HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you guys hate Dan Ellis?

Old
09-09-2010, 09:21 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Was anything he said really that bad or untrue?
since you are going to be a Richard Noggin about it then I'll answer in kind.

Yes, it was untrue. There were maybe 2000 fans at the Vancouver event and on our worst nights in November we typicall have at least 10 to 11 thousand in attendance. I know you will say that makes his point but you didnt ask if he had a point, you asked if it was true.

And yes it was "bad" because he acted like he loved nashville while he was here and then immediately takes a potshot as soon as he is gone so that makes him a hypocrite, which is generally regarded as "bad"

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
since you are going to be a Richard Noggin about it then I'll answer in kind.

Yes, it was untrue. There were maybe 2000 fans at the Vancouver event and on our worst nights in November we typicall have at least 10 to 11 thousand in attendance. I know you will say that makes his point but you didnt ask if he had a point, you asked if it was true.

And yes it was "bad" because he acted like he loved nashville while he was here and then immediately takes a potshot as soon as he is gone so that makes him a hypocrite, which is generally regarded as "bad"
Wow...Very mature of you. I was actually asking in earnest.

First off I meant, was it really untrue that he was happy going to a place where he wouldn't be anonymous?

Yeah, he took a shot...a weak one...but why would that anger fans. Its not your fault that your community isn't fully aware of the glory that is ice hockey and its not like he said he hated it in Nashville.
I really didn't find it any worse then when Naslund left Vancouver whining.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:11 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Wow...Very mature of you. I was actually asking in earnest.

First off I meant, was it really untrue that he was happy going to a place where he wouldn't be anonymous?

Yeah, he took a shot...a weak one...but why would that anger fans. Its not your fault that your community isn't fully aware of the glory that is ice hockey and its not like he said he hated it in Nashville.
I really didn't find it any worse then when Naslund left Vancouver whining.
ok, my apologies for misunderstanding you. We are used to snide remarks from our northern neighbors regarding our attendance so I took you wrong, and that is also the reason why Hammers comment made us so mad. In that one remark he gave legitimacy to the biggest argument that Canadian 'hockey elitists" have always used to say that Nashville doesnt deserve a team, we should be relocated, contracted, etc.

Old
09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
ok, my apologies for misunderstanding you. We are used to snide remarks from our northern neighbors regarding our attendance so I took you wrong, and that is also the reason why Hammers comment made us so mad. In that one remark he gave legitimacy to the biggest argument that Canadian 'hockey elitists" have always used to say that Nashville doesnt deserve a team, we should be relocated, contracted, etc.
Hmm...Understood. Thats probably pretty rough.

I've actually always really liked Nashville.
I honestly never had a qualm with you guys mostly for the fact the you always seemed to beat us, so how could I argue you don't deserve a team lol.

It seemed more like an offhand comment about the energy that he was getting from only 2000 hockey insane fans, but none the less I can see how it would effect you guys and maybe it could have been avoided.

Old
09-09-2010, 10:43 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Hmm...Understood. Thats probably pretty rough.

I've actually always really liked Nashville.
I honestly never had a qualm with you guys mostly for the fact the you always seemed to beat us, so how could I argue you don't deserve a team lol.

It seemed more like an offhand comment about the energy that he was getting from only 2000 hockey insane fans, but none the less I can see how it would effect you guys and maybe it could have been avoided.
the better way to say what he may have meant would have been to say something like "Nashville has some great fans but this is canada and nothing compares", or something like that

or even "Nashville fans are great they just need more of them" would have been reasonable.

Old
09-09-2010, 10:47 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
the better way to say what he may have meant would have been to say something like "Nashville has some great fans but this is canada and nothing compares", or something like that

or even "Nashville fans are great they just need more of them" would have been reasonable.
True. If only though.

Old
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

back to Dan Ellis...

McCann's blog http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-...Signs/24/30074

basically says Ellis was just messing with everyone like he did back when he tweeted that he had been bitten by a deer

just goes to show how things can get outta hand with the interwebs these days..

Old
09-09-2010, 11:42 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
back to Dan Ellis...

McCann's blog http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-...Signs/24/30074

basically says Ellis was just messing with everyone like he did back when he tweeted that he had been bitten by a deer

just goes to show how things can get outta hand with the interwebs these days..
I'll be honest, I don't believe it. The tone of Ellis' posts changed after the contract with TB. Before then, Ellis was playful in an innocent silly kind of way. Whereas after the contract signing there was a deeper tone to his thoughts. Between the end of the season and the signing, there was humility and fear, an understanding he might not have a job. Signing the contract, he relaxed and showed some of his true nature. Just as Abe Lincoln said, we all have our "Darker angels."

I really didn't give a **** about Ellis' comments. All people complain. Everyone's complaints are selfish to a degree. It's our actions to other people's complaints that define you. I've had a year from hell but I understand there are people who are worse off. Even with my own personal pain I try. This year has taught me who my friends are and I'm trying to move forward. Ellis had a right to complain but social media changes with your social status.

We all fall into a trap where we think if someone is following you on twitter they must be a friend. "OH look! I have 12K followers on twitter! I have a lot of friends!" but the shear fact is being a clown teaches you that if someone pays attention to you it just means you are interesting not popular. The secret is to not give a damn and try the best you can to follow what God gave you, your heart and your mind.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
dulzhok

I don't believe in psychoanalyzing someone from their twitter account

He complained about escrow. He said he got a Jaguar. So what? He's a hockey player, and I really don't care what it does or thinks, as long as its not illegal or hurting someone. Even if some Nashville fans don't like his comments, so what? It's not like he's running for office and has to get everyone's vote. His "approval rating" will be based on how many pucks he stops, not what cars he drives.

Same goes for Hamhuis. I seriously doubt it was his intentions to say anything snide about Nashville. He was merely explaining why he was excited to play in Vancouver, which happens to be the team that forked over 20 million for him. But again, he's not a politician seeking to get votes. He's a hockey player. It's not like he said he hated playing in Nashville-- in fact I know otherwise.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:08 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hamhuis also spoke well about Nashville's fans after the trade. I think his comment was taking out of context and was more of a compliment to Vancouver than a knock on Nashville.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote