HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado/Montreal Trade Proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2005, 12:32 AM
  #176
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Thanks but no thanks. Ribeiro, as cocky as he may be, is a talent that gets under your skin and still puts up the points.. had an amasing season in Finland this year (Europe's most physical league) and Ryder is what Montreal has needed for years. 25 goals and 63 points in his rookie year and 60 points in 42 games this year in Sweden. Why would we want to add another forward to our team.. especially one in his 30's? And, to give up two guys that are in their mind-20's as well as a 1st round pick? No way!

Colrado, you already gave it to us on the P.Roy "deal"..
Thank you HAbs13 exactly what I said!!! stick it to 'em man!!!

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 12:40 AM
  #177
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Who's the player in his 30's?

You mean Milan Hejduk, who turned 29 years old two months ago?

Oh yeah, Mike Ribeiro really gets under opponents' skins... this guy's a joke with no heart and you do not win championships with gutless pukes like that. And I'm Portuguese.

You really thought Hejduk was in his 30's?

Ridiculous... my opinion of Habs fan's hockey knowledge continues to go down considerably with every single post in this thread. I know it's not right to generalize, but the truth is that the majority show their lack of intelligence quite blatantly.
HEY Buddy hold on a second would you... SO the guy got the players age wrong and for that he is being slated!!! Now i think that is a bit extreme in regards to then having labelled him some what of a half wit, reduced of any intelligence... How many players in the league, there bud? and Opps poor old HABs13 got one players age wrong... I think you need to get a relality check... its not like he got it wrong by five or six years is it, and i know my maths isn't that bad, but tell me if i'm wrong... in 10 months will Hedjuk be 30????

As for the whole trade proposal... Why give up two of your better players in their twenties, a Draft pick - especially this years, for one player in his late 20's early 30's, which then forcers the Head coach to play even more untested and unproven rookies in any lineup for next year??? To me it doesn't sound right, and personally i wouldn't do it at all.. but then again thats me!!! Or can't i think that because lets be honest your not too hot on us Habs Fans using our brain's and intelligence once in a while are you, or is it that your concerned that we don't make fools or ourselves by getting things wrong and your just a concerned hockey fan???

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 01:35 AM
  #178
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Your quote...

"He's also just as good or on par with Ryder when talking about goalscoring"
Meaning relatively equal, not better.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 02:01 AM
  #179
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
HEY Buddy hold on a second would you... SO the guy got the players age wrong and for that he is being slated!!! Now i think that is a bit extreme in regards to then having labelled him some what of a half wit, reduced of any intelligence... How many players in the league, there bud? and Opps poor old HABs13 got one players age wrong... I think you need to get a relality check... its not like he got it wrong by five or six years is it, and i know my maths isn't that bad, but tell me if i'm wrong... in 10 months will Hedjuk be 30????
I'm not going to get into the debate of who's more valuable or not, but truthfully... if you're going to criticize a player, particularly for his "age" and being old, then you better have the right age. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it if someone said Koivu's past his prime and too old to be useful in the NHL at the age of 31 (and he's only 7 months from reaching his age, rather than Hejduk being 10 months away).

It's not really that hard to double check facts such as the player's age, before you begin lambasting that player for it. It's not like we're asking for his blood type, number of siblings, or the most influential person in his life.

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 06:20 AM
  #180
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
I'm not going to get into the debate of who's more valuable or not, but truthfully... if you're going to criticize a player, particularly for his "age" and being old, then you better have the right age. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it if someone said Koivu's past his prime and too old to be useful in the NHL at the age of 31 (and he's only 7 months from reaching his age, rather than Hejduk being 10 months away).

It's not really that hard to double check facts such as the player's age, before you begin lambasting that player for it. It's not like we're asking for his blood type, number of siblings, or the most influential person in his life.
Look here not once have i criticized the player for being two old, Yes i bought age into the arguement, my point being I'D NOT trade two youngster after career years with so much MORE time in the league for a player who was older. Thats all i said, and it was my personal opinion. Like any trade fans, coaches, whoever; will weigh up the pro's and con's of a deal and see if its in the best interest of their team. In my eyes trading away some regualr players for one guy - who yes is very talented (one of the best players in the league - thought i should say this because i know how good people are at jumping to conclusion on this board) would only course my problems and amke montreal a more predictable team with only one proven scoring line... As it stands alot of Habs fan thing that we're going to have to use several rookies as gap plugs until we manage to trade for a top 6 forward or Kovalev re-signs... so to immedaitely go out and give up two of OUR - thats not anybody else ranked top 6 forwards, would be crazy.. a trade of this magnitude would live Montreal with just Zednik, Hedjuk and Koivu as their best forwards to play on their top two lines... Now before you say what about BONK IMO i think Gainey has him set for our third line, alongside Bulis and someone else maybe Higgins.. who knows...

Hopefully i'mbeginning to make more sense here.... In hockey you need a balance. A balance between attack and defence, a balance between speed and strength etc etc. If we only have prior to the season starting only three players the Habs organisation would consider top 6 material... let only other teams in the league, don't you think that this is a horrendus way to start any preparation for a season and therefore duely reflects badly on the teams front office...

Now as for any other point you bought up King'sprawn... lets just say that people make mistakes.. unless i'm talking to Jesus himself here you've surely made the odd one too. Opps look at that i've made one too, i've misspelt your name sorry King'spawn, my bad. See how easy it is. So lets just get of the "is he 30 is he 29" arguement... We're actually wasting alot of pressure key tapping on quite a mundane and boring subject... If someone has made such an error in incorect age, that its annoying you that much, well guess what have a word with them... I never made the mistake i just tried to defend someone who did. So remember don't shoot the messenger, or even the friend of the messenger. I think by now you've kinda guessed where i stood on the trade and i hope that you understand my thining bhind it..

Anyway have a wonderful day...

English Hab.....

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 09:55 AM
  #181
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 500
I wasn't saying YOU were criticizing him; it was meant as a general "you," but I apologize for not making that clear. Sure, Hejduk's age is a consideration if you want to say he's nearing UFA, but he's not old, withered, and past his prime as someone has stated.

The error didn't annoy me. But, when someone incorrectly states a fact, yet uses it as the basis of his criticism, that person will (rightfully) get torn apart by those who know better... especially fans.

For example: Scott Gomez? The guy's overrated. He's just lucky to have been on the Devils to win the cup. Besides that, he hasn't won any personal awards.

Those who know better, particularly Devils fans, would smack me upside the head with a link saying he won the Calder in 1999-00.

It's just advice for anyone: double check your facts if you have that strong of an opinion.

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 10:04 AM
  #182
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 35,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
The difference is that Hejduk and Drury both displayed significant raw talent in their rookie years, at the tender age of 23. Meanwhile, Ryder and Ribiero are both 25 YO and have missed one full year of development at the NHL level (to follow up only one year of success). Thus, I think their upside is limited. There's no way, IMO, they even come close to Hejduk type numbers....especially especially especially especially Ryder!

.
I think you underestimate Ryder. He did develop late, but he has a solid work ethic and a bit of grit to him. I think he is going to be a very strong #2 winger for years to come. I doubt he'll reach Hejduk's level offensively - but it COULD happen.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 10:36 AM
  #183
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
I wasn't saying YOU were criticizing him; it was meant as a general "you," but I apologize for not making that clear. Sure, Hejduk's age is a consideration if you want to say he's nearing UFA, but he's not old, withered, and past his prime as someone has stated.

The error didn't annoy me. But, when someone incorrectly states a fact, yet uses it as the basis of his criticism, that person will (rightfully) get torn apart by those who know better... especially fans.

For example: Scott Gomez? The guy's overrated. He's just lucky to have been on the Devils to win the cup. Besides that, he hasn't won any personal awards.

Those who know better, particularly Devils fans, would smack me upside the head with a link saying he won the Calder in 1999-00.

It's just advice for anyone: double check your facts if you have that strong of an opinion.
No problem there big guy.... apology accepted... and i can understand what your saying entirely like the point you made in your last thread to the exmaples you've given in this one, any fan will defend their team, thats what it is to be a fan right... so don't get me wrong... i just think sometimes there is a big difference between precision and just ball park figures... its the ball park figures that normally spark off debate!

Anyway Bud take it easy...

Oh yeah and i still would take Hedjuk

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
  #184
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I think you underestimate Ryder. He did develop late, but he has a solid work ethic and a bit of grit to him. I think he is going to be a very strong #2 winger for years to come. I doubt he'll reach Hejduk's level offensively - but it COULD happen.
As an overall review of Ryder, i have to say your spot on.. Offensively i also don't think ryder will ever really acheive greatness.. i'm sure however he will bounce between the 50-70 point mark for the next 7-8 years or so..... However with Ryder you do get just like you say Darth.. grit, strength and a very solid work ethic. This is one of the reasons why he plays so well and looks so good when he plays alongside Ribiero. Ribeiro is the cocky, arrogant, playmaking, genisus.... whereas Ryder is the workhorse who goes into corners, clears out the net... takes the hit whilst shooting from the slot....

It comes down to balance folks and that why they play so well and thats why i believe that they'll continue to have a good playing relationship on the ice.

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
  #185
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 18,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
The difference is that Hejduk and Drury both displayed significant raw talent in their rookie years, at the tender age of 23. Meanwhile, Ryder and Ribiero are both 25 YO and have missed one full year of development at the NHL level (to follow up only one year of success). Thus, I think their upside is limited. There's no way, IMO, they even come close to Hejduk type numbers....especially especially especially especially Ryder!
What's more, Ribiero lacks a solid work ethic and has questionable character. He's also built like a tooth-*****. Also, Ryder is a late-bloomer who may only be a one-year wonder.

I wouldn't want to rely on either of those players if I had serious aspirations to win a stanley cup. If, however, they're purely complementary players to Sakic and Forsberg and they don't command much salary, I'd easily consider such a deal in the following manner:

Hejduk for Ribiero or Ryder AND Kostsitsyn or Perezhogin or 1st rounder in 2005 or 2006 AND 2nd rounder in 2005 or 2006.

However, I don't think it'd be smart for Montreal to deal away assets they may have difficulty affording if Kovalev resigns.
Yeah, there's no double standard here

So I guess everyone coming off a 1st good season next year is going to struggle, sorry Bruins Raycroft's going to suck, Sharks, forget Cheechoo next year, throw in Hunter, Souray, Kipprusoff, Walker, Spezza...etc...

I agree with you that Ribeiro and Ryder can't come close to Hedjuk type numbers (even though Ribeiro was 10 points behind last year) but collectively they can surpass those number easily...

It's funny, you say their upside is limited, after proving what they can do given icetime last season, I see it as the sky's the limit for them, I don't why it would be any different, i'm sure Bruins fans are expecting Raycroft to keep progressing next year, same with all other teams who had younger players step up last season, why would it be different for Ryder and Ribeiro? (double standard)....

You say Ribeiro is built like a toothpick, well it didn't seem to affect him last year, and I assume he'll come in heavier next year, and early reports suggest he has put on some lb's, you act as though Ribeiro's the skinniest player in the NHL, which isin't the case.(double standard)...

You say you wouldn't want to rely on any of those players if you had serious aspirations for the Cup Jesus, give them a chance to gain some experience, last year's playoff run for the Habs surely helped them gain some valuable experience which will serve them in the future...3 or 4 years ago, I bet people would of said the same thing about players like, Lecavalier, St-Louis, Kubina, Stillman...that you couldn't rely on any of those player if you had serious aspirations for the Cup...but what happened, they grew together as a team, a player like Lecavalier, shed his perceived selfish and childish behaviour to become a key cog, and leader of the Ligthning last year, St-Louis overcame the non believers who put him down because of his size to become a premier player in the NHL...

I'm not saying that the edition of the Habs will follow in the same footsteps, we could only be so lucky, but after the positive season that both players had last year, why would be be looking to ship them off to another team, can you blame us for looking forward to what they can achieve as a team based on what they've shown us last year, I don't think that's so unfathomable (sp?) are we that crazy to not be crazy about this deal? I don't think so...

417 is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 11:14 AM
  #186
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
You say you wouldn't want to rely on any of those players if you had serious aspirations for the Cup Jesus, give them a chance to gain some experience, last year's playoff run for the Habs surely helped them gain some valuable experience which will serve them in the future...3 or 4 years ago, I bet people would of said the same thing about players like, Lecavalier, St-Louis, Kubina, Stillman...that you couldn't rely on any of those player if you had serious aspirations for the Cup...but what happened, they grew together as a team, a player like Lecavalier, shed his perceived selfish and childish behaviour to become a key cog, and leader of the Ligthning last year, St-Louis overcame the non believers who put him down because of his size to become a premier player in the NHL...

I'm not saying that the edition of the Habs will follow in the same footsteps, we could only be so lucky, but after the positive season that both players had last year, why would be be looking to ship them off to another team, can you blame us for looking forward to what they can achieve as a team based on what they've shown us last year, I don't think that's so unfathomable (sp?) are we that crazy to not be crazy about this deal? I don't think so...


Great post buddy.. nice to see a bit of support for our habs, through well thought out arguments and evidence.. In my Habs class101 you get an A- could of got an A but you bought up the lightning.. and they beat us last year!!!

Yeah i like what you said and its great to see you've added the comment about other teams breakout players in there.. I think us habs fans get a bit of a bashing to be honest, however after my first day now using other forums other than our own Montreal one, i'm findind this to be more and more the case. but nevertheless its been a good outing and i'll continue to check these other threads.. met a feww more peeps and had a chat with a couple as well. Your not too bad King'sPawn.... .

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 04:10 PM
  #187
Phanuthier*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murder capital (Edm)
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I bet people would of said the same thing about players like, Lecavalier, St-Louis, Kubina, Stillman...
I still wouldn't rely on Stillman in the playoffs. There's a reason why he was benched in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

As for Ryder having the hands of Hejduk (hands in tight anyways)... I don't see it. There's very few - in fact, the only ones that comes to mind for me are Datsyuk and Kovalev.

Phanuthier* is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
  #188
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 13,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
I still wouldn't rely on Stillman in the playoffs. There's a reason why he was benched in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
Stillman's poor play in the playoffs was due to an injured hip he suffered in game 4 of the Isles series which caused him to miss game 5 of that series as well.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
04-21-2005, 11:10 PM
  #189
Poochie_D
Registered User
 
Poochie_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Good points. However, wouldn't you think that one VERY strong line that is capable of putting up plenty of points is better than two mediocre/average lines?

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev is a top FIVE nhl line. While in the playoffs, it was the most dominant line.

and having Ryder and Riberio, two 60 pointers on ur second line is not what i call mediocore... OR average


Last edited by barrytrotzsneck: 04-22-2005 at 01:49 AM. Reason: personal attack removed
Poochie_D is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:16 AM
  #190
Phanuthier*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murder capital (Edm)
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
Stillman's poor play in the playoffs was due to an injured hip he suffered in game 4 of the Isles series which caused him to miss game 5 of that series as well.
Injuries in the playoffs? You don't say...

Historically, havning followed Stillman's career quite a bit and he's as inconsistant as they come - "Road warrior Stillman" he was called for his inability to put the put in the net when he was with the Flames.

So no, I wouldn't want him on my playoff roster.

Phanuthier* is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:18 AM
  #191
Phanuthier*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murder capital (Edm)
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D
Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev is a top FIVE nhl line. While in the playoffs, it was the most dominant line.

and having Ryder and Riberio, two 60 pointers on ur second line is not what i call mediocore... OR average
You seriously think that's one of the top 5 lines in the league?

And that that 2nd line is something special?

They're both pretty decent lines to ice, but nothing more then that, sorry.

Phanuthier* is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:32 AM
  #192
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
You seriously think that's one of the top 5 lines in the league?

And that that 2nd line is something special?

They're both pretty decent lines to ice, but nothing more then that, sorry.
Can you list 5 currently intact lines that would be better than the Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev line???

I've got.... Tanguay-Forsberg/Sakic-Hejduk
.Havlat-Spezza-Hossa (??)
................St.Louis-Richards/Lecavalier-Modin/Fedotenko (??)
Maybe a line put together with Thornton in Boston...

I'm starting to fish here, feel free to point out more...

Jakomyte is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:41 AM
  #193
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 13,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Injuries in the playoffs? You don't say...

Historically, havning followed Stillman's career quite a bit and he's as inconsistant as they come - "Road warrior Stillman" he was called for his inability to put the put in the net when he was with the Flames.

So no, I wouldn't want him on my playoff roster.
I was one criticizing Stillman's play on other Lightning boards during the playoffs, but a few pointed out that he was playing with a pretty Fd up hip and these are people who have sources inside the Lightning organization. I felt he was one of the dissapointments in the playoffs despite the Lightning winning the cup. I'm just trying to point out that his poor play might not have been the reason he missed game 5 of the finals. I know I'd much rather have an injured Stillman than Ben Clymer in the Lightning lineup for that game. Moot point now since it all worked out well in the end.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 01:58 AM
  #194
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
Can you list 5 currently intact lines that would be better than the Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev line???

I've got.... Tanguay-Forsberg/Sakic-Hejduk
.Havlat-Spezza-Hossa (??)
................St.Louis-Richards/Lecavalier-Modin/Fedotenko (??)
Maybe a line put together with Thornton in Boston...

I'm starting to fish here, feel free to point out more...
I believe Vancouver's line would be a given
Colorado has two lines that would beat them
Ottawa the one
Tampa, and possibly even Atlanta

Things change year after year, but right now those one's are pretty much a given. Montreal's would probably be top 10 though or pretty close to it.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 02:40 AM
  #195
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Woah.. I was off by ten months. QUICK! Drag me out and lynch me for all to see, look! The man that guy Hejduk's age wrong..

edit: Both Ribeiro and Ryder where named as possibles for Team Canada a few weeks back.. that's how crap they are.

Habs13 is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 02:42 AM
  #196
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
I believe Vancouver's line would be a given
Colorado has two lines that would beat them
Ottawa the one
Tampa, and possibly even Atlanta

Things change year after year, but right now those one's are pretty much a given. Montreal's would probably be top 10 though or pretty close to it.
MAG line in Dallas comes to mind as well.

Ensane is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 02:44 AM
  #197
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
Can you list 5 currently intact lines that would be better than the Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev line???

I've got.... Tanguay-Forsberg/Sakic-Hejduk
.Havlat-Spezza-Hossa (??)
................St.Louis-Richards/Lecavalier-Modin/Fedotenko (??)
Maybe a line put together with Thornton in Boston...

I'm starting to fish here, feel free to point out more...
Morrow - Arnott - Guerin is dynamite..

Darn Ensane beat me to it!

Ajacied is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 03:57 AM
  #198
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
Can you list 5 currently intact lines that would be better than the Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev line???
That's a funny question, considering Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev isn't an intact line...

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 04:05 AM
  #199
English Hab
Registered User
 
English Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ma USA & Hornsea UK
Country: England
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
That's a funny question, considering Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev isn't an intact line...
So exactly, if our top line isn't a given why would we go and break up 2/3's of our second line in a trade. Other people may not rate it, but you know what it got results for us last season, and as the old saying goes if it ain't broke why fix it???

English Hab is offline  
Old
04-22-2005, 06:23 AM
  #200
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
So exactly, if our top line isn't a given why would we go and break up 2/3's of our second line in a trade. Other people may not rate it, but you know what it got results for us last season, and as the old saying goes if it ain't broke why fix it???
That's exactly what most of us habs have been trying to say...if it ain't broke why fix it. Why fix something that worled so much better last year. Seriously what would be better for the Habs.

This....
Zednik - Koivu - UFA
Dagenais/Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder

or...
Zednik - Koivu - Hedjuk
Hossa - Bonk - Dagenais

It wouldn't make sense for the Habs to do this deal. THey could simply sign a UFA with similar star talent like in Kovalev or Murray or whoever and keep their 2nd line intact.

x-bob is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.