HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Season Tickets Discussion (23% increase)

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2010, 06:59 PM
rangergiant

vCash: 500
I have 2 tickets in a prime location. Section 336 ON THE AISLE (center ice side of the section) row E.

Looking to perhaps sell the entire season to someone with playoff rights.

Would definitely consider a half season split, also with pro rated playoff rights.

Moving further down would discuss packages with a mix of average and premium games. Perhaps toss a playoff game in the mix if it is big enough.

Face value is all I seek here. If you have been on the waiting list all these years, the chance for tickets in the center 300s on the aisle would be a dream come true.

Send me a message and we can talk.

Old
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
dose anyone know when the tickets will be avaible for seson ticket holders to email to other people?thanks

Old
08-30-2010, 01:59 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

If anyone has two tickets, decent seats, face value for 10/15 vs. the Leafs that they want to get rid of - send me a PM.

Old
08-30-2010, 05:07 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
If anyone has two tickets, decent seats, face value for 10/15 vs. the Leafs that they want to get rid of - send me a PM.
that's hysterical.

Old
08-30-2010, 06:07 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Check the BUY tickets thread.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=789393

Old
08-30-2010, 09:05 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
dose anyone know when the tickets will be avaible for seson ticket holders to email to other people?thanks
I'm not sure but I promised a date of Sept 15 to most that bought tickets from me.

After seeing the new info about about picking up the tix on Sept 2 I'm sure my date is a bit tardy.

However, I prefer to give a late date for e-mailing the tix since I have never had a complaint about shipping the tix too early.

Old
08-30-2010, 09:16 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
The reason most economists are skeptical about price controls is that they distort the allocation of resources. To paraphrase a remark by Milton Friedman, economists may not know much, but they do know how to produce a shortage. Price ceilings, which prevent prices from exceeding a certain maximum, cause shortages.
Suppose that the supply and demand for wheat flour are balanced at the current price, and that the government then fixes a lower maximum price. The supply of flour will decrease, but the demand for it will increase. The result will be excess demand and empty shelves. Although some consumers will be lucky enough to purchase flour at the lower price, others will be forced to do without.

Old
08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I'm not sure but I promised a date of Sept 15 to most that bought tickets from me.

After seeing the new info about about picking up the tix on Sept 2 I'm sure my date is a bit tardy.

However, I prefer to give a late date for e-mailing the tix since I have never had a complaint about shipping the tix too early.
Honestly, you should never promise a specific date. I have had seasons since 98, and have always sold games. Have had Giants tickets since 2002 and sold games. I give an estimate as things could happen. One year the Rangers tickets got delayed from the printers. One year, I knew I couldn't get to the city so paid for the delivery. Had to go out the day they were supposed to be delivered and sure enough FedEx (or UPS whoever it was) wouldn't leave them without a signature. Was two weeks before I could actually get them.

Old
08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Honestly, you should never promise a specific date. I have had seasons since 98, and have always sold games. Have had Giants tickets since 2002 and sold games. I give an estimate as things could happen. One year the Rangers tickets got delayed from the printers. One year, I knew I couldn't get to the city so paid for the delivery. Had to go out the day they were supposed to be delivered and sure enough FedEx (or UPS whoever it was) wouldn't leave them without a signature. Was two weeks before I could actually get them.
You are correct.

I misspoke. I never did quote an exact date. I usually day would be sent when received from the garden (which I estimate to be around Sept 15).

Re : how long does it take to receive the tix when sent? I don't know. I've been picking them up for the past 20 years. I live a few blocks from the Garden. Are they having printing problems? I'm not sure that affects e-mailing tix?

Anyway better to be safe.

Old
08-31-2010, 06:57 AM
patnyrnyg

It was about 10 years ago, before they developed the email system. This is the earliest (sept 2nd) I have ever known them to be available. Then in Sept 2002, I wasn't working in the city and between class and work it was going to be a pain in the butt to go into the city just to get the tix, so paid for the FedEx. Had to go out for a little while and of course, they attempted delivery while I was out. Became a pain to get them as I couldn't get to the distribution center to pick up the package.

Old
08-31-2010, 08:05 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

AFAIK season tickets are printed in Arkansas (this year at least) and shipped from there. So even though most of us are a 1 day ship from NYC, it may take an extra day or two.

