AAHL Loggers - nickname announced

http://www.aahlhockey.com/home/2010/...-nickname.html

Lapeer, MI team

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 12:59 PM
royals119

vCash: 500
Wow. I love the fact that they mis-spelled the website (Lapperaahl instead of Lapeeraahl.com), and that they are going to "Dawn the slogan: General return to the glory days". I assume they actually meant "Don the slogan", although you would normally "don a jersey" as in 'put in on' or 'wear it'. You don't really don a slogan, but you certainly don't "dawn a slogan". The slogan itself is pretty bad too. 'A general return to the glory days'? How about specifically returning to the glory days? I realize they were trying to work in the Generals name, but next time try a little harder. I suppose if they have a so-so year they can still claim they had a "general return to the glory days".

I realize it is single A hockey, and salaries for staff are minimal or non-existent, but at least get someone who can spell, use grammar, and come up with a real slogan.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals119 View Post
Wow. I love the fact that they mis-spelled the website (Lapperaahl instead of Lapeeraahl.com), and that they are going to "Dawn the slogan: General return to the glory days". I assume they actually meant "Don the slogan", although you would normally "don a jersey" as in 'put in on' or 'wear it'. You don't really don a slogan, but you certainly don't "dawn a slogan". The slogan itself is pretty bad too. 'A general return to the glory days'? How about specifically returning to the glory days? I realize they were trying to work in the Generals name, but next time try a little harder. I suppose if they have a so-so year they can still claim they had a "general return to the glory days".

I realize it is single A hockey, and salaries for staff are minimal or non-existent, but at least get someone who can spell, use grammar, and come up with a real slogan.
Give them some credit, they're putting a pro hockey franchise together about a month before the season starts! Too many things to do before then, some things like spell check just have to be overlooked!

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 06:33 PM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
Give them some credit, they're putting a pro hockey franchise together about a month before the season starts! Too many things to do before then, some things like spell check just have to be overlooked!
Give them credit? Are you serious? Too many times we've seen these fly-by-night teams, and it always ends the same way. Maybe I'd give your posts some credit if you'd actually look at the history of these organizations!

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Eddie, did you miss the sarcasm smilie?

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 10:12 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panda Bolt View Post
Eddie, did you miss the sarcasm smilie?
hahaha and that was an extra in case someone didnt get it reading the tone of the text!

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote