HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Tickets Discussion (23% increase)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
  #326
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Benefits to subs are lower and lower every year.

No more media guide. Now its a whole dollar off of a yearbook.

The 'Tenure Chart' no longer mentions "gifts" to subs at the 5,10,25,etc marks. Now its just useless things like a discount at the nhl.com store and a "complementary Sweet Spot". Makes no difference though, since i never got anything when i hit my 5 year mark anyway. Whatever.

The biggest insult is the food coupons, when are just SOOO generous, like buy two pretzels and a small soda and get a 2nd small soda for $1!!! Wow, what a deal! I only had to buy $15 worth of overpriced food to get another item for the exact price that it should be sold at anyway.

Of course, those $10 parking coupons are a joke too. They make it look like they are giving you value for once, when they know 95% of their subs don't drive to games.

I find it more of an insult they even bother with crap like this. Its a slap in the face.
It isn't going to get better now that MSG is part of a publically traded company. All the shareholders don't care about anything except revenue and profits.

Soon they'll be strip-searching people to prevent them from sneaking in a healthy snack.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
  #327
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I have to agree. I used to like the media guide. Used to leave it on the coffee table and constantly check on stuff. Never looked at the downloadable. Never bought a yearbook, I think last year they gave one for free but you had to pick it up after December? Never did. I have been driving to games since the lockout and have never once used one of those coupons. I don't recall getting a gift for my 5 or 10 year.
They stopped printing them last year--now they are only available for download. I hate it too--just like you I liked to have it nearby and check stats and whatever out on a whim.

There was some kind of yearbook that season ticketholders got a free coupon for (I didn't get it, gave the coupon to a friend).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 08:55 AM
  #328
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Demand a printed Media Guide.
Demand who? If i had a contact tht actually had some pull I would.

bubba5 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 09:23 AM
  #329
skroob**
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I'd rather have old school tickets and get charged less. I laughed at that stupid bag they put them in.
Well, you dont have to worry about that anymore, either. They no longer give you that ultra-cheap fabric draw-string bag... they downgraded to paper this year.

skroob** is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
  #330
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,842
vCash: 500
I gotmy tickets but didn't get the stupid bag. Of course I've got several of them from the last few years.

bobbop is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 12:04 PM
  #331
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,207
vCash: 500
I don't care about the bag, the paint can, the stupid musical envelope, the coupons, the discount card, food vouchers, etc etc

JUST FREAKIN' WIN!!!


Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
  #332
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Can some explain to me how I pulled up Section 405 Row B for full season tickets on their website when I specifically asked to relocate to the 400's and was told nothing was available even behind the net, let alone center ice?

I'm emailing my rep with a nasty letter, I am NOT happy.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 02:06 PM
  #333
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,166
vCash: 500
What do you mean "pulled up" ? Is there a site that tells you what sections season tickets are available in? I'm not going to suggest they didn't lie to you, because anything's possible, but maybe they had a late cancellation or something?

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
  #334
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What do you mean "pulled up" ? Is there a site that tells you what sections season tickets are available in? I'm not going to suggest they didn't lie to you, because anything's possible, but maybe they had a late cancellation or something?
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pa...83083ba5ed3ce6

They did not have a late cancellation because I found Row B before, and now the same section Row F and G are popping up. Meaning a block of empty seats "magically" is now available. They lied-- plain and simple.

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
  #335
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
I know of a 10 year STH whose owns his own business and just lost a major client thus about 20% of his income who had reupped his tickets for this year but had to cancel a few weeks ago and did not get a hard time from the Rangers. I guess in this economy there are a few last minute cancellations.

Giacomin is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 02:39 PM
  #336
li7039
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 165
vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just got my tickets today-- They are very nicely done, as usual.

Went with the whole 85th anniversary / original 6 theme
could you post some pics of them?

li7039 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
  #337
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pa...83083ba5ed3ce6

They did not have a late cancellation because I found Row B before, and now the same section Row F and G are popping up. Meaning a block of empty seats "magically" is now available. They lied-- plain and simple.
Link didn't work for me... Why would the ticket master site report on the availability of season tickets? I'm totally confused...

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
  #338
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Link didn't work for me... Why would the ticket master site report on the availability of season tickets? I'm totally confused...
Just go NYRangers.com and follow the link for season tickets. You can buy them online and check specific availability.

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
  #339
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by li7039 View Post
could you post some pics of them?
Every ticket is something different, here are just a few examples. Sorry for the bad photography, I just used my cell phone.

EDIT: Hopefully you can click those photos for a larger size, I'm not really sure why they came out so small. Sorry


Last edited by NyRangers88: 10-29-2013 at 12:34 AM.
NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 05:29 PM
  #340
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,166
vCash: 500
I wish they would fix the damn MSG seating chart... There are errors with how it's mapped out... Look at the attached chart... They have this gap between section 427 and 426.... I regularly sit in Section 427, there is no gap between 427 and 426, it's continuous seats... I'm not sure why the diagram doesn't reflect that....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seatingchart.jpg‎ (75.0 KB, 8 views)

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 05:30 PM
  #341
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just go NYRangers.com and follow the link for season tickets. You can buy them online and check specific availability.
Thanks... Looks like the 400 level options are now gone...

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 05:48 PM
  #342
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I wish they would fix the damn MSG seating chart... There are errors with how it's mapped out... Look at the attached chart... They have this gap between section 427 and 426.... I regularly sit in Section 427, there is no gap between 427 and 426, it's continuous seats... I'm not sure why the diagram doesn't reflect that....
The reason for this is the 400 sections behind the net are actually a balcony directly over the 300's, however this cannot be shown in a seating chart.

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
  #343
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The reason for this is the 400 sections behind the net are actually a balcony directly over the 300's, however this cannot be shown in a seating chart.
In reality, where i sit in 427, I'm not even behind the goal line like how they show in that diagram... I'm about where the face off circle is in the offensive zone... Still, there's no gap there between the two sections... Also, they show the 400's sections behind the net on one end of the arena and not the other?


Last edited by wolfgaze: 09-03-2010 at 07:14 PM.
wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
  #344
li7039
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 165
vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Every ticket is something different, here are just a few examples. Sorry for the bad photography, I just used my cell phone.

EDIT: Hopefully you can click those photos for a larger size, I'm not really sure why they came out so small. Sorry
thanks for posting those.


reason why i asked was last season i was actually in one of the pictures that was used on the tickets

li7039 is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
  #345
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Demand who? If i had a contact tht actually had some pull I would.
doesn't the NHL have them printed for each team ??

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 06:11 PM
  #346
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I wish they would fix the damn MSG seating chart... There are errors with how it's mapped out... Look at the attached chart... They have this gap between section 427 and 426.... I regularly sit in Section 427, there is no gap between 427 and 426, it's continuous seats... I'm not sure why the diagram doesn't reflect that....
yea that is a bad diagram.

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM
  #347
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
In reality, where i sit in 427, I'm not even behind the goal line like how they show in that diagram... I'm about where the face off circle is in the offensive zone... Still, there's no gap there between the two sections... Also, they show the 400's sections behind the net on one end of the arena and not the other?
The 400's don't exist one one side of the arena, there are 2 tiers of sky boxes instead.

I agree though, it is a very bad seating chart.

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
09-04-2010, 01:18 AM
  #348
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
So what's the deal?
Are the Rangers sold out of STH's this season?
Are we going to get box scores of 18200?

I don't get why the Knicks claim to have sold out but our website says they are still open.
I also don't get why last year all but one game a SO yet MSG kept advertising tickets all season long.

If the games aren't sold out, then why did it read 18200 and will it read 18200 this season again?

mucker* is offline  
Old
09-04-2010, 10:36 AM
  #349
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenIceAge View Post
So what's the deal?
Are the Rangers sold out of STH's this season?
Are we going to get box scores of 18200?

I don't get why the Knicks claim to have sold out but our website says they are still open.
I also don't get why last year all but one game a SO yet MSG kept advertising tickets all season long.

If the games aren't sold out, then why did it read 18200 and will it read 18200 this season again?
This is very simple. The Rangers, Knicks, MSG and Dolan are all EXTREMELY dishonest across the board. They don't care about you as a customer and never will until there is real outrage among the fan base. The Rangers will have tickets on ticketmaster five minutes before the puck drops, but still show a sellout. Call for an upgrade and you might get one, but you won't get the best available seats as they often hold those back. There is zero respect for their fan base, only for their executive clients. And they try to lie and con their executive clients all the time too. The organization has no integrity and that comes from the top. Jim Dolan is one of they scummiest human beings alive. He has no ethics, values or integrity. Anyone in the cable business can confirm that...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline  
Old
09-04-2010, 12:17 PM
  #350
skroob**
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
yea that is a bad diagram.

Not really. Its a *diagram*, not a true plan.

400s and 300s overlap, so its not possible to show all the sections in one drawing accurately. So the move the 400s back, but maintain their relationship to the sections below them. Thus creating blank spots between sections.

Its the same reason that a flat map of the earth either has to have sections missing in it, or land masses to the north and south are stretched to be out of scale.

Its diagrammatic.

skroob** is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.