HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2010-2011 Official pre-season Thread (Fedotenko, Exelby, Semenov on tryout)

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2010, 06:33 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
what if Redden looks reborn in camp
I read that article... If he did that, I'd have some serious questions for him, because it means he didn't get the message the previous off-season, where even he said he was disappointed after his first season as a Blueshirt... So if it took another disappointing season of him making $8 mil for him to get the message, that would annoy me quite a bit to put it lightly... I think the chances of us seeing a different Redden are slim to none.... I never once thought his inconsistencies or issues were attributed to poor conditioning or training, it's mental for him at this point and he just doesn't have it any more, whatever that was he had several years ago in Ottawa when both him and Chara were on their roster...

Old
08-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Brooks posed the question a few weeks ago. Not so much as, what if Redden looks reborn in camp
Redden will be reborn... as our new Boogaard. Book it:

Why did Sather even go for The Bogeyman anyway?

Old
08-30-2010, 07:17 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
Redden will be reborn... as our new Boogaard. Book it:

Why did Sather even go for The Bogeyman anyway?

It's extremely odd and almost uncomfortable watching Redden fight because he's so lazy and unaggressive when he's on the ice, it's hard to picture him exerting so much energy to throw a punch.

Old
08-30-2010, 07:34 PM
smoneil

I think this is where the Kennedy signing comes into play. If Redden plays well, then the Rangers would need to send down 2 of White, Avery and Gilroy to make the cap space for Staal's contract. Since there are SO many extra forwards right now, I'm guessing that it's Avery, rather than Redden, who has bus rides in his future.

Gilroy will also have a tough job cracking the lineup, if we expect Roszival, Staal, Girardi, MDZ, and McDonogh to be on the big club. Eminger is perfect for a #7, but that last spot is wide open for guys like Gilroy, Redden, Valentenko, Sauer, etc.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:26 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
MZA interview with footage from the skate... http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/console.j...d=765&id=74853

LOL, so akward.
At 26 seconds or so, Drury goes over and shakes MZA's hand. MZA doesn't look much smaller than Drury.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:46 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

My favorite:

Vinny Prospal is in mid-season form passionately celebrating his goal during #NYR informal workout this morning!

http://twitter.com/JimCerny

But actually it's: Prospal with the best tan.....

Last edited by jdhebner: 08-30-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: The truth will out.
Old
08-30-2010, 09:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
So glad it's almost time for hockey.

It's just pain.
Old
08-30-2010, 11:23 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I think we can all agree on the fact that if Redden plays in the pre-season the way he has been playing since he signed with this team then he is gone. What happens though if he is our best or second best D man in the pre-season? The chances of that are remote, but they do exist, and if so the Rangers would have a dilemma.
I think the WADE had his chance already

Torts said so

He didn't meet the expectations

Even if he comes into camp and is the second coming of Gengis Khan, he still is cut. Let him be Khan in the AHL. Its not like he won't be earning Dolan's millions anyway (just like eddie curry)

Old
08-31-2010, 04:51 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
I think the WADE had his chance already

Torts said so

He didn't meet the expectations

Even if he comes into camp and is the second coming of Gengis Khan, he still is cut. Let him be Khan in the AHL. Its not like he won't be earning Dolan's millions anyway (just like eddie curry)
I don't think Genghis would be a great hockey defenseman .

Now maybe if Boogaard came in with some Khan spirit...

Old
08-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
I wonder how MZA is looking in those preseason practice jerseys... I still want to know if he will wear #36 or #48 and whether or not 'Zuccarello Aasen' will be the name on his jersey instead of 'Zuccarello' or 'Aasen'
any one know where I can buy a MZA Jersey from the SEL where he played? I want one for my dads birthday to hang next to his Euro Lundqvist, Jagr and Straka.

Old
08-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
any one know where I can buy a MZA Jersey from the SEL where he played? I want one for my dads birthday to hang next to his Euro Lundqvist, Jagr and Straka.
Try sending a mail to info@modohockey.se and ask if they can help you, as their automated web shop is a disappointment. http://www.modohockey.se/shop_kategori.cfm

Old
09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Tweets from the skate today... http://twitter.com/stevezipay |http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord | https://twitter.com/thenyrangers ...

Quote:
At #NYRangers informal skate: Dubinsky, Lundqvist, White, Eminger, Gilroy, Anisimov, Redden, Valentenko, Grachev, Avery (newcomer), Callahan.
Quote:
#NYRangers Sean Avery: "I certainly have a different mentality going into camp this year than last year."

"It was not a good year. I'm just focusing in a different way."
Quote:
At #NYRangers skate: 2-0s, 3-0s and 3-3s. Redden beats Lundquist high from the slot.
Quote:
Sean Avery on summer NYR moves: "All that stuff's great as long as it works. We'll see how we come together as a team."

Avery: "We have to gain our identity back...a team that's hard-working, isn't intimidated and wins games."
Quote:
Lundqvist on his early arrival: "I'm a slow starter...other guys, It doesn't matter, as long as you're ready. No excuses for not being ready."
Quote:
Lundqvist: "It's important to look ahead and be on the right side of things...bottom line is we have to be more consistent this season"
Quote:
Both Henrik Lundqvist and Sean Avery said this morning that they are not looking back to last season, focused solely straight ahead

Last edited by Loffen: 09-01-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Pre-camp notes 9/3/10... https://twitter.com/thenyrangers | http://twitter.com/stevezipay

Quote:
16 Rangers on ice, largest group of the week
Quote:
After 1st skate with new mates (and scrimmage win for blue team), Marty Biron looks forward to season with wife, four kids nearby, unlike LI.

Biron, whose family stayed in Buffalo last season, believes he will feel more comfortable with them around and with a two-year deal.
Quote:
Snapshot: Avery scored from sharp angle off prone Lundqvist's glove, muffled cursing from behind mask, followed by Cally's cheery "offside"
LOL.

Quote:
Veteran defenseman Michal Rozsival is back from Czech Republic. Didn't skate but was riding bike and working out.
Quote:
# Wide open 4 on 4 scrimmage; Callahan hat trick for red team, Avery 2 for blue so far; 2 weeks to camp!

# Avery backhand goal for hat trick; Gilroy, Drury, MZA with highlight-reel goals

Old
09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
The first and last hat tricks for Cally and Avery this season.

Seriously wish we could watch them practice though.

09-03-2010, 12:44 PM
nyr2417

hey guys when does training camp actually start?

Old
09-03-2010, 12:48 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
hey guys when does training camp actually start?
9/17, I believe.

Old
09-03-2010, 01:35 PM
nyrleetch

Love to see that Avery is performing.

Old
09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Love to see that Avery is performing.
agreed, it's definitely a huge plus that avery is performing whether it's camp or not. We need Avery this year I strongly believe that he can be our x-factor. He's the type of guy that is a very solid 3rd line agitator who has the skill if need be to move up in the line-up. I believe if we see the avery that was here the first time around we'll be a surefire lock to make the playoffs.

Old
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved83

Glad to hear there were 16 rangers on the ice.

Old
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

http://twitter.com/thenyrangers

Quote:
Lundqvist on MZA: "He's got quick hands...u can tell he's a good player and the type who will be even better when speed of game increases"
seeing that makes me happy. really happy. looking forward to seeing him play in the preseason

Old
09-04-2010, 11:53 PM
haveandare

Got my ticket for the first game

Can't wait.

Old
09-05-2010, 12:00 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I can tell it's almost hockey season because I feel my blood pressure going up already. Nothing like the beginning of classes and aggravating Rangers hockey to get your blood pressure up.

Old
09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Pre-camp notes 9/7/10... http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord | https://twitter.com/thenyrangers

Quote:
The gang's almost all here at #NYRangers skate. No Marian Gaborik, no Alex Frolov and no Marc Staal. Two full benches for 6 on 6 scrimmage.
Quote:
New, very large #NYRangers enforcer Derek Boogaard on fellow scrapper Brandon Prust: "He's a hard working player, tough to play against."

#NYRangers Derek Boogaard (6-foot-8) on whether he and new teammate Brandon Prust (5-11) have ever fought. "Nooooooo."
Quote:
How strong is #NYRangers Derek Boogaard (or how weak am I)? Shook his hand. He didn't shake hard. My hand was absolutely crushed. It hurt.
Quote:
#NYRangers Marian Gaborik expected to arrive in town today.
Quote:
#NYRangers coach John Tortorella will head to Traverse City tournament with Rangers' prospects on Friday and stay for the duration.
Quote:
No shock but #NYRangers D Dan Girardi loves the security that comes with his new four-year deal. Says he has not chatted pacts with Staal.

Quote:
Evgeny Grachev, Dale Weise, Dane Byers, Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh, Kris Newbury, Pavel Valentenko among young players here early
Quote:
Weise: "I'm a little better prepared this year and I think I have a really good shot to make the team & that's my goal"

Weise: "Confidence is such a huge part of this game, & even today I just felt more confident being here...I feel I belong here"

Old
09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Cmox

per zipay

By the NYR numbers: Boogaard 94; White 12, Frolov 31, Eminger 44, Kennedy 13 and Biron 43, which he's had for ages after he was denied "00"

Old
09-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
per zipay

By the NYR numbers: Boogaard 94; White 12, Frolov 31, Eminger 44, Kennedy 13 and Biron 43, which he's had for ages after he was denied "00"
With Boogaard being only 5 numbers away from The Great One, he MUST be good.

Closed Thread