HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Kings4thecup

vCash: 500
All the talk I've heard about Doughty's extension, though mostly XM NHL Radio, Is that the Kings want to go long term, in the 6.5/year range. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 65m for 10 years. It doesn't really matter how you structure it. It could even be like Kopi's with the same cash every year.

I'm all for it. Seems like a great gamble for the Kings. I typically don't like the mega-long deals, but with Doughty, it seems to be a great idea to lock him up long term.

Old
09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
If Seguin comes in and kills it, he will have to deal Savard...they have Bergeron, Savard, Kreji already....That's 5 centers not including a checking center or the fact Horton can play center too.
Horton's primarily been a winger during his time in Florida and it seems like Boston acquired him to fill in the void Kessel created last year. Bergeron is in the last year of his contract and is a potential UFA next summer, so it might be a good fall back plan to keep Savard until they actually sign Bergeron to an extension.

Bergeron has missed stretches of games the past three seasons. And he has some experience playing wing as well.

We'll see how Seguin does in training camp. Vaguely remember reports saying he was good but not great at the World Junior Camp last month. Wouldn't be too shocked if they let him have another year in the OHL.

Old
09-10-2010, 06:19 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings4thecup View Post
All the talk I've heard about Doughty's extension, though mostly XM NHL Radio, Is that the Kings want to go long term, in the 6.5/year range. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 65m for 10 years. It doesn't really matter how you structure it. It could even be like Kopi's with the same cash every year.

I'm all for it. Seems like a great gamble for the Kings. I typically don't like the mega-long deals, but with Doughty, it seems to be a great idea to lock him up long term.
It really is pure speculation. If there was any hint at a rumor like this regarding Doughty it would be WIDELY publicized.

65 mil for 10 years is not going to get it done for Doughty.

Old
09-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
It really is pure speculation. If there was any hint at a rumor like this regarding Doughty it would be WIDELY publicized.

Agreed that it's pure speculation. They keep saying that it will be a deal like Backstrom's which I believe is like 67m for 10 years.

You're probably right that it will be north of that, but that may be the Kings starting point in the discussion.

Hopefully it gets done soon so we will not have a long drawn out process.

Old
09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:

I disagree. I think a deal with money going up until he's 26 or so, and plateauing at $7M-8M the last 4 years.

Old
09-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Bergeron has missed stretches of games the past three seasons.
So you are saying the Kings are going to trade for Bergeron? He'd fit right in!

Old
09-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Defgarden

Quote:

I have to disagree as well. 65 Mil is a lot of money, and at the end of that term, he'll only be 30 (maybe 29, not sure), and will still be able to make tons more money with a new contract. I think Doughty jumps all over that.

Old
09-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
So you are saying the Kings are going to trade for Bergeron? He'd fit right in!
lol

Old
09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The player that I want out of beantown is Kreji but he simply won't be available. He is on a par with Kopi imo and in our system might become close to the same type of scoring threat. Those two as our #1/#1b would be exceptionally great. Not Crosby/Malkin but not completely far off either.

That would be a deal that I would reluctantly consider JMFJ as part of a deal around.

The New Portland WinterHawks jerseys are neat. The new T-Birds jerseys are.....well..... pretty neat.

B.C. tomorrow night, missing an epic home opener with coquitlam express taking on the victoria grizzlies. Tomorrow night I get to watch the uber skilled Andrew Wallace lead his Eagles in a solid match up against Mason Blacklock (true rookie that I think is going to become a top 5 pick if he keeps it up) and the Langley Chiefs.

Blacklock is only 16 but he has been a monster leading up to this his true rookie season in the CHL.

Any BCHL fans out there in Kings land?

Old
09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
santiclaws

Quote:

They'll throw in a new Kings phone.

Old
09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
The player that I want out of beantown is Kreji but he simply won't be available. He is on a par with Kopi imo and in our system might become close to the same type of scoring threat. Those two as our #1/#1b would be exceptionally great. Not Crosby/Malkin but not completely far off either.

That would be a deal that I would reluctantly consider JMFJ as part of a deal around.

The New Portland WinterHawks jerseys are neat. The new T-Birds jerseys are.....well..... pretty neat.

B.C. tomorrow night, missing an epic home opener with coquitlam express taking on the victoria grizzlies. Tomorrow night I get to watch the uber skilled Andrew Wallace lead his Eagles in a solid match up against Mason Blacklock (true rookie that I think is going to become a top 5 pick if he keeps it up) and the Langley Chiefs.

Blacklock is only 16 but he has been a monster leading up to this his true rookie season in the CHL.

I found out last year that a second cousin does play by play for the Salmon Arm Silverbacks... This was after four years of hearing nothing from him... The last time I remember hearing from him...he was taking courses in sports medicine...

Old
09-10-2010, 09:29 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
They'll throw in a new Kings phone.
Maybe a new toaster...

Old
09-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Kings4thecup

That's a sweet toaster

Old
09-10-2010, 09:57 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Maybe a new toaster...

Shoot! 10 year 10 toaster deal should get it done.

Old
09-10-2010, 11:01 PM
cubsfan999

not DL's style but i wonder if the plan is lock doughty up then offer sheet ryan?

Old
09-10-2010, 11:37 PM
razzy

Quote:

Hey Tonelli, I live in Salmon Arm and if you are ever at our rink mention your a Kings fan in the sports store there and you'll hear about me...my buddy owns the store and I have been diehard LA for damn near ever . I used to scout for the Rebels (Mike Brown, Stephen Peat) but am involved now coaching my own so don't get to too many games. Played a few games in the league way back but broke my ankle and headed to college. It's a good league. Watched Kariya a lot when he was a 16yr old and some other good ones. We've had a few here ourselves...Zajac, Nash. You don't happen to be a scout yourself?

Cheers
Razzy

Old
09-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy View Post
Hey Tonelli, I live in Salmon Arm and if you are ever at our rink mention your a Kings fan in the sports store there and you'll hear about me...my buddy owns the store and I have been diehard LA for damn near ever . I used to scout for the Rebels (Mike Brown, Stephen Peat) but am involved now coaching my own so don't get to too many games. Played a few games in the league way back but broke my ankle and headed to college. It's a good league. Watched Kariya a lot when he was a 16yr old and some other good ones. We've had a few here ourselves...Zajac, Nash. You don't happen to be a scout yourself?

Cheers
Razzy
Stephen Peat was a beast! Him vs Stock was one of the best ever.

Old
09-11-2010, 12:26 AM
razzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Stephen Peat was a beast! Him vs Stock was one of the best ever.

He was our first pick out of the Bantam draft and at camp as a 15 yr old he fought one of the Vandermeer brother's who was 19 or 20 and one of the tougher players in the dub at the time. It was a draw but next shift Peat got back on the ice he ran Vandermeer, stepped back and said lets get at er and won decisively;shoulda seen the faces on the vets. Man could he throw em.

Old
09-11-2010, 12:48 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Hey Razzie,

I remember Peat too, animal, gave me nightmares. I won't be in Salmon Arms this trip but will in January when the Grizzlies come to town. Great to hear that you are coaching I did my spin at it and did pretty well until I found out that my temper outreached my talent and decided to find other ways of helping.

Let me know if you'll be around, it would be great to meet another Canuck King fan.

Anyone you find to be *special* in your neck of the woods? It would be great to get a little film on Zulinik. Any opinions? I saw him with the OilKings and he has speed.

Oh well, all the best razzie.

Old
09-11-2010, 09:58 AM
razzy

Quote:
Hey Razzie,

I remember Peat too, animal, gave me nightmares. I won't be in Salmon Arms this trip but will in January when the Grizzlies come to town. Great to hear that you are coaching I did my spin at it and did pretty well until I found out that my temper outreached my talent and decided to find other ways of helping.

Let me know if you'll be around, it would be great to meet another Canuck King fan.

Anyone you find to be *special* in your neck of the woods? It would be great to get a little film on Zulinik. Any opinions? I saw him with the OilKings and he has speed.

Oh well, all the best razzie.
Tonelli, nowadays I just try to catch the odd dub game when we have a prospect playing. Might try to catch a few BCHL games this year so will keep my eyes open. If you are ever in Chevy's Sportstore at the Salmon Arm rink talk to the owner, Kevin, mention the Kings fan he know's and he can ring me and we'll hook up for a beer. I'll probably be watching some Bantam rep this year as my buddies kid will probably be drafted and I watched a bit of the "Best Ever" this summer with Reinhart, Clayton et all. We have a good kid from town who will make the PA Raiders this year in Shane Danyluk.

Cheers
Razzy

Old
09-11-2010, 11:17 AM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan999 View Post
not DL's style but i wonder if the plan is lock doughty up then offer sheet ryan?
Ryan is signed.

Old
09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Ryan is signed.
Since when?

Old
09-11-2010, 11:37 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Ryan is signed.

Larry Brooks was talking out of his ass again

Old
09-11-2010, 01:58 PM
yankeeking

just watched the feed from camp and it looks like most of if not all the rumors are BS, DL said we are not near any top six ttrade, parse will be given the shot atthe second line LW spot and that he has raised the bar on expectations and is waiting to see how the team handles it. Unless he has a great poker face there will not be any additions until at least the 20-25 game mark, even mentioned that only the devils are over the cap and then its only 2.8 and that won't make them trade any of the top players

Old
09-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Glad that Parse is getting the chance, I think he has the talent to be our 2nd line wing of the future

Closed Thread