Friday Pondcast With (New) Wild Players

Old
09-10-2010, 10:45 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 500
Friday Pondcast With (New) Wild Players

http://wild.nhl.com/club/podcastplay...d=25&iid=23914

Did anyone else listen to this? I generally ignore most of the pondcasts because Kevin Falness annoys me as an interviewer but the new guys had very nice things to say about the Wild and it's fans. It made me feel good that they realize we're a passionate fanbase and there is finally optimism and leadership in the locker room these days.

What's your take?

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Same no-content fluff piece as the usual pondcast...meh.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
mnwildgophers

See the thing is when Falness asks them how do they feel about playing for a team with such great fans and blah blah blah, what are they going to say other than of course we love it here and want to play here?

I don't get it, but what else are the guys going to say?

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 05:03 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

They're pretty much fluff pieces, but what do you expect from something the team itself produces?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 06:19 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
canned answers are canned.

boo.

but like goph said, what do you expect? all involved are paid by the team; it's like expecting terhar and greenlay to be objective.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Or at least do a good job of being homers. It takes a lot of work to be so bad that even your own fans think you suck.

Old
09-12-2010, 10:47 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Yeah, I didn't expect them to say "Damn, Minnesota is cold, what the ****** was I thinking signing this deal?" Ha. But what struck me as different was how in multiple interviews Nystrom has mentioned how he was flattered by the Wild making several calls to sign him...and in this interview, the bit about being American and no longer playing on a Canadian team. Cullen is probably the most obvious being a local guy, I remember reading after signing him how much trouble he had earlier on when the Wild inquired about signing him and he couldn't handle playing at home and now he can. The only one who could have just signed for the money is Madden but I tend not to believe that since I read he turned down several teams (I think the Leafs were one of them) who offered more money.

Sorry guys, it was late. Might have overdone it on the post but it was nice hearing it compared to reading the usual lame ass trade proposals on the main forum. Ha.

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
grN1g

After hearing nystroms iview i got to admit i already like the guy, just seems like a great person, great attitude, and seems very happy to be here.

+1 for Fletch ^^

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:43 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
Yeah, I didn't expect them to say "Damn, Minnesota is cold, what the ****** was I thinking signing this deal?" Ha. But what struck me as different was how in multiple interviews Nystrom has mentioned how he was flattered by the Wild making several calls to sign him...and in this interview, the bit about being American and no longer playing on a Canadian team. Cullen is probably the most obvious being a local guy, I remember reading after signing him how much trouble he had earlier on when the Wild inquired about signing him and he couldn't handle playing at home and now he can. The only one who could have just signed for the money is Madden but I tend not to believe that since I read he turned down several teams (I think the Leafs were one of them) who offered more money.

Sorry guys, it was late. Might have overdone it on the post but it was nice hearing it compared to reading the usual lame ass trade proposals on the main forum. Ha.
Hey it works for the Timberwolves.

And don't worry about posting the Pondcast - it brings up a good discussion.

Old
09-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Nah it's fine...I used to listen to the 'casts regularly, but just got bored of the same lame answers. The good ones are from the bar where they Wild players answer questions from the crowd. A bit of personality goes a long way.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote