HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another off-topic thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Goodluck!!! Break a leg!!! Or however the hell that stuff works.
Thanks kindly. I think it went pretty well, and I'm really hoping I get the position. It's a good balance of creative and technical stuff, and since it's a university, I'd get free gym membership, 96% off tuition for an advanced degree, and all sorts of other perks. Fingers are crossed, statuettes are being rubbed, pajamas are inside out.

Old
08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
No politics. Don't make me give you a formal warning politely asking you not to make me give you an infraction.
Sorry, didn't realize that.

Old
08-26-2010, 02:01 AM
MP

Quote:
Thanks kindly. I think it went pretty well, and I'm really hoping I get the position. It's a good balance of creative and technical stuff, and since it's a university, I'd get free gym membership, 96% off tuition for an advanced degree, and all sorts of other perks. Fingers are crossed, statuettes are being rubbed, pajamas are inside out.
The real question is how long you've been wearing your "lucky" Superman underoos.

By the way, if you manage to get the position, you'll have to tell me what ritual(s) you performed, which god(s)/goddess(es) you invoked, and which species of livestock you sacrificed. You see, I'll be applying to graduate school this fall, and after Game 7 against Detroit, I no longer feel I can rely upon the pantheon of long-forgotten druidic nightmares to whom I've turned in the past. I chalk it up to the absence of properly blasphemous groves in Arizona. I can appreciate how difficult it is for eldritch horrors to meet expectations without a blasphemous grove in which to conduct their orgies of surpassing depravity--designed, no doubt, with the singular intention of causing the greatest possible offense to God. All I've got by way of a grove is a back yard in dire need of weeding and I strongly suspect they find it insufficient.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old
08-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Lerner and Rowe
Is the way to go
Call 977-1900

I can't get this damn jingle out of my head. I wish these stupid lawyer commercials in Phoenix would stop playing the crap over and over.

Like any of them would get me off scott free from a DUI in AZ.

Old
08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
howlincoyote2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Lerner and Rowe
Is the way to go
Call 977-1900

I can't get this damn jingle out of my head. I wish these stupid lawyer commercials in Phoenix would stop playing the crap over and over.

Petersen Johnson, 877-96-LEGAL!! *Ruff!*

I can't count how many times that's been stuck in my head.

Old
08-31-2010, 03:01 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Lerner and Rowe
Is the way to go
Call 977-1900

You know that Lerner guy is like a Franchise?
They have lerner and X in at least two other states.

Of all commercials though, the worst is express flooring. I hate that woman.

Old
08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
The crazy floor lady!!! Yes! Whenever I hear the 'happy home people' I picture this Texas chainsaw massacre-style family. She freaks me out.

Old
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
You know that Lerner guy is like a Franchise?
They have lerner and X in at least two other states.

Lerner isn't even licensed to practice law in Arizona.

Old
08-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Didn't know where to put this but I'll be tweeting from Bulin's sentencing hearing today at 3 PM @azvibesports....in case you're interested.

Old
08-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Kaizen

TSN has his sentence at 30 days - the minimum he could have received.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=332263

Old
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Today was a great day.... Im so happy, so I just had to post that.

Sorry

Old
09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Advice...

1. I don't have a television, and I don't want one. Can I watch every Coyotes game on my laptop? Anyone here do that? How much does something like that cost? Is it realiable? How about quality? Thanks.

2. I've never established any credit, and I'm twenty five years old. This is obviously a problem. I've been denied for everything from cell phone contracts to low limit, annual fee credit cards from companies like Crap.One. and even Quick Trip gas station. So, I bought one of those three credit bureau reports from Experian. Experian had my score at 638. Apparantly, I had two accounts past due(one closed six years ago, and the other four years ago). There was nothing else at all on the report. I've never financed anything, and have never been on a contract, so late payments, etc. for the most part, have never been an issue. It seems like the bigger problem is not "bad" credit, but "no" credit. Experian claims that Equifax and TransUnion have nothing on me. No score, no report, nothing. I get the feeling I'm being lied to, there. Does that sound right to anyone? Could it be that only one bureau has a score for me?

Also, how in the hell am I supposed to improve my credit if the freaking QT mart won't give me a dang card? I'm a little frustrated here, and my thirteen year old beater is breaking down on me. The thing is worth like two grand, and I'm about to drop like five hundo getting the breaks done. This is killing me. I'm flirting with the idea of taking out a student loan just so I can purchase a new car(I've been approved for 5,550 in grants this year, and 12,500 in subsidized loans this year, as a result of being unemployed for much of last year. I don't actually have tuition costs due to a tuition benefit through my employer).

I have a halfway decent job, and I don't live beyond my means in any way. I don't ever buy things. My clothes are old, and I have no gadgets to speak of. I don't struggle to make ends meet, and I pay my bills on time. I just don't have any freaking credit, and I have a need, but not the means to gain financing for a vehicle. It may be nice to be able to buy a house some day, as well(I'll have a degree soon, and I'm good at my job. A promotion, upon graduation, is certainly not out of the question)

Anyway, any advice would be great. I'm twenty five going on nineteen when it comes to things like this.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
PHX FireBirds18

I can only offer you advice on #1.

You absolutely can watch games online. I do all the time, but the quality does vary especially with the free broadcasts. I have center ice as well, but when I'm at work I usually just do some searching for free games over the net. Although I would be lying if I said Coyote games were common. If you want to pay, I hear game center on nhl.com has very good quality video. They archive their games as well, so people with whacky schedules can catch up when ever they can. Watch the video demo and it will give you an idea what it's all about.

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/loginform

Old
09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I can only offer you advice on #1.

You absolutely can watch games online. I do all the time, but the quality does vary especially with the free broadcasts. I have center ice as well, but when I'm at work I usually just do some searching for free games over the net. Although I would be lying if I said Coyote games were common. If you want to pay, I hear game center on nhl.com has very good quality video. They archive their games as well, so people with whacky schedules can catch up when ever they can. Watch the video demo and it will give you an idea what it's all about.

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/loginform
Thanks!

I'm happy to pay, and i love the archiving. I generally don't get home until seven thirty-ish. i wonder if they spoil the score.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Anyway, any advice would be great. I'm twenty five going on nineteen when it comes to things like this.
Take out a secured credit card.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:53 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Thanks!

I'm happy to pay, and i love the archiving. I generally don't get home until seven thirty-ish. i wonder if they spoil the score.
atdhe.net has live streaming games for free. Quality is good at times, not so good at other times depending on the feed.

Old
09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Take out a secured credit card.
That's where I use my own money, rather than borrowing, right?

Old
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

What's wrong with a debit card?

Old
09-08-2010, 02:36 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
That's where I use my own money, rather than borrowing, right?
Yah, you deposit $500 or $1000 [or whatever you want] with the bank and they give you a card up to that limit.

That's one of the goofball things about credit. It's not just they want to know if you have a record of not paying things, but they want to see a record of you regularly paying things. If you live smart and never use credit for anything you're like a 'credit ghost' in the system. That's all fine and dandy as long as you don't actually want to get credit.

Old
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
What's wrong with a debit card?
They don't improve your credit score. If you want a bank to loan you money for something like a house or a car, you have to have a good credit score. From what I can tell, you need to borrow money and then pay it back in order to improve your credit score. If you move through life without going into debt, you will not have a sufficient credit history to justify anyone loaning you any money in the future.

Last edited by rt: 09-08-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old
09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Yah, you deposit $500 or $1000 [or whatever you want] with the bank and they give you a card up to that limit.

That's one of the goofball things about credit. It's not just they want to know if you have a record of not paying things, but they want to see a record of you regularly paying things. If you live smart and never use credit for anything you're like a 'credit ghost' in the system. That's all fine and dandy as long as you don't actually want to get credit.
Honestly mouser, I kind of feel that the whole system is goofball. I suppose that I'll be putting five hundred bucks into one of those cards then. I wonder how long it will take to improve my credit score.

As far as the vehicle goes, I don't think I'll be able to secure financing in any other way than student loans. I don't have a co-signer, and I can't believe I'll be approved for financing for a vehicle if I can't even get a freaking cell phone contract. Obviously student loans are for school expenses, but I can't go to school unless I can go to work. I can't go to work if I don't have a freaking car. Ugh. It's not as though I need something fancy. I just want a five or six year old, stripped down, little work truck with like 50-60k on the odometer. We're talking seven or eight grand, tops?

Here we go: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb - easy enough.

Strange days we live in.

Last edited by rt: 09-08-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
They don't improve your credit score. If you want a bank to loan you money for something like a house or a car, you have to have a good credit score. From what I can tell, you need to borrow money and then pay it back in order to improve your credit score. If you move through life without going into debt, you will not have a sufficient credit history to justify anyone loaning you any money in the future.
Ah, yes. Credit. Figured you just wanted to spend money with plastic.

Old
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Honestly mouser, I kind of feel that the whole system is goofball. I suppose that I'll be putting five hundred bucks into one of those cards then. I wonder how long it will take to improve my credit score.

As far as the vehicle goes, I don't think I'll be able to secure financing in any other way than student loans. I don't have a co-signer, and I can't believe I'll be approved for financing for a vehicle if I can't even get a freaking cell phone contract. Obviously student loans are for school expenses, but I can't go to school unless I can go to work. I can't go to work if I don't have a freaking car. Ugh. It's not as though I need something fancy. I just want a five or six year old, stripped down, little work truck with like 50-60k on the odometer. We're talking seven or eight grand, tops?

Here we go: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb - easy enough.

Strange days we live in.
Lots of student loans include monies to cover rent and food and stuff. I wouldn't know how to begin looking for one, but I imagine there are loans out there that leave a bit for car payments.

Old
09-08-2010, 03:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Lots of student loans include monies to cover rent and food and stuff. I wouldn't know how to begin looking for one, but I imagine there are loans out there that leave a bit for car payments.
No payments needed. For the year, I'll get 5,550 in grants and 12,500 in loans. Those come in two disbursements. That's 9,025 in the first disbursement(not including the loan origination fee of 1%). As soon as I get the first disbursement(thirty to ninety days), I'll cancel the second disbursement of the loan, but keep the second grant disbursement coming. That will put me in debt 6,250. I'll use the second disbursement of grant money(2,775) to pay back on the loan, and reduce my debt to 3,475. My piece of **** vehicle is worth probably two grand on a trade-in. That gives me something like 11,025 to buy a truck. I can certainly find an acceptable one for 8k. Leaves me 3k to pay back to the lender. Reduces the student loan debt to half a grand-ish. That's subsidized so no interest until six months after I graduate.

Still, it'd be nice to just have credit and be able to buy a car like a normal person. Haha.

Old
09-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Thanks!

You can have it set so that the scores don't show up.

And my opinion of GameCenter: I love it. There's usually a 50% chance that you get a Phoenix stream of the game too. Although black-outs apply to GameCenter, so if you live in Phoenix, it's not doing you much good unless you just want to watch the archived version later. I live in Florida, so this does not apply to me.

Closed Thread