HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

College Football

Old
08-13-2010, 09:11 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Well, they are 13 point dogs against CSU. And CSU is starting a freshman quarterback. I think CU will win 3-4 games this year. They are terrible. Maybe they'll hire Jon Gruden
Oh I know, but I've got a happy little denial going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I think Colorado and Utah will make nice additions for the Pac. If nothing else, at least we finally get a championship game.
Me too. We fit nicer with the PAC than with the former Big 12.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Oh, brandon orr, how you failed me..if everyone stays healthy and isn't fat, the running game is going to be lethal

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Hopefully VT doesn't lose their starting running back for the whole season again. That seems to be a recurring theme whether it be injury or dismissal.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Looking at a 9-3 year this year, but 2011 looks like it could be a championship run if things go according to plan (AKA the Big Ten doesn't **** up the favorable schedule of Iowa, tOSU, and Bama all in Happy Valley).

Anxious to see which of the four QB's JoePa picks though.

Edit: Apparently HF hated my Youtube so let's just look at the White House.

Last edited by Ghost of Downie*: 08-13-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 11:48 PM
daynus

i bounce around

watch CFL, go Riders, NFL, NCAA Football. Saw Oregon State V Hawaii in Honululu. going to see USC at Minnie in 5 weeks. so i really like 3 teams, USC,Florida and Miami Canes. I watch as much as possible, my Dish usually gets me Big 10, PAC 10 and SEC. then sunday with NFL ticket, i like to catch as many different teams as possible with the exception of the teams i hate, Cowgirls,Jets,Giants,Phins, any other team i watch and enjoy.

Bama is a really strong program, Saban gets his boys to play fundamental, smash mouth 3-4 D, and when his LBs and DL graduate, they are NFL ready to play for a 3-4 D. USC does a nice job with LBs, Miami cranks out a lot of ballers as well, they do a nice job with safties and DL.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 12:33 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
I wouldnt bet on Pitt covering their game on September 12th against UNH.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Me too. We fit nicer with the PAC than with the former Big 12.
I went to Boulder and stayed with some buddies from HS my freshman year in 06 when we played the Buffs. It was a pretty crappy game but we had a great time. Loved the campus and area. I look forward to having an excuse to go back.

ASU had their first official scrimmage of summer camp this morning and we're in the throes of a quarterback controversy. Not sure how many of you remember Steven Threet, he started 8 games for Michigan in 08 and transferred to ASU after Rodriguez got hired. He looked damn good today and might win the battle. The other likely candidate is this 6'8" sophomore from Montana. He can run too, was originally committed to Gonzaga to play basketball. I think he needs more time to develop though.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 02:10 PM
IrishSniper87

Temple will beat Villanova. Let's go!

I never got into College sports, but I'll watch the tourney and some bowl games. haha

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 02:14 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

I never got into College sports, but I'll watch the tourney and some bowl games. haha
The Temple/Villanova game at the Linc is always fun. The Mayors cup, or what ever the **** they call it.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 10:45 PM
PhilaFlyers

I'm pumped

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2010, 10:47 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

If anyone is interested:

Time-permitting, Opus will post about three or four games each week as vBookie events. We can't do anything with point spreads so it will be a wager involving a winner and loser. The games will be selected randomly.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:20 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
I'm pumped
WVU sucks!

R-U RAH RAH

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:21 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
If anyone is interested:

Time-permitting, Opus will post about three or four games each week as vBookie events. We can't do anything with point spreads so it will be a wager involving a winner and loser. The games will be selected randomly.
Is he going top 25 teams, or local (Temple, *cough* Rutgers *cough*)?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'm almost completely indifferent until the fix the schedule/playoff system tbh.
same here, the whole college football buzz doesn't do anything for me personally. I can understand some of the interschool rivalries for alumni and betting obviously, but when some of the "best teams in the nation" only play 3 or 4 teams a year (i still remember when Temple had to play Miami, Ohio State, Penn State...) that are actually on their level, and then have computers decide who's best. What's the point? lol

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 10:06 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Penn State.

Not gonna be a great year though, they're penciled in for at least 3 losses with Alabama, Ohio State, and Iowa on the schedule.
and Temple.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Is he going top 25 teams, or local (Temple, *cough* Rutgers *cough*)?
Requests can be made but there's no guarantee they can all be met especially considering the amount of games. Most likely, the focus will be on a big game (Boise St- VT, for instance). Once the NHL starts, those games get the primary attention so we try to limit the Saturday college football games. I'll discuss it with Opus and see what we can do.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

how does vbookie work?

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 102
Generally it's matchups involving Top 25 teams, or on national television. Some of the lines don't get released because it's so big.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:36 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Penn State.

Not gonna be a great year though, they're penciled in for at least 3 losses with Alabama, Ohio State, and Iowa on the schedule.
7-5, 8-4 at best and no that's not a record considering the cupcakes they play. Hopefully Joe and his incompetent boob of a son are gone after this season. He may have built the program to what it was, but since '99 he and his son have almost single handily brought the program down from elite to a second tier power.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
7-5, 8-4 at best and no that's not a record considering the cupcakes they play. Hopefully Joe and his incompetent boob of a son are gone after this season. He may have built the program to what it was, but since '99 he and his son have almost single handily brought the program down from elite to a second tier power.
They're 51-13 with 3 top tens and 2 conference titles in the last five years...not sure many "second tier powers" can claim that.

Old
09-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
They're 51-13 with 3 top tens and 2 conference titles in the last five years...not sure many "second tier powers" can claim that.
Agreed. They had some down years this past decade but on the whole have remained one of the better program's in the country.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 08:06 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
I understand their record. It's great, no denying that. But the quality of the competition in the Big 10 is very low and they're given enough guarenteed wins thanks to the weak conference and early season cupcakes (Youngstown St type teams).

The record is inflated and they are no where near the program they were in the mid 1990s. I'd like to see the record of the PSU vs top 25 teams since 2005. They're record was good last year but in the only two big games they had they were absolutely dominated...AT HOME by Iowa and Ohio State. When given a quality opponent, I bet their record is hovering around .500.

I love the program still. I went to PSU and I still pay for season tickets and make the trip every week there's a home game. I follow the recruiting very seriously as well. But for people who just look at the record and just assume their elite...well they're just ignorant, no offense to anyone. Are they in better shape than they were from 2000 to 2004? Yes. But their just a mediocre teams that fattens up on weak conference teams such as Purdue or Minnesota and early season dogs.

Old
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 102
Penn State is in a rebuilding phase, so they sort of need that Youngstown State game, at the very least to find a QB.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
I used to hate JayPa but he's actually built two pretty good offenses around Robinson and Clark, and was pushing for Clark to take over for Morelli, but JoePa voted against it.

Listen, Joe's not the coach he was in the 80's, but as long as Bradley is running the defense, LJ Sr. is running the D-Line, and Hall and JayPa are running a pretty good offense, then I'm fine with Joe being a figurehead.

Bolden looks like a balance between Clark (passer with some run) and Robinson (runner with some pass), so developing him for 4 years looks good to me. 2011's gonna show you how good this team will be.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
I used to hate JayPa but he's actually built two pretty good offenses around Robinson and Clark, and was pushing for Clark to take over for Morelli, but JoePa voted against it.

Listen, Joe's not the coach he was in the 80's, but as long as Bradley is running the defense, LJ Sr. is running the D-Line, and Hall and JayPa are running a pretty good offense, then I'm fine with Joe being a figurehead.

Bolden looks like a balance between Clark (passer with some run) and Robinson (runner with some pass), so developing him for 4 years looks good to me. 2011's gonna show you how good this team will be.
2011 should be a good year considering the kids they brought in during the 2008 and 2009 recruiting campaigns.

Robinson was good, I'll give you that. Clark was very average, Devlin should have gotten the job but JayPa can't run an offense around a traditional qb as we saw with Morelli. Devlin got a raw deal and he knew it. That's why he bailed, he never got a fair shake. When I was at the Blue and White game in 2008 it was very clear Devlin was the better quarterback, most writers or fans there would have told you that.

JayPa is also an abomination when it comes to recruiting. He was given Ohio as his territory to recruit, but he hasn't brought anyone in two ****in years...he basically waves the white flag. He was fired twice already at PSU: once as the TE coach, the other as Head of Recruiting...but his dad keeps finding a new job for him.

In fact, no coach on the offense side of the ball does any recruiting at all. Only Bradley and Johnson make visits.....Joe hasn't left his house to recruit in two years now. They're really struggling this year getting kids. Pitt and Ohio State are cleaning their clock in western Pa...it's pathetic.

After Joe retires they're gonna blow the whole staff out, Jay won't be around too much longer. Moron has no business having his job in the first place, he only got it thanks to his dad.