HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cody Franson Signs two year $800K per year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
  #76
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
still going to need another solid dman ... I don't believe Klein - Cube is going to cut it for the 2nd pair
I think they'll have to, with hopes that Parent or Johnson steps up. The back end is getting pretty crowded. Klein\Cube was actually a pretty solid pairing...most of the maligning Klein received was when paired with Hamhuis.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 12:13 PM
  #77
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,008
vCash: 500
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/9...tors-sign-cody

Here is the link per On the Forecheck.

Last player I have I put in bold on my spreadsheet. Preds are about 3.7 million over the cap floor with Johnson as the 7th and Dekanich as the back-up.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
  #78
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
Hard to know who will and won't make the roster right now, but if they can keep the payroll this low and be in a playoff position when the trade deadline rolls around, it will leave Poile in a pretty good position to add some short-term help at that time. And I think a serviceable roster should be very possible with the players available.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 01:27 PM
  #79
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
About time, now I dont have to worry so much

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
  #80
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
In the end Fruit cup Franson is a wimp in the NHL. He doesn't hit and is the slowest player on the team. Maybe in a few years when he puts some weight on and isn't afraid to put his shoulder into someone he might be worth this kind of money.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 02:37 PM
  #81
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshpred87 View Post
In the end Fruit cup Franson is a wimp in the NHL. He doesn't hit and is the slowest player on the team. Maybe in a few years when he puts some weight on and isn't afraid to put his shoulder into someone he might be worth this kind of money.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
  #82
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:03 PM
  #83
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,160
vCash: 500
I'll take "wimpy" Franson, who can actually contribute, over "tough" Tootoo, who is simply skating around taking up a spot, any day.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:08 PM
  #84
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
He has an ok shot, good passing, and fairly poor positioning(beacause of his geriatric speed). He isnt worth what we are paying him.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:13 PM
  #85
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Was this a good deal?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
  #86
goalscorer
Registered User
 
goalscorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Paducah, Ky
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'll take "wimpy" Franson, who can actually contribute, over "tough" Tootoo, who is simply skating around taking up a spot, any day.
Well said sir.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
  #87
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
He has a great shot, hes great at passing and he doesnt nearly make as many mistakes on d as Klein. And he isnt nearly as bad on defense as some people make him out to be. Yes he is slow and doesnt hit as much as we would like, but I expect him to show all you doubters and Franson bashers that he is a good defenseman and a reliable one.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:27 PM
  #88
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
He has a great shot, hes great at passing and he doesnt nearly make as many mistakes on d as Klein. And he isnt nearly as bad on defense as some people make him out to be. Yes he is slow and doesnt hit as much as we would like, but I expect him to show all you doubters and Franson bashers that he is a good defenseman and a reliable one.
Wasn't he supposed to prove himself last year? This is why so many are upset, he didnt prove himself and this seems like a huge waste of money.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:30 PM
  #89
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshpred87 View Post
Wasn't he supposed to prove himself last year? This is why so many are upset, he didnt prove himself and this seems like a huge waste of money.
6 goals 15 assists 21 pts and a plus 15 in your rookie campaign as a D-man on your 3rd pair isnt proving yourself? Yes he did play against other teams bottom lines but you also see other D-man in the nhl play against teams bottom lines and not get anywhere near those numbers. Hes only 23 has so much room to grow and he has with out a doubt proven himself to me.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
  #90
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshpred87 View Post
Wasn't he supposed to prove himself last year? This is why so many are upset, he didnt prove himself and this seems like a huge waste of money.
Dude. He wasn't even supposed to sniff the NHL last season. Sulzer and Laakso were "the guys," and even Blum was supposedly better poised to step up. He supplanted a guy with a one-way contract, was one of the lone bright spots on a dismal power play, and put together a respectable point total in only 60 games. Is he rock solid defensively? No. But WHO CARES? They are called OFFENSIVE DEFENSEMEN for a reason. It's something that we as fans sometimes fail to grasp with guys like Zidlicky, Grebs, and now Franson--partly because our own coach sometimes doesn't grasp it. As long as someone is covering his butt, it works out. He gets paid(and a menial amount, by the way...not sure where your gripe with 800K is...) to put up points--something he did, and will continue to do. Have some perspective.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
  #91
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
6 goals 15 assists 21 pts and a plus 15 in your rookie campaign as a D-man on your 3rd pair isnt proving yourself? Yes he did play against other teams bottom lines but you also see other D-man in the nhl play against teams bottom lines and not get anywhere near those numbers. Hes only 23 has so much room to grow and he has with out a doubt proven himself to me.
So hes proven himself to you great im glad you settle for a mediocre D man. But as for me and im sure others I realize our d was pretty weak last year and i dont want another useless d man who can yeah throw a few points up here and there but physically contributes nothing and God forbid we put him on PP.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
  #92
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshpred87 View Post
So hes proven himself to you great im glad you settle for a mediocre D man. But as for me and im sure others I realize our d was pretty weak last year and i dont want another useless d man who can yeah throw a few points up here and there but physically contributes nothing and God forbid we put him on PP.
Haha it takes time for a lot of young players to get use to the physicality of the game. Franson will most likely be taught by our staff how useful his size is in the physical part of the game. You look for d-men that can put up offensive numbers and use size to their advantage on defense. And thats what I see Franson doing. Like I said he is slow and hasn't been so physical but I expect him to start using his size and physicality more to cover up his speed. He is far from useless, if he was he would not of played in 61 games last year and he wouldnt of been resigned. Poile knows whats up

