HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Schenn Injured Knee / No Damage / Day-to-Day

Old
09-09-2010, 03:26 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
According to CBGB, there's another player that's hurt.
Better now than during the middle of the season right?

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:40 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
You don't join you get invited.
You don't get invited, you get told.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Maybe it isn't as bad as we think?

http://thejuniorreport.com/2010/09/0...to-kings-camp/

Quote:
The young center, the Kings’ fifth overall selection in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, left Brandon “after tweaking his knee during practice on Tuesday afternoon at Westman Place”, according to the Western Hockey League club.

The fifth overall selection in the 2009 draft in Montreal, Schenn leaves Brandon after tweaking his knee during practice on Tuesday afternoon at Westman Place. As a result, the 19-year old Saskatoon product did not skate on Wednesday and will have his knee evaluated in Los Angeles on Thursday. He is now scheduled to receive an MRI on Thursday in L.A., at which time further details on the extent of the injury are expected to be available.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Schenn was supposed to have a solid shot at making the big club. Now he won't be playing in the NHL or juniors.

There's always the bright side of things. This way, Lewis and Cliche have a greater chance of succeeding in the NHL.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
So with all these prospects getting hurt is it a training thing or just kings luck??

It's that freakin' Gretzky statue. Tear it down!

Old
09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

CBGB said on LGK "you'll know who it is when he doesn't show up for camp." My guess is another young guy competing for a roster spot.

I just figure that even injured guys who are "locks" will be there.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
CBGB said on LGK "you'll know who it is when he doesn't show up for camp." My guess is another young guy competing for a roster spot.

So, is CBGB "sleeping around" with a few of the Kings training staff/team physicians?

Old
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
So, is CBGB "sleeping around" with a few of the Kings training staff/team physicians?
Who the heck knows?

All I know is he has been spot-on with injuries, and not much else.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

oh so we dont even know how bad Schenn's injury is yet? It could be just a couple of weeks hes out?

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:49 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
You don't get invited, you get told.
Well yeah, if you don't accept the invitation you sleep with the fishes of course.

But this little think we have is good.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Gives you a good idea where Barry's source works.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 11:19 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Gives you a good idea where Barry's source works.
I think it's a male nurse.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Hipfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
oh so we dont even know how bad Schenn's injury is yet? It could be just a couple of weeks hes out?
We have no idea how long he's out - it could honestly just be a tweak or a strain, but it was serious enough for the team to warrant an MRI for him in LA. (granted if he was to wait his turn for an MRI in Canada he'd be 22 before he got in....)

Who started this "5 months" talk? Maybe if it's a ligament tear, yes, but this just might be 2-4 weeks or he might even be on the ice in days.

Hipfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 12:20 PM
santiclaws

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/knee...clinjury_2.htm

Quote:
Treatment of a medial collateral ligament injury rarely requires surgical intervention. Almost always, some simple treatment steps, along with rehabilitation, will allow patients to resume their previous level of activity. The time before an athlete is able to return to their sport corresponds to the grade of the injury.
Grade I MCL Tears

Grade I sprains of the MCL usually resolve within a few weeks. Treatment consists of:
Resting from activity
Icing the injury
Anti-inflammatory medications
Most patients with a grade I MCL tear will be able to return to sports within 1-2 weeks following their injury.
Grade II MCL Tears

When a grade II MCL sprain occurs, use of a hinged knee brace is common in early treatment. Athletes with a grade II injury can return to activity once they are not having pain over the MCL. Patients with a grade II injury often return to sports within 3-4 weeks after their injury.
Grade III MCL Tears

When a grade III injury occurs, patients usually wear a knee immobilizer and protect weight-bearing (crutches) for the first week to 10 days following injury. Patients should remove the immobilizer several times a day to work on bending their knee. After that time, the patient can begin wearing a hinged knee brace, and can begin to increase their range of motion in the knee. They can apply more weight to the knee as pain allows.
Once the patient can flex the knee at least to 100 degrees, they may begin riding a stationary bicycle. The crutches can be discontinued one the patient is able to walk without limping. Jogging can begin once the patient has regained 60% of their quadriceps strength (compared to the opposite side), and agility drills can begin one they have regained 80% of their strength. Complete rehab from a grade III MCL tear can take 3-4 months.

Is surgery ever needed for a MCL tear?
Some surgeons describe a so-called grade IV injury to the medial collateral ligament. This is also called a medial column injury, and involves injury to more ligaments than just the MCL. Whether or not to repair the MCL, even in these settings, is controversial. Some doctors prefer to allow all MCL injuries to heal without surgery, and some prefer to repair these most significant injuries to the MCL. No significant difference has been demonstrated in these patients.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
There's always the bright side of things. This way, Lewis and Cliche have a greater chance of succeeding in the NHL.
Is there a player named Clark available that the Kings can sign or trade for?

Every time I scan past this post all I see is "Lewis and Clark".....

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipfan View Post
We have no idea how long he's out - it could honestly just be a tweak or a strain, but it was serious enough for the team to warrant an MRI for him in LA. (granted if he was to wait his turn for an MRI in Canada he'd be 22 before he got in....)

