HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Case/Worst Case Scenario

Old
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'm putting a lot of stock into the best case scenario because of Arniel... I'll admit I have little to base my confidence in him on other than what I have read but his track record is solid and I've liked what he's said since being here as well as what he hasn't said. I don't think Arniel is going to toss guys under the bus as Hitchcock seemed to do at times (intended or not) and he's not going to pontificate crap after every loss as Hitchcock did.

Arniel, Mason, the degree of development of our young forwards (and Russell) and leadership of the returning veterans are all key for a best case senario-I think it's going to all come together this season. I predict the playoffs.
I like your post, Robert. I have a good feeling about this year as well. I had a bad feeling about last season, so I hope I am batting a thousand in the "gut feelings" department. I am still not convinced that we will make the play-offs, and I solely base that on the extremely tough western conference. I am convinced, though, that we will be right there all season, and it should be a fun ride.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
FlaggerX

I had a really good feeling about last year, but got kicked in the gut after an amazing start. I should have known it wouldn't last. I feel much better about this year's team, but I won't know what we have until it hits the ice. My feeling is this year's Jackets will be much closer to 'best case' then 'worst case', but I'm not sure how far we'll go.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I like Hitch. I can support the next coach of his former team as well.
Arniel will get a fair shake from me. However I may view the treatment of Hitch, Arniel holds no responsibility. He has a clean slate with me.

Not sure if this implies that you thought I wouldn't support our next head coach. I'm not sure how much "support" I'll give an unknown, but I'll certainly give him time before I make any real judgments. I'll probably wait until the first of the year for a preliminary, but unless he's just awful, which I doubt, it'll probably be mid next season before I really form a real opinion.

I'm a Jackets fan first. I am not a Howson fan. Time will tell if I'm an Arniel fan. Fan or not of either, I'll still be a fan of the team. Win or lose.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

Not sure if this implies that you thought I wouldn't support our next head coach.
Nope. Just a twist is all. This is what my mind went to when I first read your post, then I caught that it wasn't what you were saying. So I said it.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 09-08-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I don't think Arniel is going to toss guys under the bus as Hitchcock seemed to do at times (intended or not) and he's not going to pontificate crap after every loss as Hitchcock did.
A lot of expectations and assumptions for a new coach. You may want to reflect and reign in your expectations.

I already feel sorry for Arniel and so far he's only talked to the players.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
hip check
Go North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I like your post, Robert. I have a good feeling about this year as well. I had a bad feeling about last season, so I hope I am batting a thousand in the "gut feelings" department. I am still not convinced that we will make the play-offs, and I solely base that on the extremely tough western conference. I am convinced, though, that we will be right there all season, and it should be a fun ride.
I too had a bad feeling going into last season. Too many young guys that needed to take that next step together, and I suppose I was right to worry. For some reason though I have kind of a blind optimism about this upcoming season. I don't know if it's because I feel things can't get any worse, they have to get better. Or if deep down I know that I can't go through another heartbreaking season again. I however have the feeling that they will make the playoffs. Of course that is based completely off a gut feeling and ignores all logic.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip check View Post
deep down I know that I can't go through another heartbreaking season again. I however have the feeling that they will make the playoffs. Of course that is based completely off a gut feeling and ignores all logic.

Because we are FANS.

And they are OUR team.

Does not require logic.

Analysis another time

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote