HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price signed for 2 years - 2.75m cap hit

Old
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Could Halak have been a victim too? I mean, many players backed-up Price after Halak got traded (which is normal), and then, how poorly they played in the last few games against Philly, ran out of gas? or were their hearts now at another place because there might've been something between Halak and the other players. The players just didn't seem to have the same fire. This is 100% speculation. Just saying it happens, and there are some signs of that, especially when you consider it also seemed to happen to Price earlier in the season.
And you often say that people speculate on things... if that isn't speculation... I need to look up that word in a dictionary.

That said, Halak wasn't phenomenal against Philadelphia. He was average. Very average, possibly even below average.

A team like the habs needed their goalie to be perfect to win. They didn't have the offense to bail their goalie out if he wouldn't set the momentum in their favor. Which is why there were talks of the first goal being so important. Games were very close until flyers scored first, then it seemed they'd shut our offense down completely, force us to take chances and we'd be incapable of coming back from any kind of deficit because our offense was very one dimensional and was mainly coming from Gionta and Cammallari.

This is a clear cut example of what I was talking about earlier in this thread when I said that goalies often make their own luck and that their play has an impact on the amount of goal their team scores because of the momentum they set. Halak couldn't keep the habs in it as he did against Washington and Pittsburgh, and our offense was completely incapable to generate anything when trying to come back from behind.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
And you often say that people speculate on things... if that isn't speculation... I need to look up that word in a dictionary.

That said, Halak wasn't phenomenal against Philadelphia. He was average. Very average, possibly even below average.

A team like the habs needed their goalie to be perfect to win. They didn't have the offense to bail their goalie out if he wouldn't set the momentum in their favor. Which is why there were talks of the first goal being so important. Games were very close until flyers scored first, then it seemed they'd shut our offense down completely, force us to take chances and we'd be incapable of coming back from any kind of deficit because our offense was very one dimensional and was mainly coming from Gionta and Cammallari.

This is a clear cut example of what I was talking about earlier in this thread when I said that goalies often make their own luck and that their play has an impact on the amount of goal their team scores because of the momentum they set. Halak couldn't keep the habs in it as he did against Washington and Pittsburgh, and our offense was completely incapable to generate anything when trying to come back from behind.
Instead of looking into the dictionary, re-read my quote from your own post.... you'll find something truly enlighting. I'll give you a clue, it's right after "100%".

Your reply just proved that you do NOT read my entire post before responding.

I truly loled

Please, at least have the dignity to reply and say 'oh my bad'.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 08:47 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Instead of looking into the dictionary, re-read my quote from your own post.... you'll find something truly enlighting. I'll give you a clue, it's right after "100%".

I truly loled

True, I just stopped there. Was in a rush and stopped after the first two sentences.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:

I truly loled

Where is Guy Boucher ?

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:44 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

bah.

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Where is Guy Boucher ?
Did the Habs get eliminated quickly in the first round? Finished 9th or 10th?

Halak got traded for a 2nd pick too?

Quote:
9-10

Gainey can't buy himself a team... he needs to build it not buy it

This is going to be a long season guys mark my word

Quote:
What, Halak was in the market ? ooohhh you mean when Gainey wanted Carter for Halak, yeah that ain't happening.

Halak is worth a 2nd round pick at best.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 09-10-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote