HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Tickets Discussion (23% increase)

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2010, 09:36 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
hey i need alittle help with stubhub

it say i need to upload the PDF files but how do i do that from the subscriber website? thanks
can any1 help please

Old
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
mucker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
This is very simple. The Rangers, Knicks, MSG and Dolan are all EXTREMELY dishonest across the board. They don't care about you as a customer and never will until there is real outrage among the fan base. The Rangers will have tickets on ticketmaster five minutes before the puck drops, but still show a sellout. Call for an upgrade and you might get one, but you won't get the best available seats as they often hold those back. There is zero respect for their fan base, only for their executive clients. And they try to lie and con their executive clients all the time too. The organization has no integrity and that comes from the top. Jim Dolan is one of they scummiest human beings alive. He has no ethics, values or integrity. Anyone in the cable business can confirm that...
1) The Knicks claimed to have sold STH...yet NYR still lists them on them website.
So...did the Knicks sell out..and if so...why haven't we?
What gives?
Is NY just more of a hoops town...it wasn't long ago (2-3 years) we had a wait list.

2) HOW can JD have tickets available 5 mins before face off and claim 18200 sell out?
How?
If that were the case, then wouldn't every team sell out every game?

3) Why is it we sold out all games BUT the blizzard game, and we had only 13000?
Usually when you come close to full sell outs, you never are more than 500 short, so can how the 1 non sellout be 5K short?

Old
09-04-2010, 10:08 PM
nyrleetch

WHY ARE TICKETS SO EXPENSIVE!!!!

Yes im yelling as well lol

Old
09-05-2010, 07:28 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenIceAge View Post
1) The Knicks claimed to have sold STH...yet NYR still lists them on them website.
What gives?
Is NY just more of a hoops town...it wasn't long ago (2-3 years) we had a wait list.

2) HOW can JD have tickets available 5 mins before face off and claim 18200 sell out?
How?

3) Why is it we sold out all games BUT the blizzard game, and we had only 13000?
Usually when you come close to full sell outs, you never are more than 500 short, so can how the 1 non sellout be 5K short?
1) Yes, there are more Knicks fans than Rangers fans. The difference is the Rangers fan base I believe, is much more hardcore than the Knicks base.

2) They are required to hold a certain amount of tickets back for players, league officials, team/league employees, etc. If those tickets do not get claimed, they put them out for sale to the public. EVERY team does it.

3) Not sure which blizzard game you are referring.

Old
09-05-2010, 08:25 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenIceAge View Post
What gives?

How?

The Knicks sold out on the PROSPECT of getting Lebron. People bought tickets hoping Lebron would come, and if he did, they would sell every ticket for a massive profit. Only reason.

The Rangers always have and always will have a more loyal support base. There are less of us, but we care more.

Old
09-05-2010, 08:37 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
The Knicks sold out on the PROSPECT of getting Lebron. People bought tickets hoping Lebron would come, and if he did, they would sell every ticket for a massive profit. Only reason.

The Rangers always have and always will have a more loyal support base. There are less of us, but we care more.
I hate the Knicks, but thought about buying seasons on the hopes they would get Lebron and my sole purpose would have been to scalp the tickets. Glad I didn't. If they did get him, they would have been the hottest ticket in town, ala the early 90's.

Old
09-08-2010, 11:00 PM
nyrmetros

How NYR season tix compare to the rest of the NHL

http://www.viewfrommyseats.com/2010/...ticket-prices/

Old
09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Just Lurking

Ticketmaster Prices!

I decided not to re-new my seasons (100/200-level goal) this year because its too difficult to sell games that I can't make it to (if people are going to spend that much on a ticket, they want to be in the center).

I was checking out the ticket prices for the pre-season games on Ticketmaster because when it was time to renew my seasons, I was told that the prices there would be going up. I wanted to know what the bottom line price would be for an individual game, so I knew how "fair" ticket listings were on the ticket exchange, stub hub, etc.

Anyway, it seems that I was misled by the ticket rep when they were trying to get me to renew. Ticketmaster prices (at least at the price level where my seats were) are the same as last season (actually the "convenience charge" is 10 cents less!). This is after the ticketmaster prices didn't change from 2008-09 to 2009-10, while the season ticket holder prices went up.

Old
09-09-2010, 12:30 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Lurking, this is a dishonest poorly run organization. You seemed surprised they lied to you. Congrats on telling them to stick their over priced tickets where the sun don't shine. You'll be able to buy your 200 level seats for 20% below face, just like last yr. Better yet, buy 400 levels and sit in one of the thousands of empty seats down low. Thats what I do...

Old
09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Just Lurking

Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Lurking, this is a dishonest poorly run organization. You seemed surprised they lied to you. Congrats on telling them to stick their over priced tickets where the sun don't shine. You'll be able to buy your 200 level seats for 20% below face, just like last yr. Better yet, buy 400 levels and sit in one of the thousands of empty seats down low. Thats what I do...
Not surprised, just wanted to spread the word.

Looking back through this thread, I wasn't the only who was told Ticketmaster was going up. Unless, of course, they are going to price pre-season differently. In which case, STHs should ask for a partial refund on the pre-season tix that they were forced to pay full price for.

What happened to these prices, I wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well the good news is that they didn't increase prices for season subscribers. And, as an added bonus, the difference between subscriber prices and individual game tickets has been increased.

Old
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Lurking View Post
Not surprised, just wanted to spread the word.

Looking back through this thread, I wasn't the only who was told Ticketmaster was going up. Unless, of course, they are going to price pre-season differently. In which case, STHs should ask for a partial refund on the pre-season tix that they were forced to pay full price for.

What happened to these prices, I wonder?
I'm wondering if the Ticketmaster pricing in that chart includes the TM charge. Because the base price on the website is the same as the Box Office pricing.

Old
09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
nyrmetros

Those prices do not include the TM r@pe fees.

Old
09-09-2010, 05:57 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

$65+ for 400 level seats on TicketMaster... Highway robbery...

Old
09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
$65+ for 400 level seats on TicketMaster... Highway robbery...
Let a corporation act like a monopoly and it's going to charge monopoly prices.

Old
09-09-2010, 07:19 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
And no one does anything about it.

Old
09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
And no one does anything about it.
No, "they" didn't.

Old
09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Well, part of the blame is Ticketmaster... I understand that the Rangers need to mark up their tickets that are made available to the public, as they can't sell them at the same face value that their season and partial season tickets holders are paying, but Ticket Master really tacks on a pretty penny to that expense... Why they have to additionally charge me $2.00 for emailing me my tickets??? That cuts the expenses for them of having to print my tickets and mail them to me... Why do I have to pay more for that? Talking hypothetically here as I don't get my tickets from TM but I have gotten a few games here and there in the past...

I'm just glad I don't have children and that I only have to buy tickets for myself... I think it's a cryin' shame that it will wind up costing a family of four $300-350 to bring their 2 kids to a game at the Garden, an expense most modest families cannot justify.... God forbid they pay those prices for the tickets and then find out they have 'limited view' seats....

Old
09-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Greg NYR

will be passing the garden on the way to a concert today and would like to pick up my tickets (12 game plan), can anyone tell me how they are packaged? will i be able to safely hang on to them or should i just wait for a day i can get in and get out with them?

Old
09-11-2010, 04:17 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg NYR View Post
will be passing the garden on the way to a concert today and would like to pick up my tickets (12 game plan), can anyone tell me how they are packaged? will i be able to safely hang on to them or should i just wait for a day i can get in and get out with them?
They are not in a bag, they are in a big white bubble envelope. I wouldnt want to have to carry them around at a concert.

Old
09-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg NYR View Post
Why risk losing them? Just pick them up before your first game.

Old
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
rangergiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadguy View Post
I have 2 tickets in a prime location. Section 336 ON THE AISLE (center ice side of the section) row E.

Looking to perhaps sell the entire season to someone with playoff rights.

Would definitely consider a half season split, also with pro rated playoff rights.

Moving further down would discuss packages with a mix of average and premium games. Perhaps toss a playoff game in the mix if it is big enough.

Face value is all I seek here. If you have been on the waiting list all these years, the chance for tickets in the center 300s on the aisle would be a dream come true.

Send me a message and we can talk.
I will put a bump on this. Surprised to have few inquiries considering the location of the seats relative to what you could get from the garden. If you think these are good tickets and want some, reach out, I am open to just about anything here.

Old
09-12-2010, 12:49 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadguy View Post
I will put a bump on this. Surprised to have few inquiries considering the location of the seats relative to what you could get from the garden. If you think these are good tickets and want some, reach out, I am open to just about anything here.

Great seats.

Old
09-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Hey,

Anyone have 4 tickets for the Rangers-Devils preseason game on 9/23 at MSG?

Preferably in the 300's...

PM me if you do.

Thanks.

Old
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
rangergiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Great seats.
Thanks. They really are. I read people on here complaining about the crap tickets they are offered from the Garden. These are primo for the money with only a $60 face, I am astonished nobody seems to want anything.

Old
09-12-2010, 08:22 PM
eKardz

tickets to all 3 rangers pre season games available in section 340 - either $50 a game including fees, or if you want all 3 games, 2 seats to each game - 120$

email ekardz2@yahoo.com

or pm.

thanks!

(and i didn't just join this place to sell my tickets, actually i've been reading for many many years, and a member for a little bit, just posting now, as i more like to read what others write. used to post every few days on rivals, back in early 2000's as RichterFan35. anyway, just got my season tickets so looking to move some games to you guys.)

Closed Thread