HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers forecasters and projected lineup

Old
09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
hackeynight

vCash: 500
Flyers forecasters and projected lineup

Here are a few Philadelphia Flyers player forecasters for the upcoming season predicting goals, assists, points and a few other categories as well as the predicted lineup for the start of the season

Mike Richards Forecaster

Nik Zherdev Forecaster

James Van Riemsdyk Forecaster

I thought I'd share them but I'd also like to share these projected Flyers lines

Are those lines close to what you guys expect?

Flyers are so stacked that you have so many combination's that can be used to have a stacked lineup.

hackeynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 01:01 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackeynight View Post
I thought I'd share them but I'd also like to share these projected Flyers lines

I would switch up Carcillo and Giroux. Let Giroux be the playmaker for Zherdev and Richards and let JvR and Carcillo cause havoc in front and clean up Carter's rebounds. With Jeff's shoot from anywhere mentality, I think Giroux loses value there.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 01:14 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

You need to do some proof reading

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 01:51 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I'm not sure I'd say JvR is "fortunate" to be on a offensively deep team...at least in terms of stats. Perhaps in terms of taking the pressure off, yes, but he did show a couple times last year that if he needed to take over, he could.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Here are a few Philadelphia Flyers player forecasters for the upcoming season predicting goals, assists, points and a few other categories as well as the predicted lineup for the start of the season

Mike Richards Forecaster

Nik Zherdev Forecaster

James Van Riemsdyk Forecaster

Flyers are so stacked that you have so many combination's that can be used to have a stacked lineup.
I like your lines with the exception of Powe for Shelly... That said, I believe they are looking at Giroux with Richards rather than Carter. IMO Giroux would be a play-making winger for Carter. I believe they may be looking at Zherdev with Carter, IIRC, which to me adds more D-responsibility to Carts and JvR... But I may be remembering wrong and Carcillo may be pencilled in rather than Zherdev. In any case, I like yours better.

As for Powe vs Shelly; I think they really want Shelly dressed -- thus the size of the contract -- and have Powe as a depth player that can be plugged in many spots... I'd like to see Powe dressed each game. And if Guerin is signed, all bets are off and the lines get shuffled again.

But this is one of the things Camp is for... Who knows what the lines will be coming out of it?

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 06:50 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
I would switch up Carcillo and Giroux. Let Giroux be the playmaker for Zherdev and Richards and let JvR and Carcillo cause havoc in front and clean up Carter's rebounds. With Jeff's shoot from anywhere mentality, I think Giroux loses value there.
I agree. I think Carcillo could really be the wildcard this season. I really think he can have a Darcy Tucker type season. He won't get as many goals as Tucker used to but I hope his game matures more this season. At the very least he should keep Shelly busy by stirring things up each night.

What happens with Bartulis? I don't think he'll pass through waivers. Can he by moved - Bartulis for Greiss?

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Swap Richards with Carter and they look like perfect lines.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 10:23 AM
hackeynight

Who for you guys is more important on the power play.. Richards or Carter?

hackeynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Who for you guys is more important on the power play.. Richards or Carter?
Richards because he actually hits the net.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:15 AM
RoDu

Carcillo on the top line makes baby Jesus cry

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Richards because he actually hits the net.
The last time Richards scored more goals than Carter was in 2003, when they were both in the OHL.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
The last time Richards scored more goals than Carter was in 2003, when they were both in the OHL.
and yet richards scored more pp goals than carter this year. ******

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
When you shoot that much some are bound to go in. Look at ovechkin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Burned

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
anthockey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Carter played 8 less games, and scored 2 less goals. Carter easily could have scored 2 goals in those games. In 08-09, Carter played 3 more games than Richards, and had 5 more power play goals

I'll go with Carter if your looking for power play goals

anthockey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Didn't Lavy talk about the lines in Timmy P's last article? Don't think they looked like that. I like the forecasters though. Pretty much would I would have guessed, though I think JVR is going to get a lot of goals this season (30+). I think he'll be #2 to Carter.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 07:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthockey77 View Post
Carter played 8 less games, and scored 2 less goals. Carter easily could have scored 2 goals in those games. In 08-09, Carter played 3 more games than Richards, and had 5 more power play goals

I'll go with Carter if your looking for power play goals
Over the last three seasons and three postseasons:

Richards:
PP Points/Minute of PP ice time: 0.1084
PP Goals/Minute of PP ice time: 0.0308

Carter:
PP Points/Minute of PP ice time: 0.0948
PP Goals/Minute of PP ice time: 0.0488

Yes, you're going with Carter for powerplay goals, but you're going with Richards for overall powerplay production.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 08:12 PM
anthockey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Over the last three seasons and three postseasons:

Richards:
PP Points/Minute of PP ice time: 0.1084
PP Goals/Minute of PP ice time: 0.0308

Carter:
PP Points/Minute of PP ice time: 0.0948
PP Goals/Minute of PP ice time: 0.0488

Yes, you're going with Carter for powerplay goals, but you're going with Richards for overall powerplay production.
hence why I said goals, for production the clear choice is richards

anthockey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 09:23 AM
rban*

Big question marks on offense include how Leino will perform in regular season ( ie was his PO performance just flash in a pan ) , and how will Carcillo do as a Top 9 forward.

