Old
07-06-2010, 06:47 AM
swissexpert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
moderators deleted them !

I guess we went off topics !

On the axis of anonimity/non anonimity you have advertisement further down ... so very possibly the thread was deemed being in this territory
oh, I thought we were still on topic..

at least we were two of a rare group that could see a real scouts opinion

Do you know whats Robert Mayers status? There were some rumors he'll sign in Switzerland (Lugano)?
Is he still under a contract in Montreal or free to decide?
I enjoyed how he played at the end of the season, saving something about .93 in the playoffs and was named MVP...

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
oh, I thought we were still on topic..

at least we were two of a rare group that could see a real scouts opinion

Do you know whats Robert Mayers status? There were some rumors he'll sign in Switzerland (Lugano)?
Is he still under a contract in Montreal or free to decide?
I enjoyed how he played at the end of the season, saving something about .93 in the playoffs and was named MVP...
This MVP in playoffs was sort of surprising, specialy in light of the average regular season he had between ECHL and AHL ... then that Halak left for another team (don't remember which one) is also a good point for him.

It would be a pitty if he comes back to Switzerlad. i am prety convinced that if he keeps up with the same stats/numbers, he could get a 1a goalie with the Bulldogs and then ... Price not being always impressive ... you never know where he may end. Alex Auld can also have poor periods and i do not know Curtis Sanford ... his stats aren't in the guiness book for sure.

But this Lugano topic sounds familiar as well.
Frankly i have no idea about Meyer's status !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
torero

Interesting about "all" Swiss players abroad. (he obviously forgot some juniors...)

http://hockey.blog.tdg.ch/archive/20...-prochain.html
All in french and nothing new that we aren't informd about on this board !

Last edited by torero: 07-06-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old
07-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Pokechecker

Quote:
he deleted all his messages?!
The moderator deleted all my messages because he wanted to make sure that I'm for real and not just a fake. A very professional approach what I really appreciated because nobody wants to be doubled by somebody else. So I did proof who I am and now my posts are back on track with my name.
Thomas Roost

Pokechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:29 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokechecker View Post
The moderator deleted all my messages because he wanted to make sure that I'm for real and not just a fake. A very professional approach what I really appreciated because nobody wants to be doubled by somebody else. So I did proof who I am and now my posts are back on track with my name.
Thomas Roost
Yes, I'm sorry for the confusion created but this is normal procedure with persons wishing to post as public figures. Thanks for your cooperation Thomas.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:24 AM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokechecker View Post
Thomas Roost
nice to see you back! I really enjoy your presence and I'm sure this topic will be more interesting with you and especially because of the swiss NA success over the last years...

I remember like it was yesterday when I was playing NHL 03 on my Gamecube. We played careers with all 82 games a season and it was clearly the main topic between me and my brother. Beside cheering for our team a big thing was how the Swiss were doing. Thomas Ziegler was a 55er in Tampa and we traded for him just to grow him up. Although we shot some goals with him, he got worse because of his potential Of course, David Aebischer was our goalie, even with the Capitals. That was our big problem because he wasn't a #1 then, but he never left the team.
Then the summer came and we heard something about Goran Bezina and Julien Vauclair would try the step to NA. To speculate how strong they could be in the next NHL game nearly stole us the summer.
They became a 67er and a 65er I think

Now, the situation is totally different and we can speculate if Nino would be a Rick Nash or a Eric Cole type of player.
We're thinking about what it needs for Jonas Hiller to be a franchise goalie.
We compare Luca Sbisa to Scott Niedermayer.
Is Mark Streit a #1 Defenseman?
Svan Bärtschi the next Niederreiter? Roman Josi the next Streit and how many of the 10 Players in the CHL can make the NHL?
How am I able to not mention the Wicks, the Blindenbachers, the Stephans out there?
5 years ago I would have spent many hours to speculate if Wick would become a 72er or a 74er in the NHL 11 Game.

When I look at the situation and this progress over such a short time, I'm just smiling

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 08:12 AM
torero

Absolutely welcome back Pokechecker. You are a + on this site.

Quote:

When I look at the situation and this progress over such a short time, I'm just smiling
Definitely same for me. Not with the same references.

20yrs ago, Switzerland would play with Russia and would lose 12-0 ! after that they asked in the locker room the Russian players to stop shooting too many goals !

and now ! what a difference.

It is all good for Switzerland.

before 20yrs we will be World champions ! book my words ! (not olympics because then, all players will be on ice ... and we may need more than 20 yrs to achieve this but WC ! ... in my view this year, for special circumstances, we had a shot and could have surprised everybody with a bit more luck !)

Old
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
20yrs ago, Switzerland would play with Russia and would lose 12-0 ! after that they asked in the locker room the Russian players to stop shooting too many goals !
Switzerland actually tied Russia 2-2 back in 1992, with Russia scoring two late goals (I think it may even have been Russia's first ever game in an IIHF tournament). Those 12-0 scores are more like 70's stuff.

Old
07-07-2010, 03:58 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Switzerland actually tied Russia 2-2 back in 1992, with Russia scoring two late goals (I think it may even have been Russia's first ever game in an IIHF tournament). Those 12-0 scores are more like 70's stuff.
ok ... 30 yrs ago. It was still the soviet block. so lets say 1980. Yes it must be around that date.
not the 70's ... i was 15 years old when it happend therefore it was in the 80's. sure.