Old
08-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Rangers2319

Following tickets below are for sale. Section 416 row B where the rangers shoot twice. Price is $80 per pair and that includes the paypal fee. I can email the tickets as well. If you wish to have them shipped you will be required to pay the cost for shipping as I will use FedEx only!

Sept 29th preseason game vs Detroit $53 for both tickets, which covers paypal fee!

Mon Nov 1 Chicago
Mon Nov 29 Pittsburgh
Sun Dec 5 Ottawa
Thu Dec 16 Phoenix
Tue Jan 25 Florida
Thu Feb 3 New Jersey
Thu Feb 17 Los Angeles
Tue Mar 1 Buffalo
Tue Mar 15 NY Islanders
Thu Apr 7 Atlanta

Old
09-01-2010, 07:41 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Just got my tickets today-- They are very nicely done, as usual.

Went with the whole 85th anniversary / original 6 theme

09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just got my tickets today-- They are very nicely done, as usual.

Went with the whole 85th anniversary / original 6 theme
Care to post any pics?

Old
09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
nyrmetros

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pa...b261eb964c2a1c

Old
09-02-2010, 09:43 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
hey i need alittle help with stubhub

it say i need to upload the PDF files but how do i do that from the subscriber website? thanks

Old
09-02-2010, 12:15 PM
skroob**

Benefits to subs are lower and lower every year.

No more media guide. Now its a whole dollar off of a yearbook.

The 'Tenure Chart' no longer mentions "gifts" to subs at the 5,10,25,etc marks. Now its just useless things like a discount at the nhl.com store and a "complementary Sweet Spot". Makes no difference though, since i never got anything when i hit my 5 year mark anyway. Whatever.

The biggest insult is the food coupons, when are just SOOO generous, like buy two pretzels and a small soda and get a 2nd small soda for $1!!! Wow, what a deal! I only had to buy $15 worth of overpriced food to get another item for the exact price that it should be sold at anyway.

Of course, those $10 parking coupons are a joke too. They make it look like they are giving you value for once, when they know 95% of their subs don't drive to games.

I find it more of an insult they even bother with crap like this. Its a slap in the face.

Old
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Yup, the food is so ridiculously overpriced...

Old
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
really dont like the tickets this year, same old crap like always. only ones i like are the ones for the original 6 games.

Old
09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post

The 'Tenure Chart' no longer mentions "gifts" to subs at the 5,10,25,etc marks. Now its just useless things like a discount at the nhl.com store and a "complementary Sweet Spot". Makes no difference though, since i never got anything when i hit my 5 year mark anyway. Whatever.

The biggest insult is the food coupons, when are just SOOO generous, like buy two pretzels and a small soda and get a 2nd small soda for $1!!! Wow, what a deal! I only had to buy $15 worth of overpriced food to get another item for the exact price that it should be sold at anyway.

Of course, those $10 parking coupons are a joke too. They make it look like they are giving you value for once, when they know 95% of their subs don't drive to games.

I find it more of an insult they even bother with crap like this. Its a slap in the face.
Do they print media guides anymore? I have one from everyyear going back to 1984 and I could not find on last year. Everytime i asked at the garden they did not know what i was talking about.

Old
09-02-2010, 02:00 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Do they print media guides anymore? I have one from everyyear going back to 1984 and I could not find on last year. Everytime i asked at the garden they did not know what i was talking about.
Season subscribers get an online version but they do print media guides. My father was able to get one from his friend who works for Versus when he was at the Garden. Just went into the press box and picked one up for him so they definitely still print them.

Old
09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
bubba5

I wish i could find it, I only see the online version.

Old
09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
nyrmetros

Demand a printed Media Guide.

Old
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post

I have to agree. I used to like the media guide. Used to leave it on the coffee table and constantly check on stuff. Never looked at the downloadable. Never bought a yearbook, I think last year they gave one for free but you had to pick it up after December? Never did. I have been driving to games since the lockout and have never once used one of those coupons. I don't recall getting a gift for my 5 or 10 year.

Old
09-02-2010, 04:22 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
really dont like the tickets this year, same old crap like always. only ones i like are the ones for the original 6 games.
I'd rather have old school tickets and get charged less. I laughed at that stupid bag they put them in.

Closed Thread