Who started this "5 months" talk? Maybe if it's a ligament tear, yes, but this just might be 2-4 weeks or he might even be on the ice in days.
Just because he is having an MRI in L.A doesn't necessarily mean that it's a serious injury. The MRI could be a precautionary step to make sure that he's ready to go and that there is no serious damage to the knee that may jeopardize his long term health.

Regardless no one could ever know the status of his injury until the actual MRI results are in. I personally think it's a tweak, if it happened two days before he was scheduled to be in L.A then I believe the MRI is just a precaution to make sure he's ready to go in camp.

Take my opinion as a grain of salt.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Sounds to be minor. From the LA Times:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...l-hockey-.html

Quote:
"I think it's pretty minor, just tweaked his knee in practice (Tuesday) and didn't skate (Wednesday)," McCrimmon said. "And he was scheduled to fly to L.A. (today), so they will pick up on it there."
Quote:
While Schenn was unavailable for comment, his father Jeff confirmed via telephone from Saskatoon that an MRI is scheduled for today, but also described the injury as minor and doesn't believe any surgery will be required.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:14 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Sounds to be minor. From the LA Times:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...l-hockey-.html
sounds better then 3-5 months, gotta wait till the timetable is confirmed though.

Old
09-09-2010, 02:27 PM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
sounds better then 3-5 months, gotta wait till the timetable is confirmed though.
If this is the case, I don't think the timetable would be long at all, I would say 1 week maybe 2 at the most. I wouldn't be surprised if it were only a few days maybe less.

Nice avatar btw

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
If this is the case, I don't think the timetable would be long at all, I would say 1 week maybe 2 at the most. I wouldn't be surprised if it were only a few days maybe less.

Nice avatar btw
yup and love your avatar as well haha

Old
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
What exactly do you expect of Stoll? He was the 2nd line center on a 100 pt team. He was on the 2nd line center on a team that went to the Cup Finals. But apparently hes only a 3rd line center.

Why is it unreasonable? You know what kind of performance he would have to put up to displace Stoll and at 19? Too many of you are putting too much on Schenn doing so much at a young age. Him not being on the team this year isnt going to make the team worse.
Stoll at 16 goals and 31 assists. Are those second-line center numbers on a good team? The Kings had 101 points in spite of Stoll. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but we need a serious upgrade.

Ideally we'd sign or trade for a stop-gap at the second-line position but I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect Schenn to get similar or better numbers to Stoll.

Lombardi has also said he wouldn't put Schenn on the fourth line so that point is moot.

KingsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCast View Post
Stoll at 16 goals and 31 assists. Are those second-line center numbers on a good team?
... Stoll was 5th among L.A. forwards in scoring.

He would have been 3rd among Phoenix forwards in scoring, and Phoenix finished better than the Kings did. He would have been 3rd among Detroit forwards in scoring, and Detroit finished better. He would have been 5th among New Jersey forwards in scoring, and New Jersey finished better. He would have been 5th among Chicago forwards in scoring, and Chicago finished better.

To say that the Kings need a "serious upgrade" at that position is just typical message board hyberbole. Stoll brings decent scoring to the 2nd line, and scoring is just one of the several qualities he brings to the table, as he excels at faceoffs and physical play and provides above-average defense. Stoll and O'Donnell were the two most underrated players on the Kings team last season.

As for the topic, once we know the true severity of the injury, then it's fine to speculate. But to say this is a crushing blow to the Kings is, once again, typical message board hyperbole and drama for drama's sake.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
onlyalad

Hey maybe they let will all the prospects go to Hockey Fest 2010 and we can play Operation with them.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCast View Post
Stoll at 16 goals and 31 assists. Are those second-line center numbers on a good team? The Kings had 101 points in spite of Stoll. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but we need a serious upgrade.

Ideally we'd sign or trade for a stop-gap at the second-line position but I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect Schenn to get similar or better numbers to Stoll.

Lombardi has also said he wouldn't put Schenn on the fourth line so that point is moot.
He was fifth in scoring among forwards on the Kings. He would've been fifth in scoring among forwards for the Hawks. Third for Detroit. Third for Phoenix. Tied for fourth for the Flyers. Fifth for the Devils. Fourth for the Penguins.

Yeah, he sucks.

EDIT: Ooops, I see I got beaten to it.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Stoll was 5th among L.A. forwards in scoring.

He would have been 3rd among Phoenix forwards in scoring, and Phoenix finished better than the Kings did. He would have been 3rd among Detroit forwards in scoring, and Detroit finished better. He would have been 5th among New Jersey forwards in scoring, and New Jersey finished better. He would have been 5th among Chicago forwards in scoring, and Chicago finished better.

To say that the Kings need a "serious upgrade" at that position is just typical message board hyberbole. Stoll brings decent scoring to the 2nd line, and scoring is just one of the several qualities he brings to the table, as he excels at faceoffs and physical play and provides above-average defense. Stoll and O'Donnell were the two most underrated players on the Kings team last season.

As for the topic, once we know the true severity of the injury, then it's fine to speculate. But to say this is a crushing blow to the Kings is, once again, typical message board hyperbole and drama for drama's sake.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote