HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2010, 04:41 PM
wicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie View Post
As far as I know, I've never seen anything on record to the effect that DL had serious issues with Patty. He simply dealt him in order to acquire one of his man crushes in Williams. Correct me if I`m wrong but the trade seemed more a pull-factor trade (getting the guy they wanted) as opposed to a push-factor trade. (getting rid of O'Sullivan)

Inviting him to camp would be a no-lose situation. If he doesn't fit, let him go. If he meshes with the lineup and guys like Smyth take him under their wing, then you've got a top-6 talent for what would surely be a cheap deal. I know he has issues but there is no doubting his talent to be a top-6 forward. There is also no doubting this team is still lacking in the skill department. He also showed in his tenure as a King a willingness to get grittier and play in dirty areas as well as improve his two-way game. The guy is coachable.

It's just a thought but I can't see how you can lose by simply inviting him to camp and giving him one more opportunity with the organization.
All of your points are valid, it's just that I've got a feeling that DL is after a sure thing right now, so he might view Patty as too much of a project for a team that wants to make more noise this season.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
[QUOTE=hauspaint;27645134]no..no.. you can stop by and put some.. I need money to buy milk and diapers for my new born daughter.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be someone else the milk deliveress ??????

Old
09-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Pucknut50

I thought Sully did a good job on the Penalty kill (Even had some SH goals) Put him on the 4th line, Penalty Kill, 4 on 4, and Penalty Shots. Plus he has speed which Kings lack.
Also good backup for injuries to the top 9.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

where does Patty fit in though? The only fit for him is if we remove all muscle from the forward corps and have a Richie-Schenn-Patty 4th line with Parse on the 2nd

Old
09-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
As far as I know, I've never seen anything on record to the effect that DL had serious issues with Patty. He simply dealt him in order to acquire one of his man crushes in Williams. Correct me if I`m wrong but the trade seemed more a pull-factor trade (getting the guy they wanted) as opposed to a push-factor trade. (getting rid of O'Sullivan)

Inviting him to camp would be a no-lose situation. If he doesn't fit, let him go. If he meshes with the lineup and guys like Smyth take him under their wing, then you've got a top-6 talent for what would surely be a cheap deal. I know he has issues but there is no doubting his talent to be a top-6 forward. There is also no doubting this team is still lacking in the skill department. He also showed in his tenure as a King a willingness to get grittier and play in dirty areas as well as improve his two-way game. The guy is coachable.

It's just a thought but I can't see how you can lose by simply inviting him to camp and giving him one more opportunity with the organization.
Did Murray have an issue with O'Sullivan? I don't remember if he was in the doghouse like Frolov always seemed to be.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
where does Patty fit in though? The only fit for him is if we remove all muscle from the forward corps and have a Richie-Schenn-Patty 4th line with Parse on the 2nd
I would think that willie wants him for the 2nd line LW spot. I wouldn't have a problem with an invite to camp. If he shows that he can fill the top 2 LW spot, then sign him, if not, let him go.

With Murray, I'm sure he would end up on every line at some point.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Earlier this summer I would have said no. But why not? If he acts any certain way then the team can kick him out of camp. It also looks good to the PA that we gave him a chance to shine even if we didn't intend to keep him, how he does with the Kings could get him another job and players like that.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:23 PM
MollerManor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
All of your points are valid, it's just that I've got a feeling that DL is after a sure thing right now, so he might view Patty as too much of a project for a team that wants to make more noise this season.
I can't tell if you are joking or not.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Johnny Utah

O'Sullivan said on an interview once, Crawford was really hard on him and that is why he excelled.

Terry Murray has been known to be an easy coach...It's not a good fit. O'Sully needs that Keenan, Crawford type riding him.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Jetteroheller

Quote:

Agreed. This makes total sense.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

I had the feeling that our management had an issue with Patty O when the dealt him and would find it truly unlikely that we would do anything to bring him back. Especially after his un impressive season in Edmonton.

I can't see it happening.

I wonder if something is actually up with us though. I have heard totally un reliable rumors that we are up to something big and *if* the numbers/players work out right that we might be making another deal. Treat it is total B.S. like you would any other rumor especially so one by me but that is what I have heard. Am I late to the game though? I have been off the internet for a week so I might have missed an earlier post and if that is the case then sorry.

Old
09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I had the feeling that our management had an issue with Patty O when the dealt him and would find it truly unlikely that we would do anything to bring him back. Especially after his un impressive season in Edmonton.

I can't see it happening.

I wonder if something is actually up with us though. I have heard totally un reliable rumors that we are up to something big and *if* the numbers/players work out right that we might be making another deal. Treat it is total B.S. like you would any other rumor especially so one by me but that is what I have heard. Am I late to the game though? I have been off the internet for a week so I might have missed an earlier post and if that is the case then sorry.
NJ is going to trade Kovalchuk to the Kings to get below the cap.... Johnson is going the other way....

Old
09-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

Are they sending us that excellent quality winger Rolston and his reasonable cap hit with him?

Old
09-04-2010, 12:15 AM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Schenn and Clifford both make the team. Take it to the bank.
I'm excited for that...I can't wait for october..come on !

Old
09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Looks like Cheecho will attend the Dallas camp for a tryout. Good move for a bad team, but they could use some defense.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536884

Old
09-04-2010, 10:54 AM
santiclaws

Quote:

FWIW, CBGB said something along similar lines a couple of weeks back; I'm not sure if it was the subsequent "Johnson for Penner" rumor.

Old
09-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

This one is different from the Penner deal. I had heard that the Penner deal had stalled or was only in the discussion stages but CBGB knows more about that rumor then I do. Whatever he says is more likely correct.

I am sort of hoping we stand pat and just let us do what should have been done this past season and that is only add a player when it makes perfect sense.

Last edited by Tonellisghost: 09-04-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: as needed
Old
09-04-2010, 12:32 PM
KingPuckChoo

and goodbye MODIN!

signed with ATLANTA

Halpern is the only guy left

Old
09-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
and goodbye MODIN!

signed with ATLANTA

That's unfortunate, as Modin would have been a good mentor for Schenn & Clifford. Oh well.......

Old
09-04-2010, 02:13 PM
MollerManor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
and goodbye MODIN!

signed with ATLANTA

Where does Halpern go from here? Does he just go to tryouts if he doesn't sign somewhere? Or do we just hit the ignore button...

Old
09-04-2010, 02:19 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Halpern didn't appear to have much left, although he still could be recovering from the knee injury he sustained at the WC's, much like how Handzus sucked coming back from his knee injury.

Old
09-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
This one is different from the Penner deal. I had heard that the Penner deal had stalled or was only in the discussion stages but CBGB knows more about that rumor then I do. Whatever he says is more likely correct.

Mine really stem from a couple of agents that rep a few interesting players from a different canadian team being in the L.A. area who I know have met with the Kings. I don't know much more than that and have only heard rumored names of players who could be involved. Not really much of a rumor but thought I would see if anyone else had heard anything.

I am sort of hoping we stand pat and just let us do what should have been done this past season and that is only add a player when it makes perfect sense.
Do you have any names and where did you hear the rumor?

Old
09-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Wawota

Speaking of the Devils

Has anyone heard anything about a deal with NJ to get Bryce Salvador?

Such a deal would give us depth at the Blue Line and help Bernier/Quick be stellar.

Thoughts?

Old
09-04-2010, 05:40 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

With Mitchell here, Salvador is absolutely unnecessary.

Offer Zubrus or Elias and I will listen.

Old
09-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Would make our blueline depth ridiculous, but then you'd still have to wonder a little about the forwards...

Closed Thread