HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty completes 57" Box Jump

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM
  #26
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
are you crazy? I'm 5 foot 6 and I can box jump close to that...
From a stand still?

Youtube or I call shenanigans

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:21 PM
  #27
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500


White boys can't jump.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:22 PM
  #28
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
White boys can't jump.
He wasn't standing still though.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
  #29
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
are you crazy? I'm 5 foot 6 and I can box jump close to that...
Bull. 56 cm maybe? I read the world record was ''56. Like certified. In June of 2010. Either you're playing fast and loose with your measurement, or you didn't do a standstill.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
  #30
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
From a stand still?

Youtube or I call shenanigans
if someone in the sherbrooke area wants to be the witness, I'll do it... anytime.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
  #31
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Bull. 56 cm maybe? I read the world record was ''56. Like certified. In June of 2010. Either you're playing fast and loose with your measurement, or you didn't do a standstill.
you're mixing up box jumps and vertical jumps

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:26 PM
  #32
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Just for fun, some google links for all those out there claiming they can do it:

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/s...ord_101752.htm

So according to Google, if this video is accurate, Pacioretty just beat the world record.

But sure, those of you who think this is easy, do go film your attempts for us.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
  #33
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
you guys are pissing me off. I'll take a witness in sherbrooke anytime you want...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
  #34
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
you guys are pissing me off. I'll take a witness in sherbrooke anytime you want...
Video camera. Ruler. Thing to jump on. Go.

We can all witness.

It's not an Olympic sport, maybe you have some special skill. I doubt there is some federation to authenticate them.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
  #35
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Just for fun, some google links for all those out there claiming they can do it:

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/s...ord_101752.htm

So according to Google, if this video is accurate, Pacioretty just beat the world record.

But sure, those of you who think this is easy, do go film your attempts for us.
this is retarded

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
  #36
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
He wasn't standing still though.
You need forward momentum to get over the bar.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
  #37
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
White boys can't jump.
Yes, they can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28NyIquzIQ

(The youtube-button doesn't work for me, but the link is worth it.)

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
  #38
GlobalNews
Registered User
 
GlobalNews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
You need forward momentum to get over the bar.
Which makes it a completely different activity.

GlobalNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:35 PM
  #39
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
I just googled "guinness record box jump" and this is what I found, I'm just going to copy/paste the record part.

http://www.4to40.com/recordbook/inde...ts&sc=Athletic

Ryan Moody, 25, has made a successful 56 inch standing box jump at a local gym in Midvale Utah, known as CrossFit 801 - setting the new world record for the Highest Standing Box Jump.

Ryan Moody says: "3 huge tire tractors were rolled out and stacked up to create the landing platform. Don't let the photos fool you, at a platform height of 56", this is no easy feat. Especially considering I chime in at a solid 5 foot 9 inches, this attempt equates to 81% of my height."

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:36 PM
  #40
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Just for fun, some google links for all those out there claiming they can do it:

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/s...ord_101752.htm

So according to Google, if this video is accurate, Pacioretty just beat the world record.

But sure, those of you who think this is easy, do go film your attempts for us.
No he didn't.

The record is based on height %. The guy who did 56'' was 5'9, not 6'2.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:37 PM
  #41
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
I just googled "guinness record box jump" and this is what I found, I'm just going to copy/paste the record part.

http://www.4to40.com/recordbook/inde...ts&sc=Athletic

Ryan Moody, 25, has made a successful 56 inch standing box jump at a local gym in Midvale Utah, known as CrossFit 801 - setting the new world record for the Highest Standing Box Jump.

Ryan Moody says: "3 huge tire tractors were rolled out and stacked up to create the landing platform. Don't let the photos fool you, at a platform height of 56", this is no easy feat. Especially considering I chime in at a solid 5 foot 9 inches, this attempt equates to 81% of my height."
our own kurt angle

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:37 PM
  #42
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
No he didn't.

The record is based on height %. The guy who did 56'' was 5'9, not 6'2.
Ah... That makes more sense.

Still, our boastful friend here thinks he can do it and is 5'6'', so I'm interested to see him go collect on his pending world record

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:39 PM
  #43
Habsolutely
Registered User
 
Habsolutely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Tunisia
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
So I guess he can dunk?
Probably with his head over the basket...

Habsolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
  #44
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
No he didn't.

The record is based on height %. The guy who did 56'' was 5'9, not 6'2.
Is it? That makes sense. I mean, MaxPac is a pretty athletic guy, but every single pro sports player does these. There has to be a better one.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
  #45
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
No he didn't.

The record is based on height %. The guy who did 56'' was 5'9, not 6'2.
Yep. Pacioretty would have to jump 60 inches if he wanted to match the 81% that the other dude set.

Dwight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:41 PM
  #46
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Yes, they can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28NyIquzIQ

(The youtube-button doesn't work for me, but the link is worth it.)
It looks like he's just skipping through the park with a basket ready to go on a picnic

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:41 PM
  #47
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
This guy jumps 61"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZv0wWnYb0

Still extremely impressive by Pacioretty.

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:42 PM
  #48
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
Probably with his head over the basket...
Doubtful.

Considering you need a 40+ inch vertical (standing still) at 6'8, I doubt a 6'2 person can do it with what should be around 39'' of air (since his legs close, I took out 18'' of the jump).

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
  #49
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Doubtful.

Considering you need a 40+ inch vertical (standing still) at 6'8, I doubt a 6'2 person can do it with what should be around 39'' of air (since his legs close, I took out 18'' of the jump).
But in Basketball he has a running start too. Maybe not over the basket, but he for sure can get the ball in the net.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:53 PM
  #50
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Ah... That makes more sense.

Still, our boastful friend here thinks he can do it and is 5'6'', so I'm interested to see him go collect on his pending world record
I said close to that, I don't even know my real max but I actually do about 46 inches box jumps for about 20 reps.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.