The issues of JVR and Zherdev are IMHO less uncertain.

JVR is a rising talent with a great upside, while Zherdev has talent and will be surrounded by players who can compensate for his deficiencies, so both will do well.

Offense is stacked and looks good, but if u wanna worry, dont worry about Z or JVR.. worry more about Leino and Carcillo.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:53 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Big question marks on offense include how Leino will perform in regular season ( ie was his PO performance just flash in a pan ) , and how will Carcillo do as a Top 9 forward.

The issues of JVR and Zherdev are IMHO less uncertain.

JVR is a rising talent with a great upside, while Zherdev has talent and will be surrounded by players who can compensate for his deficiencies, so both will do well.

Offense is stacked and looks good, but if u wanna worry, dont worry about Z or JVR.. worry more about Leino and Carcillo.
Yeah, I worry about Leino. Hopefully last season motivated him to put in 100% effort from now on. He will have every opportunity to prove himself this year; it's really all up to him now.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Cartsiephan*

Putting Carter with two puck possession, perimeter playing guys like Giroux and JvR on a line with a guy who "has to have the puck" to be productive. I would alter some things and only hope this is how things eventually hash out.

JvR-Richards-Giroux
Carcillo-Carter-Zherdev
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Shelley-Betts-Laperriere

Powe

Option #2

Zherdev-Carter-Guerin
JvR-Richards-Giroux
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere

Option #3:

JvR-Giroux-Guerin
Leino-Richards-Briere
Zherdev-Carter-Hartnell

Last edited by Cartsiephan*: 09-13-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Putting Carter with two puck possession, perimeter playing guys like Giroux and JvR on a line with a guy who "has to have the puck" to be productive. I would alter some things and only hope this is how things eventually hash out.

JvR-Richards-Giroux
Carcillo-Carter-Zherdev
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Shelley-Betts-Laperriere

Powe

Option #2

Zherdev-Carter-Guerin
JvR-Richards-Giroux
Leino-Briere-Hartnell

Option #3:

JvR-Giroux-Guerin
Leino-Richards-Briere
Zherdev-Carter-Hartnell
So, you think it's a good idea to play Shelley over Powe and to sign Guerin and play him on our top line? Wow.

For me, there's no point in trying to predict line combos. It's anyone's best guess and, during game-time, lines combos aren't out there together that often anyways.

Besides, it's already been confirmed what our lines are for training camp so I might as well go with them for now.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Cartsiephan*

A) There is no real top lines, it is about matchups.
B) Guerin is a good depth guy, if he can be healthy he adds scoring depth on the wing and a player who has experience winning a CUP.
Quote:
For me, there's no point in trying to predict line combos. It's anyone's best guess and, during game-time, lines combos aren't out there together that often anyways.
I agree, but there are certain guys who I would not put together, such as Hartnell-Carter-Briere........I would also keep JvR and Carter on different lines.

Quote:
Besides, it's already been confirmed what our lines are for training camp so I might as well go with them for now.

There are no confirmed lines, just projected linemates which will change, and even those lines are just purely speculation of what someone may have read on a board in a facility. It was probably the janitor just putting lines up on a board, think of this guy but driving a zamboni...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
So, you think it's a good idea to play Shelley over Powe and to sign Guerin and play him on our top line? Wow.
If Guerin could be had for a base deal he would be an upgrade over Powe, Carcillo, or Shelley as the lines are generally set up with skill at each line. Given an addition of Guerin I would prefer Carcillo splitting minutes with Shelley on the 4th line, reunite the LCB line(Laperriere-Betts-Carcillo) and let them play.

Last edited by Cartsiephan*: 09-13-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Yeah, I worry about Leino. Hopefully last season motivated him to put in 100% effort from now on. He will have every opportunity to prove himself this year; it's really all up to him now.
I don't think motivation and effort were his problems last year, it was opportunity. By all accounts he worked very hard to get in the lineup and when he got his chance, he was ready. If he's healthy, I see no reason he can't pick it up where he left off. He's going to be one of the best '3rd' lines in the league.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 02:14 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I don't think motivation and effort were his problems last year, it was opportunity. By all accounts he worked very hard to get in the lineup and when he got his chance, he was ready. If he's healthy, I see no reason he can't pick it up where he left off. He's going to be one of the best '3rd' lines in the league.
Based on what I've heard from Red Wings fans here (which I'll admit are not the most reliable sources), he just wasn't hacking it and looked lazy on the ice. If those opinions are unfounded, then color me excited to see Leino keep up the hard work. I was very happy to see how hard he worked for us last year, I just hope he can keep it up.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
mypunkrock

I refuse to believe that Shelley makes the starting lineup while Powe is the thirteenth forward.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote