HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers lineup thread

Old
09-11-2010, 07:52 PM
The Big Foot

vCash: 500
You guys are pretty optimistic to think Zucarello will be able to make the NHL. He's tiny, not tough...pretty easy to play against. Maybe in the East he'll have some good games, but seriously, you don't think the Flyers will be licking their chops waiting to crush this guy?
His cap hit is pretty ridiculous too - not sure if signing guys to big free agent contracts out of Europe and NCAA is really a smart thing to do, when they so rarely make an impact in the first year or two.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 08:08 PM
RangerBlues

Bold Lineup Prediction

No rookies will start the season.
The only guy with a shot is McDonagh, and that only happens if they bust up this current D core. Do not see it.

Torts is gonna push this team hard out of the gate to get as many points as possible early.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

Anisimov will have a great year ala what he did in his 2nd year in Hartford. if he doesnt start as 1c, he will sure finish there. i see him at 60 points this year. having said that:

Frolov Anisimov Gabby
Dubi Drury Calli
Prospal Christianson/kennedy MZA
Boogie Avery Prust

Tortorella said that he will give Drury a shot in scoring role and my gut tells me he might do well with dubi and calli.

christianson is very incosistent. so when he cant be found, kennedy is in.

Last edited by OleOleOleOleBureBure: 09-12-2010 at 11:46 AM.
OleOleOleOleBureBure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:44 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post
You guys are pretty optimistic to think Zucarello will be able to make the NHL. He's tiny, not tough...pretty easy to play against. Maybe in the East he'll have some good games, but seriously, you don't think the Flyers will be licking their chops waiting to crush this guy?
His cap hit is pretty ridiculous too - not sure if signing guys to big free agent contracts out of Europe and NCAA is really a smart thing to do, when they so rarely make an impact in the first year or two.
You do bring up some good points about MZA but I believe Sather and crew did their
due dillegence with MZA... They would not have signed him unless they felt comfortable that MZA could be effective in the NHL...

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Vitto79

conceivably could they not send Gilroy and Eminger to Hartford , sign Exelby or Semenov for 500K and most people are going to hate this but Redden stays

Staal, Rozsival
Del Zotto, Girardi
Redden, McDonaugh
Semenov

Rather see White and Zuccarello on the team but it can fit

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Vaclav Prospal ($2.100m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m) / Sean Avery ($1.937m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Tim Kennedy ($0.550m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Brian Boyle ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Erik Staal ($4.200m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Wade Redden ($6.500m) / Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m)
Alexei Semenov ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,646,667; BONUSES: $1,737,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $490,833

Last edited by Vitto79: 09-12-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
With all these moves there is definately a trade on the horizon...
Again, this seems to be the first train of thought for a lot of people, but I just dont see it.

The few tradable assets we have, we're not going to get rid of (talking about Lundqvist, Gaborik, Staal, Del Zotto, Dubinsky, Frolov, Callahan, etc), and the rest of the hodge podge of characters we're bringing in dont have any trade value at all.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:55 AM
msv957

With the recent camp signings and offseason this looks to be a real good lineup with
a mix of proven veteran NHL talent and youth... Let the competition for jobs and positions in the lineup begin!

LW Center RW
Prospal EC Gaborik
Frolov Drury Dubinsky
Callahan AA Avery/MZA
Prust/Fedotenko White/Boyle Boogard/Kennedy/Avery

Defense:
Staal Rozy
MZD Girardi
Redden Eminger

Semenov
Exelby
McD
Gilroy

Hank
Biron

*****There is a lot of depth on this team... even if injuries happen this team can win***

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
With the recent camp signings and offseason this looks to be a real good lineup with
a mix of proven veteran NHL talent and youth... Let the competition for jobs and positions in the lineup begin!

LW Center RW
Prospal EC Gaborik
Frolov Drury Dubinsky
Callahan AA Avery/MZA

Defense:
Staal Rozy
MZD Girardi
Redden Eminger

Semenov
Exelby
McD
Gilroy

Hank
Biron

*****There is a lot of depth on this team... even if injuries happen this team can win***
Theres a lot of BODIES coming into training camp, not depth.

And if an injury happens to any one of our top 7 or 8 players, which are really the only people worth mentioning because the rest of the cast is downright bad, then this team wont be able to recover.

And if Lundqvist or Gaborik go down longterm? They are finished.

In short, youre being ridiculously optimistic

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:

LW Center RW
Prospal EC Gaborik
Frolov Drury Dubinsky
Callahan AA Avery/MZA

Defense:
Staal Rozy
MZD Girardi
Redden Eminger

Semenov
Exelby
McD
Gilroy

Hank
Biron

Only if those injuries occurr on other teams.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:17 AM
egelband

i, for one, am hoping to see eminger and semenov battling for the seventh spot. meaning mcd and gilroy as the third pairing. play the kids!

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

LW Center RW
Prospal EC Gaborik
Frolov Drury Dubinsky
Callahan AA Avery/MZA

Defense:
Staal Rozy
MZD Girardi
Redden Eminger

Semenov
Exelby
McD
Gilroy

Hank
Biron

wha ?? alot of depth....please dont confuse depth with talent.

last time i checked, you still need to score goals to win games and this lineup is void of goal scorers.

ive highlighted the goal scorers for your enjoyment.

if injuries happen, the only good thing that will happen is we might be forced to call up stepan and grachev.

offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post

We don't know yet whether he's easy to play against yet b/c he hasn't played against NHL competition in an NHL size rink. For a cash rich, offensive talent poor team like the Rangers this was an easy gamble to take and probably why he signed with them than with other more offensively gifted teams. He knew they would try him in scoring roles right away.

By the way, I don't think the Flyers will be too concerned with this guy especially if Boogaard starts messing with them like Orr did in every game this past season. They were too busy pleading with the refs to stop Orr from knocking them around so they could keep thier heads down, play skilled hockey and leave peacefully.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Hm... Exelby, Semenov, and McDonough all shoot left and I can't recall seeing any of them play their off-hand... so unless Exelby or Semenov show an all-star performance in camp, I'm pretty sure this is McD's spot to lose. Between Gilroy and Eminger, I am going to say Gilroy will most definitely get that last spot on the right on D... I don't think the brass is ready to give up on him just yet.

Assuming Kennedy, White, and Redden are relegated to Hartford and Semenov is signed to (for instance) an $800,000 contract with no bonuses as a seventh defenseman - this is what we'd be looking at. At least IMO.

FORWARDS
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Vaclav Prospal ($2.100m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m) / Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ / Derek Boogaard ($1.625m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Matt Gilroy ($1.750m)
Alexei Semenov ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,171,667; BONUSES: $2,587,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,815,833

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Manbearpig17

Frolov-Anisimov-Grachev .....why not?
Prospal-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Christensen-Drury-Callahan
Avery-Boyle-Boogie
Prust

how's that, for an outsider?

Manbearpig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 03:49 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Here are my lines (I didn't read any of the prior posts):

Frolov - Christensen - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - MZA
Prospal - Drury - Callahan
Prust - Avery - Boogaard

Staal - Rozsival
MDZ - Girardi
McDonagh - Semenov
Gilroy
IŽll go with this 2.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:35 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

heres my final roster i would like to see break camp

frolov-ec-gaby
dubi-stepan-mza
vinny-arty-callahan
avery-drury-prust
boog

offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 07:46 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
wha ?? alot of depth....please dont confuse depth with talent.

last time i checked, you still need to score goals to win games and this lineup is void of goal scorers.

ive highlighted the goal scorers for your enjoyment.

if injuries happen, the only good thing that will happen is we might be forced to call up stepan and grachev.
So, wait, let me get this straight:

Frolov, who's scored 30+ twice and 20+ in 5 out of 7 seasons, isn't a "goal scorer"?

Interesting.

I won't call Prospal, or any of the following, goal scorers - but he's done 20+ five times. Callahan has scored 41 goals in his last two seasons. Dubinsky had 20 last year. Drury has scored 20+ nine times. MZA lead his league in scoring.

I think scoring will be less of a problem than last year.

But, let's put things in perspective: we scored as many goals as NJ did (with Kovy and Parise). We scored 14 less than the Flyers did (who went to the finals). We scored 5 MORE than Montreal did (how'd they do, again, last year?). 3 less than Ottawa. 13 less than Buffalo. 16 more than Boston.

I think we're better than last year. I also think most of the East is better than they were last year. Still, this team will be competitive the entire season.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Janerixon

After much time and thought here is what I think Tort's goes with opening night

Frolov (3.00)- Christensen (.925)- Gaborik (7.50)
Dubinsky (1.85)- Anisimov (.821)- MZA (1.75)
Prospal (2.10)- Drury (7.05)- Callahan (2.30)
Avery (1.93)- Kennedy(.550)- Prust (.800)

Staal (3.97)- Rozsival (5.00)
MDZ (1.08)- Girardi (3.32)
Gilroy (1.75)- MCD (1.30)

Lundqvist (6.87)- Biron (.875)

Sc: Boogard (1.62), Eminger (1.12)

Salary Cap total- 57.521,667 which leaves some wiggle room

Unless White or Fedotenko have amazing camps, i don't see them as being here. Does White have a chance to compete with EC for the 1st line center job, sure, but the signing of Kennedy and his contract all but doom him to Hartford if he doesn't have an amazing camp.

Fedotenko is the real question mark, like Prospal, if he shows up to play every night being a Torts guy, he can make this team at least as the 13th or 14th forward. Just depends on if he has anything left, but from talking to Penguin fans, it sounds like he doesn't.

Stepan, Weise, and Grachev all should have a chance but Stepan would have to win the 1st or 2nd line center spot to be here as Drury has the 3rd and they won't give this kid the 4th line spot w/ Kennedy here. Weise and Grachev, Weise loses that we have too many grinders on the 3rd and 4th line, and Grachev will not beat MZA for a top 6 spot IMO, he has another year.

On defense, as much as I like XLB because he can provide grit around the net, throws his body around and drives other teams crazy... unless he has learned to play defense this summer he won't be here. MCD can provide another physical presence and actually plays defense. Eminger is a Torts guy and was brought here for a reason, to be the 7th man, unless Gilroy (who has been working on conditioning and defense since the season ended) falters I don't see Semenov or XLB signed. Valatenko will start in Hartford, but if someone falters could be here sooner than later.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post

Unless White or Fedotenko have amazing camps, i don't see them as being here. Does White have a chance to compete with EC for the 1st line center job, sure, but the signing of Kennedy and his contract all but doom him to Hartford if he doesn't have an amazing camp.

Fedotenko is the real question mark, like Prospal, if he shows up to play every night being a Torts guy, he can make this team at least as the 13th or 14th forward. Just depends on if he has anything left, but from talking to Penguin fans, it sounds like he doesn't.

Stepan, Weise, and Grachev all should have a chance but Stepan would have to win the 1st or 2nd line center spot to be here as Drury has the 3rd and they won't give this kid the 4th line spot w/ Kennedy here. Weise and Grachev, Weise loses that we have too many grinders on the 3rd and 4th line, and Grachev will not beat MZA for a top 6 spot IMO, he has another year.

On defense, as much as I like XLB because he can provide grit around the net, throws his body around and drives other teams crazy... unless he has learned to play defense this summer he won't be here. MCD can provide another physical presence and actually plays defense. Eminger is a Torts guy and was brought here for a reason, to be the 7th man, unless Gilroy (who has been working on conditioning and defense since the season ended) falters I don't see Semenov or XLB signed. Valatenko will start in Hartford, but if someone falters could be here sooner than later.
Agreed almost completely. The only minor discrepancy I have is that I think Semenov will be on the roster instead of Eminger.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Agreed almost completely. The only minor discrepancy I have is that I think Semenov will be on the roster instead of Eminger.
I think if Eminger didn't have a history with Torts and Sullivan maybe this would be open for debate, but I really think they could have buried Voros in the minors, instead they went out and got this guy who makes more money than Voros. Eminger will be here, now if Gilroy stumbles in camp, then Semenov could be the 7th man, but he is very Marek Malik-esque.

Old
09-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post

Forgot Boyle....he will definitely be centering the fourth line on opening night

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Frolov-Anisimov-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Drury-Aasen
Prospal-Christensen-Callahan
Avery-Kennedy-Prust

Swap Prospal and Drury if Drury cannot find a off. touch.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
Forgot Boyle....he will definitely be centering the fourth line on opening night
I don't see it, his only asset is his penalty killing ability because he barely has any offensive touch and does not use his size effectively. Boyle is better than average on faceoffs but we have Drury, Christensen, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Prospal, and Kennedy who can all take faceoffs. This isn't even factoring White who I just don't see beating EC and the Kennedy signing dooms to Hartford IMO.

We signed Kennedy who is not as good defensively, but can put up some points... I have a feeling Boyle is waived and Kennedy takes the 4th line spot.

Penalty Killers
Drury-Callahan
Dubinsky-Prospal

Prust can kill penalties if needed and Gaborik has killed penalties as well

I see Boyle as quite expendable

Old
09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Fro Vinny Gabs
Dubi Arty Zucca
Kennedy Dru Cally
Avery EC Prust
Boogeyman

Staal Girardi
Rozi MDZ
Semenov McD
Eminger

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Noose18

My line-up:

Frolov-Chirstensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Prospal-Drury-Zuccarello-Aasen
Avery/Kennedy-White/Boyle-Fedotenko/Prust/Boogaard

Del Zotto - Roszival
Staal - Girardi
Exelby - McDonagh

.... But we'll see in Oct. 9th what the line-up really looks like, atleast for a while

Noose18 is offline   Reply With Quote