HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN Keeper Fantasy Hockey League (EKFHL) Season 1

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
DFF, if we go with 30 seconds each pick, which I'm leaning toward, I would push the start time back to 7 or 8PM EST.
That's prefect. I am stoked. I've never been in a league where everyone really pays attention. Usually by March it's me and one other person fighting for first place.

Old
09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Yea draft times at night are definitely better. 30 seconds is fine, with 20 people it gives you enough time in between picks, and if you just queue it up based on who you want it won't really be an issue.
That's what I was thinking. I feel bad for whoever gets first or last pick though (jinx). You're looking at roughly a 20 minute wait between your 2 picks.

Old
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That's prefect. I am stoked. I've never been in a league where everyone really pays attention. Usually by March it's me and one other person fighting for first place.
We'll see how that goes, I'm willing to bet a few people lose interest. But I have the option to dump people and replace them with other owners, so I've got ways to handle it.

Old
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
sunday may not work for me. but if its the day everyone can do then its cool with me. I will try to find someone to cover me at work.

Old
09-07-2010, 10:15 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
sunday may not work for me. but if its the day everyone can do then its cool with me. I will try to find someone to cover me at work.
Sorry dude, Sunday seems to be the day, especially with everyone responding that that works for them. Gotta go with a day that people generally don't work on, and at night.

If you can't make it, go in and set up the draft rankings the way you want it beforehand so you'll be more inclined to get the players you want, if you miss the draft.

Old
09-07-2010, 10:27 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Sorry dude, Sunday seems to be the day, especially with everyone responding that that works for them. Gotta go with a day that people generally don't work on, and at night.

If you can't make it, go in and set up the draft rankings the way you want it beforehand so you'll be more inclined to get the players you want, if you miss the draft.
nah man, no worries. im probably going to switch with the morning shift and get out at 3. ill have plenty of time. if for some reason he can't do that ill set my draft up and just do I the way you said it. plus im sure I'll make some trades down the road.

Old
09-07-2010, 11:19 AM
flyersguy33*

everything is fine by me

Old
09-07-2010, 11:23 AM
McNasty

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. I feel bad for whoever gets first or last pick though (jinx). You're looking at roughly a 20 minute wait between your 2 picks.
Eh in a keeper league being last can be a real advantage.

Old
09-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Sunday is great for me to draft. I am working, so the earlier the better. 7 p.m. is great, so is 5. Any later than 7 will be a problem for me. Also, I'm good with either 30 or 60 seconds. You don't have to take all 60 seconds to pick, though I know team owners in other leagues who do.

Old
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Eh in a keeper league being last can be a real advantage.
How so?

Old
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
How so?
In this case you get two Top 25 players. There's no guarantee that say, over the course of the year, the 1st and 40th players total points will be as good as the 20th and 21st. I would lean more to the 20th and 21st.

Also, McNasty, when I meant it sucked, I meant in the sense of timely picking. I know ADD would kick in if that's me.

Old
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Richyrich

Sunday only works for me if it's around 9pm or later. Other wise it has to be during the week...

My soccer team is fighting for the playoffs so I can't really miss a game. I think this weeks game is 3pm. so this sunday could work. But I'm not entirely sure

Old
09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
Sunday only works for me if it's around 9pm or later. Other wise it has to be during the week...

My soccer team is fighting for the playoffs so I can't really miss a game. I think this weeks game is 3pm. so this sunday could work. But I'm not entirely sure
Sorry to say, but it looks like most people are pushing for 7PM. I can maybe say 8PM but I have work the next day, as do many others. I suggest the same thing...rank your players as necessary, and maybe you can come back and catch the 2nd half.

Old
09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Richyrich

Quote:
Sorry to say, but it looks like most people are pushing for 7PM. I can maybe say 8PM but I have work the next day, as do many others. I suggest the same thing...rank your players as necessary, and maybe you can come back and catch the 2nd half.
That should be fine. I think it's an afternon game, but the latest game the league would schedule is 7pm. If I can't make it I'll just pre-rank

Old
09-07-2010, 03:02 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

League is officially full. 20 teams in. 4 divisions of 5 each, listed in the first post.

Tentative date for draft is Sept 19 @ 7PM, I'll schedule it when I get home.

Old
09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
League is officially full. 20 teams in. 4 divisions of 5 each, listed in the first post.

Tentative date for draft is Sept 19 @ 7PM, I'll schedule it when I get home.
Sunday's are usually my closing night at work. There's no way I can get out of it either. I work 6-10...

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
09-07-2010, 07:28 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Sunday's are usually my closing night at work. There's no way I can get out of it either. I work 6-10...
Like I said earlier, sorry dude, can't please all 20 people.

Old
09-07-2010, 07:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Im good for Sunday at 7

Old
09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
BringBackZherdev*

Sunday should be good for me

Old
09-09-2010, 04:32 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

FYI, any recommendations to rule changes, speak now or forever hold your peace. Best to do it now while we're waiting for the draft.

An idea I had was at the end of the season, the bottom 8 teams have the right to request a "transfer" to another division. Their new division would be done on a case by case basis based on number of total requests. Good idea, bad idea?

Old
09-09-2010, 04:38 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
do it

Old
09-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
FYI, any recommendations to rule changes, speak now or forever hold your peace. Best to do it now while we're waiting for the draft.

An idea I had was at the end of the season, the bottom 8 teams have the right to request a "transfer" to another division. Their new division would be done on a case by case basis based on number of total requests. Good idea, bad idea?
I like this. But you can't bounce out of a division the division champs. They've got to be able to defend their titles.

Old
09-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

I really like that idea. Keeps the league fresh.

As long as the commissioner gets to decide who goes where (so that no division gets too weak or too stacked) then I don't see a problem with it.

Old
09-09-2010, 07:05 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
I like this. But you can't bounce out of a division the division champs. They've got to be able to defend their titles.
Well it's only for the 8 teams that don't make the playoffs. If you make the playoffs, tough. But if you make the playoffs you probably won't want to change the division anyway. That way, say that you're last in your division but the other 4 teams make the playoffs (tough division), it gives you the chance to bail and try somewhere else. But in that situation, if say 2 people want out, the other team may move into a tougher division. Lots of strategy involved. Essentially we can swap things around accordingly as long as 2 of the 8 teams want to transfer.

Old
09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I really like that idea. Keeps the league fresh.

As long as the commissioner gets to decide who goes where (so that no division gets too weak or too stacked) then I don't see a problem with it.
I don't think I'll point someone specifically somewhere, because since we only keep 5 of our 19 players, we can suck one year and dominate the next, so I'll likely keep it random.

Closed Thread