HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

2010-11 Penguins' Ticket Thread: Buy, Sell, Trade, Give Away

Old
09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
BeastMode2326

vCash: 500
All I wanted was 4 tickets for the Feb 4th game against the Sabres. Ticketmaster kept giving me different errors. **** you Ticketmaster.

BeastMode2326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

I'm itching waiting for the general sale of Winter Classic tickets. Any Season Ticket Holders want to do me a solid?

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
jessb37

Teamed up with wife for March weekend:

203 Row C for Montreal
117 Row J for Edmonton

Around $450 total for both games, but what the hell -- it's her birthday weekend...

Guess we got lucky...
Thrilling....

jessb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Thank god I'm not a Penguins fan, Ticketmaster is ****ing you guys hard right now. Hell, I'm ****ing pissed and I don't like the Penguins. I can't believe I lost the tickets I had to the Habs game, those seats were nice as hell.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Riggs
Support Geno.

Got 2 for Jan. 22 against the Hurricanes, and 2 for Feb. 10 against the Kings.

... I wonder if the Pens are blocking area codes?

Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:52 AM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

The thing that's pissed me off is I was waiting at the site hitting refresh every second. Granted, there was a few thousand others probably doing the same thing, but I got through, searched one ticket at any price and best available and it said 'no matches'.

This all took place before the clock struck 10:00:20. It's also like pouring salt in the wound that ticketmaster still shows 'find tickets' instead of 'sold out' or whatever else it would list it as.

I don't want to complain, because I didn't get tickets to last years opener, but screw that... I REALLY wanted to be there for the first home opener in the new barn and the commemorative ticket lol.

Now I'm left to suffer at home, or buy a ticket for 600 dollars in the upper deck. FML right now.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:16 AM
regard

ticketmaster wasnt selling groups of 6
knew itd be tough but dang
if id known that before i started my search i coulda had a better plan lol

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:16 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I couldn't get any so I told my mom to try at work and we both got tickets so now I have 3 tickets for two different games. So I just spent like $700 on t6 tickets when I'm struggling for money. I hope to get rid of the one set.

What makes me mad is they saved almost no 50 dollar tickets. I had to go up pay scales to get them.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrollins1 View Post
Okay, Ticketmaster is a freakin' joke. I have been constantly searching for tickets for over a half hour now and the ONLY tickets I've seen available are at the very top price point. Most games say there is no availability! What the heck? What happened to "2000 tickets per game will be available at 10:00am ..." GRRRR
I know!!!! I can't afford those kind of tickets and they don't have any lower priced ones.

Old
09-10-2010, 10:28 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
This is ****ing ********. I had two really nice seats ordered for the second game for you guys against the Canadiens, and I was putting in my credit card information, and when I hit submit order, it said it could not process my request, and I lost my tickets and now I can't get them back.

**** you Ticketmaster.
I don't want Habs fans in our arena but I would rather you have got them and actually went to the game then some ***** who is just going to jack up the prices on ticket exchange. That really makes me mad.

Old
09-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Power2ThePenguins

Send a message via AIM to Power2ThePenguins
Doing this now.

Need two lower level tickets to the following games.

March 25, 2011 vs. New Jersey (Friday)
March 27, 2011 vs. Florida (Sunday)

I really can't pay $135 a ticket for these, so if anyone can offer them even somewhat lower, it would be a huge help. I don't care where in the lower level it is, but I can't afford club seats.

E-mail me: RoboChic5@aim.com

Thanks.

Power2ThePenguins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
This is ****ing ********. I had two really nice seats ordered for the second game for you guys against the Canadiens, and I was putting in my credit card information, and when I hit submit order, it said it could not process my request, and I lost my tickets and now I can't get them back.

**** you Ticketmaster.
(posted this in the *****andmoan thread on the main board and am reposting here)

Honestly, it is a supply and demand thing. The fees I am not commenting on, but with such a huge waiting list (I believe over 6,000 now) and only a few thousand tickets per game not held by season ticket holders, what do you expect? Especially the first day of the sale. Those on the waiting list and season ticket holders get first right to buy extra tickets for about a quarter of the games, leaving even fewer tickets for the public to scramble for. Hell that was likely the only day that you will be able to buy any tcikets for any except for the most expensive seats. The Pens are an extremely hot ticket right now, and demand is as much as for a Steeler game, maybe even more given that the new arena has only just oper 18,000 seats and Heinz Field holds something like 67,000 people.

My suggestion would be to go to the part of ticketmaster where season ticketholders can sell seats. Most season ticket holders put at least some of their tickets up for sale given the cost of the plan and the number of games involved. I always do and usually for no more than face value.

But to complain is just being unrealistic. It is not ticketmaster, any supplier would be equally overwhelmed. I am just thrilled to see the Pens as popular as they are, they were this popular for a long time, went through about a half of a decade when they were bad and they fell off the map, and now are back again to Mario led team levels of popularity and then some. And this is not going to change for at least a decade I am guessing. It is a good thing for hockey that people are fighting over tickets here.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I don't want Habs fans in our arena but I would rather you have got them and actually went to the game then some ***** who is just going to jack up the prices on ticket exchange. That really makes me mad.
I noticed a couple years ago and last year markedly so. There are some fans of other teams but extremely few anymore, unlike prior years. One Montreal game was the only one I saw that fans of another team were even noticable at all, and they were not that great in number.

This is a great thing in my book, and such a contrast from the not very distant past at all.

Old
09-10-2010, 12:46 PM
loki604

Guys, I have six single tickets available for the 2/21 game vs. Washington. A bunch of friends and I were going to go, but we ended up getting three sets of two to a less prolific game. Not looking to make a buck. I know no one will probably want all six, but they range in sections from 219-230. I paid $492.45 for all six, so I'm just looking for cost.

If anyone wants more info, PM me

loki604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 12:54 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I noticed a couple years ago and last year markedly so. There are some fans of other teams but extremely few anymore, unlike prior years. One Montreal game was the only one I saw that fans of another team were even noticable at all, and they were not that great in number.

This is a great thing in my book, and such a contrast from the not very distant past at all.
Yep Jaded, especially the Flyer fans back in the day.

Not sure of the waiting list number, I thought it was at 4,000 something, but not sure.

But my buddy is on it, and I know he just a letter, and he moved up only 150 spots.

So yeah, I would have to think, adding in the new arena, and the talent we have, our tickets are the most sought after hockey tickets in the U.S.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Yep Jaded, especially the Flyer fans back in the day.

Not sure of the waiting list number, I thought it was at 4,000 something, but not sure.

But my buddy is on it, and I know he just a letter, and he moved up only 150 spots.

So yeah, I would have to think, adding in the new arena, and the talent we have, our tickets are the most sought after hockey tickets in the U.S.
Funny you should mention the Flyers, but was thinking specifically of their fans. Only like 3 years ago, and all years prior, when we played the flyers it seems like they owned the arena whenever they scored, just so many there, and it was annoying as hell. This past year, you would be lucky to find 50 flyer fans in the arean for any of their games, and they were barely noticable, you had to really look to notice them. The only game I noticed opposing fans at all was one game this past year, Montreal, and even that game I bet there were no more that 100 - 150 fans.

Old
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Funny you should mention the Flyers, but was thinking specifically of their fans. Only like 3 years ago, and all years prior, when we played the flyers it seems like they owned the arena whenever they scored, just so many there, and it was annoying as hell. This past year, you would be lucky to find 50 flyer fans in the arean for any of their games, and they were barely noticable, you had to really look to notice them. The only game I noticed opposing fans at all was one game this past year, Montreal, and even that game I bet there were no more that 100 - 150 fans.
I hear ya Jaded.

You remember the late 70's?? There must have been say 1k Flyer fans that came in buses, for each of their games here. All siting together. Sounded like 5k.

I remember one game at the Civic arena, Flyers ended up scoring 10 goals. And probably after the 5th goal, the Flyer fans were doing the chant of, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, WE WANT 6". All the way up to 10 goals by the end of the game. It was great for them, haha, incredibly awful as a young Pen's fan.

Old
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
seabs926

Quote:
(posted this in the *****andmoan thread on the main board and am reposting here)

Honestly, it is a supply and demand thing. The fees I am not commenting on, but with such a huge waiting list (I believe over 6,000 now) and only a few thousand tickets per game not held by season ticket holders, what do you expect? Especially the first day of the sale. Those on the waiting list and season ticket holders get first right to buy extra tickets for about a quarter of the games, leaving even fewer tickets for the public to scramble for. Hell that was likely the only day that you will be able to buy any tcikets for any except for the most expensive seats. The Pens are an extremely hot ticket right now, and demand is as much as for a Steeler game, maybe even more given that the new arena has only just oper 18,000 seats and Heinz Field holds something like 67,000 people.

My suggestion would be to go to the part of ticketmaster where season ticketholders can sell seats. Most season ticket holders put at least some of their tickets up for sale given the cost of the plan and the number of games involved. I always do and usually for no more than face value.

But to complain is just being unrealistic. It is not ticketmaster, any supplier would be equally overwhelmed. I am just thrilled to see the Pens as popular as they are, they were this popular for a long time, went through about a half of a decade when they were bad and they fell off the map, and now are back again to Mario led team levels of popularity and then some. And this is not going to change for at least a decade I am guessing. It is a good thing for hockey that people are fighting over tickets here.
He's not complaining about how hard it was to get tickets. He's complaining that he was able to secure tickets, but when he tried to pay for them there was a processing error and he essentially lost the tickets because of it. So he rightfully is criticizing ticketmaster. If they can't support such a high volume of traffic then they shouldn't be the ticket agent.

The same thing happened to me, but I was fortunately able to quickly go back and secure other tickets. It just so happened to accept my payment the 2nd time.

seabs926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabs926 View Post
He's not complaining about how hard it was to get tickets. He's complaining that he was able to secure tickets, but when he tried to pay for them there was a processing error and he essentially lost the tickets because of it. So he rightfully is criticizing ticketmaster. If they can't support such a high volume of traffic then they shouldn't be the ticket agent.

The same thing happened to me, but I was fortunately able to quickly go back and secure other tickets. It just so happened to accept my payment the 2nd time.
Honestly part and parcel of the same thing. So many people trying at the same time overwhelms the system and those things will occur. I doubt if another broker handled it, that things would be any better.

Old
09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabs926 View Post

I did get bumped off once as well. Not sure if it was because I had multiple windows up for Ticketmaster or not. But I quickly closed one of the windows, and then didn't have a problem after that, as I got some extras for a couple of games.

Old
09-10-2010, 01:36 PM
seabs926

Quote:
Honestly part and parcel of the same thing. So many people trying at the same time overwhelms the system and those things will occur. I doubt if another broker handled it, that things would be any better.
I totally understand why it happened, but all I was saying was that I feel like he was justified in thinking that he got screwed. Even if it's out of your control and you understand things like that are a possibility, you're naturally going to think it's unfair.

seabs926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:23 PM
TravisUlrich

I'm planning a trip to Pittsburgh to go see:
  1. Nov. 15 vs. NYR
  2. Nov. 17 vs. Van
  3. Nov. 19 vs. Car

Can I expect that it will be hard to get tickets to all 3 games?

TravisUlrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:34 PM
ThosePuckingPenguins

Going to the November 12th game, on my birthday, against the Lightning with my best friend.

I really didn't have any problems with ticketmaster but I heard of others who have.

ThosePuckingPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Jaded-Fan

Honestly, if you failed on this sale, go to stubhub through the Pens' website and get tickets from season ticketholders. Likely better seats than you would get through ticketmaster, and much of the time for face value. I sold about 5 or 6 games, at face value (which is a profit for season ticket holders, but one they can not even help, as you are not allowed to sell there for less than face).

I doubt very many who spent close to $8,000 on average for a couple seats for the year are going to use them all. You will be able to find seats, likely at reasonable cost.

Old
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
TravisUlrich

Quote:
Honestly, if you failed on this sale, go to stubhub through the Pens' website and get tickets from season ticketholders. Likely better seats than you would get through ticketmaster, and much of the time for face value. I sold about 5 or 6 games, at face value (which is a profit for season ticket holders, but one they can not even help, as you are not allowed to sell there for less than face).

I doubt very many who spent close to $8,000 on average for a couple seats for the year are going to use them all. You will be able to find seats, likely at reasonable cost.
I went on Stub Hub but it's virtually impossible to buy 1 seat! You have to buy 2 or more.

TravisUlrich is online now   Reply With Quote