HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2010, 11:51 AM
MollerManor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
LESS than average? What exactly IS the average? According to the site that knocks who I work or, that percentage is less than 3%. My "average" is WAY above that as far as my "track record" is concerned. And what exactly DOES constitute a "track record"? On the injury front, I'm about 100%, on the trade front... well, there haven't been many Kings trades since I started blogging have there? The O'Sullivan trade (missed that)... and... what else? As for players re-signing, yeah, got those. Free agents? Sure, I posted players the Kings were CONSIDERING, and I certainly got the Willie Mitchell one right. Well, right there, its a lot better than 3%.

As for Dancing, if Robitaille asks me again (like he did for the playoffs), then I will oblige, but right now, no, I have no intentions. Why do you ask? Do you miss me? You must, otherwise you wouldn't have asked.

Your shameless Donald Trump

So you are admitting that the site you represent is, on average, 97% wrong?

A self proclaimed sell-out. Cool man....cool.

Old
09-08-2010, 12:01 PM
tomd

Tick Tock

Old
09-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
So you are admitting that the site you represent is, on average, 97% wrong?

A self proclaimed sell-out. Cool man....cool.
LOL, OWNED!!!

Old
09-08-2010, 12:06 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post

Honestly man. Just go and buy a convertible BMW, a fedora, and a blond. Do you have so little in your life that you need to pretend to be "connected" on the internet?
I think its funny that you say "little" when you're from Rhode Island. Bought the Porsche 911, didn't do the fedora or the ascot, preferred brunettes and Asian women to blondes.

My connection, thanks to Time/Warner, is now uber-fast and the T-1 at the office makes it uber-uber-fast. I'm in show business, we "pretend" for a living and do quite nicely. It's why we're in L.A. - This I do for my own "entertainment".

As for the injury update... it's only 10am here in the west. More this afternoon.

Cheers.

Have a beautiful day.

Smile.

Enjoy life.

Have a martini at lunch.

Tell someone you love them.

Hug your child.

Eat an apple

Breathe in the beautiful crisp air.

Tell your boss you think he's doing a great job, even though you would like to hit him/her with a sack of manure.

Be nice to the person behind the counter. One day that could be you.

Don't get mad when some idiot cuts you off on the freeway. Instead, turn up your radio a little bit louder and sing "Come Sail Away" at the top of your lungs.

Pay someone you don't know a compliment.

Smile.

Buy yourself something nice even though you can't afford it.

Skip.

Buy a homeless person a cup of coffee

When someone asks, "May I ask who's calling?" say "Yes, you may!"

Learn French.

Think about Sarah Palin as President. That should make you laugh... or cry.

Pee in your pants.

Throw a water balloon off your balcony.

Throw your TV off your balcony.

Tell CBGB you understand.

Fill a prescription on the internet.

Call your therapist.

Alert the FBI to suspicious activity

Microwave your food until it turns into dust

Drink wine

Have sex in the office

Scream

Pull out all of the tape from a VCR casing

Read a book upside down

Play the Ottawa Senators theme song repeatedly

Play in the sandbox

Make a wish. If it comes true, share it with someone

Buy a new car

Truth be told, I love it here, at LGK and HB - Yes, its PURE entertainment. You either get me, or you don't. Kind of like Dane Cook. Some people think he's funny, others think he sucks. If I can make you laugh, great. If I p*** you off, great. It's better than reading CNN. We all love hockey and we're all passionate. That's why we're here.

Have a blessed day

CBGB

Last edited by CBGB: 09-08-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old
09-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'm not here to criticize anyone but reading back through the thread to see what the big deal is, what exactly is the point of posting a cryptic message about the future? Secrets don't make friends!

I got news for all my fellow So Calians. There is a natural disaster on the horizon. It will probably happen in the next 2 months. I have an inside source with God.

Old
09-08-2010, 12:07 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Ok, I just had my 2nd cup of green tea so I would be calm.

What's the bad news?

Old
09-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Skip.

i bought a homeless person named "Skip" a cup of coffee. True story.

Why exactly do you have to wait to tell us what everyone else will apparently tell us?

Old
09-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
i bought a homeless person named "Skip" a cup of coffee. True story.

Why exactly do you have to wait to tell us what everyone else will apparently tell us?
lol

Old
09-08-2010, 12:19 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
Jeez, last time I checked, the purpose of the Internet was 1) to gain information and 2) entertainment. Those of us on these boards crave either one or the other, sometimes both. CBGB provides some of the former and plenty of the latter. What could possibly be wrong with that? The incessant 'gotcha' when some speculation does not come to fruition is childish. If someone wants pure information, don't read these threads. Hammond is your guy. If you want to be entertained, then welcome aboard and join the debate, just recognize that everything you read may or may not be true. But, it is fun sharing opinions and speculating.
Worth repeating.

There's a reason this thread exists, and it's certainly not to post facts. It's for entertainment, and everyone should know full well that 97% of the stuff discussed in this thread never materializes. That's why it's called a rumor thread.

The CBGB bashing needs to stop. He is a forum member here and needs to be treated with the same level of respect as everyone else. You can tear his rumors apart all you want... but not CBGB personally. The ignore feature is also available.

- T

Old
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Worth repeating.

There's a reason this thread exists, and it's certainly not to post facts. It's for entertainment, and everyone should know full well that 97% of the stuff discussed in this thread never materializes. That's why it's called a rumor thread.

The CBGB bashing needs to stop. He is a forum member here and needs to be treated with the same level of respect as everyone else. You can tear his rumors apart all you want... but not CBGB personally. The ignore feature is also available.

- T

Tony with teh pwnt

Old
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Tony with teh pwnt
sucking up won't make you a mod faster . . .

Old
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
riznat

Quote:
Worth repeating.

- T
I never said I didnt want to read rumors or even the entertainment, I just asked why he has the attitude he has. It seems 75% of the board missed my point completely.

Old
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

With all respect Tony, can it still be called rumors if the guy is just making up transactions/news WITHOUT any evidence or is THE definition of rumor "anything from Eklund & Hockeybuzz" when both of these websites are continually false . . . I thought we were all about holding posters accountable for their posts . . .

Old
09-08-2010, 12:44 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
I didn't ask you what the news was, therefore I will just wait until tomorrow or whenever the news comes out. As for me just wanting attention, so you admit you only do this for attention?

You just glazed over my entire post, you act like you are a notch above the rest of us just because you happen to know someone that we don't know, is that a talent? a skill? Im all for you passing on knowledge if/when you have it. I just don't understand why you have this arrogance about you as if YOU personally are the one making decisions and creating this news.

EDIT: I welcome any Kings news, even Kings rumors but why do you have an attitude about it?
The problem is he doesn't actually give us any news, just a bunch of cryptic b.s without actually saying anything. How is saying "more bad news tomorrow" or "Kings are interested in a player from Atlanta" even giving us news? It's useless to say you have "inside info" but keep it to yourself. I really don't understand what he gets out of it. Now if he came out with actual names attached to the rumors, that's a different story. but he's really not even giving us rumours, just a bunch of words that mean nothing.

Old
09-08-2010, 12:46 PM
fiveholio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
With all respect Tony, can it still be called rumors if the guy is just making up transactions/news WITHOUT any evidence or is THE definition of rumor "anything from Eklund & Hockeybuzz" when both of these websites are continually false . . . I thought we were all about holding posters accountable for their posts . . .
Wow... what's your mission, man? You really don't care whether anyone has a source or not, you just want to call people out for not having the truth? Most rumors never come to be, so you're probably better off either a) understanding that; 2) spending time on a hockey news site and not here; or iii) putting DB and Eklund on 'ignore'. I know we're better off if you do one or all of those.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
piston

Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
My God, fellow. This is entertainment. If you think he is full of it assign the appropriate level of skepticism to anything he says. We are all adults here. We deal with people in the real world every day. Some are honest to a fault. Others are BS artists. We never believe anything the latter tell us. If you think CBGB falls into that category (I don't), ignore him. Please don't go running to someone else pointing a finger and complain he is lying to you. Would you do that in other aspects of your life?

Old
09-08-2010, 01:03 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
I think its funny that you say "little" when you're from Rhode Island. Bought the Porsche 911, didn't do the fedora or the ascot, preferred brunettes and Asian women to blondes.

My connection, thanks to Time/Warner, is now uber-fast and the T-1 at the office makes it uber-uber-fast. I'm in show business, we "pretend" for a living and do quite nicely. It's why we're in L.A. - This I do for my own "entertainment".

As for the injury update... it's only 10am here in the west. More this afternoon.

Cheers.

Have a beautiful day.

Smile.

Enjoy life.

Have a martini at lunch.

Tell someone you love them.

Hug your child.

Eat an apple

Breathe in the beautiful crisp air.

Tell your boss you think he's doing a great job, even though you would like to hit him/her with a sack of manure.

Be nice to the person behind the counter. One day that could be you.

Don't get mad when some idiot cuts you off on the freeway. Instead, turn up your radio a little bit louder and sing "Come Sail Away" at the top of your lungs.

Pay someone you don't know a compliment.

Smile.

Buy yourself something nice even though you can't afford it.

Skip.

When someone asks, "May I ask who's calling?" say "Yes, you may!"

Learn French.

Think about Sarah Palin as President. That should make you laugh... or cry.

Pee in your pants.

Throw a water balloon off your balcony.

Throw your TV off your balcony.

Tell CBGB you understand.

Fill a prescription on the internet.

Call your therapist.

Alert the FBI to suspicious activity

Microwave your food until it turns into dust

Drink wine

Have sex in the office

Scream

Pull out all of the tape from a VCR casing

Read a book upside down

Play the Ottawa Senators theme song repeatedly

Play in the sandbox

Make a wish. If it comes true, share it with someone

Buy a new car

Truth be told, I love it here, at LGK and HB - Yes, its PURE entertainment. You either get me, or you don't. Kind of like Dane Cook. Some people think he's funny, others think he sucks. If I can make you laugh, great. If I p*** you off, great. It's better than reading CNN. We all love hockey and we're all passionate. That's why we're here.

Have a blessed day

CBGB
I can appreciate this post far more than many others of yours. And certainly, as with much on the internet, its entertainment, and one shouldn't always believe what one reads, in any event. I dont use the ignore feature on anyone, which is not to say I haven't been tempted, but its amusing to read lots of this stuff, so the entertainment concept is not lost on me. Neither is the self-promotion, which is cetainly your right.

As for Dancing, yours in particular, there are alot of things I miss about past Kings game. Happily, your dancing ISNT one of them.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Worth repeating.

- T
So is this the thread for "unvetted" sources? I remember there was a big issue about sources being "vetted" in the past. If not, are Eklund and CBGB considered vetted sources?

Old
09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Worth repeating.

- T
Well once he actually gives us a rumour and not a paragraph about nothing I'll agree with you. As a moderator, you shouldn't let people post that they have inside info, and then not share any of it. It's pointless and takes up space on the thread.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:07 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Worth repeating.

- T
The comedic value of that comment alone is worth the price of admission to this thread.

But its no problem. Matt is fine (absent the dancing)

Old
09-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveholio View Post
Wow... what's your mission, man? You really don't care whether anyone has a source or not, you just want to call people out for not having the truth? Most rumors never come to be, so you're probably better off either a) understanding that; 2) spending time on a hockey news site and not here; or iii) putting DB and Eklund on 'ignore'. I know we're better off if you do one or all of those.
I had no idea I could ignore someone . . I should really read the FAQ

Old
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
My God, fellow. This is entertainment. If you think he is full of it assign the appropriate level of skepticism to anything he says. We are all adults here. We deal with people in the real world every day. Some are honest to a fault. Others are BS artists. We never believe anything the latter tell us. If you think CBGB falls into that category (I don't), ignore him. Please don't go running to someone else pointing a finger and complain he is lying to you. Would you do that in other aspects of your life?
You mean, do I hold people accountable for their words and call them out when they are full of ****?. . yes, yes I do.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
I had no idea I could ignore someone . . I should really read the FAQ
You think that's good, I just realized a while ago that you can ignore entire threads.

That's a great option over on the main board. Although it's not really spelled out that well in the FAQ.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
You think that's good, I just realized a while ago that you can ignore entire threads.

That's a great option over on the main board. Although it's not really spelled out that well in the FAQ.
Technically, i was being sarcastic but what the hell,

Old
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Tomorrow will be a good day for Kings fans. Skip told me.

Closed Thread