HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beer Thread II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2010, 11:55 AM
  #76
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Some recent beverages I've sampled.

The Fullers 1845 and the Three Philosophers (has cherry overtones) are the best of the group.

The Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter was good and smokey, Close but not as good as the Stone Porter

The LA CHOUFFE was a good golden ales, if you like that, but I'm tending toward the browns and reds these days, Ales that is!

The Wilco Tango Foxtrot was ok, more gimmick in name than taste in beer although it was drinkable, but not worth searching out

see additional pictures in post below


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 12:04 PM
  #77
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
additional beers referenced above


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:34 PM
  #78
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Did some shopping today...

Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout -- I've had this before, and I ****ing love it.


Rogue Dead Guy Ale


La Roja Artisan Amber Ale


Arcadia Shipwreck Porter


Dogfish Head Sah'tea -- had this before too, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on it.


Shipyard Pumpkin Head -- a Maine microbrewery classic, and it's a great autumn beer. Tastes of rich pumpkin pie and cinnamon.


Paulaner Salvator -- I've seen this one mentioned on here before, so I figured I'd have to give it a shot.


Ayinger Oktoberfest -- the clerk at the store said this one was amazing.


Dogfish Head Midas Touch


Dogfish Head Immort Ale -- I believe someone recommended this one to me on here, and I finally found it.


I can't wait to crack into all of these babies.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:36 PM
  #79
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Also bought one of these:



I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

Dogfish Head Sah'tea -- had this before too, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on it.

Haha so apparently I really recommend the Sah'tea!

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:18 AM
  #80
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Did some shopping today...

Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout -- I've had this before, and I ****ing love it.


Rogue Dead Guy Ale


La Roja Artisan Amber Ale


Arcadia Shipwreck Porter


Dogfish Head Sah'tea -- had this before too, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on it.


Shipyard Pumpkin Head -- a Maine microbrewery classic, and it's a great autumn beer. Tastes of rich pumpkin pie and cinnamon.


Paulaner Salvator -- I've seen this one mentioned on here before, so I figured I'd have to give it a shot.


Ayinger Oktoberfest -- the clerk at the store said this one was amazing.


Dogfish Head Midas Touch


Dogfish Head Immort Ale -- I believe someone recommended this one to me on here, and I finally found it.


I can't wait to crack into all of these babies.
Sam Smiths oatmeal is one of my alllll time favs. Just had a Sam adams Pumkpin ale, tasted like i was eating pumpkin pie. Deeeeeeeeeeeelicious

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:18 AM
  #81
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Yeah shopping for beer really sucks. Of course it doesnt help that they opened a BevMo 50 yards from my office. I picked up some Sam Adams Honey Porter thinking it might be really good. Its just OK. Not heavy for a Porter but no sweetness at all. (I thought Honey . . .) Tastes alright but I've got some extra if ya' want 'em!

I also made some other acquisitions yesterday that I will begin popping open this weekend.

From Left to right:

Sierra Nevada -- Tumbler
Reaper Ale -- Redemption Red
Anderson Valley Brewing Company -- Boont Amber
Sierra Nevada -- Sierra 30th Anniversary
Reaper Ale -- Mortality Stout
Brother Thelonious (one damn fine Ale)

BEER IS GOOD

GOOD BEER IS GREAT

GREAT BEER IS GOD


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:22 AM
  #82
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
Sam Smiths oatmeal is one of my alllll time favs. Just had a Sam adams Pumkpin ale, tasted like i was eating pumpkin pie. Deeeeeeeeeeeelicious
I once saw a comedian who did a whole routine worked up around pumpkin pie. Said he had a red headed girlfriend who claimed her ***** tasted like pumpkin pie. Then he said he "aint never had no pumpkin pie."

Dont know where I was going with that, but . . . .

Maybe thats telling me I need another beer!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:52 AM
  #83
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Yeah shopping for beer really sucks. Of course it doesnt help that they opened a BevMo 50 yards from my office. I picked up some Sam Adams Honey Porter thinking it might be really good. Its just OK. Not heavy for a Porter but no sweetness at all. (I thought Honey . . .) Tastes alright but I've got some extra if ya' want 'em!

I also made some other acquisitions yesterday that I will begin popping open this weekend.

From Left to right:

Sierra Nevada -- Tumbler
Reaper Ale -- Redemption Red
Anderson Valley Brewing Company -- Boont Amber
Sierra Nevada -- Sierra 30th Anniversary
Reaper Ale -- Mortality Stout
Brother Thelonious (one damn fine Ale)

BEER IS GOOD

GOOD BEER IS GREAT

GREAT BEER IS GOD
I bought the Tumbler last weekend and I really enjoyed it. Very solid brown ale. I've had the Boont Amber before, and I feel like it was excellent as well (as far as I can remember).

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 07:22 PM
  #84
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Drinkin this right now after a ****** day at work. ****in amazing beer! 11% alcohol too.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 09:49 AM
  #85
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
Drinkin this right now after a ****** day at work. ****in amazing beer! 11% alcohol too.
Where did you find that? Me wants some.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 03:01 PM
  #86
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Where did you find that? Me wants some.
A little dairy/ gas station by my house. Ive never even seen it at bevmo before. It was amazing.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:41 PM
  #87
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I miss three sheets.


Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
  #88
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
A little dairy/ gas station by my house. Ive never even seen it at bevmo before. It was amazing.
Buy a couple extra bottles and bring one to a game in the not too distant future. I gotta try me some of that stuff. They didnt have that on tap (or in bottles) when we were at the Stone Brewery about two months ago.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 01:54 AM
  #89
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Buy a couple extra bottles and bring one to a game in the not too distant future. I gotta try me some of that stuff. They didnt have that on tap (or in bottles) when we were at the Stone Brewery about two months ago.
damn i guess i stumbled upon a diamond in the rough then. Ill try and pick some up before theyre gone.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 09:07 AM
  #90
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 863

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:01 AM
  #91
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I was thinking about buying that. Is it worth it?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM
  #92
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I was thinking about buying that. Is it worth it?
Hells Yes!

It's the best beer I've had from DFH. The Chocolate/Cocoa finish is perfect.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
  #93
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Hells Yes!

It's the best beer I've had from DFH. The Chocolate/Cocoa finish is perfect.
I'm going to buy one tonight then. I've been eyeing it at the local beer shop these past couple weeks, but it sounds pretty eccentric.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:13 PM
  #94
fyrescorp
Registered User
 
fyrescorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Latecomer to the beer thread. Where is Pacifico stacking up in the minds of the HF Kings board beer drinkers? Personaly, I love it.

If I'm going for efficiency, though, I can't beat Tanqueray.
Pacifico always reminds me of fishing in Las Palms. Really Good Times!

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:25 PM
  #95
fyrescorp
Registered User
 
fyrescorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Pacifico always reminds me of fishing in Las Palmas. Really Good Times!
One day my son and I were Dorado and Tuna fishing in Las Palmas and by the third day we were tired of beer and asked for water only (it was around 105 degrees). About 20 miles out we opened the ice chest and found 24 Pacificos and no water. There must have been some pissed off guys in another boat.

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
  #96
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
On a beautiful afternoon, I'm just hanging with the Brothers,



Brother Thelonious that is


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:02 PM
  #97
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I was thinking about buying that. Is it worth it?
One of the few beers on my list of "do not like"

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
  #98
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
One of the few beers on my list of "do not like"
That list is growing for me. It's unfortunate that I can no longer drink just average beer without longing for something really good. Well, I guess its not that unfortunate.

As an example, sitting at the ESPN Zone last night (because the Yardhouse was mobbed, (who the hell is Lady Antebellum anyway?)) I was limited in my choices to Newcastle, Bass, Stella, and Guiness.) I chose Newcastle. Yet, What I really wanted was a Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale or a Stone Arrogant *******.

I made up for it with some Brother Thelonious today. Maybe top it off with a New Begium Brewery 1554, a Dark Ale thats far lighter than Stouts or Porters. . . .
Porters . . . hmmm. . . seems to me I may still have a St. Peter's Porter hidden in the back of the fridge. Maybe I'll take that instead.

"Ah, choices!" Its always a good day, when I get to play hockey and drink some good beers.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:18 AM
  #99
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500

If any of you ever find yourselves in Wisconsin... Probably the most amazing local brewery I've ever tried beers from. Spotted Cow and Road Slush are my favorites but I've never had a bad beer by them. Also to Chazz: Try Hoegarden if you haven't already, it puts the Pumpkinhead to shame and it's not a seasonal...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:21 AM
  #100
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

If any of you ever find yourselves in Wisconsin... Probably the most amazing local brewery I've ever tried beers from. Spotted Cow and Road Slush are my favorites but I've never had a bad beer by them. Also to Chazz: Try Hoegarden if you haven't already, it puts the Pumpkinhead to shame and it's not a seasonal...
I've had Hoegarden before. Definitely a great beer.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.