HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2010, 12:29 AM
riznat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Really? I posted tonight that there's "more bad news" coming tomorrow - lets see what tomorrow brings, shall we?
and lets say there is bad news tomorrow, i don't understand what having "inside knowledge" really gets you. So you get the same news we all do except few hours/days in advance? I don't really get why you constantly come here and try to get props for having been told something by someone before us, you arent shaping the news itself, you just have knowledge of it beforehand.... You seem mighty proud of yourself for something so trivial.

Old
09-08-2010, 12:43 AM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
and lets say there is bad news tomorrow, i don't understand what having "inside knowledge" really gets you. So you get the same news we all do except few hours/days in advance? I don't really get why you constantly come here and try to get props for having been told something by someone before us, you arent shaping the news itself, you just have knowledge of it beforehand.... You seem mighty proud of yourself for something so trivial.
Then why reply? Why not just wait for the news when someone like Hammond reports about it instead of responding in this thread? If you don't want to be told something in advance, then why reply? Just wait. But you take the time to reply to this, which tells me you DO like to find things out beforehand, otherwise you wouldn't be taking the time to reply. You just want attention for YOURSELF.

See what I did there?

Old
09-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Omni Owl

Hmmm lemme guess, a young prospect we all prize is getting traded for veteran presence/scoring/character?

Old
09-08-2010, 01:03 AM
riznat

Quote:
Then why reply? Why not just wait for the news when someone like Hammond reports about it instead of responding in this thread? If you don't want to be told something in advance, then why reply? Just wait. But you take the time to reply to this, which tells me you DO like to find things out beforehand, otherwise you wouldn't be taking the time to reply. You just want attention for YOURSELF.

See what I did there?
I didn't ask you what the news was, therefore I will just wait until tomorrow or whenever the news comes out. As for me just wanting attention, so you admit you only do this for attention?

You just glazed over my entire post, you act like you are a notch above the rest of us just because you happen to know someone that we don't know, is that a talent? a skill? Im all for you passing on knowledge if/when you have it. I just don't understand why you have this arrogance about you as if YOU personally are the one making decisions and creating this news.

EDIT: I welcome any Kings news, even Kings rumors but why do you have an attitude about it?

Old
09-08-2010, 01:32 AM
nikolai19

My guess is Smyth's ankle is not healed and he won't be back until November. The other one would be that Stoll is not ready again because of the arthritis issue.

Otherwise one of the young guys is going to miss camp due to injury.

I don't think "bad news" qualifies as a trade. Gotta be an injury.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Really? I posted tonight that there's "more bad news" coming tomorrow - lets see what tomorrow brings, shall we?
please.... please... please..... show mercy..............

just come in tomorrow and tell us we got a 1st line left wing out of nowhere......

If bad news coming in i will blame you

Old
09-08-2010, 01:56 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
My guess is Smyth's ankle is not healed and he won't be back until November. The other one would be that Stoll is not ready again because of the arthritis issue.

Otherwise one of the young guys is going to miss camp due to injury.

I don't think "bad news" qualifies as a trade. Gotta be an injury.
http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Smyth
There are no side effects or pain for the long term. It healed up great and if we were playing today, I would be playing.
That quote was from June. Its September now. Its safe to say unless he re-injured himself he's fine by now.

Old
09-08-2010, 02:24 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
PLEASE don't tell me that Randy Jones came back to us in a trade...

Old
09-08-2010, 02:39 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB
Really? I posted tonight that there's "more bad news" coming tomorrow - lets see what tomorrow brings, shall we?.
Shameless self-promotion based on a less than average track record is no longer enough, So you are going to start dancing during breaks in play again?

Old
09-08-2010, 09:19 AM
piston

Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
Jeez, last time I checked, the purpose of the Internet was 1) to gain information and 2) entertainment. Those of us on these boards crave either one or the other, sometimes both. CBGB provides some of the former and plenty of the latter. What could possibly be wrong with that? The incessant 'gotcha' when some speculation does not come to fruition is childish. If someone wants pure information, don't read these threads. Hammond is your guy. If you want to be entertained, then welcome aboard and join the debate, just recognize that everything you read may or may not be true. But, it is fun sharing opinions and speculating.

Old
09-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
..... t don't understand why you have this arrogance about you as if YOU personally are the one making decisions and creating this news.

EDIT: I welcome any Kings news, even Kings rumors but why do you have an attitude about it?
Lighten up, please.

In CBGB's posts, I do not sense any arrogance or attitude.

Like other have said, if you don't like his "news" or "predictions," just move on.

Old
09-08-2010, 09:54 AM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Shameless self-promotion based on a less than average track record is no longer enough, So you are going to start dancing during breaks in play again?
LESS than average? What exactly IS the average? According to the site that knocks who I work or, that percentage is less than 3%. My "average" is WAY above that as far as my "track record" is concerned. And what exactly DOES constitute a "track record"? On the injury front, I'm about 100%, on the trade front... well, there haven't been many Kings trades since I started blogging have there? The O'Sullivan trade (missed that)... and... what else? As for players re-signing, yeah, got those. Free agents? Sure, I posted players the Kings were CONSIDERING, and I certainly got the Willie Mitchell one right. Well, right there, its a lot better than 3%.

As for Dancing, if Robitaille asks me again (like he did for the playoffs), then I will oblige, but right now, no, I have no intentions. Why do you ask? Do you miss me? You must, otherwise you wouldn't have asked.

Your shameless Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
Jeez, last time I checked, the purpose of the Internet was 1) to gain information and 2) entertainment. Those of us on these boards crave either one or the other, sometimes both. CBGB provides some of the former and plenty of the latter. What could possibly be wrong with that? The incessant 'gotcha' when some speculation does not come to fruition is childish. If someone wants pure information, don't read these threads. Hammond is your guy. If you want to be entertained, then welcome aboard and join the debate, just recognize that everything you read may or may not be true. But, it is fun sharing opinions and speculating.
DING!

Thanks Piston!

Keep in mind, if I didn't post, you would have a lot less to talk about here, on LGK and on HB.

I loves the intra-netz

Old
09-08-2010, 09:57 AM
johnjm22

I can't believe this has become such a big deal around here. I couldn't care less what CBGB posts. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Old
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Atraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
I'm scared...either injury....or bob millers retiring...just a guess.
I'd rather have an injury than Bob Miller retiring.

-A

Old
09-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
LESS than average? What exactly IS the average? According to the site that knocks who I work or, that percentage is less than 3%. My "average" is WAY above that as far as my "track record" is concerned. And what exactly DOES constitute a "track record"? On the injury front, I'm about 100%,
Didn't you claim that Voynov isn't/wasn't hurt?

Old
09-08-2010, 10:55 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
LESS than average? What exactly IS the average? According to the site that knocks who I work or, that percentage is less than 3%. My "average" is WAY above that as far as my "track record" is concerned. And what exactly DOES constitute a "track record"? On the injury front, I'm about 100%, on the trade front... well, there haven't been many Kings trades since I started blogging have there? The O'Sullivan trade (missed that)... and... what else? As for players re-signing, yeah, got those. Free agents? Sure, I posted players the Kings were CONSIDERING, and I certainly got the Willie Mitchell one right. Well, right there, its a lot better than 3%.

As for Dancing, if Robitaille asks me again (like he did for the playoffs), then I will oblige, but right now, no, I have no intentions. Why do you ask? Do you miss me? You must, otherwise you wouldn't have asked.

Your shameless Donald Trump

DING!

Thanks Piston!

Keep in mind, if I didn't post, you would have a lot less to talk about here, on LGK and on HB.

I loves the intra-netz
Oh Lord, does someone need attention. Hey, I sat next to Dave Taylor twice at back to back FF games as a Kings off ice official, called the goals and assists down to the box. Can I post rumors now...please..(if Robitaille asks me)

Old
09-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Oh Lord, does someone need attention. Hey, I sat next to Dave Taylor twice at back to back FF games as a Kings off ice official, called the goals and assists down to the box. Can I post rumors now...please..(if Robitaille asks me)
why don't you just put CBGB on ignore?

Old
09-08-2010, 11:06 AM
ShattStar03

Ok it's "today" what is the "bad news"?

Old
09-08-2010, 11:14 AM
santiclaws

I don't understand why people are so gung-ho to "get" CBGB. "You were wrong, I got you, ha-ha!!" Congratulations, Captain Courageous. You've made the interwebz safe for democracy.

Hockey is part of the entertainment business and CBGB is in the entertainment business. It is a natural marriage. What's the problem? Neither hockey nor CBGB's posts will not have a major impact on your life. Relax. Don't like what CBGB posts? I have a simple solution. DON'T READ HIS POSTS. Or put him on "ignore." Or read his posts and do not respond to them. Whatever.

Same with Eklund's site. What is wrong with it? It is entertainment. It is the hockey version of TMZ. Again, the solution is simple. Don't buy his stories? Don't read his website! But no, every time there's a mention of him, we get this:

OH!!! MY!!! GOD!!!! Every time Eklund posts a rumor, a puppy dies!! We were about to cure cancer, and he distracted us with his "Ponikarovsky to Toronto E(3)" rumor!!!! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

People need to get a grip, and I'm not talking about CBGB.

Old
09-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kopitar or Doughty are hurt and are going to miss camp...

Old
09-08-2010, 11:24 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I think what annoys me (and not just CBGB) is that people come here saying they have rumors/information but yet don't tell us or give us a hint. Why bother coming here and not give us the information? Just telling us that you have information is pointless. I think that's why this has rubbed people the wrong way. There was no point in coming here last night saying there was "bad news", other than to point out he has inside information and so he can say "see, I'm right." It's like letting a dog smell your whole plate of food inches from his nose and then keeping it just out of his reach. By doing this, he brings it all on himself, as does Eklund when he posts something like it.

Today is the day of the bad news, so what is it? Dare to enlighten us?

Old
09-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
I don't understand why people are so gung-ho to "get" CBGB. "You were wrong, I got you, ha-ha!!" Congratulations, Captain Courageous. You've made the interwebz safe for democracy.

It isn't the rumors that are a issue. It's that the Dancing Boy act gets old. He gets a tinny bit of information then spends weeks jumping up and down lording it on everyone else and acting like a self centered ******. If you want to be a rumor monger just say what you got the "I know something you don't know" dance is just to much of a pathetic cry for attention.

Honestly man. Just go and buy a convertible BMW, a fedora, and a blond. Do you have so little in your life that you need to pretend to be "connected" on the internet?

Quote:
Same with Eklund's site. What is wrong with it? It is entertainment. It is the hockey version of TMZ. Again, the solution is simple. Don't buy his stories? Don't read his website! But no, every time there's a mention of him, we get this:

TMZ is mostly correct. Eklund is just a blatant fraud.

Old
09-08-2010, 11:46 AM
MollerManor

Quote:

Same with Eklund's site. What is wrong with it? It is entertainment. It is the hockey version of The National Enquirer/The Onion.
Fixed that for you.

Old
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
It isn't the rumors that are a issue. It's that the Dancing Boy act gets old. He gets a tinny bit of information then spends weeks jumping up and down lording it on everyone else and acting like a self centered ******. If you want to be a rumor monger just say what you got the "I know something you don't know" dance is just to much of a pathetic cry for attention.

Honestly man. Just go and buy a convertible BMW, a fedora, and a blond. Do you have so little in your life that you need to pretend to be "connected" on the internet?

TMZ is mostly correct. Eklund is just a blatant fraud.
You never answered my question - so what's it to you? Why do you care? Why does your "ignore" button not work?

Old
09-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
Fixed that for you.
Hey now.. don't you speak about The Onion that way. That IS America's Finest News Source.

Closed Thread