HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Nhl 11

Old
09-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Nhl 11

Who has NHL 11 for PS3?

Kings334 is my online name. Look me up and let's play some games.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Fropitar

Ehh, I bought it for 360 this year. Sorry.

my Xbox live name: hadesgp

Fropitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Got it for 360 as well and am loving it, was kind of bummed you can't play "Be a Pro" in the CHL other than the Memorial Cup tournament... Already made a Kings prospect team to play with using the camp roster from this weekend.

Live name: chigarillo

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
The teams from the Major Junior Leagues really make the game for me.. I love how I can play with the Winterhawks.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 06:14 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

I have it. Just been too lazy to figure out how to get it to work properly on my network.

Just playing through the season.

Jack Johnson leads my team in goals with 2, assists with 2, and a +6.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I have it for the 360, my gamertag is IVIav3r1ck. Still trying to build my hut team up. The only rare card I have is Lucic =/ But I am buying low priced Monarchs and Kings up like crazy which is doing wonders for my lineup. My second line is Holloway-Moller-Lewis which is a killer line with a lot of speed, and my top defensive pairing is Hickey-Voynov which is as devastating as Doughty-Johnson so far against the computer in this game. Hickey is severely underrated and isn't even a rare card and just have a 75 actual 85 potential rating, even though Teubert is a rare card in the game and he maxes out in the mid-80's...

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Xbox 360 only, sorry. But gamertag is Mattias26.

Mully12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM
EKings84

PS3 name hockeyfankings23. Im loving this game so far. CHL is a really cool addition.

EKings84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKings84 View Post
PS3 name hockeyfankings23. Im loving this game so far. CHL is a really cool addition.
Ya CHL is awesome. But right now I am completely addicted to the Ultimate Hockey League thing with the player cards and such, its really fun. Until I can find a few people to play EASHL with I'll be trying to build my UHL team.

Old
09-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Sooooo only one other PS3 person...? Haha.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:14 PM
br3ds0x

Question about this HUT, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Since you can't place any of the original cards you got on the trading block, the only way to trade is to either trade for pucks, or use the pucks to buy a pack of cards and use those cards to trade for players you want. Is this correct?

br3ds0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have it for the 360, my gamertag is IVIav3r1ck. Still trying to build my hut team up. The only rare card I have is Lucic =/ But I am buying low priced Monarchs and Kings up like crazy which is doing wonders for my lineup. My second line is Holloway-Moller-Lewis which is a killer line with a lot of speed, and my top defensive pairing is Hickey-Voynov which is as devastating as Doughty-Johnson so far against the computer in this game. Hickey is severely underrated and isn't even a rare card and just have a 75 actual 85 potential rating, even though Teubert is a rare card in the game and he maxes out in the mid-80's...
So... which mode are you playing? Can you (or someone) briefly explain the card thing.

I just bought it yesterday, only tooled around for an hour so far. I've never played much of anything outside of "be a GM", I like fantasy draft dynasties and whatnot. Its funny, though I've been playing the EA NHL series religiously since 2000, I have virtually no knowledge of 80% of the game's features.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3ds0x View Post
Question about this HUT, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Since you can't place any of the original cards you got on the trading block, the only way to trade is to either trade for pucks, or use the pucks to buy a pack of cards and use those cards to trade for players you want. Is this correct?
Pretty much. Unless you have microsoft points, expect to be a minor league team for a while. Can either build pucks and get players others put up for auction, or buy the basic packs for 600 pucks. I am going the basic pack route because you get contract and stat + cards with them as well as a couple players. I've only bought one card of auction.

Old
09-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
So... which mode are you playing? Can you (or someone) briefly explain the card thing.

I just bought it yesterday, only tooled around for an hour so far. I've never played much of anything outside of "be a GM", I like fantasy draft dynasties and whatnot. Its funny, though I've been playing the EA NHL series religiously since 2000, I have virtually no knowledge of 80% of the game's features.
The short explanation:

It is the NHL 11 Ultimate Hockey League. You start off with a pack of cards filled with low level talent and maybe one or two NHL'ers sprinkled in and you have to develop the team and acquire more cards to try and turn it into a dynasty team. As you play you earn points that you can spend on more cards or use to buy cards from other GM's. You can play in tournaments both offline and online to earn bonus points that are awarded if you win, otherwise you are just earning points based on the difficulty and skill displayed in the individual games.

You have to manage cap space, but also contracts of the players. It isn't in any sort of EHM 07 technical way, you just acquire contract cards that add more games to each player so they can continue playing. Each player has a total number of games they can play in their career before they retire and once they are spent, they are done. You can, of course, go out and acquire another card of the same player if you like though.

You can add training cards to increase their stats, though there is a maximum to the amount of cards you can apply to each player.

You can buy any kind of card from other GM's including contract, training, and coach cards and they have like an EBAY style auction setting online where you bid the points you earn in the game towards the cards which are on timed auction, but there is also a buy-it-now feature. You can also spend points to acquire card packs, to acquire players, training, coach, arena, jersey and team titling, and contract cards; however, the only "free" decks are inexpensive at 600 points but they often don't come with a rare card and more than likely have low-end players in them. The really good decks require a few thousand points, are guaranteed to have at least one to more (depending on level of deck you buy) rare cards, and have a higher chance of having much more notable players in them, but they require a few MS Points as well (not very much though, on the order of 100 or so which ranges between $1-2 or something of the like). There are also decks that are consumables only if you are tired on bidding on contract and training cards...

The objective is to develop the best team and compete.

A longer overall look: (You can ignore the guy, but it at least shows you the process at getting cards, looking over the team, and entering into a game)

Last edited by Telos: 09-12-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old
09-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Kingsfan1

I have it on ps3 and xbox 360

My username on ps3 is .........MK_818

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

If anyone is interested in an EASHL team, I'd be down to join.

Old
09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Telos, thanks for the thorough explanation!

Sounds goofy, but cool. I will be trying that out soon.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Riposte!

This game captures the flow of real hockey better than any game in history. I also had my first goal review this afternoon; Parse went and took a swing at a puck that was sitting in the crease behind the goalie, but he missed and it ended up bouncing off his leg and in. Light came on, goal horn sounded, btu the ref skated over real quick and disallowed it. They went upstairs for review, and in the replay, they deemed it was no distinct kicking motion and gave me the goal. Was super cool to hear the crowd go wild when the ref pointed to center ice.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
This game captures the flow of real hockey better than any game in history. I also had my first goal review this afternoon; Parse went and took a swing at a puck that was sitting in the crease behind the goalie, but he missed and it ended up bouncing off his leg and in. Light came on, goal horn sounded, btu the ref skated over real quick and disallowed it. They went upstairs for review, and in the replay, they deemed it was no distinct kicking motion and gave me the goal. Was super cool to hear the crowd go wild when the ref pointed to center ice.
Ya I'm glad they put that aspect back into the game, the goal reviews are a little, but fun part of the game. Speaking of Parse, he is the 1st line LW on my HUT team lol.

Old
09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Telos, thanks for the thorough explanation!

Sounds goofy, but cool. I will be trying that out soon.
No problem, it is a little goofy. It is almost like a Be a Pro mode for GM's only instead of drafts you get trading cards

Quote:
The game definitely has more polish and the atmosphere has been greatly enhanced, but I so far prefer NHL 10's gameplay so far. I am not fully used to NHL 11 yet, but so far I am not a huge fan of the passing system, the abundance of penalties, the uselessness of pokechecks and stick lifts versus puck possession now, and I am still trying to get the hang of faceoffs =/ I am barely over 50% against the computer so far... That will be like 10% against real life opponents.

Old
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
The game definitely has more polish and the atmosphere has been greatly enhanced, but I so far prefer NHL 10's gameplay so far. I am not fully used to NHL 11 yet, but so far I am not a huge fan of the passing system, the abundance of penalties, the uselessness of pokechecks and stick lifts versus puck possession now, and I am still trying to get the hang of faceoffs =/ I am barely over 50% against the computer so far... That will be like 10% against real life opponents.
You can change the passing system to be one button press rather than hold for power (in every mode but online and HUT mode, it looks like).

Also, for faceoffs, it's kind of like rock-paper-scissors. A back hand draw will always beat forehand draw. A forehand draw will always beat a tie up move, and a tie up move will always beat a backhand draw. I'm still trying to figure out how the stick lift move before you draw back fits in. Seems like it's a way to go against that order if your player has a better faceoff rating.

Old
09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
You can change the passing system to be one button press rather than hold for power (in every mode but online and HUT mode, it looks like).

Also, for faceoffs, it's kind of like rock-paper-scissors. A back hand draw will always beat forehand draw. A forehand draw will always beat a tie up move, and a tie up move will always beat a backhand draw. I'm still trying to figure out how the stick lift move before you draw back fits in. Seems like it's a way to go against that order if your player has a better faceoff rating.
LoL, you said everything I was going to say, but didn't, to the letter. Yeah, faceoffs are exactly like rock-paper-scissors, which also makes it a little more frustrating but nice at the same time. It is good that there is more randomness implemented but at the same time, having Stoll in the faceoff circle doesn't give you the same advantage it once used to.

As far as passing goes, I prefer to keep it the same right now because I like playing HUT mode and if I change it around it will just throw me off =/ So I am stuck playing it for the long haul. I am getting used to charging passes or even just holding the button, but the timing is annoying, the direction of the pass is still unsteady, and it sucks how often I make a perfectly good pass that bounces off the person and it goes back the other way.

There are still many kinks that need to be worked out in the future, but it is an alright game for now.

Old
09-12-2010, 06:41 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Well ill go ahead and throw this out here, if anyone wants to join a decent EASHL team for Xbox send me a pm. Were looking for Dman. In Nhl10 we went gold 6 times.... and were in the elite divison top 100. http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/c.../2473/overview

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
I picked up Richardson, Elkins and Loktionov today on the auction block for a total of 900 pucks.

Last edited by DAkings20: 09-12-2010 at 10:02 PM.
DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
. I am getting used to charging passes or even just holding the button, but the timing is annoying, the direction of the pass is still unsteady, and it sucks how often I make a perfectly good pass that bounces off the person and it goes back the other way.
There are sliders in the options for both pass accuracy and the ability of your teammates to receive passes.