HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2010, 01:09 PM
nki

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
just watched the feed from camp and it looks like most of if not all the rumors are BS, DL said we are not near any top six ttrade, parse will be given the shot atthe second line LW spot and that he has raised the bar on expectations and is waiting to see how the team handles it. Unless he has a great poker face there will not be any additions until at least the 20-25 game mark, even mentioned that only the devils are over the cap and then its only 2.8 and that won't make them trade any of the top players
In other words "I failed to improve the team, let's raise the expectations on everyone else".

Old
09-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Just because DL says we won't be making any additions doesn't mean we won't be making any additions.

Old
09-11-2010, 01:21 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Just because DL says we won't be making any additions doesn't mean we won't be making any additions.
I agree just mentioning that nothing was in the works it appears, not critiquing any moves or lack of, actually think it is the right thing to do to let parse and moller have their chance before we make any move or it might kill any momentum the kids would have to try in the A if they didn't get a chasnce to prove themselves

Old
09-11-2010, 01:22 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Since when?
OH, that was Brooks? **Backs away slowly** Never mind!!

Old
09-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
DL is pretty enigmatic that way.

I came across this article from late Aug from the Fourth Period. I thought it to be one of the more intelligent articles this summer that not only focuses on the organization, but also the other teams in which LA is competing against in the West. I think he has DL pretty well picked out. I haven't read too much on him before but he seems to understand LA and the situation the team is in. This may be old news to some if you came across it previously, just the same, thought it was worth mentioning.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/lak100828.html

Old
09-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
In other words "I failed to improve the team, let's raise the expectations on everyone else".
It's not really failure because he never really tried.
Right now his back is at the wall and he can't go anywhere.
Trading is not an option because we haven't the assets to do that
and he missed any chance fo an offersheet.

He will come back to reality very soon when he faces that there is no
"Lombardi type Player" outside of his wonderland.
There is no 100 point guy why asks for 2 mill per year and want to be a King for live.

IMO Lombardi is as GM waht Murray is as coach.
They are really good in the little things.
But they don't have an idea what to do to reach big thing or how to handle the guys to do big things.
These guys are made for a perfect bridge staff but nothing more.

The next 2 season the Kings will reach the playoff but won't do a real step forward because the missing pieces will never be found and the talented guys will start to riot and follow the Frolov, Cammy, O Sullyvan way.
Jack Johnson is the next one who shows Murray and Lombardi the dirty finger
and he will look awsome in Pittsburgh.
Lombardi will pull three or four more Halperns and this will be the point when AEG stop that thing.

Like i said......... it's not really failure, the whole staff isn't made for the big thing so i don't expect a great future.

Old
09-11-2010, 03:33 PM
yankeeking

That article nails it in more ways than one, we are among the leaders in being bi-polar, just go back to the 9 game streak and losing a few after that we were cup winners to wanting everyone fired. I think parse has a shot at being solid in the number 2 spot if you watch his college career youy know he is a gamer and has the talent to be a solid winger, if we could get that dumb look odf his face kinda of like fro you can't tell when hes bored or busting his ass.

Old
09-11-2010, 03:46 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
It's not really failure because he never really tried.
Right now his back is at the wall and he can't go anywhere.
Trading is not an option because we haven't the assets to do that
and he missed any chance fo an offersheet.

He will come back to reality very soon when he faces that there is no
"Lombardi type Player" outside of his wonderland.
There is no 100 point guy why asks for 2 mill per year and want to be a King for live.

IMO Lombardi is as GM waht Murray is as coach.
They are really good in the little things.
But they don't have an idea what to do to reach big thing or how to handle the guys to do big things.
These guys are made for a perfect bridge staff but nothing more.

The next 2 season the Kings will reach the playoff but won't do a real step forward because the missing pieces will never be found and the talented guys will start to riot and follow the Frolov, Cammy, O Sullyvan way.
Jack Johnson is the next one who shows Murray and Lombardi the dirty finger
and he will look awsome in Pittsburgh.
Lombardi will pull three or four more Halperns and this will be the point when AEG stop that thing.

Like i said......... it's not really failure, the whole staff isn't made for the big thing so i don't expect a great future.
Your posts have become quite ridiculous. Did he ask Kopitar to sign for less than market value? Do you think he will get Doughty at a huge discount? These two are going to be the cornerstones of the franchise.

You keep bringing up O'Sullivan. He got waived by the worst team in the league. Wake the f up dude. BTW, Lombardi has control over the next team Johnson plays for, not Jack.

Old
09-11-2010, 05:50 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
As much as I enjoy reading Matt Barry, and to a lesser degree, Hockeybuzz...

Today just pretty much debunked everything they said about the Kings. There was never any Sully or Niemi talk.

Old
09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
As much as I enjoy reading Matt Barry, and to a lesser degree, Hockeybuzz...

Today just pretty much debunked everything they said about the Kings. There was never any Sully or Niemi talk.
And it sounded like there was no big trade we would be happy with from last week either

Old
09-11-2010, 07:05 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I burst out laughing when I watched the live Q&A and someone asked about O'Sullivan... then I find out it was mentioned here.

Come on guys... use your noodle when it comes to some of these rumors. I can't believe anyone would seriously believe that O'Sullivan may have been headed back to the Kings.

Last edited by TonySCV: 09-12-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Your posts have become quite ridiculous. Did he ask Kopitar to sign for less than market value? Do you think he will get Doughty at a huge discount? These two are going to be the cornerstones of the franchise.

You keep bringing up O'Sullivan. He got waived by the worst team in the league. Wake the f up dude. BTW, Lombardi has control over the next team Johnson plays for, not Jack.
Well............. if you think this is rediculous.....

Why isn't Doughty signed yet ????
You will remind my words when Johnson shows his dirty finger.
And if you think Lombardi has control of his next team you are may be the one who post rediculous.
I'm absolutely sure he will end up as RFA and i'm absolutely sure that Johnson or his agent tell Lombardi before.... better not to match Pittsburghs offer.
Of course will everybody blame Johnson for this crap.....

BTW a lot of you call me crazy when it comes to the game plan and Murrays coachign style or the use of Stoll as center....................
Just read what Murray him self has to say about

Old
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Kings4thecup

Quote:

And if you think Lombardi has control of his next team you are may be the one who post rediculous.
I'm absolutely sure he will end up as RFA and i'm absolutely sure that Johnson or his agent tell Lombardi before.... better not to match Pittsburghs offer.

BTW a lot of you call me crazy when it comes to the game plan and Murrays coachign style or the use of Stoll as center....................
Are you saying Pittsburg will offer sheet Johnson next season?

I don't think Pitt has the cap flexibility to throw out huge offersheets.

Old
09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I burst out in laughing when I watched the live Q&A and someone asked about O'Sullivan... then I find out it was mentioned here.

Come on guys... use your noodle when it comes to some of these rumors. I can't believe anyone would seriously believe that O'Sullivan may have been headed back to the Kings.
It's the same group that wanted Anson Carter on the Kings. They just want any name that is all flash an no finish just to appease their unintelligible demand for a player. Then they'll rip into management for acquiring said player and blast them for not giving young players an opportunity.

Oh the wonders of Internet rumor mongers. They like to toss their wild imaginations out there and label them as rumors. Who knew you could earn a living doing so? All it would cost you is your dignity, hence the need for pseudonyms.

Signed,

Elik

Old
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
sjmay*

Quote:

Why isn't Doughty signed? Same reason why it took Kovalchuk 2 months to sign, and same reason why Marc Staal isn't signed, IT TAKES TIME TO GET A FAIR MULTI-MILLION MULTI-YEAR DEAL AGREED UPON.

Do you think DL comes in and says, we want you at this number for these years and Doughty says yes or no, and that's the end of it???????

Also, you say Johnson will be blamed if he tells the Kings not to match a ghost RFA offer sheet? Hell yes he will be blamed if that's the case, he tells the team not to offer, what's not to blame there?? You think that it's ok for him to tell the team not to match?

Old
09-11-2010, 08:31 PM
gambitlebo

Quote:

Neither Johnson or his agent can tell DL not to match an offer sheet.

Well I take that back, they can but DL doesn't have to listen.

IF DL thinks he can't sign Johnson long term, Johnson will be trade to who ever DL wants.

Johnson will not make it to UFA status with the Kings.

Hence DL controls which team JJ plays for next.

Old
09-11-2010, 09:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitlebo View Post
Neither Johnson or his agent can tell DL not to match an offer sheet.

Well I take that back, they can but DL doesn't have to listen.

IF DL thinks he can't sign Johnson long term, Johnson will be trade to who ever DL wants.

Johnson will not make it to UFA status with the Kings.

Hence DL controls which team JJ plays for next.
Exactly. Pittsburgh already has their expensive puck moving defenseman anyway.

Here is what is going to happen Kurri. Lombardi will make Johnson a reaonable offer on a multi-year deal based upon his play this season after he has proven what he is worth. Johnson will accept the offer or something similar to what was offered or he will be traded to a team of Lombardi's choosing for something else the Kings need.

Hmmm, if Penner is playing well, you think Johnson + Parse gets the Kings Penner ++++ ? You think Jack would like getting that dirty finger from Lombardi? You see it cuts both ways.

Old
09-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Exactly. Pittsburgh already has their expensive puck moving defenseman anyway.

Here is what is going to happen Kurri. Lombardi will make Johnson a reaonable offer on a multi-year deal based upon his play this season after he has proven what he is worth. Johnson will accept the offer or something similar to what was offered or he will be traded to a team of Lombardi's choosing for something else the Kings need.

Hmmm, if Penner is playing well, you think Johnson + Parse gets the Kings Penner ++++ ? You think Jack would like getting that dirty finger from Lombardi? You see it cuts both ways.
I'd hope Johnson plays well enough that we could fetch someone more consistant than Penner. Although I think Penner would probably get 5-10 more goals and at least 20 mroe points playing alongside Kopi.

Old
09-11-2010, 11:27 PM
CBGB

Still believe Schenn is "day to day"?

Old
09-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
He doesn't have to go under the knife and no structural damage was found, but I'd say it is a more accurate assessment to say that his status is closer to week-to-week. No need to rush him. Would you happen to know what the status is of Voynov and Teubert?

Old
09-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
until shown otherwise, yes

Old
09-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
He wouldn't be going through vigorous workouts and contemplating skating if it's as bad as you claim it is. Did you miss reading the part where one poster asked Schenn about being out for an extended period of time and Schenn's response was one of complete surprise?

Old
09-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He wouldn't be going through vigorous workouts and contemplating skating if it's as bad as you claim it is. Did you miss reading the part where one poster asked Schenn about being out for an extended period of time and Schenn's response was one of complete surprise?
I'm hoping Hammond was right because I'd like to see him make the team this season. You never can tell w/ knee injuries. Problem is that when macro injuries occur, it usually takes two weeks to know how bad something is unless it is completely trashed on film (xrays/mri). That's why he'll need to be reevaluated on a daily basis. Could be an ACL thing or could be internal bruising and that usually takes weeks or months to heal even though surgery may not even be needed and there would be no evidence of any "structural damage". No one would really have a solid answer on this, which is why he'd need to iced, stretched, put through a series of work outs to his limitations, iced and then checked/tested after the fact. Sometimes it's something simple where he just needs a break (no pun intended), others get pretty nasty and you don't really figure that out until much later until after the body responds to non invasive treatment ( I was an x ray tech and worked in rehab/PT setting for 3 years so seeing these kinds of things was pretty common).

Also, this was posted on the Kings Website which backs up what i"m saying so you know I'm not bsing this. We probably won't know the full extent for another 2 weeks at least. These are not in any order.
Likely scenarios.

1. Start skating right away, no pain, no problem, (not likely if they went so far to post something to the fans)
2. Will stay the same which means he will need to be "reevaluated".
3. Get on some program where he is monitored and eventually comes back at a date to be determined (Most likely).
3. He'll have a major setback if he's not careful.
4. It will get worse w/ the rehab so they'll have to change approach.
5. The absolute worst would be they missed something on the original MRI, which is not likely, and he'll need major work done. Again, that's the least likely unless the Doc who evaulated him was two sheets to the wind.

I'd be most concerned about rushing him back. Just take it easy peasy, find the limit on the rehab and stick to it.

Hope the info helps. The info below was pulled from the Kings Website. Same goes for Greene even though he went through surgery. Greene doesn't really have a time line either, just goals. It's all about how his body responds. Being conservative is a good thing with both of them right now.

http://lakingsinsider.com/

Posted by Rich Hammond on 10 September 2010, 3:44 pm
An MRI on Brayden Schenn’s knee revealed no structural damage, and he is considered day-to-day. Schenn will be re-evaluated daily and will continue to train while he does rehab work.

Greene interview
Posted by Rich Hammond on 11 September 2010, 1:57 pm
After he finished his session in the kids press conference at Hockey Fest, Matt Greene came in to talk to the media about his recovery from the surgery he had on his left shoulder in July. Greene is expected to miss the first month of the season…

Question: How is the recovery process going?

GREENE: “I think it’s getting better. Every time I talk to the doctors or the trainers, they always say it’s coming along just as they expected. I think I’m on the timeline. I couldn’t tell you what the timeline actually is. They don’t give me the exact dates, but they just say it’s coming along as scheduled.”

Old
09-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Greene is a warrior, if Drewiske/Harrold/whoever fills in for him, plays poorly in the first few games, I wouldnt be shocked to see Greene come back early, since he is a beast like that

Old
09-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:

In a thousand years time, scholars shall ponder these words with awe and wonder whilst contemplating how, indeed, they culminated in the creation of a Snake Cult....

Closed Thread