Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

top 75 manitoba 1997`s

Old
09-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Hockeyman2008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of the Rocket View Post
You guys are whacked! Unless the 12 year old kid is on Headline Sports and scoring 300 goals in 82 games (check Gretzky's 12 yr old stats), no one cares. Draft scouting begins after Christmas for Bantam 2. And it is not as exhaustive at Bantam 1 as you would think. Been there, done it twice.

Stats, size, and speed. In that order. Not skill or brains after round 3.
Miller has played bantam 2 and is more than likely playing bantam 1 this year just to clear a few things up. Seems like not all are aware of that.

Hockeyman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Ktyice72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman2008 View Post
I heard he quit both teams and my soures are pretty good. He had his reasons. You should get your facts straight before posting stuff like that here. As for the WHL that is a long shot for any kid, and summer hockey is exactly what it is, bunch of parents like you judging kids you don't even know and super jealous when a kid is better than theirs. Putting AAA beside a word and calling it AAA hockey, when infact most AAA summer clubs around here only consist of 1 or 2 REAL AAA players. This Miller kid is very talented at what he does. He plays Real AAA hockey....go and ask the coaches from those 2 teams if Dallas Miller quit...I can garentee you they will say no.....anybody who would kick a kid with that kind of talent off of ANY team really has issues...lol just defending a good player who deserves defending....
well as far as pepsi ... I'm not so sure I just heard he got kicked off
but as far as mustangs Im positive he got kicked off as he took numerous bad penalties had an awful attitude towards other players and staff and 1 game after getting a penalty he smashed his stick in the box and part of the stick hit and injured the timekeeper !

He was then called into the hall at the start of next practice where after being kicked off he swore at the coach and left

... And to good a player to throw off ?? It's summer hockey !
Not game 4 of the city finals for god sakes !

Ktyice72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Hockeyman2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by riels44 View Post
well as far as pepsi ... I'm not so sure I just heard he got kicked off
but as far as mustangs Im positive he got kicked off as he took numerous bad penalties had an awful attitude towards other players and staff and 1 game after getting a penalty he smashed his stick in the box and part of the stick hit and injured the timekeeper !

He was then called into the hall at the start of next practice where after being kicked off he swore at the coach and left

... And to good a player to throw off ?? It's summer hockey !
Not game 4 of the city finals for god sakes !
No......he never got kicked off no team ever period. He took a couple bad penalties only because he was a big kid playing with kids his own age who came up to his chin therefore everytime he would touch someone he was penilized for it. Very frustrating when your trying to play the game. I watched that entire game beginning to end. And do not recall no scorekeeper getting hurt as well, as for the beginning of practice is all bs as well cause he quit the team right after everything happened. More or less the parents pulled him. Same as with team pepsi, he quit because of the reffing. he played with them for the last 2 tournaments they went too. They wanted him back. The refs are real hard on the kid when playing his own age. When he plays with the bigger kids none of the above happens...none of it at all. He gets to play hockey how it should be played Have you ever seen him in his league games. It is totally how it should be...

Old
09-02-2010, 09:45 AM
whockey

Quote:
you mean macdonald area?
yes macdonald hockey

whockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
whockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of the Rocket View Post
You guys are whacked! Unless the 12 year old kid is on Headline Sports and scoring 300 goals in 82 games (check Gretzky's 12 yr old stats), no one cares. Draft scouting begins after Christmas for Bantam 2. And it is not as exhaustive at Bantam 1 as you would think. Been there, done it twice.

Stats, size, and speed. In that order. Not skill or brains after round 3.
most hockey parent are whacked... point was some studs are noted - thats it ....i heard Ethan Williams going to SHattuck?

Old
09-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Ktyice72

Quote:
Originally Posted by whockey View Post
most hockey parent are whacked... point was some studs are noted - thats it ....i heard Ethan Williams going to SHattuck?
ethan was accepted but has decided to stay in Winnipeg for the year ...along with Colin burston and Joseph macleod

Old
09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Ktyice72

Quote:
Originally Posted by whockey View Post
yes macdonald hockey
well theres
forward Carter Chambers-great speed and puckhandling ,smart player but stands under 5 fett so thats a disadvantage

forward Bryce dusik- solid player decent shot ,takes some bad penalties but good player and hes a little over average in size

defence Liam McLeod- great shot and good speed fairly good vision setting up the play, solid on his skates ..as ive only seen him go down twice... unbelievable gap control as he shuts everyone down at the blueline
those are macdonalds stars

Old
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Ktyice72

Quote:
No......he never got kicked off no team ever period. He took a couple bad penalties only because he was a big kid playing with kids his own age who came up to his chin therefore everytime he would touch someone he was penilized for it. Very frustrating when your trying to play the game. I watched that entire game beginning to end. And do not recall no scorekeeper getting hurt as well, as for the beginning of practice is all bs as well cause he quit the team right after everything happened. More or less the parents pulled him. Same as with team pepsi, he quit because of the reffing. he played with them for the last 2 tournaments they went too. They wanted him back. The refs are real hard on the kid when playing his own age. When he plays with the bigger kids none of the above happens...none of it at all. He gets to play hockey how it should be played Have you ever seen him in his league games. It is totally how it should be...
i heard a different story ..from a kid .who was on his team ! but whatever

Old
09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Hockeyman2008

Quote:
ethan was accepted but has decided to stay in Winnipeg for the year ...along with Colin burston and Joseph macleod
Miller was also part of that group but turned it down as well.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Hockeyman2008

Quote:
i heard a different story ..from a kid .who was on his team ! but whatever
Lol...Go figure...like I said earlier maybe get the facts straight before you post that garbage on here.

Old
09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Ktyice72

Quote:
Lol...Go figure...like I said earlier maybe get the facts straight before you post that garbage on here.
well a kid who was on the team ..there when it happened would probably know more than ....well im not sure what you position in this story i wont say ...but like i said he was there

Old
09-02-2010, 03:32 PM
scotchontherocks

so funny

Quote:
Joseph macleaod to shattuck.....now that is funny

scotchontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Ktyice72

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchontherocks View Post
Joseph macleaod to shattuck.....now that is funny
Yea I thought so to but he was invited and accepted with the rest

Old
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Checker61

Give it a Rest . This draft is two years away

Things are going to change so much . Your lists will drastically change by draft time in 2012 and even more by the time they are ready to play in 2014 . Have fun with this but only a couple ot the top guys now will hang on and guys who people once thought weren't good players will take over . This will kill parents like Schram last year . But this is hockey .

Checker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Ktyice72

i agree

Old
09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Hockeyman2008

http://westernelitehockeyprospects.b...ba-hockey.html

Scouts don't watch these kids at all....lol.

Last edited by Hockeyman2008: 09-03-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Ktyice72

they watch some of them

Old
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
william1111

Cuts

How many of those kids on the list made the first round of cuts tonight?

Anyone hear about the Bantam 2 cuts?

william1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Hockeyman2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by william1111 View Post
How many of those kids on the list made the first round of cuts tonight?

Anyone hear about the Bantam 2 cuts?
Never heard nothing yet. I am curious too. Williams should be a definate keeper I think!

Old
09-10-2010, 09:55 PM
whockey

Quote:
Never heard nothing yet. I am curious too. Williams should be a definate keeper I think!
heard...2nd hand....line of Dillon-Keane-Mcgillvray looked good and fast....Dillon was A1 player...

Old
09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Ktyice72

dillion only played a1 cause he doesnt get along with other players on the twins ...

williams made it ....the only one who i was suprised to hear got cut was wyatt kemball who played in the AA all star game ,but hes only 5,1 5,2 so the size must of been issue

Old
09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
The Bench

With parents like this . . .

Who would want to coach these guys?

When you're talking about players going to Shattucks, are you talking about parents paying $40K and the kid is going to school there? Or you talkin' about their prospects campus visit that includes some ice sessions? Shattuck scouts the Walleye tournament and invites a bunch to this campus visit. Is that what's happened here? If so, WHOOOP-De-DOOO!

Follow the older kids (like '93's) to get a reality check. Players that got a whole bunch of cyber-ink struggling to make a MJHL team at 17. Those parents stopped contributing to RESPs when their kids were 12 'cause they were going to get that scholarship. They didn't grow, got passed by, skill and brains didn't catch up to their early brawn/strength and speed or their speed vanquished when they didn't grow past 5'9" (but they sure "looked" impressive when they were BIG at 13/14. Not so big/fast anymore.

It doesn't matter. Go to the provincial AAA or city midget AAA tryouts this year and last year. Take your 93/94/95 DUB and MJ draft lists. Re-rank them. Then you'll see that the bantam draft is too early - between the now-wrong choices and "new" prospects. This is re-evaluating them a few months to a few years after their drafts. And you guys are trying to handicap pre-Bantam 2 season players?

Here's how quickly it changes. Now that the DUB/MJHL teams have had their camps and up to 6.5 months have passed since the Bantam (95) regular season - a bunch of Manitoban draftees would not have been picked and bunch of others would have. Why - skilled players growing, big players not so big and lack of skill/brains are a bigger hinderance, rural players now in the mix with city players, some took their position for granted and didn't work while the desperate/driven players did, and some entered and embraced the "age of the 4 B's distractions - beer, broads, and boobs".

And you're telling me that some kid who hasn't turned 13 is going to be a top 20? Also, please do the math. There are 22 DUB teams. This means there are ONLY 22 picks each round. Therefore ONLY 22 first rounders. Manitoba produces the least amount of the four western provinces. Not one first rounder in '95 and the first taken of '94's was a rural high school player. Are there any Michael St. Croix's in this crowd (age advanced, skilled, AND never small?). Any Jonathon Toews in the crowd - CTV sport star of the week at 14? Or go outside the province - Chandler Stevenson from Saskatchewan - sponsored by Bauer at age 12. Donovan Cousineau from Fort Frances - coveted to play summer hockey in Manitoba at age 12&13, now competing for under-17 team Ontario - head and shoulders above any '94 Manitoba player.

Did any of these '97's get expense-paid packages to play on a summer team at any BIG summer tournament?

IF the answer to any of the above is "NO" - give it a rest and give your kid a break. Can't imagine the hockey talk to and from the rink and the handicapping at the kitchen table, re-working the list and comparison sheet after each tryout session.

Last edited by The Bench: 09-12-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling
The Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 10:30 PM
whockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bench View Post
Who would want to coach these guys?

When you're talking about players going to Shattucks, are you talking about parents paying $40K and the kid is going to school there? Or you talkin' about their prospects campus visit that includes some ice sessions? Shattuck scouts the Walleye tournament and invites a bunch to this campus visit. Is that what's happened here? If so, WHOOOP-De-DOOO!

Follow the older kids (like '93's) to get a reality check. Players that got a whole bunch of cyber-ink struggling to make a MJHL team at 17. Those parents stopped contributing to RESPs when their kids were 12 'cause they were going to get that scholarship. They didn't grow, got passed by, skill and brains didn't catch up to their early brawn/strength and speed or their speed vanquished when they didn't grow past 5'9" (but they sure "looked" impressive when they were BIG at 13/14. Not so big/fast anymore.

It doesn't matter. Go to the provincial AAA or city midget AAA tryouts this year and last year. Take your 93/94/95 DUB and MJ draft lists. Re-rank them. Then you'll see that the bantam draft is too early - between the now-wrong choices and "new" prospects. This is re-evaluating them a few months to a few years after their drafts. And you guys are trying to handicap pre-Bantam 2 season players?

Here's how quickly it changes. Now that the DUB/MJHL teams have had their camps and up to 6.5 months have passed since the Bantam (95) regular season - a bunch of Manitoban draftees would not have been picked and bunch of others would have. Why - skilled players growing, big players not so big and lack of skill/brains are a bigger hinderance, rural players now in the mix with city players, some took their position for granted and didn't work while the desperate/driven players did, and some entered and embraced the "age of the 4 B's distractions - beer, broads, and boobs".

And you're telling me that some kid who hasn't turned 13 is going to be a top 20? Also, please do the math. There are 22 DUB teams. This means there are ONLY 22 picks each round. Therefore ONLY 22 first rounders. Manitoba produces the least amount of the four western provinces. Not one first rounder in '95 and the first taken of '94's was a rural high school player. Are there any Michael St. Croix's in this crowd (age advanced, skilled, AND never small?). Any Jonathon Toews in the crowd - CTV sport star of the week at 14? Or go outside the province - Chandler Stevenson from Saskatchewan - sponsored by Bauer at age 12. Donovan Cousineau from Fort Frances - coveted to play summer hockey in Manitoba at age 12&13, now competing for under-17 team Ontario - head and shoulders above any '94 Manitoba player.

Did any of these '97's get expense-paid packages to play on a summer team at any BIG summer tournament?

IF the answer to any of the above is "NO" - give it a rest and give your kid a break. Can't imagine the hockey talk to and from the rink and the handicapping at the kitchen table, re-working the list and comparison sheet after each tryout session.
4B's is classic....and for studs ...you are likely right....Mike Loustel used to tell me that he had coached a AAA spring/summer team back in the day...would run into Joe Thornton (14,hairy chest 6'2" taping his sticks in the hall) at all the tournies ...playing for different Ontario teams ..Big Joe would get $500 a weekend to play.

Old
09-16-2010, 12:29 PM
william1111

Cuts tonight

Second round cuts are tonight.

Anyone heard of any surprises?

william1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:17 PM
tmoney11

tyler hrousalas is definatly going to the show ! he has been called the new kimbo slice on ice ! He is by far better than colin burston and Jackson Keane combined ! hes the next wayne gretzky ! look him up !

tmoney11 is offline   Reply With Quote