HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Carey Price: The Canadiens goalie of the present Video

Old
09-04-2010, 03:33 PM
SpezNc

vCash: 500
Carey Price: The Canadiens goalie of the present Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk2U8F1B6NM&fmt=18

I have been working since two weeks on a Carey Price video. It's hard and it's took me some time because it's the first video that I have ever make. I have downloaded most of the sequences from Youtube NHL Network. It's took me a lot of hours into research the best moments of Carey Price during his career.

Most of the saves are from the last season because the quality was higher but I could not resist to put some older but great Carey Price moment.

The video shows the ascension to Carey Price into the NHL and after there is some of his best moments or save in a habs uniform. In the end, there is a quick wrap-up of his best saves.

While there is nothing new is this video (most of his hightlight are well-know), I have put a lot of effort in doing the best video as possible.

The video is kind of long (around 12 or 13 minutes)

I'm asking you the following question. What is your favorite moment of Carey Price. For me, I have a lot of good memories but his save against Matt Cullen was something. His emotion after making the save was very great.

While this video/thread IS NOT a HALAK/PRICE thread, you could clearly see in this video that Price hasn't received much support this year (offensively and defensively)

Also, while, I'm aware that is not because a player has good hightlight that is necessarely a good player, i'm believe that in the case of Carey Price it's revealing some of his talent and athletic move.

Some of his best saves were not some flukes. in most case he was able to "repeat" the move.

Feel free to comments. positive or negative. If I find some free time, I could make some change on the videos.

My next project will be to do a video about Cammalleri (my favorite forward habs players) OR about the 2010-2011 habs édition.

Be sure that the video is in 360 pixels because if not the quality is AWFUL because of the compression when you upload video to you tube.

Last edited by SpezNc: 09-04-2010 at 06:23 PM.
SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 03:42 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

My favourite Price Moment is also the Cullen save. The save, the way he swats the puck away and the fist pump. Just awesome:

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 03:44 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

HM: This:

So composed and calm

Old
09-04-2010, 03:48 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
HM: This:

So composed and calm
I would like to know how you do to be able to put a "youtube link" like that in your post? Because i would like to do the same for the link of my youtube video in my post

thank in advance

Old
09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
I would like to know how you do to be able to put a "youtube link" like that in your post? Because i would like to do the same for the link of my youtube video in my post

thank in advance
(YT)fk2U8F1B6NM(/YT)

But change the () to []

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
icerocket

A 12 minute highlight of Carey Price?

Wow you really pushed it there.

Sometimes less is more.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post

Sometimes less is more.
The vid was good, don't need to mock it.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

I really enjoyed the video buddy. The one thing I would've enjoyed more if it was made like a story, in order...like a timeline. From his junior days, to WJC, to AHL, to NHL as rookie battling with huet and all. For some reason, in a video like this, I enjoy the stuff people say about him, like timmins drafting him, dryden talking about him. Duthie, mcguire and mckenzie from TSN in the back. I like that stuff. If I were any good with this stuff and had time, I'd do it...however I'm not, and I know this takes time to make, so thanks for the video, it was awesome.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Shutdown

Notice Pierre saying Price has GOT to be able to compete for a job as a rookie. Fast forward a few months and he's saying he was rushed.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
MetroGnome

This was great. I have been a huge Carey Price fan for the longest time. He has become so underrated lately, but this video proves exactly what he is capable of. The commentary was a nice touch as well.

I have to say that my absolute favourite Price ‘moment’ was his sequence of amazing saves during the San Jose game.

MetroGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:06 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
(YT)fk2U8F1B6NM(/YT)

But change the () to []
Yup this, you just need to use the numbers/letters after the '=' and before the '&'

Old
09-04-2010, 04:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazz Wagon View Post
Notice Pierre saying Price has GOT to be able to compete for a job as a rookie. Fast forward a few months and he's saying he was rushed.
I remember the panel discussing it at the time, saying Price would beat out Huet in a fair fight(as we hear in the video).

I remember Bob Mckenzie putting up a blog saying the only person in the 2005 draft that can be used in the same breath as crosby is Carey Price.

I remember Don Cherry saying Price should've been nominated for rookie of the year.

In short...I remember a lot of what was said about him and in my honest opinion, it was all deserved, Carey Price was on fire and showed he was a good goalie. However, the hype machine was in full swing and people expect that if he gets .920 his first year, he should get .930 his second year and .940 his third year. Not to that extent obviously, but everyone turned on the guy because he didn't progress into superstar status. The media, journalists and experts all switched their opinions. Was he rushed? I don't think so, he was clearly ready, but it IS montreal and there are challenges that arise. Sophmore jynx(and he had an injury in his 2nd year) and he was beaten for a spot by an older goaltender in his 3rd year, **** happens.

I remember pacioretty in pre season and McGuire talking again(30 sec to the end):

That being said, it was pre-season, whereas price was in regular season and had played and dominated AHL already.

Old
09-04-2010, 04:13 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I really enjoyed the video buddy. The one thing I would've enjoyed more if it was made like a story, in order...like a timeline. From his junior days, to WJC, to AHL, to NHL as rookie battling with huet and all. For some reason, in a video like this, I enjoy the stuff people say about him, like timmins drafting him, dryden talking about him. Duthie, mcguire and mckenzie from TSN in the back. I like that stuff. If I were any good with this stuff and had time, I'd do it...however I'm not, and I know this takes time to make, so thanks for the video, it was awesome.
Me too I would have like to make it like a story/timeline... but it was harder than expected.

By example, when Mckenzie talk about Price's first game I wanted to see some images of his first game so I needed to put the sequence from his first NHL game before the hamilton stuff...

So I needed to make some decisions... I have decided to not follow a timeline because it will be easier to match the sounds / image

Thank you for the comments, well appreciated.

Old
09-04-2010, 04:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
Me too I would have like to make it like a story/timeline... but it was harder than expected.

When Mckenzie talk about Price's first game I wanted to see some images of his first game so I needed to put the sequence from his first NHL game before the hamilton stuff...

So I needed to make some decisions... I have decided to not follow a timeline because it will be easier to match the sounds / image

Thank you for the comments, well appreciated.
No problem. I don't blame you either. It's your first video! You did a great job.

Old
09-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Andy

Man that Cullen video reminded me that at one point in the year the only reason we were winning games was because of both Price and Halak before Halak stole the #` and ran with it. The team was awful with all those injuries and rookies in the lineup....we had Belle on defense FFS.

That period where Price played extremely well this year kind of got lost in that Halak vs Price bull.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:41 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

good video my favorite save is

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
At the 5:43 mark ;

Cole : "OH! WHAT. A. SAVE. BY. CA. REY. PRICE!"

That call always gives me goosebumps when I hear it.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:49 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Start by taking off that Jr stuff at the beginning, both goalies that game were scored on like they were beer league goalies or something, he just happened to make one save.

Sure, Canada won the game/medal because of it, but it was anything but great goaltending. So, do your fav. player a favor and remove that subpar performance from the vid.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:58 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

i'd take out all the music and ditch the corny transitions, besides that, decent video for your first shot man.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Wow, great video, SpezNc!

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Can't wait until Carey proves everyone wrong.

He'll one day be one of the best in the world. Book it.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post

Sometimes less is more.

yeah sometimes less is more...like...if you talked less

Good video

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Start by taking off that Jr stuff at the beginning, both goalies that game were scored on like they were beer league goalies or something, he just happened to make one save.

Sure, Canada won the game/medal because of it, but it was anything but great goaltending. So, do your fav. player a favor and remove that subpar performance from the vid.
He won goalie of WJC and got the MVP so...

Old
09-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
My favourite Price Moment is also the Cullen save. The save, the way he swats the puck away and the fist pump. Just awesome:

Brunet

Also nice vid man.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I forgot about the game against Nashville, inwhich Price played well and the team gave an half ass effort.

Great video to enjoy with my supper.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote