HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Cumiskey

Old
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
SubPar

vCash: 500
Kyle Cumiskey

Just curious what your thoughts are on his possibilites for this season?

He is from my home town and after last years play I can see him logging some serious PP time.

30-35 points? 15-18m TOI?

Thanks

SubPar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:19 PM
NHL33*

Roughly 25-30 points max imo. He should log a lot of ice time - Sacco loves him.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:29 PM
KraftD

Like NHL33 said, i also expect him to do about 30 points. His speed is definitely a + and if he learns how to use it at the perfect time, he might put up 40 points!

KraftD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:41 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdxman View Post
Like NHL33 said, i also expect him to do about 30 points. His speed is definitely a + and if he learns how to use it at the perfect time, he might put up 40 points!
Happy first, and welcome.

I think 30pts is a reasonable expectation for Cummer.

With as much as Sacco likes him it would be great to see him put up more points. Really though as long as his +/- stays reasonable I'm all gravy.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:49 PM
KraftD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
Happy first, and welcome.

I think 30pts is a reasonable expectation for Cummer.

With as much as Sacco likes him it would be great to see him put up more points. Really though as long as his +/- stays reasonable I'm all gravy.
I've been around for a while and checking this board everyday so i decided to finally sign up

Old
09-10-2010, 09:51 PM
SubPar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdxman View Post
I've been around for a while and checking this board everyday so i decided to finally sign up
Does the "KDX" refer to the Kawasaki dirt bike? If so, great trail eating machine, had a couple of those over the years, before the 4 stroke took over....

Not to hijack my own thread...........

I think Kyle will get every opportunity ro run the point on the 2nd unit. Excited to see how he does....

SubPar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Adama0905

Sacco loves the guy, so he'll probably log around the twenty minute mark for ATOI

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:12 PM
KraftD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubPar View Post
Does the "KDX" refer to the Kawasaki dirt bike? If so, great trail eating machine, had a couple of those over the years, before the 4 stroke took over....

Not to hijack my own thread...........

I think Kyle will get every opportunity ro run the point on the 2nd unit. Excited to see how he does....
Yeah it does lol. Used to own one until...i sold it lmao.

But back to the thread... I think he should be on the SH as a forward lol

Old
09-11-2010, 01:08 AM
shadow1

I have kind of high hopes for him this season, and into the future.

I expect to see him get minutes near the 20 minute mark again; point wise 25-30 is a safe bet, but I could easily see him getting more. His skating and stick handling are top of the league for his position, and if he can get it together, I can see him as a 40 point defenseman at some point.

EDIT: But to clarify, I see him as more of a two way defenseman who's strength is transition game rather than offensive abilities. Ironic that I say that about a guy who had a million neutral zone turnovers in the playoffs. Oh well, he's like 12.

Last edited by shadow1: 09-11-2010 at 01:15 AM.
shadow1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

He shouldn't be getting a lot of PP time. In fact, I wouldn't object to him playing rather sparingly on the PP. That being said, I think he will get plenty of chances to perform, and I expect him to have a solid year.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 07:35 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
I'm not sure what the hell folks around here expect from the kid. He still looks like he should be getting a ride to the rink from his folks but he's also been with the AVs for a couple of years. I understand the confusion but still...

This kid has absolutely mad wheels and will be given every chance to make an impact. You simply can not teach that kind of speed. As for what he is destined to be...I'm thinking he'd be an awesome #4 who can maybe put some minutes in on the back-end on the PP. In general, I've hated the idea of having forwards playing the point. I want to see d-men who are at least semi-responsible and capable of quickly moving the puck on the point. With all due respect to Sakic, he sucked on the point in his last few seasons. Mueller may change my opinion of forwards playing the point but I believe he will be an abberation...one of few capable of doing so, mostly because of his heavy shot combined with his puck handling and passing skills.

Back to Cumiskey...Lots of years, lots of games lost to injuries and lots of moments where he looks like could dominate games and some moments where you wonder what he was thinking. He's a terrific young player and one I'm looking forward to watching this season. If healthy, this is his time to shine. If not...there are a few players itching to get a chance to prove themselves. Not a bad place to be if you are Joe Sacco....

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 09-11-2010 at 11:22 PM.
expatriated_texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 09:08 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1876
I love him and am one of his biggest supporters

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is offline   Reply With Quote