HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Especially since we have a coach who doesn't really use lines. Schenn could start the game on the 4th line and wind up on the 1st PP unit by the end of the first period. The more legit weapons you give Terry Murray the better he becomes as coach.
Barry Melrose says "hi!"

Old
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Barry Melrose says "hi!"
Barry Melrose wanted less Corey Millen, Mike Donnelly and Robert Lang and preferred more Phil Crowe, Troy Crowder and Barry Potomski.

Sadly, the last Kings coach who ran all four lines and did a good job at that was Andy Murray.

Old
09-03-2010, 01:06 AM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Typical lawyer! I work in the education field, do you really think there is anything in my bank?
try building industry.. I've been in ****hole for 3 years now...

Old
09-03-2010, 02:27 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Sorry kids, I DO see Schenn kicking some bootay in camp and earning his spot in the lineup like Night Train did.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:30 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

From everything management says and the fact that there are roster spots open I see Schenn making the team unless he completely bombs during training camp.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Regarding Schenn and his role/minutes should he make the Kings roster. Do note that when Simmonds, Moller, and Purcell all cracked the Kings roster in 2008-09 as rookies, they each averaged over 13 minutes per game, which would rank them as third line forwards on the team.

Terry Murray isn't shy about using young players, and should Schenn and Clifford make the team, I think he will give more minutes to his fourth line as he'll have better options than having to play the likes of Ivanans, Clune or Zeiler.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I like Schenn, but I still think he has a bit of development ahead of him still. If he makes the Kings, I believe it will largely be due to the fact that they wouldn't want to send him back to juniors. We shall know for sure in the coming month during training camp.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:43 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

And even if he doesn't stay with the team all year I think they will give him the 9 game trial once the season begins.

Old
09-03-2010, 03:19 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauspaint View Post
try building industry.. I've been in ****hole for 3 years now...
So we can skip the trip to your bank!

Old
09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Dang... One year $500,000 for Comrie? Must have been persuaded by the flash of the Pens =/ I was hoping we could sign him for something like that as a filler winger.

Old
09-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Omni Owl

Rather see if one of the prospects could fill the spot than sign Comrie...

Old
09-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Comrie bounces from team to team because he is a highly skilled guy, but everyone has always questioned his worth ethic, and honestly the quotes from Hillary Duff were the first time I ever heard anyone say anything positive about the guys personality.

But ya 1 year 500k is pretty low, but considering the wealth of his father and his wife, I'm sure money isn't a factor and he is probably looking to win a cup.

Old
09-03-2010, 11:46 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
But ya 1 year 500k is pretty low, but considering the wealth of his father and his wife, I'm sure money isn't a factor and he is probably looking to win a cup.
Isn't that below the league minimum? I thought the bottom end was $525k or $550K?

Old
09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
johnjm22

With Stewart, Price and Gagne all resigning recently, the only two high profile RFA's still unsigned are Staal and Ryan. Looking at the Rangers' current payroll, it will be interesting to see how the situation plays out. I know they can always just put Redden in the minors, but I just can't see them doing that. He's still serviceable, and their D is thin already.

Old
09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Dang... One year $500,000 for Comrie? Must have been persuaded by the flash of the Pens =/ I was hoping we could sign him for something like that as a filler winger.
He's looking to pad his stats playing with Crosby for a better contract next year and it wouldn't hurt if he wins a cup with Pittsburgh.

Old
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
With Stewart, Price and Gagne all resigning recently, the only two high profile RFA's still unsigned are Staal and Ryan. Looking at the Rangers' current payroll, it will be interesting to see how the situation plays out. I know they can always just put Redden in the minors, but I just can't see them doing that. He's still serviceable, and their D is thin already.
Neal isn't signed yet, that I know of anyway. Did he resign in the last few days?

Old
09-03-2010, 02:29 PM
willie

Am I the only one here who would love to invite O'Sullivan to camp??

Dude can still turn things around and there would be no harm in inviting him to camp. Also, guys like Smyth, Mitchell & Williams could be real stabilizing vets to help him get his head on straight.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie View Post

Dude can still turn things around and there would be no harm in inviting him to camp. Also, guys like Smyth, Mitchell & Williams could be real stabilizing vets to help him get his head on straight.
DL and I say no thanks.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:38 PM
wicker

What would we need to give up in order to get Neal? Kings and Stars have traded in the past, so that won't be a problem. Will it be something like Hickey + first + another good prospect? Just wondering.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Mike The Franchise

Marek Svatos is still a free agent and a former 30 goal scorer.

Old
09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
So we can skip the trip to your bank!
no..no.. you can stop by and put some.. I need money to buy milk and diapers for my new born daughter.

Old
09-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
Marek Svatos is still a free agent and a former 30 goal scorer.
god no

Old
09-03-2010, 04:13 PM
no name

Quote:

I'd love it. He's got nowhere to go but up.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
DL and I say no thanks.
As far as I know, I've never seen anything on record to the effect that DL had serious issues with Patty. He simply dealt him in order to acquire one of his man crushes in Williams. Correct me if I`m wrong but the trade seemed more a pull-factor trade (getting the guy they wanted) as opposed to a push-factor trade. (getting rid of O'Sullivan)

Inviting him to camp would be a no-lose situation. If he doesn't fit, let him go. If he meshes with the lineup and guys like Smyth take him under their wing, then you've got a top-6 talent for what would surely be a cheap deal. I know he has issues but there is no doubting his talent to be a top-6 forward. There is also no doubting this team is still lacking in the skill department. He also showed in his tenure as a King a willingness to get grittier and play in dirty areas as well as improve his two-way game. The guy is coachable.

It's just a thought but I can't see how you can lose by simply inviting him to camp and giving him one more opportunity with the organization.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
MollerManor

Quote:
As far as I know, I've never seen anything on record to the effect that DL had serious issues with Patty. He simply dealt him in order to acquire one of his man crushes in Williams. Correct me if I`m wrong but the trade seemed more a pull-factor trade (getting the guy they wanted) as opposed to a push-factor trade. (getting rid of O'Sullivan)

Inviting him to camp would be a no-lose situation. If he doesn't fit, let him go. If he meshes with the lineup and guys like Smyth take him under their wing, then you've got a top-6 talent for what would surely be a cheap deal. I know he has issues but there is no doubting his talent to be a top-6 forward. There is also no doubting this team is still lacking in the skill department. He also showed in his tenure as a King a willingness to get grittier and play in dirty areas as well as improve his two-way game. The guy is coachable.

It's just a thought but I can't see how you can lose by simply inviting him to camp and giving him one more opportunity with the organization.
And I see no argument with that at all. I think it would be a nice surprise to see him at camp.

Closed Thread