Old
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Godi Jr

is there a thread for swiss hockey in genaral

Godi Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
torero

Roman Josi

Apparently the camp he had in Nashville went well. He was under the radar and obviously positively noticed by some fans.

http://www.section303.com/the-sectio...camp-team-5934

Old
07-16-2010, 10:02 PM
DaFreshPrince

Yannick Webber could play in montreal lineup IF some D-men go down... He's a good player...i mean to my eyes he has potential... I'd like to see him instead of Spacek, but for sure he has a place with the Bulldogs.

And don't forget Nino Neiderreiter...VERY GOOD PLAYER

DaFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:24 PM
torero

So far we have the following players ready to play in the NHL :

Sure : Streit, Hiller
Maybe : Sbisa
Possibly later during the year : Josi, Wick and Blindenbacher
Eventually later in the year : Niederreiter, Weber (maybe he will have a better year than last year ! therefore avoiding being a lifeAHLer. Which he won't be ... lifeLNA or European league would be more appropriate), Simek (I am not sold on him but saw him play very little and it seems that the lightenings have interest in him !)
little probability : Steiner

low probability as backup : Gerber and Stephan.

Sure AHL : Weber
Probably AHL : Meyer, Steiner, Simek

In CHL : Sven Bärtschi, Dave Sutter, Lino Martschini, Dario Truttmann, Dennis Saikkonen, Dominik Schlumpf, Alain Berger and Nils Berger.

I am not evoking (or including) Damien Brunner, Thomas Deruns or even Roman Lemm who cannot go to a training camps because under contract.
I also consider that Mauro Jorg will stay in Switzerland

Impressive !!! 21 names !! (without Brunner, Deruns, Lemm and Jorg that i consider will stay in Switzerland for this year at least)
Obviously not all will be playing in NA (specially the 2 goalies on the list) ... Yet undboutly, to take an expression from the world of finance : the trend is our friend ! and the stock of swiss hockey is on the rise !
(maybe the Bruins will end up hiring swiss players )

Last edited by torero: 07-24-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old
07-27-2010, 12:00 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Nothing on Tobi? Has any teams contacted him? Is there still a chance of him getting signed this year or will he play another season with Geneve?

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 08:19 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
Nothing on Tobi? Has any teams contacted him? Is there still a chance of him getting signed this year or will he play another season with Geneve?
I highly doubt any NHL teams are going to look at him. There are still a few good goalies (Turco being one) that will get contract offers before he will.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 02:09 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

As far as I know, Stephan hasn't been in contact with any NHL organization so far.

Old
07-28-2010, 04:30 AM
koh19

How many teams are still looking for a backup? Not many. Nashville, Pittsburgh,...?

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 08:17 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Oilers signed Gerber for one year, guessing it's for sure Tobi is going to stay another year with Geneve?

Old
08-07-2010, 04:04 AM
torero

Martin Gerber

was signed by the Oilers for a 1 year contract. Krueger's input may have had value in this signing. (the amount could be around 550'000 USD)
Gerber (36) has a NHL carreer at 91% with 2.65 GAA in 226 games.

Their will be 3 other goalies ...
Nikolai Kabibulin (37), 90.9% and 3.03 GAA last year with only 18 games. He's carreer is at 90.8%. He has 3 years contract at 3.75mio/yr with the Oilers.
Devan Dubnyk (24), 88.9% and 3.57 GAA last year in 19 games. 2 yrs contract.
Jeff Deslauriers (26), 90.1% and 3.27 GAA last year in 48 games. he had 10 more games in NHL in 08-09 with the Oilers and had also 90.1%. 1yr contract.

It looks like he may backup Kabibulin. Yet both are Veterans and i guess that the Oilers must want to have a young goalie ready somewhere in their system who would be likely to play ... as a backup the first years unless one of the Deslauriers-Dubnyk play lights this year.

Whatever, interesting situation with almost nothing fixed.

Addition : all 3 contracts (Kabibulin, Dubnyk and Deslauriers) are 1 way deals ! while Gerber has a 2 ways deal. Therefore it is probable that Gerber spends some time in the Oklahoma City Barons team. ...

Last edited by torero: 08-11-2010 at 04:45 AM. Reason: addition of info
Old
08-10-2010, 03:48 PM
peachy89

Juraj Simek was signed a 2-way contract for a year by Tampa Bay

peachy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:54 AM
koh19

The Edmonton Oilers have invited Dominik Schlumpf to their rookie camp.

Nice job!

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
torero

Tim Kevin Weber who participated in the last JWC with Switzerland (of course !)

The 20years old Bern native hockey player started with Bern, then played for 3 yrs in Sweden with Modo mainly in the U20 will play for the Chicago Steel in the USHL in the coming year.

Good Luck und machs guet.

Old
08-21-2010, 01:54 PM
torero

Daniel Steiner

Is looking for a contract in Europe. after his North American experience, he realized that the NHL was out of reach for many reasons (age among others ...).

Now He is looking for a European Ex-NLA employer. He was on tryial with Pardubice in the Basle tournament where in 3 games, he scored 4pts (1g,3a) against SKA st Petersburg (1g) and Servette Geneva (2a) and EHC Basle (1a).

We will see what lies in front of him, yet he seems to have serious options outside of Switzerland (according to him and to Mc Sorley (GSHC trainer)). It is perfectly logical ... he scores = he produces !

Good luck Daniel !

Old
08-23-2010, 03:04 AM
torero

18 Year old Mathieu Maret who played in the Swiss U18 WC will be playing next year with the Austin Bruins in NAHL.

Bonne Chance Mathieu!

Will someone be left in Switzerland ??

Old
09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Just wondering. Which player will have a better future and holds more potential? Wick or Josi?