HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

European Prospects Update

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2005, 04:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Got to see Joni Puurula play for first time, was surprised at how well he played. I suspect he will stay in Russia next year and I've heard really heard any rumors of him coming over or the Habs being interested in bringing him over, especially with Halak and Heino-Lindberg likely going to be signed with a year or two. But he did look good although it was only one game.

The game was from feb 28th, and it was against Perezhogin's team. Alex was on a line with Jagr and he looked solid again. Made a great move that cause him to be pulled down which forced a penalty. I haven't watched all the game but so far he looks good again.

Old
04-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Kaizer

Glen Hanlon - Belarus National Team head coach announced roster for WC. Grabovsky and Kostitsyn are in. Other notables: Koltsov, Salei and Tsyplakov.
http://metallurg.ru/news/16475/

Old
04-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Blackshad

Ho i little new on the side ... i know this as no link with european prospects but i went to 2 games in Shawinigan vs Lewiston and there was some CH scouts. Watching Halak? Bourret?

Old
04-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer
Glen Hanlon - Belarus National Team head coach announced roster for WC. Grabovsky and Kostitsyn are in. Other notables: Koltsov, Salei and Tsyplakov.
That's pretty good.

Old
04-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Chet-Nick

Scoring leaders for the Russian League playoffs. You'll notice two Canadiens draft picks. That being Alexander Buturlin (Lada) and, of course, Perezhogin amongst the leaders.

http://www.rushockey.com/playerstats.php

Old
04-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer

Good news, this probably deserves it's own thread. This tournament will be a very good learning experience for both AK and Grabs.

I hope RDS/TSN shows a couple of their games.

Old
04-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Chet-Nick

Kostitsyn's participation at the World Championships in Austria will depend on whether the Hamilton Bulldogs are in the playoffs or not. Either way, he'll be given an additional opportunity to develop.

Lately, I've noticed Kostitsyn has been holding on to the puck a little too long. He hasn't found the back of the net in recent weeks. A little frustration. To think, he was eligible to play junior (OHL, QMJHL, WHL) in Canada this season. That makes his total of 12 goals (in the AHL) rather impressive.

Old
04-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick
Kostitsyn's participation at the World Championships in Austria will depend on whether the Hamilton Bulldogs are in the playoffs or not. Either way, he'll be given an additional opportunity to develop.

Lately, I've noticed Kostitsyn has been holding on to the puck a little too long. He hasn't found the back of the net in recent weeks. A little frustration. To think, he was eligible to play junior (OHL, QMJHL, WHL) in Canada this season. That makes his total of 12 goals (in the AHL) rather impressive.
I also noticed that the opposite team gae him very little room, very often there where two guys tied on him (a sign of respect may be). Nevertheless I have been impressed with his strength.. he seems very strong for a guy his size.

Old
04-02-2005, 11:09 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Completly off topic :

Andrei Kostitsyn's goal vs USA at the WJC'S

Old
04-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Nice, I remerbered this game, Kostitsyn was dominant!

Old
04-04-2005, 08:36 AM
red devil

In the RSL they play 2 games to determine 3rd place. Today Omsk lost 6-3, but Perezhogin scored a goal.

Old
04-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Kaizer

Video of goal.
http://rapidshare.de/files/1127362/AO_LY_2-0.zip.html

Old
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Perezhogin and Markov named to the pre WC team. Roster is not yet set but they are apart of players that could make the team.

http://www.metallurg.ru/news/16494/

Old
04-07-2005, 05:19 AM
Jamina

Ilkka Mikkola made 2+1 in the third semifinal against Lukko on tuesday.
Ilu's first goal was a lucky one or maybe Dwayne Roloson gave a little help with it

Goalvideos

Old
04-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Fozz

Dynamo win the 2nd game of the final 2-0 vs. Lada. Emelin played his first playoff game for Lada... Good to see him get some playoff experience.

Old
04-07-2005, 06:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Perezhogin held pointless in the final game of the season, in the bronze round. For the playoffs his numbers, 10-3-2-5-8.

Good for Emelin that he gets some action, I'm surprised he played since he has sat out the entire playoffs.

Also Markov's team looks to take a 3-0 lead tomorrow.

Old
04-08-2005, 01:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Looks like Markov's team will win it, as they go up 3-0.

Yemelin did play again today, got 2 pims early in the 1st. Markov had 16 pims, 3 minors and a 10 misconduct.

Old
04-11-2005, 10:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Finally saw the 2nd Grabovsky game. It was game 2 of the playoffs against Markov's team Dynamo. Much better game for Grabs, but scoring two goals will do that. Biggest surprise was seeing him on the PK, although he didn't seem to see much action on the PK. I would think it's his speed not his defensive play that got him on the PK. His speed is clearly one of his main assets, he's fast that's for sure, got to be one of our quickest prospects as he can reach top speed in a few strides it seems. His skating is also very good. He had some nice passes, but his goals showed off some good hands.

First let me say that Dynamo crushed Neftekhimik, it was a lopsided affair. After being down 3-0, on the breakout, Neftek goes up ice then makes a cross ice pass, this player throws it over to Grabovsky but it deflects off the Dynamo defensemen, but still reachs Grabs, and he's in all alone but couldn't really move into the center of the ice, but he didn't need to. He fired a wicked wrist shot top shelf, short side, goalie had no chance it was a great shot. 3-1 game in the 2nd.

Later in the game, now 4-1, Grabovsky takes the puck up ice, enters the zone, passes it, then his teammated passed it, who then drop passed it but lost it, only to get the puck back behind the net. The Neftek player goes from behind the net to skate towards the front of the net, throws the puck into the slot, Grabovsky is left open, moves in and one times with another great shot. It looked like it when over the shoulder on the short side again, as he beat the goalie twice on the stick side.

Other then that he did get a high sticking penaly as he clipped Sens prospect Mironov. It will be interesting to see what the Habs do with him, he's clearly got skills but is very small and seemed to get knocked off the puck easily.

Markov had a good game, was cool to see him play again. Ovechkin wasn't that great but he did score a tap in goal.

Also watched another Perezhogin game. This one was from towards the end of the season. Alex played on a line with Jagr, played well, got a goal at the end of the game, got a pass from behind the net, was left open, made a move goalie went down, Alex moved to his right, just fired it past the on coming defensmen into an open net. Omsk beats AK Bars in what was a boring game for the most part. Perezhogin also had 4 pims in the game. He hooked Kovalchuk in what looked like he barely touched him, yet Kovalchuk hit the deck like a ton of bricks. Then later in the game, maybe it was Salei who throws an elbow to his jaw yet the refs didn't call it.

I still got 2 more to watch, one vs Korpikari and his team Karpat. I don't expect to see any more RSL games this year.

Old
04-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Finally saw the 2nd Grabovsky game
Keep up the good work like our prospects man.

Thanks

Last edited by montreal: 04-13-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Old
04-13-2005, 02:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Yemelin is named to the U-20 team for Russia that will play next week. It's mostly the same players from the wjc team this year, minus Ovechkin, Malkin and any '85's. It's in Russia I believe and starts around the same time as the U-18 tournament.

Old
04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Yemelin played for Team Russia today in a U-20 tournament. Looks like he was on the top pairing but held pointless, as Russia beat Finland 5-3. He was paired with '05 prospect Anton Belov.

Old
04-22-2005, 03:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Russia wins the U-20 tournament. Finland, then Slovakia, Sweden and the Czechs' came in last.

Emelin played in all 3 games, I believe on the top pairing (at least the first game he was on the top pairing, don't know about the other 2). 3-1-1-2 4 pims +5

Old
04-22-2005, 06:09 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Russia wins the U-20 tournament. Finland, then Slovakia, Sweden and the Czechs' came in last.

Emelin played in all 3 games, I believe on the top pairing (at least the first game he was on the top pairing, don't know about the other 2). 3-1-1-2 4 pims +5
This is excellent news, hope he continues on his path

Closed Thread