HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Nhl 11

Old
09-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Martyros

vCash: 500
This game (every game mode) gets on my last nerves.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
This game (every game mode) gets on my last nerves.
Why do you say that?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
There are sliders in the options for both pass accuracy and the ability of your teammates to receive passes.
But can you change them for HUT mode, and why would anyone ever want their players to have a lower ability of receiving passes?

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Why do you say that?
in GM mode: i have 20 unsigned prospects.....with 47/50 contracts and so atleast half of them go to UFA status.....and they have a billion FA's that are under 20 years old which isn't right AT ALL.
Autosave.....I don't cheat, but i try to keep things realistic....I can't possible have Simmonds 4th in my Depth Chart for right wingers and lose every game by a margin such as 6-1 or 8-2 with Quick/Bernier having a GAA over 3.75. i want to quit when something stupid happens like how i lost 11-2 to the Wild through simulation....or how i have a horrible team like the oilers and end up 2nd place in the West. Not to mention players still are asking for too much.

HUT: the stupid penalties ruin the game for me. It's hard enough to Poke check the CPU and so they made it even EASIER to get a tripping penalty by calling it without the opponent even falling. Elbowing penalties are just bizarre. i got a game misconduct for checking someone from the SIDE and got called for boarding. I couldn't edit my lines when the player got kicked out so i had a 4th liner playing on my 1st line.

I don't want to piss and moan about it. I mean, i bought it and will always play it because i just love the sport. I just have to get used to this crap and i always remind myself that no game is, or will ever be, good enough for me to not complain about it.

Old
09-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
But can you change them for HUT mode, and why would anyone ever want their players to have a lower ability of receiving passes?
Since it requires connection to the EA servers(to get the EA pucks and trade cards), It would have been cheating cuz people would bring the sliders all the way down on All-star just to beat the CPU and get easy EA pucks.

Old
09-13-2010, 04:33 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I play in NHL 94 mode.

Games still remain close. It seems the AI ramps up in difficulty the longer you go on streaks in season mode.

Playing the Flyers for Eastern Conference and Kings for Western Conference.

Both games against the Canucks were tough for me. lol

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
in GM mode: i have 20 unsigned prospects.....with 47/50 contracts and so atleast half of them go to UFA status.....and they have a billion FA's that are under 20 years old which isn't right AT ALL.
Autosave.....I don't cheat, but i try to keep things realistic....I can't possible have Simmonds 4th in my Depth Chart for right wingers and lose every game by a margin such as 6-1 or 8-2 with Quick/Bernier having a GAA over 3.75. i want to quit when something stupid happens like how i lost 11-2 to the Wild through simulation....or how i have a horrible team like the oilers and end up 2nd place in the West. Not to mention players still are asking for too much.

HUT: the stupid penalties ruin the game for me. It's hard enough to Poke check the CPU and so they made it even EASIER to get a tripping penalty by calling it without the opponent even falling. Elbowing penalties are just bizarre. i got a game misconduct for checking someone from the SIDE and got called for boarding. I couldn't edit my lines when the player got kicked out so i had a 4th liner playing on my 1st line.

I don't want to piss and moan about it. I mean, i bought it and will always play it because i just love the sport. I just have to get used to this crap and i always remind myself that no game is, or will ever be, good enough for me to not complain about it.
Quote:
Since it requires connection to the EA servers(to get the EA pucks and trade cards), It would have been cheating cuz people would bring the sliders all the way down on All-star just to beat the CPU and get easy EA pucks.
Heh. It sounds like we are in the same boat. I love HUT mode so most of my time is spent playing with those silly rules, and being frustrated at the computer. I was trying to gain some pucks and build a half-way decent team before I started to play other players but it looks like I may have to give that up and just start playing other players with what I got.

I am trying to do the ultimate tournament for single player, I had to buy Emery and Garon to get my goalie rating high enough, and you are forced to play in superstar difficulty, and 90% of my time is spent just trying to get the puck back and taking one penalty after another I won the first one by only like 2 goals, and then the second game I barely squeaked by in a 1-0 shootout victory >.< Dunno how much longer I am going to last...

But I needed to shoot for bigger prizes because I am not earning enough pucks playing the basic tournament and beating the CPU 13-0 in pro difficulty. Also the contracts can get annoying. Seems I need to apply contracts to a couple of guys after every single game which greatly cuts into profits >.<

It is a tedious grind stuck with tedious rules.

Old
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Has anything been said about roster updates yet? I know it's very early but how soon after the regular season starts do these usually come out? Alot of the Junior teams are way off right now because guys like Nolan, Muzzin, and other 21 year olds still on the rosters since the younger kids haven't played a game yet in the CHL.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Has anything been said about roster updates yet? I know it's very early but how soon after the regular season starts do these usually come out? Alot of the Junior teams are way off right now because guys like Nolan, Muzzin, and other 21 year olds still on the rosters since the younger kids haven't played a game yet in the CHL.
They usually come out with an update as soon as the season starts.

As for me, I am walking away from NHL 11 for a bit Don't think I can take HUT mode any longer. It would be alright if I was able to get enough points to buy a real deck, but it is just too labor intensive to save up enough what with having to buy 300-450 points worth of contracts after each game and getting schooled by the CPU because my players don't like to receive passes and they have the stickhandling/puck possession skills of 3 year olds >.<

Old
09-13-2010, 12:15 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Telos -

Did you get the bonus packs from the demo?

There were three free bonus packs you could get by playing the demo. One for playing HUT, one for inviting a friend to try the demo, and a third (which I believe is one of the better packs available) for winning the HUT tourney in the demo.

These are very valuable in getting started and, without them, I can imagine it'd be very though like you mentioned.

Also, do the online tournaments. Winning gets you bonus 'pucks' and here's the important trick - you don't have to start each game.

For example - When you go to start a tournament game you can see the ratings of the opponents on the screen. If you end up against a team that is rated ridiculously higher than your team, simply back out and repeat until you get a more evenly matched opponent. Of course, you still have to win the game.

Once you get a star or two on your team, it gets a lot easier. I have P. Bergeron on my 1st line and P. Cormier on his wing. Those two are my WHOLE offense right now. Everyone else sucks, but Bergeron has 8 goals in the 5 games I've played since I got him.

If you didn't do the demo bonus packs, delete your team, get the demo, earn the packs, then start again. You'll have more contract cards to use too. Lastly, don't buy individual contract cards. