HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And the softness countinues....

Old
09-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
off topic but im getting married in mill bay next summer.
still off topic,

A lovely setting, good choice. You aren't using the Brentwood campus for anything are you?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
Pleks is a gritty player. Anyone notice when he's about to pass a defender he cuts him off and gives him a little bump? Ever notice players hating on him after whistles? He gets under people's skin cause he's shifty and gives nudges here and there.

It's been twice now that his offense has disapeared in a flyers series... and honestly he was a non factor in both. I don't think it has to do with grit, or lack there of, but rather tiredness. He was shadowing Crosby for 7 freaking games shutting him down the series before, and did one hell of a job.
Saying Plek shut down Crosby is pretty laughable. Send me those vids by mail. Because right now it sounds like sci-fi.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
Pleks is a gritty player. Anyone notice when he's about to pass a defender he cuts him off and gives him a little bump? Ever notice players hating on him after whistles? He gets under people's skin cause he's shifty and gives nudges here and there.

It's been twice now that his offense has disapeared in a flyers series... and honestly he was a non factor in both. I don't think it has to do with grit, or lack there of, but rather tiredness. He was shadowing Crosby for 7 freaking games shutting him down the series before, and did one hell of a job.
I would give this credit to Gill and Gorges.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:16 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Saying Plek shut down Crosby is pretty laughable. Send me those vids by mail. Because right now it sounds like sci-fi.
so what now, he just didnt felt like scoring or something... or better, he shut himself down ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
so what now, he just didnt felt like scoring or something... or better, he shut himself down ?
we both know it was Gill and Gorges who did that.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 05:12 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post

D of Gill and Gorges caliber, Crosby faces better most game... and he still gets his share of goals and assists...

but hey, keep thinking it was only thoses two D who shut down Crosby, while also shutting down Malkin...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 05:45 AM
LeMAD

We have bigger problems than toughness, and besides, toughness isn't really important in the playoffs.

And btw Plekanec is our best forward both offensively and defensively. And yes he was great defensively in the playoffs but was tired after having the team on his shoulders for most of the season.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 05:51 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
What you should now is the fact that the dmen defends against the other team's wingers, while our center takes care of the other team's center.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Then clearly you didn't watch the same playoff series? Pleks was always up against Crosby if not Malkin.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 08:00 AM
ScopeHockey

I haven't really followed this thread so forgive me if there's some overlap between my post and others.

Here's my take on this.

Toughness is a pretty vague word. I think it's important to have a few players willing to drop the gloves because when scrums occur and guys drop their gloves and hold their own it can boost team morale. But really, the toughness aspect that really matters is having the guts, balls and poise necessary to execute high percentage plays at whatever cost (i.e. pain). That's the type of toughness that wins championships. I feel like the Habs lacked this versus Philly. They didn't drive the net and shot endlessly from the perimeter. Meanwhile Philly crashed our crease like crazy and scores a lot of goals in close.

One play that really sticks out in my mind is this (at about 35 secs on the video):
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=40985
Two years ago Carolina was playing Jersey in Game 7 of round 1, in Jersey. Jussi Jokinen had just tied the game up late in the third. Chad LaRose hunts down a Gleason chip in a very ugly area - in the neutral zone right by the Devils bench - and knows that the Devils D is coming hard at him. LaRose still bares down and makes an incredible backhand feed to Staal while accepting a big hit. Staal scores with 30 seconds left and Carolina moves on.

That's the type of toughness that we lacked in the Philly series.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 08:08 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
hope u get those nords back bro

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
still off topic,

A lovely setting, good choice. You aren't using the Brentwood campus for anything are you?
still off topic,

No we aren't. we are using one of the Cidery's for the reception and ceremony. Why do you mention the campus?

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote