HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
If I were to take that article as truth, then I don't know how we would pry him away. Two top line players and a draft pick? I mean, we only have like one legitimate top line player to begin with and I doubt they would take Smyth, Williams, and a 1st But, of course, even if they did, that would leave us with two awesome centers, and like one or two wingers in Brown and possibly Simmonds.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
09-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
I swear to ****ing god. Dancing boy is getting as bad as Eklund.

I'm going to get into the act. "The Kings are rumored to be talking to other teams about players."

Yea... I have a source. It's called reality.

But that being said and just because it's very late and I just got home from a very long flight.... Spezza? 2 players and a high pick? Real players? Stoll, pick, Williams, and someone else isn't going to do it.... Or is it in this era of a salary cap? Could make for a hell of a good PP.

Old
09-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Only way I see us getting Spezza, is if Stoll, Williams, +prospects and picks go way the other way, and I can't see Ottawa doing it. Spezza has a hefty cap hit. This isn't happening.

Old
09-05-2010, 10:59 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Stoll, Moller 1st for Spezza. Only and final offer.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Stoll, Moller 1st for Spezza. Only and final offer.
The problem is, Spezza is essentially an older version of what Kopitar is now. Would you trade Kopitar in a few years for that deal? Not saying that your offer is serious, but it is going to take a pretty penny to get what is likely a 90 point, 30 goal, 27 year old, first line center, even though we pretty much already have one, only much younger.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:24 PM
KingLB

If Spezza is the one coming back that makes Schenn expendable...

Most of the offers so far have been a joke, it starts with Schenn+1st, then how much needs to be added changes. For instance is a D prospect like Voinov then enough, do they want help now...like Stoll, and of course is HFboards favorite is an additional 2nd included.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
If Spezza is the one coming back that makes Schenn expendable...

Most of the offers so far have been a joke, it starts with Schenn+1st, then how much needs to be added changes. For instance is a D prospect like Voinov then enough, do they want help now...like Stoll, and of course is HFboards favorite is an additional 2nd included.
Schenn would likely be involved in the deal in the first place.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:31 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Fine, Schenn, Moller, 1st.

Or Schenn, Williams, 1st.

Ottawa should be all over Moller. Alfressdon as a mentor is Moller's best bet at reaching his full potential IMO.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:

Ottawa should be all over Moller. Alfressdon as a mentor is Moller's best bet at reaching his full potential IMO.
I agree w/ Moller but don't like that Shenn would be part of that package. Give em Hickey.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:

That would likely get their attention. I think they would accept the first deal.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:47 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
I agree w/ Moller but don't like that Shenn would be part of that package. Give em Hickey.
Ottawa is pretty good on D prospects atm, and if they were giving up Spezza they would need a major piece up front to replace him, and Moller/Loki aren't major enough.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:51 PM
yankeeking

How mad would leaf fans be if we traded schenn to ottawa, would be a added pleasure lol

Old
09-06-2010, 12:04 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I like Patrick O'Sullivan. He was not bad when he was with our squad.. He was actually a pretty decent player. Also feel like he'd be great for our bottom 6.

Old
09-06-2010, 01:14 AM
KingCanadain1976

Ok heres my guess at this. Stoll has to go back maybe even williams moller (has long been rumoured to be a ottawa favorite). Derek Fobort i think would help finish this deal It was rumoured thats why we moved up to pick him Ottawa wanted him. Id also want a prospect back from ottawa maybe Corey Cowick. I know all u think wait ur short a winger now for the top line. Signing Billy Guerin would fill out the right side well.

Old
09-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I like Patrick O'Sullivan. He was not bad when he was with our squad.. He was actually a pretty decent player. Also feel like he'd be great for our bottom 6.
Dood. . .usually I agree with you but your wrong. O'Sully had 1 good season and after his whole contract thing, he was TERRIBLE. the biggest puck hog and lack of effort. Anyone could tell you that . . .

Old
09-06-2010, 01:29 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Dood. . .usually I agree with you but your wrong. O'Sully had 1 good season and after his whole contract thing, he was TERRIBLE. the biggest puck hog and lack of effort. Anyone could tell you that . . .
And he hits the net as much as Stoll

Old
09-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Ok heres my guess at this. Stoll has to go back maybe even williams moller (has long been rumoured to be a ottawa favorite). Derek Fobort i think would help finish this deal It was rumoured thats why we moved up to pick him Ottawa wanted him. Id also want a prospect back from ottawa maybe Corey Cowick. I know all u think wait ur short a winger now for the top line. Signing Billy Guerin would fill out the right side well.
I'd do Williams + Stoll + Forbort for Spezza. Though we'd end up with a Penguins situation with Kopitar, Spezza, and Schenn down the middle. I would turn around and deal Schenn++ for a first line winger/sniper.

Last edited by Telos: 09-06-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old
09-06-2010, 01:50 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'd do Williams + Stoll + Forbort for Spezza. Though we'd end up with a Penguins situation with Kopitar, Spezza, and Schenn down the middle. I would turn around and deal Schenn++ for a first line winger/sniper.
If Spezza comes. I would have Schenn play winger. Playing with Kopitar or Spezza would be great for the kid. But I am almost 100 percent sure that Schenn would need to be going the other way.

Its like Add Spezza keep Brown and Simmonds. Hope that Clifford can peak at around where Simmonds is now.

The thing that scares me the most is Schenn is just so unknown. He could either be the next Mike Richards or Ryan Getzlaf or he could be the next Ollie Joke and be a career under achiever.

So is the "possible" next Richards or Getzlaf worth more or less then a proven NHL player like Spezza.

If Schenn was a bit more proven, I might not have any problem moving Brown for Spezza lol.

Old
09-06-2010, 01:52 AM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If I were to take that article as truth, then I don't know how we would pry him away. Two top line players and a draft pick? I mean, we only have like one legitimate top line player to begin with and I doubt they would take Smyth, Williams, and a 1st But, of course, even if they did, that would leave us with two awesome centers, and like one or two wingers in Brown and possibly Simmonds.
why, that sounds like the Pittsburgh Penguins

i take it!

Old
09-06-2010, 01:56 AM
riseandfall9

If the Hockey Gods have any Mercy for us after the whole Kovy thing LOL DL would some how be able to get Spezza without giving up Kopitar, Doughty, Schenn, Simmonds, Johson and Brown.

I guess I could include Simmonds..I know he is a Fan favorite and stuff but Spezza is the heat.

Smyth - Kopitar - ?
Brown - Spezza - ?

Doughty - Johnson - Scuds - Greener - Mitchell

Part of me rather give up Simmonds then Schenn. But Simmonds might not be enough to get it done.

Old
09-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
If the Hockey Gods have any Mercy for us after the whole Kovy thing LOL DL would some how be able to get Spezza without giving up Kopitar, Doughty, Schenn, Simmonds, Johson and Brown.

I guess I could include Simmonds..I know he is a Fan favorite and stuff but Spezza is the heat.

Smyth - Kopitar - ?
Brown - Spezza - ?

Doughty - Johnson - Scuds - Greener - Mitchell

Part of me rather give up Simmonds then Schenn. But Simmonds might not be enough to get it done.
Giving up Simmonds hurts a lot less with Clifford in the pipeline.

Old
09-06-2010, 02:00 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Well.. He was on pace two have back to back 50+ point seasons before we traded him and would've been fourth on the team in scoring in those seasons.. Behind only Kopi, Frolov, and Brown..

Old
09-06-2010, 02:17 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Continue here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...2#post27673392

Closed Thread