HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Alex Forsberg - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2013 undrafted)

Old
05-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Oshie

vCash: 500
C Alex Forsberg - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2013 undrafted)

So Alex Forsberg a kid out of Waldheim Saskatchewan. This kid is amazing and he recently just got drafted first overall in the WHL Draft this year. This kid is 14 and was playing in the Midget AAA league this year in saskatchewan and was 3rd in the league in scoring. This is just amazing Prince George the team that drafted him in the draft this year is trying to get the WHL to let this kid play in the dub next year. So what do you guys think about this kid? Do you think the WHL should let him play next year? And third what do you think the future is for this kid like NHL Draft etc..?

Oshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Felix Perreault

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorBoy View Post
So Alex Forsberg a kid out of Waldheim Saskatchewan. This kid is amazing and he recently just got drafted first overall in the WHL Draft this year. This kid is 14 and was playing in the Midget AAA league this year in saskatchewan and was 3rd in the league in scoring. This is just amazing Prince George the team that drafted him in the draft this year is trying to get the WHL to let this kid play in the dub next year. So what do you guys think about this kid? Do you think the WHL should let him play next year? And third what do you think the future is for this kid like NHL Draft etc..?
I said the same things few minutes ago in my thread '' Midget AAA - 14 years old '' ! loll ... He did 72 Points in 44 games !!!! Wow ! ... Do you know other players in Sasketchewan Midget AAA who are 14 years old ?

I think the WHL should let him play next season because he is ready! ... I think he will go first in the 2013 NHL draft !! ..

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:04 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Gonna be a star. The few times I've seen him was pretty damned impressive.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Oshie

Yeah I watch him all the time since he plays just down the street it is just incredible. One thing that has been a big speculation around Prince George was him being able to play with his brother there I think that would be awesome to watch. One more year in AAA midget and this kid is just going to light up that league. But I think that he should just jump into the WHL.

Old
05-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Oshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil11 View Post
I said the same things few minutes ago in my thread '' Midget AAA - 14 years old '' ! loll ... He did 72 Points in 44 games !!!! Wow ! ... Do you know other players in Sasketchewan Midget AAA who are 14 years old ?

I think the WHL should let him play next season because he is ready! ... I think he will go first in the 2013 NHL draft !! ..
I think that he has a chance to go first overall but he will have to develop very good and work on his fitness alot. But I think that his dad being his Power Skating trainer and off ice trainer that his dad will push him alot. I know a about 5 other kids that are 14 and played this year in the league. If you want to know who just let me know.

Old
05-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Felix Perreault

Quote:
I think that he has a chance to go first overall but he will have to develop very good and work on his fitness alot. But I think that his dad being his Power Skating trainer and off ice trainer that his dad will push him alot. I know a about 5 other kids that are 14 and played this year in the league. If you want to know who just let me know.
Yeah for sure i want to know !! ... I know a guy who is name is ... Craig ????ton .. something like that ... But who are the 5 others in the league ?

Old
05-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Oshie

Craig Leverton is the one that your thinking about. I will look up the others when I get home. Should be in an hour or so. Interested about Craig Leverton is him and Alex are best freinds even since they were kids they were always on the same line and same team until last year when Alex started playing with the Beardy's. But yeah Leverton got drafted to Lethbridge or something he is a huge power forward. I remember watching these 2 playing together 2 years ago everytime almost they were on the ice they were creating goals or chances it was just amazing.

Old
05-31-2010, 05:18 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
I hope he makes the jump. Both him and his brother have NHL talent written all over them. I expect his brother to climb into the top 10 in next year's NHL draft.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Felix Perreault

So, who's the others 14 years old player ?

Old
06-05-2010, 08:47 AM
WVP

This is like the EA NHL games where the names start repeating.......Mike Ovechkin, Ruslan Brodeur, Alex Forsberg.....

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 03:51 PM
WestCoastWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
This is like the EA NHL games where the names start repeating.......Mike Ovechkin, Ruslan Brodeur, Alex Forsberg.....
Or how about back a couple seasons when you'd have 5 Marcel Ciernik and Marcel Ballos playing in the NHL.. That was so annoying.

WestCoastWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLYWD10 View Post
Or how about back a couple seasons when you'd have 5 Marcel Ciernik and Marcel Ballos playing in the NHL.. That was so annoying.
And they're all from Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia and the UK... And they're all 6'5+

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 09:35 PM
prongertheman9

Quote:

What are the chances he is allowed to play in the WHL as a 15 year old and when is the decision supposed to be made? He doesn't really have too much more to prove in the Sask Midget League. He is only listed at 5'10 170 pounds but hopefully after a good summer workout program and a maybe a couple inches in height ( brother listed at 6'0) he will be ready for the Dub this September. He has to be considered one of the favorites for the '13 draft. I know it is early but it seems like this kid could end up being one of the best forwards to come out of the WHL in quite awhile.

Last edited by prongertheman9: 06-06-2010 at 12:40 PM.
prongertheman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Joe Hallenback

Quote:
Originally Posted by prongertheman9 View Post
What are the chances he is allowed to play in the WHL as a 15 year old and when is the decision supposed to be made? He doesn't really have too much more to prove in the Sask Midget League. He is only listed at 5'10 170 pounds but hopefully after a good summer workout program and a maybe a couple inches in height ( brother listed at 6'0) he will be ready for the Dub this September. He has to be considered one of the favorites for the '12 draft. I know it is early but it seems like this kid could end up being one of the best forwards to come out of the WHL in quite awhile.
0 Chance

He has a lot to prove like maybe winning

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 01:22 AM
prongertheman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
0 Chance

He has a lot to prove like maybe winning

Well then it should be very interesting to see how much he can improve upon his already impressive number in the Saskatchean League and if he can in fact lead his team to a championship.

prongertheman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
88Nords19

Any idea where is Forsberg playing this year, and where can we track his stats?

88Nords19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 07:35 PM
OracularSpectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Nords19 View Post
Any idea where is Forsberg playing this year, and where can we track his stats?
He is playing for the Prince George Cougars of the WHL. You can probably just go the WHL website and track his stats, or the Prince George Cougars website.

OracularSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
TheStranger

so i guess that means he was allowed in to the whl. Makes people who said he has 0 chance look pretty smart.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

I think he'll play a year in AAA Midget and get called up by the Cougars for like 5 games. I don't think there has been one player make the team and just got called up in the WHL for a few games. The OHL is different, they do the Midget draft when the players are put in the pros straight up unless they didn't make the team (all first rounders make it) no matter the age, such as John Tavares and Mike Richards. WHL drafts by the year they were born, not if they are 13 and played with 15 year olds. But i wish they did that in the Midget draft in the WHL.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
OracularSpectacular

Oh yea sorry I wasn't thinking yea he got drafted to Prince George, but he is not playing there yet as far as I know. Sorry for the massive confusion lol

OracularSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
I think he'll play a year in AAA Midget and get called up by the Cougars for like 5 games. I don't think there has been one player make the team and just got called up in the WHL for a few games. The OHL is different, they do the Midget draft when the players are put in the pros straight up unless they didn't make the team (all first rounders make it) no matter the age, such as John Tavares and Mike Richards. WHL drafts by the year they were born, not if they are 13 and played with 15 year olds. But i wish they did that in the Midget draft in the WHL.
He can only play for P.G after his season with the Beardy Blackhawks is done. As to 88Nords19 question his stats can be followed on the Saskatchewan AAA Midget site.

Last edited by Alberta tough: 09-05-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 10:09 PM
smokersarejokers

Could he play in the SJHL this season??

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
What is his style of play?

GetThePuckOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 12:46 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
Could he play in the SJHL this season??
I believe so, yes. Not sure about being eligible for the full season though. It would be a step up from Midget AAA though.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 03:53 AM
PablitoArg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
hahaha nice

PablitoArg is offline   Reply With Quote