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
  #93
Nshpred87
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Haha it takes time for a lot of young players to get use to the physicality of the game. Franson will most likely be taught by our staff how useful his size is in the physical part of the game. You look for d-men that can put up offensive numbers and use size to their advantage on defense. And thats what I see Franson doing. Like I said he is slow and hasn't been so physical but I expect him to start using his size and physicality more to cover up his speed. He is far from useless, if he was he would not of played in 61 games last year and he wouldnt of been resigned. Poile knows whats up
Isn't the AHL where players are supposed to learn the physicality and how to use their size to their advantage. Sorry personally he's not ready for a one-way contract in the NHL.

Nshpred87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
  #94
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshpred87 View Post
Isn't the AHL where players are supposed to learn the physicality and how to use their size to their advantage. Sorry personally he's not ready for a one-way contract in the NHL.
The AHL is nothing compared to the NHL. How could he learn the physicality of the game against NHL players when he isnt playing against NHL players?


Last edited by I Will Son: 09-08-2010 at 03:54 PM.
I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
  #95
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/3...eshkov-returns

this is a great article about the debate over klein and franson. It states why Klein is the weakest link and goes on to say because of his bad d positioning and that he plays the puck over the body (haha and ya'll female dog about Franson's hitting) also saying if it werent for Wilson and Horny that he would be getting much more praise, talking about Cody of course. This is franson's year, just wait.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM
  #96
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predsicle420 View Post
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/3...eshkov-returns

this is a great article about the debate over klein and franson. It states why Klein is the weakest link and goes on to say because of his bad d positioning and that he plays the puck over the body (haha and ya'll female dog about Franson's hitting) also saying if it werent for Wilson and Horny that he would be getting much more praise, talking about Cody of course. This is franson's year, just wait.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
  #97
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshpred87 View Post
Isn't the AHL where players are supposed to learn the physicality and how to use their size to their advantage. Sorry personally he's not ready for a one-way contract in the NHL.
So untrue, if the AHL was the answer to all players deficiencies, Cal O'reilly would be a hockey god.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
  #98
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predsicle420 View Post
So untrue, if the AHL was the answer to all players deficiencies, Cal O'reilly would be a hockey god.
As would Hugh Jessiman and Mike Santorelli

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 04:02 PM
  #99
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Franson has officially changed his uniform number to #4 for this season...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 04:08 PM
  #100
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Franson has officially changed his uniform number to #4 for this season...
It seems most d-men like low numbers. Especially preds

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.