HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Maybe a flair for the dramatic w/ a bit of CYA in case he's wrong?
I don't get it though. If your credibility isn't on the line (I don't think people give him much credibility - whether or not he deserves to have some is a different issue) then what is the harm in saying "I've been told Brayden Schenn has been injured and there should be more info on that tomorrow"? ****.. you could even be more ambiguous and say "a prospect" or "player within the organization". To be quite honest, the guy basically said nothing. He said we'd find out something today. Well great, we did. Something will happen tomorrow too. I mean where is the "news" in that? That is certainly nothing to get mad about but I don't people one 1)jumping down his throat when you can ignore him and 2) people coming to his defense when there is nothing to defend. The guy is the same as any one of us.

Look, I appreciate all Kings news but I don't get caught up in this guy, eklund or even the other twitter crap because it is enough to make you crazy. There is just so much conflicting information and conjecture. After the whole Kovalchuk thing this year, I'm pretty much not interested in any conjecture anyone has to say. I saw the uproar about CBGB today and was kinda amused by it. I don't think of him as any different from any other poster. The only way I'd know what he was talking about is he or somebody else posts what he says here. The same goes with Eklund. I appreciate if he has information to pass a long or something amusing to say but saying you'll find out something tomorrow is not entertaining nor is it news or breaking story in my opinion.

So... if this is the place to spew nonsense, I think I've found my new home.

With Schenn likely out for most of the season, there are murmurs in the organization that John Zeiler might get a good look in camp for a 4th line spot. I also have heard from people that there might be a trade or a FA depth signing to fill the potential hole in the roster created by the Schenn injury. I should have more from Hammond et al before training camp starts. Stay posted.

Oh and.. I'm hearing A BIG DEAL might go down before camp starts. Think of the color of the sky and Scandinavia. Apple jacks. Captain.. seashell.

Old
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Why would everyone hate on Matt if not for jealousy? Seriously, he does nothing wrong. In fact, he's our most credible poster here. I laugh every time I see him get people worked up. I for one enjoy it.
Something will happen tomorrow.. err.. before training camp. How is my credibility and are you jealous of me yet?

Old
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
riznat

Hey Buddy The Elf... The reason he posts things the way he does is to maximize his hits/money. If he would have posted Schenn's injury yesterday then he would have only gotten 1 new article/tweet out of it. By breaking it up over two days/articles/tweets he is boosting his own financial gain.

EDIT: I believe I am wrong about this particular article, as I don't think he said anything on his site/twitter regarding the bad news that was coming, but the principle remains the same. Don't give all your info at once or else you aren't maximizing what you have.

Old
09-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Schenn and Voynov were on the outside looking in anyways. No reason to rush either player into the lineup. The injury doesn't hurt the Kings too much unless it is a massive knee injury that will take years to rehabilitate and will set him back years.

Greene's injury was bad news, Voynov and Schenn being injured is just news.

Old
09-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Schenn and Voynov were on the outside looking in anyways. No reason to rush either player into the lineup. The injury doesn't hurt the Kings too much unless it is a massive knee injury that will take years to rehabilitate and will set him back years.

Greene's injury was bad news, Voynov and Schenn being injured is just news.
I see what you're saying and it's no immediate blow to the Kings, but our prospects repeatedly getting injured keeps setting them back (in terms of both physical development/maturity and playing time). Have to wonder what the heck is going on

Old
09-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Now that Schenn is hurt, it's time for Trevor Lewis to step up!!!!

*crickets*

Old
09-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I see what you're saying and it's no immediate blow to the Kings, but our prospects repeatedly getting injured keeps setting them back (in terms of both physical development/maturity and playing time). Have to wonder what the heck is going on
Hockey players get hurt. It happens to every team.

Maybe he was hurt getting out of a golf cart...

Old
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I don't get it though. If your credibility isn't on the line (I don't think people give him much credibility - whether or not he deserves to have some is a different issue) then what is the harm in saying "I've been told Brayden Schenn has been injured and there should be more info on that tomorrow"? ****.. you could even be more ambiguous and say "a prospect" or "player within the organization". To be quite honest, the guy basically said nothing. He said we'd find out something today. Well great, we did. Something will happen tomorrow too. I mean where is the "news" in that? .
AMEN!!!! Well said Buddy!

Old
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Hey Buddy The Elf... The reason he posts things the way he does is to maximize his hits/money. If he would have posted Schenn's injury yesterday then he would have only gotten 1 new article/tweet out of it. By breaking it up over two days/articles/tweets he is boosting his own financial gain.

EDIT: I believe I am wrong about this particular article, as I don't think he said anything on his site/twitter regarding the bad news that was coming, but the principle remains the same. Don't give all your info at once or else you aren't maximizing what you have.
If that is the case, all the power to him. I don't even look at hockeybuzz so I only see what is posted here. And that isn't really a slight against hockeybuzz specifically. If that drives up hits, great but then he isn't really even reporting anything that anyone else isn't reporting. He beat Hammond on this by what.. an hour? Big deal. I generally don't give a **** about conjecture at this point. I barely have been aroudn Hammond's blog or this place this summer. You'll notice I haven't posted much in this or any prior rumor or Kovalchuk speculation threads (after the first week of the saga). I was reading this page earlier today and kinda got amused when people were making fun of him because I can certainly see where people are coming from but I just kinda ignore it. I think the only person to actually ever make my ignore list is deeker.

Old
09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Really? Seems like I touched a nerve with someone... I mean, your tone certainly feels angry. If I didn't bother you, you wouldn't reply. But obviously I do bother you otherwise you would have posted the following:
Just because for the first time in my life I'm actually paying attention to you doesn't mean I care about you.

This isn't elementary school. I know you can't tell the difference in people paying attention to you because your annoying and people paying attention because they like you, but lets be clear. You're just some dude who jumps up and down at games. You're instantly forgettable.

Quote:
In anyone's book... that's "bad news". I didn't say "REALLY bad news", just "Bad news". Losing Schenn is "bad news".
The rumors isn't the issue. The pretense, cryptic BS, and all the useless drama is. If you know Schenn got hurt then why not just say it?

The reason why you don't is because you like to pretend to be important and you think people trying to guess what you know makes it real.

Quote:
I tried being "professional". I didn't like it. I like being me and what I do. If you don't, HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON. Be like Hammond? WHY? So that there's TWO people reporting the SAME THING? Passing along that Greene is out or Schenn is out or that Mitchell has signed DOESN'T MATTER?
I do ignore you. You and Eklund are meaningless to me. The problem isn't just your meaningless posts. The problem is the few pages of posts that happen afterward of newbies playing your little game.

Old
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Hockey players get hurt. It happens to every team.

Maybe he was hurt getting out of a golf cart...
Or on an ATV like Sheppard of the Wild who just broke his kneecap and will miss 5 months.

Old
09-08-2010, 05:53 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post

FYI, monies made are donated to the Kings care foundation. I do this for fun

Old
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
You're instantly forgettable.
Instantly? Then why do people keep asking me to "dance"? That was so 2000. Sorry pal, they HAVEN'T forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post

The rumors isn't the issue. The pretense, cryptic BS, and all the useless drama is. If you know Schenn got hurt then why not just say it?
Because MAYBE I have sources I have to protect and MAYBE they don't want me spilling information right away, and MAYBE I want to CONFIRM the story? Hmmmm?

Last edited by Live in the Now: 09-08-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: last two parts are ot
Old
09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
FYI, monies made are donated to the Kings care foundation. I do this for fun
Soooooo.. why exactly do you wait a day in announcing something like this?

Old
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
no name

Quote:
Something will happen tomorrow.. err.. before training camp. How is my credibility and are you jealous of me yet?
He's here defending himself so he posts a blurb to help his credibility and have people constantly checking his site for the news. Double win.

Old
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Alright guys, let's simmer down and get back to talking about hockey. Enough's enough.

If you have any grievances then take it to private messages. Thanks.

Old
09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He's here defending himself so he posts a blurb to help his credibility and have people constantly checking his site for the news. Double win.
Does a message like "bad news tomorrow" give him any more or less credibility? I don't think I've ever checked his site for news. Maybe others are? Now that I know all the revenue is going to charity I'll be over there daily. I'm a bit philanthropic myself.

Old
09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

In some other somewhat Kings related news, former Kings prospect Geordie Wudrick will be attending the Phoenix Coyotes prospects camp as a tryout, and he might get an opportunity to play against his former team.

The Coyotes rookies will also play two exhibition games against the Los Angeles Kings’ rookies on Tuesday, Sept. 14 (6 p.m.) and Wednesday, Sept. 15 (2 p.m.).

Old
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

I am surprised by all of the CBGB anger. I think the guy gets it right quite often. But the thing that surprises me the most is I thought that everyone knew that just because something is rumored to have/be/been happen(ed,ing) doesn't mean that it will.

The rumors that I see CBGB posting are from at least reasonable sources and even up to very solid ones and even then things that are said to be done can fall apart at the last second or, can simply change without any reason in an instant.

I don't think that he has just simply pulled anything out of his tailpipe for the sake of entertaining anyone. I see it more as a case of him being a person who has his ear to the ground (ice?) and listens to what several different sources are saying regarding the Kings.

If he hears something he checks out the credibility of what he has heard and then, if there is anything to it he posts it. I guess I am saying that I see CBGB as being the messenger and why would anyone have any problem with someone who is taking the time and effort to keep others informed about what they are hearing regarding our Kings?

I don't see it as a right/wrong sort of thing, I see it as a here is what I have heard thing sort of thing. The question of credibility depends on your perspective imo. If *you* feel that what has been reported makes sense on any level then *you* can give it credence. If not you don't.

That's the way I see it anyways. Like several other people who post here I hear things at times before they happen and have posted things in the past, some that came to pass and some that didn't but whatever happened, I still heard what I heard. I guess I would provide the same disclaimer for CBGB as I do for myself, *take it with a grain of salt* or *since I am posting it its probably bull but...*.

The only difference is that CBGB goes allot further than I do to verify what he hears before he posts it.

I don't mean to sound like I am all about CBGB or anyone else here, its just that I have a hard time seeing where anyone cares enough about what they read on the internet to actually get angry or upset about it.

It isn't like he or anyone else here is claiming to be a credential carrying news agent. If he (or anyone else for that sake) was then we would know for certain that it is all B.S. (or fair and balanced, you choose).

Brayden Schenn being inured is actually a pretty big problem imo. If he doesn't recover quickly we may not have the choice but to send him back to Jr's and that could be problematic with his entire future let alone our needs for this season.

VV has me asking a question and I thought I would ask here to see if anyone else has checked but does his injury change the time table that he has set about returning home to the KHL? It had sure better or its see ya VV for my money.

Oh well. Medford Oregon tonight, Seattle tomorrow gawd I hate the road.

Old
09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Brayden Schenn being inured is actually a pretty big problem imo. If he doesn't recover quickly we may not have the choice but to send him back to Jr's and that could be problematic with his entire future let alone our needs for this season.
How does playing in the Juniors for another year become a problem for his career? The kid is like 18? Development in the juniors is hardly going to stunt his progress. Losing Schenn isnt a problem for the team next year, since i dont think there would have been much of a difference between Richardson or Schenn at 4th line centre, losing the year of experience will only hurt if he need to replace Handzus and come straight into the 2nd line in 11-12

Old
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

It is a big problem considering that he has had a couple of serious injuries already and with the way that things are structured he can't go to the AHL as an option so would likely end up regaining his stride in jr's.

There is such a thing as developmental lag. Ask around the NHL and you will hear scouts/gm's and coaches talk about it. A player who gets stuck at a certain level of their development due to numbers when they have nothing left to prove there can actually back slip in their skills. Some famous kids have gone from hero to zero as a result of this.

Without the injury, if BS came to camp and either didn't make the team or did well enough to wear he was given his handful of games try out and then was returned to jr's wouldn't be a big deal. It wouldn't be ideal imo but not a big deal.

With his injury it complicates what we will/can do with him upon his return. That is what I was referring to,

Old
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
With Schenn likely out for most of the season, there are murmurs in the organization that John Zeiler might get a good look in camp for a 4th line spot. I also have heard from people that there might be a trade or a FA depth signing to fill the potential hole in the roster created by the Schenn injury. I should have more from Hammond et al before training camp starts. Stay posted.
Oh god NNOOOO!!!!! Not Zeiler, anyone but Zeiler! When he got sent down last year I was estatic that I'd never have to see him again... and now this...

Old
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Johnny Utah

Well if Schenn is out 5 months, he won't be playing till Jan then in April-May he could be eligible to play for the Monarchs so that's not bad...

Old
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

That would be true and great point JU.

IF he returns and is available for the AHL then it could actually be a win for us in the end providing that BS isn't weakened overall by this latest injury that is.

Meanwhile, have you heard that one of our kids has been training in Santa Monica with one of the Gracies? That has to make a knuckler like you feel good JU, it does me.

I don't know how it could hurt the toughness of a scapper by knowing how to get beat on by one of the mma guys for a summer. Learning how to land that sweet spot punch could make for some interesting bouts next season.

Old
09-08-2010, 11:08 PM
johnjm22

I think you have be at least 20 years old, or play 4 seasons in the CHL to be eligible for the AHL. Brayden is currently 19, and his birthday is in August.

Closed Thread