HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2010, 08:09 PM
bcking

vCash: 500
Michalek is coming off another knee injury...............pass

Old
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
CBGB from LGK:

I guess your stuck with him Lou
Terrible deal for Rolston. I don't like all the talk about Fischer, mainly because I don't think he is a large enough upgrade. If we are talking to the Sens, we should be targeting Kovalev or Michalek. There aren't a lot of options I would be considering from Atlanta now that Kovalchuk is gone. We know they wanted Simmonds, but unless they have lost their minds and are offering Kane in some big package deal, I don't see a significant upgrade over Stoll or a winger that I would consider putting Simmonds on the block for.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Terrible deal for Rolston. I don't like all the talk about Fischer, mainly because I don't think he is a large enough upgrade. If we are talking to the Sens, we should be targeting Kovalev or Michalek. There aren't a lot of options I would be considering from Atlanta now that Kovalchuk is gone. We know they wanted Simmonds, but unless they have lost their minds and are offering Kane in some big package deal, I don't see a significant upgrade over Stoll or a winger that I would consider putting Simmonds on the block for.
Kovalev? You're talking about Kovalev?! Kovalev? You kidding me? Kovalev?

Old
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Kovalev? You're talking about Kovalev?! Kovalev? You kidding me? Kovalev?
Sure. Why? Who is your savior that is going to put in the goals with Kopitar? Don't say Williams

Though, Sens fans seem to be too joyous with my Moller + a pick offer on the trade and rumors board, maybe I overshot lol.

Either way, he would give us a legitimate top line winger option for a season with little to lose.

Old
09-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
CBGB from LGK:

I guess your stuck with him Lou
I sure hope no one bales him out by trading for Rolston. Make the owner pay good money to bury a couple of players in the AHL. Zajac or Elias are the only ones with value worth trading for.

Old
09-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Orenji

oh no barry says we're gonna miss the playoffs

someone call lombardi. we need help. lots of help. now.

Old
09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sure. Why? Who is your savior that is going to put in the goals with Kopitar? Don't say Williams

Though, Sens fans seem to be too joyous with my Moller + a pick offer on the trade and rumors board, maybe I overshot lol.

Either way, he would give us a legitimate top line winger option for a season with little to lose.
Kovalev is going to play on Ottawa's 4th line. That should tell you plenty.

Old
09-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Meh. He has good hands and can still put up 20+ goals and 50+ points. His totals were near identical to Frolov's. If we can get him dirt cheap, he could be a real benefit to us, especially in the playoffs. He has 44 goals and 98 points in 116 career playoff games. He was near PPG last year and the year before in the postseason and missed this year due to injury.

Old
09-06-2010, 08:41 PM
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct

No matter what he says, I just don't see Simmonds being moved at all.

Old
09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Thanks for doing the leg work on this one...I wasn't in the mood to explain how horrible even the thought of AK was.

Old
09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Wow at Voynov and a pick for Rolston, Lou should be looking to just get a pick for him, any pick

Old
09-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Calorissi

There is no way that Kovalev plays on Ottawa's 4th line this year.
He is slotted in as the 2nd line RW and will be on the 1st PP unit again this year.

Old
09-06-2010, 09:42 PM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Wow at Voynov and a pick for Rolston, Lou should be looking to just get a pick for him, any pick
lou can keep him...nj would need to throw more in for the kings to even consider taking on 5mil for 2yrs.

Old
09-06-2010, 09:54 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Kovalev -- Dont want.

Excepting Evander Kane, nothing on Atlanta I really want either. Afinogenov could rebound into the player he once was, but he plays the right side and its just as likely that he becomes just another enigmatic russian so if we were going in that direction we could have kept Frolov.

As for LL's offered deal of Rolston for Voynov +, that's adding insult to injury. thanks but no thanks. Do people in the league think DL is that dumb (just asking)

Old
09-06-2010, 10:03 PM
TopT

What about Bergfors ? He played on Kopitars wing in Sweden.

Old
09-06-2010, 10:15 PM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7tom1ja View Post
What about Bergfors ? He played on Kopitars wing in Sweden.
fat chance of that happening!

Old
09-06-2010, 10:35 PM
piston

Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
Carrie Underwood does not want to live in Ottawa.
Thank You. This was obvious from when I heard about the wedding. Fisher (highly) likely asked for a trade to Nashville (internal budget) or Los Angeles/Orange County where his wife is half the time. This is the rumor I think has by far the most legs.

Old
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Quattro

lol @ believing CBGB

Old
09-06-2010, 10:47 PM
popojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
Thank You. This was obvious from when I heard about the wedding. Fisher (highly) likely asked for a trade to Nashville (internal budget) or Los Angeles/Orange County where his wife is half the time. This is the rumor I think has by far the most legs.
Fact: Mike Fisher is currently building a house in Ottawa. Not sure if that changes your mind or not.

The other thing is I can't see Ottawa making any trades right now unless the offer blows them away (ie total fleecing of the other team). The team is built for the year, comfortably under the cap with all positions filled and lots of prospects to make for a competitive camp.

Bryan Murray won't hesitate to fleece a team in a weakened state that wants to make a bad trade (ie Mezsaros for Kuba, Picard, and a pick).

Stranger things have happened though...and where there's smoke there is usually fire...lots of sens/kings rumours on the net right now

Old
09-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Johnny Utah

Lets put a lot of these bad rumors to rest with facts. The Kings are only about 5 million under the cap right now. Yes, Handzus and Williams will be UFA's...so that's another 8.5 + 5 considering the Kings don't add anyone soon or Schenn makes the Kings. That is 13 million and the Kings still have to give Doughty another 3 million more, JJ another 3-4 million more and Simmonds another 2-3 million more. When you add all that up and subtract it from that 13 there is only about 4 million left so the Kings would have to move more salary out for these high priced guys people keep mentioning. Matt Barry touched on this too.

Edit, forgot to mention Poni and his 3.2, but Schenn will probably off set that next year.

Old
09-06-2010, 11:35 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by popojoe View Post
Fact: Mike Fisher is currently building a house in Ottawa. Not sure if that changes your mind or not.

The other thing is I can't see Ottawa making any trades right now unless the offer blows them away (ie total fleecing of the other team). The team is built for the year, comfortably under the cap with all positions filled and lots of prospects to make for a competitive camp.

Bryan Murray won't hesitate to fleece a team in a weakened state that wants to make a bad trade (ie Mezsaros for Kuba, Picard, and a pick).

Stranger things have happened though...and where there's smoke there is usually fire...lots of sens/kings rumours on the net right now
Your choice, Ottawa or LA, and you, just like Fisher are currently building a house in Ottawa. Houses can be built and then easily sold. Wives, at least of the likes of Carrie Underwood, aren't so easy to replace.

Old
09-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Not for nuttin but just thought I would point out that Carrie does allot of recording right there in Hollywood (and in Venice, Calabasas and even in Santa Monica). She stays there allot and considers L.A. a sort of adopted second home in my opinion.

Not that what I am saying really has anything to do with hockey but thought I would add that bit of info.

Old
09-06-2010, 11:54 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Not for nuttin but just thought I would point out that Carrie does allot of recording right there in Hollywood (and in Venice, Calabasas and even in Santa Monica). She stays there allot and considers L.A. a sort of adopted second home in my opinion.

Not that what I am saying really has anything to do with hockey but thought I would add that bit of info.
Fisher's a little bigger than I am, but Carrie always has a place to stay here at my home too!

Old
09-07-2010, 12:01 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Lets put a lot of these bad rumors to rest with facts. The Kings are only about 5 million under the cap right now. Yes, Handzus and Williams will be UFA's...so that's another 8.5 + 5 considering the Kings don't add anyone soon or Schenn makes the Kings. That is 13 million and the Kings still have to give Doughty another 3 million more, JJ another 3-4 million more and Simmonds another 2-3 million more. When you add all that up and subtract it from that 13 there is only about 4 million left so the Kings would have to move more salary out for these high priced guys people keep mentioning. Matt Barry touched on this too.

Edit, forgot to mention Poni and his 3.2, but Schenn will probably off set that next year.
What with his 875k base salary?

Old
09-07-2010, 12:06 AM
funky

if thats the best Lou could do, D.L better block his number.

Atlanta has one nice role player I would like (Eager). Can fight, score and hit and plays the left side. Wouldn't give Simmer up for him though.

I like Spezza, a 1-2 Kopitar/Spezza punch would be killer. I don't think Ottawa is interested in a Stoll and prospect package back.

Closed Thread