HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Chat With Tim Panaccio

Old
09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Flyers Chat With Tim Panaccio

Anybody else catch the chat or participate?

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/chat

....some interesting Q&A with a little tap dancing by Tim. Obviously he doesn't want to lose his access so he has to be diplomatic in his responses. I got in a couple of questions as Mars and one as a Guest.

Here's some highlights...

About JVR and his weight which there is a lot of discussion on in the Backlund and JVR thread

Quote:
TP: Yes, I wrote a note today. He is bigger, stronger up top but his weight is only slightly more - 206 from about 201. Just like Gagne in his second year. Bigger
This one is for Cartsiephan..he will be happy to know how Carter spent his offseaon..per Tim..LOL

Quote:
[Comment From Guest Guest: ]
WILL HOMER TRY TO EXTEND CARTER OR TRY TO SIGN LEINO OR ZHERDEV THIS YEAR BEFORE KNOWING THE SALARY CAP NUMBER IS GOING FORWARD?

TP:1:38 He will look to extend Carter this fall UNLESS Carter gets off to a miserable start. Carter has been around -- bright blonde hair like he was at the shore or he highlighted his hair. No Richards. Zherdev has to earn a next deal just like r. Emery. Friday September 10, 2010 1:38

These were my questions....one of them (about Lavy) he skirted around but then somebody else followed it up and he sort of answered it....

Quote:
Comment From Mars Mars: ]
Tim..what is your sense of the team having a full season hopefully with Laviolette? Do they respect and like him for the most part?

TP:1:45 He has a 3-yr deal. And given how far he went last year, no matter what happens, he's here. He will go the full 3 years i feel.
Follow up by Phil another Guest

Quote:
[Comment From Phil Phil: ]
Is Laviolette the kind of coach that wears on players or do the players like/respect him?

TP: 1:49 He is very much like Hitchcock. He will wear them out but they have his respect. One difference is he is not as vocal in criticism on the bench Friday September 10, 2010 1:49

My question on Richards

Quote:
Comment From Mars Mars: ]
Did Richards work on his faceoffs in the offseason like Crosby did a couple of years ago?

TP: 1:47 I'd like to know that myself. But he has not been around to ask. Friday September 10, 2010 1:47

Got in the last question as a Guest

Quote:
[Comment From Guest Guest: ]
Do you think the Flyers are making a mistake by going with Leighton based on loyality as you have suggested over signing some very affordable free agent goalies that were signed by other teams?

TP: 2:00 I give them this. They are loyal to a fault. They stuck with Hexy a bit too long but they do that w./lot of their players. They would not have dumped Niemi like CHI did. Friday September 10, 2010 2:00
Curious about what others caught or posted themselves if they participated....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Garbage Goal

Some interesting ones I caught:

Quote:
[Comment From DerekDerek: ]
Tim, we keep hearing about Guerin but what about Ruslan Fedotenko ? To me, he would be a better fit with Zherdev, younger than Guerin and has familiarity with the Flyers system.
Friday September 10, 2010 1:00 Derek

TP: His agent (Feds) told me he might be signing in Russia ... Holmgren admits there was long debate this summer about adding Fedotenko,
Looks like they've considered both Fedotenko and Guerin, but probably won't be signing either (thank jeebus).
Quote:
[Comment From JohnJohn: ]
I just want to ask if theres any way the Flyers will start Matt Walker as the # 6 defenseman?
Friday September 10, 2010 1:06 John

TP: right now, I have him at 7th defense and I feel that is how they go into camp
This means that, unless they actually carry eight d-men on the roster, they're going to waive Bartulis most likely.

Quote:
[Comment From sergserg: ]
u mean bobrovsky might be staring or backing up by the end of the season?
Friday September 10, 2010 1:11 serg

TP: I see Bobrovsky as a backup by end of season if he does what he is supposed to do
I see nothing wrong with giving Bobro a taste of the NHL later in the season (say, a game or two), but **** this franchise if they feed a young, promising goalie to the wolves. TP said he also believe that Holmstrom looks good.
Quote:
[Comment From instigatorinstigator: ]
I know this has been discused...by why was J Shelly signed ..and for that much money? I know the Rangers picked up boogner..but still why?
Friday September 10, 2010 1:14 instigator

TP: This much is certain,. there are number of people in organization - clarke among them - who want a proven heavyweight given the tougher guys are in the east and i the Atlantic. yet, O'Donnell is much like Jason Smith - a d-man who will fight. They felt they lacked a heavy b/c Lavy would no dress Cote and his fighting skill had diminished. They always look at what the Rangers have, too.
lol at TP trying to justify the Shelley signing. Still, great to see that Laviolette refused to play Cote.
Quote:
[Comment From instigatorinstigator: ]
What was the package we were supposed to get from LA for Gagne if they got Kolvulchuk.Supposedly thats what made the deal fall through...
Friday September 10, 2010 1:20 instigator

It was never mapped out but rumors were D. Brown was in it as part of a larger deal
If that's true, then I really wish that LA got Kovalchuk.

Quote:
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
Who do you think will be the centers? I heard that the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line will be the same for camp, so will Carter, Richards, or Giroux move to the wing?
Friday September 10, 2010 1:25 Guest

TP: this is the flyers' preliminary lines going into camp off mgmt chart. these are not my lines and these will likely change:

JVR-Carter-Zherdev
Carcillo-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Shelley-Betts-Laperriere
(Powe)
I'm gonna lol hard if they give Shelley regular ice-time over Powe. Later on, in another comment, TP said that Shelley will get more ice-time then Cote did last year. Obvious, I know, but still worth mentioning.

Quote:
[Comment From davedave: ]
why didn't Lavy like Asham? What were his deficiencies?
Friday September 10, 2010 1:41 dave

TP: The feeling on Ash was inconsistency night to night in different areas.
Interesting. I know that some people here felt the same.

Quote:
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
The way the roster stands now, what do you think of the Flyers chances of getting to the cup finals again?
Friday September 10, 2010 1:42 Guest

TP: On paper, they are better ... but statistically, the odds are greatly against teams going the distance again. remember, they got the perfect playoff scenario: a team they owned in an easy first round; then a team like themselves that lacked gut checks; then a team that has upset PGH and thought it was destined to go all the way ... and NO injuries on defense. that;s hard to duplicate. and its mentally draining on players to come back knowing you worked so hard and didnt win
Just good to see someone with credibility be honest about last year and say how fortunate we were in the playoffs. I know a lot of people here (myself included) feel the same. Except I think we're worse on paper, but w/e.

Quote:
[Comment From CraigCraig: ]
Tim. With the additions and subtractions this year, do you see any major changes to the special teams, or will the core players stay intact?
Friday September 10, 2010 1:02 Craig

TP: There were rumors about Walker on PP b/c he has a righthanded shot but then again, he is 6th, 7th d-man and i dont see too many of those guys on PPs in the NHL. Not sure where Meszaros fits into this yet
So, it looks like the same top four as last year with OD and Meszaros as the 3rd pairing and Walker as the extra guy.

Personally, I wish someone asked him if it's wise to spend 4 mil of your cap on a guy who will be on your third pairing and probably be getting limited to no PP time, because I think it's ********.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 09-10-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:04 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Question: "Why did you say one thing in July, and write something completely different in August?"

Walker on the PP? WTF

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Jester

I'm fascinated by this trope that is developing that Chicago just cut Niemi loose like a wet sack of dog ****. I mean, seriously? They were *ed by the cap left and right and he was one of the casualties.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
[Comment From Ryan KrisacRyan Krisac: ]
2. Will the Flyers be keeping the big shooters (Carter, Zherdev) on separate lines? It seems like playing them together would not mesh.
Friday September 10, 2010 12:55 Ryan Krisac
12:57 Laviolette told me again today that he wants to experiment and where you see Zherdev at the start may not be where he ends up. only one line stays intact unless Leino's injury rehab is a factor: Briere line w/Hartnell. right now, JVR, Carter, Zherdev is something mgmt. wants to see
Friday September 10, 2010 12:57
A line of JvR-Carter-Zherdev would make me puke, and who cares what management wants, let the coach put the players on the ice. Switch Carcillo and JvR and you have some lines that make sense:

Carcillo-Carter-Zherdev
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
JvR-Richards-Giroux
Shelley-Betts-Laperriere

And for all those bashing Shelley, this was a good signing.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm fascinated by this trope that is developing that Chicago just cut Niemi loose like a wet sack of dog ****. I mean, seriously? They were *ed by the cap left and right and he was one of the casualties.
he wasn't exactly playing ball either. i agree.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 03:41 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Here's some highlights...

About JVR and his weight which there is a lot of discussion on in the Backlund and JVR thread

Quote:
Quote:
TP: Yes, I wrote a note today. He is bigger, stronger up top but his weight is only slightly more - 206 from about 201. Just like Gagne in his second year. Bigger
I don't know why some many people jumped on me for saying 10-15lbs is too much for someone to add in 2-3 months.

It is obvious he only add "slightly more" weight. That is reasonable and acceptable I might add. Weight is not the best determinant of how someone has progressed in terms of strength and power.

Anyways I don't wanna bring this argument here. I rather focus on, what he said about JVR's speed, and hopefully in practice/pre-season he can show off his new strength gains.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
infidelappel*

All of this talk about Bobo being with the team by year's end seems pointless to me.

Unless he pushes Leighton and earns the starting job, I don't want him sitting on the bench as a backup. I would much rather he be playing as many games as possible with the Phantoms than seeing spot duty with the Flyers. It just seems like a waste of time that could be spent developing by actually playing.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 04:27 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I wonder if there are Vegas odds on Bobro being our starter by March. I'd bet that **** not because of Bobro, but because we know how much Leights-Boosh blow.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I wonder if there are Vegas odds on Bobro being our starter by March. I'd bet that **** not because of Bobro, but because we know how much Leights-Boosh blow.
Don't worry.

The trade we will regret making is primed and ready to go.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Walker on the PP?

ROFL.

Yeah right. Lets get real.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Don't worry.

The trade we will regret making is primed and ready to go.
What is Carter and 1st for Vokoun !!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Beastieboy

I have a friend with a cabin 2 minutes from Richards on Lake of the Woods... I think he spent pretty much the whole summer there (but did skate and hit the gym... along with the beer, girls and cabin parties). She said he was headed to the US Open this weekend and then on to Philly. Hope he got some rest, he was pretty beat up by the finals. Not the biggest guy but plays like he is. TP sounded like his nose was out of joint the Richie wasn't there yet? No biggie, he has lots of hockey ahead of him.

Go Richie!! Hope he has a huge season and gets some decent linemates.

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
What is Carter and 1st for Vokoun !!
Making that trade, assuming we make the playoffs without Carter, would give us a great chance at the Cup so I wouldn't be too mad at it.

Old
09-10-2010, 10:54 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Making that trade, assuming we make the playoffs without Carter, would give us a great chance at the Cup so I wouldn't be too mad at it.
And then Vokoun lets in a really bad goal at the wrong time....and we rage again at how we can never get a good goalie

EDIT: while complaining that we gave up a 1st and Carter

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 07:53 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Except if we make that trade it will because our current starter will be ******** the bed and we will most likely be ****ed by then .

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Except if we make that trade it will because our current starter will be ******** the bed and we will most likely be ****ed by then .
There's plenty of time to make up ground after the trade deadline, especially with a roster like this.

We were, at one point quite far into the season 14th in the conference and almost dead last last year.

Old
09-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
There's plenty of time to make up ground after the trade deadline, especially with a roster like this.

We were, at one point quite far into the season 14th in the conference and almost dead last last year.
And we got into the playoffs in a shoot out on the last day of the year. I would rather not repeat that again, and I would rather not trade one of our two or three best players for a 34 year old that is possibly only a rental.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Beastieboy

Just gotta give props to Giroux the Damaja... that is probably the best handle I've seen on here.

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 06:37 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Brown in return for Gagne?

instead we got Walker? WTF?!

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastieboy View Post
Just gotta give props to Giroux the Damaja... that is probably the best handle I've seen on here.
Thanks!

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Apparently Walker on the PP is something that a "credible source" says that the team is looking at. They are kind of obsessed with a right-handed shot... any right-handed shot on the PP.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 06:37 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Brown in return for Gagne?

instead we got Walker? WTF?!
This is what happens when a player with a clause decides just what his best interest is.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This is what happens when a player with a clause decides just what his best interest is.
I'll quote the answer again:
Quote:
It was never mapped out but rumors were D. Brown was in it as part of a larger deal

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
I'll quote the answer again:
Not to mention he said they were rumors. I don't buy for a second LA ever discussed Brown in a Gagne deal. The Flyers would have to send a more valuable piece than Gagne to get it done because a possible 1 year rental isn't getting it done.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote