HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Udem Parking

Old
09-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Thinkbig

vCash: 500
Udem Parking

Hey, mods please don't merge too fast!

Freakin UDEM has sold out its 1 year parkings.. To whomever goes to UDEM and owns a car, what can I do!? Is there some free parking spots around the campus??

Also, PM me if you have something.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mods again! Please don't merge it, just bought a car and no parking space!! FML.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 12:04 PM
habs1988

I know alot of people who are going to UQAM.

What they do is that they park their cars at Montreal North on the streets, then take the subway.

So, maybe you should park your car near Henri-Bourassa, then go on subway to UdeM.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
usernam

It's almost cheaper to take the cab to school everyday.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 12:10 PM
jamz

I'd place an advert on Kijiji or Craigslist... Lots of people drop out during the first few weeks, I would think atleast some of them have cars?

As for free parking, depending what Pavillon your classes are at, you may find some (like on Jean-Brillant), but the places only free up around the exact hour when students finish their classes, so the time to park and get to your class you will probably be late. Maybe look around for houses with no car parked and knock asking if you can rent their parking spot during the day, if they don't use it...

In the place where you pay your tuition fees in Pavillon J-A de Sève there are adverts on billboards. Maybe there will be parking places advertised? There are also plenty of billboards everywhere on campus. Look around.

Hope this helps.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
I'd place an advert on Kijiji or Craigslist... Lots of people drop out during the first few weeks, I would think atleast some of them have cars?

As for free parking, depending what Pavillon your classes are at, you may find some (like on Jean-Brillant), but the places only free up around the exact hour when students finish their classes, so the time to park and get to your class you will probably be late. Maybe look around for houses with no car parked and knock asking if you can rent their parking spot during the day, if they don't use it...

In the place where you pay your tuition fees in Pavillon J-A de Sève there are adverts on billboards. Maybe there will be parking places advertised? There are also plenty of billboards everywhere on campus. Look around.

Hope this helps.
I hope it's someone on hfboards! Also, where exactly on jean-brillant there's a free parking?

Thanks for the info, rly appreciate it.

Old
09-03-2010, 12:49 PM
patsbury

There is free parking at Namur metro station. It is a 5-10 minutes subway ride from there. I do it from time to time, but you have to get there early.

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Take the Metro. Much easier to reach the UDEM campus by metro than by car.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
went there for a few years... subway is your friend. Look for parking north of HEC and by north i mean: 15 minutes away from the University

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 01:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
There should just be a major school related OT thread me thinks.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 01:15 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Heh, depending where you from, you'd be better off taking the metro. If you live in Montreal and are under 25, you have access to the reduced price.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

If you're from the East, park at Iberville.

Not only there is no parking, but there is also a lot of traffic.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 03:42 PM
MXD

If you get there pretty early, there's always a way.
Otherwise, park at Metro Namur. Or in the surroundings of Metro Lionel Groulx. There might be some other places as well.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
There is free parking at Namur metro station. It is a 5-10 minutes subway ride from there. I do it from time to time, but you have to get there early.
I'll be attending Concordia this semester and I intend to park there and take the metro. How early should I get there for a parking spot?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 04:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
I'll be attending Concordia this semester and I intend to park there and take the metro. How early should I get there for a parking spot?
meh, tbh, go to concordia, park on bishop/rene levesque or something, it's 8$ for whole day parking and you're 2 min away from school. Yah, it sucks, but you're only saving 2.50(8-2.75x2 bus fare). Unless you have Opus card, which I don't, cuz I drive everywhere so don't bother getting it. The only reason I suggest paying for parking is the inconvenience caused by searched for parking at a metro. I live in RDP so I go to radisson metro. When I start concordia at 8:45=hell. I drive to metro, I try to park at place versailles, blocked before 9(i'm at metro around 8). So I try parking residential. One side of the street says no parking 9-10am(or 8-9 i forget) and the other says no parking 1-4pm. So I usually go on the pm side, however, if I have class after 1 and before 9 I can't park on either side. So i try the parking reserved for metro, but it's full. So I get annoyed and just drive dtown. I'm just giving you the shortcut. lol

Old
09-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I'm not crazy about driving downtown to pay $8 a day IF I find a parking spot, that could be several blocks or streets away from where I need to go.

Plus, I have an OPUS card.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I'm not crazy about driving downtown to pay $8 a day IF I find a parking spot, that could be several blocks or streets away from where I need to go.

Plus, I have an OPUS card.
If you have the OPUS card there's no point. It's a paid parking btw, there's always a spot, there's no real IF in the equation. I don't mind, i merely suggested if you didnt have opus card.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
If you have the OPUS card there's no point. It's a paid parking btw, there's always a spot, there's no real IF in the equation. I don't mind, i merely suggested if you didnt have opus card.
I understand. I didn't mean to come off as callous, it's just that your suggestion isn't really something advantageous for me.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I understand. I didn't mean to come off as callous, it's just that your suggestion isn't really something advantageous for me.
No problem. It's always ideal to park at metro. That's my first option, but it's very unreliable at times as tons of people park around it. Be careful about no parking times as well. I've done my planning for school and I already know, tuesdays and thursdays I either park dtown or take the bus.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:26 PM
QcnARF

Dtown is horrible. Especially now with the new bike paths and bixi parkings...

QcnARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 05:53 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
There's free parking around but its a real pain. My gf lives on cote st cath and decelles, and its a ****ing pain when i stay over at night to find parking if i get there at like midnight.

For the specific of around UdeM, my friend goes there, and gets a lot of parking tickets... he finds parking sometimes, but not all the time.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Thinkbig

damn.. i can't be paying 12$ per day! 4 times a week! :s

and I don't want to use the metro! I have a 2011 car and it would suck to use the metro instead... also, i don't want it to be stole or damaged by parking in tight spots...

Where is the free parking on jean=brillant?? is it the parking just in front of the second cup???

Old
09-03-2010, 07:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
damn.. i can't be paying 12$ per day! 4 times a week! :s

and I don't want to use the metro! I have a 2011 car and it would suck to use the metro instead... also, i don't want it to be stole or damaged by parking in tight spots...

Where is the free parking on jean=brillant?? is it the parking just in front of the second cup???
I remember you asking a while back for advice. What did you end up buying?

Old
09-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
I remember you asking a while back for advice. What did you end up buying?
128i!! red leather and exterior with space grey exterior... I can't let this baby parked in a metro

Old
09-03-2010, 08:17 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
128i!! red leather and exterior with space grey exterior... I can't let this baby parked in a metro
That's pretty sweet. Nice choice. Careful where you park it. My car isn't as nice(2009 hond accord coupe) and some ******* keyed my car and ripped off back honda logo...pretty annoyed by that.

You could always check for someone renting their unused parking spots dtown.

Old
09-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
That's pretty sweet. Nice choice. Careful where you park it. My car isn't as nice(2009 hond accord coupe) and some ******* keyed my car and ripped off back honda logo...pretty annoyed by that.

You could always check for someone renting their unused parking spots dtown.
damn that sux... feel bad 4 u. that's why parking it to the metro or too far from me worries me lol

i come to the uni pretty early so I guess the free parking in jean brillant would fit my needs but where is it located??