
Registered User
 
rangergiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
I have 2 tickets in a prime location. Section 336 ON THE AISLE (center ice side of the section) row E.

Looking to perhaps sell the entire season to someone with playoff rights.

Would definitely consider a half season split, also with pro rated playoff rights.

Moving further down would discuss packages with a mix of average and premium games. Perhaps toss a playoff game in the mix if it is big enough.

Face value is all I seek here. If you have been on the waiting list all these years, the chance for tickets in the center 300s on the aisle would be a dream come true.

Send me a message and we can talk.

rangergiant is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
  #302
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 1150
dose anyone know when the tickets will be avaible for seson ticket holders to email to other people?thanks

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 01:59 PM
  #303
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
If anyone has two tickets, decent seats, face value for 10/15 vs. the Leafs that they want to get rid of - send me a PM.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 05:07 PM
  #304
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
If anyone has two tickets, decent seats, face value for 10/15 vs. the Leafs that they want to get rid of - send me a PM.
that's hysterical.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 06:07 PM
  #305
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
If anyone has two tickets, decent seats, face value for 10/15 vs. the Leafs that they want to get rid of - send me a PM.
Check the BUY tickets thread.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=789393

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 09:05 PM
  #306
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
dose anyone know when the tickets will be avaible for seson ticket holders to email to other people?thanks
I'm not sure but I promised a date of Sept 15 to most that bought tickets from me.

After seeing the new info about about picking up the tix on Sept 2 I'm sure my date is a bit tardy.

However, I prefer to give a late date for e-mailing the tix since I have never had a complaint about shipping the tix too early.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 09:16 PM
  #307
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
If anyone has two tickets, decent seats, face value for 10/15 vs. the Leafs that they want to get rid of - send me a PM.
The reason most economists are skeptical about price controls is that they distort the allocation of resources. To paraphrase a remark by Milton Friedman, economists may not know much, but they do know how to produce a shortage. Price ceilings, which prevent prices from exceeding a certain maximum, cause shortages.
Suppose that the supply and demand for wheat flour are balanced at the current price, and that the government then fixes a lower maximum price. The supply of flour will decrease, but the demand for it will increase. The result will be excess demand and empty shelves. Although some consumers will be lucky enough to purchase flour at the lower price, others will be forced to do without.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
  #308
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I'm not sure but I promised a date of Sept 15 to most that bought tickets from me.

After seeing the new info about about picking up the tix on Sept 2 I'm sure my date is a bit tardy.

However, I prefer to give a late date for e-mailing the tix since I have never had a complaint about shipping the tix too early.
Honestly, you should never promise a specific date. I have had seasons since 98, and have always sold games. Have had Giants tickets since 2002 and sold games. I give an estimate as things could happen. One year the Rangers tickets got delayed from the printers. One year, I knew I couldn't get to the city so paid for the delivery. Had to go out the day they were supposed to be delivered and sure enough FedEx (or UPS whoever it was) wouldn't leave them without a signature. Was two weeks before I could actually get them.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
  #309
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Honestly, you should never promise a specific date. I have had seasons since 98, and have always sold games. Have had Giants tickets since 2002 and sold games. I give an estimate as things could happen. One year the Rangers tickets got delayed from the printers. One year, I knew I couldn't get to the city so paid for the delivery. Had to go out the day they were supposed to be delivered and sure enough FedEx (or UPS whoever it was) wouldn't leave them without a signature. Was two weeks before I could actually get them.
You are correct.

I misspoke. I never did quote an exact date. I usually day would be sent when received from the garden (which I estimate to be around Sept 15).

Re : how long does it take to receive the tix when sent? I don't know. I've been picking them up for the past 20 years. I live a few blocks from the Garden. Are they having printing problems? I'm not sure that affects e-mailing tix?

Anyway better to be safe.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
08-31-2010, 06:57 AM
  #310
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
It was about 10 years ago, before they developed the email system. This is the earliest (sept 2nd) I have ever known them to be available. Then in Sept 2002, I wasn't working in the city and between class and work it was going to be a pain in the butt to go into the city just to get the tix, so paid for the FedEx. Had to go out for a little while and of course, they attempted delivery while I was out. Became a pain to get them as I couldn't get to the distribution center to pick up the package.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-31-2010, 08:05 AM
  #311
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
AFAIK season tickets are printed in Arkansas (this year at least) and shipped from there. So even though most of us are a 1 day ship from NYC, it may take an extra day or two.

abev is offline  
Old
08-31-2010, 09:42 PM
  #312
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
Following tickets below are for sale. Section 416 row B where the rangers shoot twice. Price is $80 per pair and that includes the paypal fee. I can email the tickets as well. If you wish to have them shipped you will be required to pay the cost for shipping as I will use FedEx only!

Sept 29th preseason game vs Detroit $53 for both tickets, which covers paypal fee!

Mon Nov 1 Chicago
Mon Nov 29 Pittsburgh
Sun Dec 5 Ottawa
Thu Dec 16 Phoenix
Tue Jan 25 Florida
Thu Feb 3 New Jersey
Thu Feb 17 Los Angeles
Tue Mar 1 Buffalo
Tue Mar 15 NY Islanders
Thu Apr 7 Atlanta

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
09-01-2010, 07:41 PM
  #313
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,335
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Just got my tickets today-- They are very nicely done, as usual.

Went with the whole 85th anniversary / original 6 theme

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  #314
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just got my tickets today-- They are very nicely done, as usual.

Went with the whole 85th anniversary / original 6 theme
Care to post any pics?

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
  #315
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pa...b261eb964c2a1c

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 09:43 AM
  #316
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 1150
hey i need alittle help with stubhub

it say i need to upload the PDF files but how do i do that from the subscriber website? thanks

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 12:15 PM
  #317
skroob**
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Benefits to subs are lower and lower every year.

No more media guide. Now its a whole dollar off of a yearbook.

The 'Tenure Chart' no longer mentions "gifts" to subs at the 5,10,25,etc marks. Now its just useless things like a discount at the nhl.com store and a "complementary Sweet Spot". Makes no difference though, since i never got anything when i hit my 5 year mark anyway. Whatever.

The biggest insult is the food coupons, when are just SOOO generous, like buy two pretzels and a small soda and get a 2nd small soda for $1!!! Wow, what a deal! I only had to buy $15 worth of overpriced food to get another item for the exact price that it should be sold at anyway.

Of course, those $10 parking coupons are a joke too. They make it look like they are giving you value for once, when they know 95% of their subs don't drive to games.

I find it more of an insult they even bother with crap like this. Its a slap in the face.

skroob** is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
  #318
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Yup, the food is so ridiculously overpriced...

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
  #319
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
really dont like the tickets this year, same old crap like always. only ones i like are the ones for the original 6 games.

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
  #320
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Benefits to subs are lower and lower every year.

No more media guide. Now its a whole dollar off of a yearbook.

The 'Tenure Chart' no longer mentions "gifts" to subs at the 5,10,25,etc marks. Now its just useless things like a discount at the nhl.com store and a "complementary Sweet Spot". Makes no difference though, since i never got anything when i hit my 5 year mark anyway. Whatever.

The biggest insult is the food coupons, when are just SOOO generous, like buy two pretzels and a small soda and get a 2nd small soda for $1!!! Wow, what a deal! I only had to buy $15 worth of overpriced food to get another item for the exact price that it should be sold at anyway.

Of course, those $10 parking coupons are a joke too. They make it look like they are giving you value for once, when they know 95% of their subs don't drive to games.

I find it more of an insult they even bother with crap like this. Its a slap in the face.
Do they print media guides anymore? I have one from everyyear going back to 1984 and I could not find on last year. Everytime i asked at the garden they did not know what i was talking about.

bubba5 is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 02:00 PM
  #321
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Do they print media guides anymore? I have one from everyyear going back to 1984 and I could not find on last year. Everytime i asked at the garden they did not know what i was talking about.
Season subscribers get an online version but they do print media guides. My father was able to get one from his friend who works for Versus when he was at the Garden. Just went into the press box and picked one up for him so they definitely still print them.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
  #322
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
I wish i could find it, I only see the online version.

bubba5 is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
  #323
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Demand a printed Media Guide.

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
  #324
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Benefits to subs are lower and lower every year.

No more media guide. Now its a whole dollar off of a yearbook.

The 'Tenure Chart' no longer mentions "gifts" to subs at the 5,10,25,etc marks. Now its just useless things like a discount at the nhl.com store and a "complementary Sweet Spot". Makes no difference though, since i never got anything when i hit my 5 year mark anyway. Whatever.

The biggest insult is the food coupons, when are just SOOO generous, like buy two pretzels and a small soda and get a 2nd small soda for $1!!! Wow, what a deal! I only had to buy $15 worth of overpriced food to get another item for the exact price that it should be sold at anyway.

Of course, those $10 parking coupons are a joke too. They make it look like they are giving you value for once, when they know 95% of their subs don't drive to games.

I find it more of an insult they even bother with crap like this. Its a slap in the face.
I have to agree. I used to like the media guide. Used to leave it on the coffee table and constantly check on stuff. Never looked at the downloadable. Never bought a yearbook, I think last year they gave one for free but you had to pick it up after December? Never did. I have been driving to games since the lockout and have never once used one of those coupons. I don't recall getting a gift for my 5 or 10 year.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 04:22 PM
  #325
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
really dont like the tickets this year, same old crap like always. only ones i like are the ones for the original 6 games.
I'd rather have old school tickets and get charged less. I laughed at that stupid bag they put them in.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.