HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 may now start!

Old
09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
kanye west is white ?

wtf did I miss LOL
...the first post?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Gotta admit he sounds just like Eminem

My bad, not too big on hip hop bro

Punk an' Rock's more my thing.
The rapper sounds like Eminem because he is Eminem.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Andrei "Freight-train" Kostitsyn

As inconsistent as he is, I still love 'em. I think with Sergei gone and not distracting him another more Freight-train can hit a more consistent stride and score 30-35 genos and get 70-75 points.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
The rapper sounds like Eminem because he is Eminem.
Well, yeah, I figured as much when I heard it first. The other poster got me confused because he didn't know I was talking about the Subban -only- video

So yeah I was right, it is ironic.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Andrei "Freight-train" Kostitsyn

As inconsistent as he is, I still love 'em. I think with Sergei gone and not distracting him another more Freight-train can hit a more consistent stride and score 30-35 genos and get 70-75 points.
And here we go again!

Can we just expect him to get back over 45 points before hoping he gets 75 points?

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
And here we go again!

Can we just expect him to get back over 45 points before hoping he gets 75 points?
He was on pace for 46 points this year despite missing 23 games and was on pace for the exact same amount the year before despite missing 8 games, considering that many believe that last year was a down year for him, I think he'll be fine.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 09:54 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
He was on pace for 46 points this year despite missing 23 games and was on pace for the exact same amount the year before despite missing 8 games, considering that many believe that last year was a down year for him, I think he'll be fine.
Make him score 50 points and 23-27 goals, with less stupid mistakes/turnovers, and I'll consider this a success. I'll get as far as saying he might be worth keeping if he pulls that off.

Old
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Andy

Quote:
Make him score 50 points and 23-27 goals, with less stupid mistakes/turnovers, and I'll consider this a success. I'll get as far as saying he might be worth keeping if he pulls that off.
Well you are getting mad at a poster who said that if he puts up a more consistent effort he would be able to pot the numbers that he mentioned. Andrei definately has the talent to do that(the raw talent is there, that's why he was spoken well-of during the draft and that is why many people get fustrated with him as his output does not reflect his talent level), that's undeniable...will he? Who knows, but it's a little comical to see you flip out everytime someone wishes for Andrei to have a good year.

If Andrei avoids a major injury this year, he'll put up 50 easily. He scored as many points as Cammalleri when they both returned from injury(despite Andrei missing more time), yet Andrei gets more flack.

Old
09-06-2010, 10:28 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Well you are getting mad at a poster who said that if he puts up a more consistent effort he would be able to pot the numbers that he mentioned. Andrei definately has the talent to do that(the raw talent is there, that's why he was spoken well-of during the draft and that is why many people get fustrated with him as his output does not reflect his talent level), that's undeniable...will he? Who knows, but it's a little comical to see you flip out everytime someone wishes for Andrei to have a good year.

If Andrei avoids a major injury this year, he'll put up 50 easily. He scored as many points as Cammalleri when they both returned from injury(despite Andrei missing more time), yet Andrei gets more flack.
And it's a little comical to see you flip out every single time I call out someone who, in my opinion, has unrealistic expectations.

Expecting Andrei Kostitsyn to get 70-75 points is completely ridiculous. Weirder things have happened, but it would be considered a huge surprise. I mean, who the hell expects it?

Old
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
PK, Andrei, Carey and Benoit will all deliver.
You seem very confident...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Captain Gorges

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
That Inception video is WILD!
My thoughts exactly ! It's got me all pumped up, can't go to sleep anymore
Props to the maker, and go habs go !

Captain Gorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 01:58 AM
guest1467

:49 of the Inception video where Pouliot, Moen and Lapierre are all looking up at the scoreboard is a great shot.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Andy

Quote:
And it's a little comical to see you flip out every single time I call out someone who, in my opinion, has unrealistic expectations.

Expecting Andrei Kostitsyn to get 70-75 points is completely ridiculous. Weirder things have happened, but it would be considered a huge surprise. I mean, who the hell expects it?
That's the problem, he never said that he expects Andrei to get that. He said he thinks that with his brother gone and if gains more consistency, 30 goals and 70 points isnt that far off. So let's analyze that. If he gains more consistency....hmmm....considering that in the last two seasons he's hit a stretch where he plays for about a PPG clip for 25 games is it really so strange to think that if he does gain more consistency, that it would be possible for him to reach the totals. The guy brought up an if scenario which isn't farfetched considering that the reason most people hate Andrei is because of that very issue, if he's more consistent he would actually produce to his talent.

Read the words people tell you. In his first year produced at a pretty good pace for 55 games, something like 45 points in that span. He started that year slow, but once got hot, stayed even well into the playoffs. In his second year, he had a streak of 30 points in 30 games which ended coincidently the day after the story about him and his bro came out. This year he was on a ppg streak for about 22 games which ended because of an injury. When he came back produced as many points as Cammalleri did in as many games until the end of the year. Also take into account that he had a more serious injury which required surgery which caused him to miss more time.

So back at the original point of the first poster "if he's more consistent he can produce 30 goals and 70 points"...I don't think it's that farfetched...will he do it? I don't know, we'll see.

The same people said if Latendresse stays consistent he could score 30 goals and 70 points, people laughed at that, but now it doesn't seem so crazy anymore since the trade.

Read the words people write and don't respond based on your dislike on a player.

You response claimed that expecting 30 goals and 70 points is ridiculous. Yet the people you responded to never used the word expectations, so why it bothers you is beyond me.

Your dislike for Andrei is well documented on these boards. Before you react on impulse when people speak of him, read what they write and reply accordingly.

Old
09-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

That Cammy playoff goal compilation just gave me an orgasm. This city will fall even more in love with him this season.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 08:58 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Gotta admit he sounds just like Eminem

My bad, not too big on hip hop bro

Punk an' Rock's more my thing.
hah

my bad

for some reason I thought you were talking about the last video posted, the one a few posts above my post. This video has a song from Kanye West.

I just thought it was funny for someone to think that KW was white because I imaged him saying "George Bush doesn't care about white people!" back in 2005

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 09:58 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

just. win. games.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I too like the Inception one, don't remember when the play at 1:05 happened but...do want.
He got a penalty for that.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
IAmCurryman

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed my Inception video! Really love that my video's caught on in the way that it has!

As for Kostitsyn, he was once thought to be the hidden gym of the 2003 draft (a.k.a. the WHY ARE THEY SO GOOD Draft) and people passed on him due to his health. I believe that if Kostitsyn is CONSISTENT, he could potentially score 70 points HOWEVER, I do not expect it (unless he had some sort of an epiphany this off-season). If Andrei could stay healthy and average about .6 pts per game (about 50 or more points), then I'm happy.

Benoit Pouliot on the other hand, is a whole different matter. He has shown flashes of brilliance BUT there's something about him that I believe won't help him. He reminds me way too much of Alex Daigle. It's almost scary.

IAmCurryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post

Gives me chills...

Shouldn't have watched it though, now I can't wait for next season to begin!
Ok... that is awesome!

I remember all of those goals... but am gonna miss you-know-who

Damn he did in the Caps

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote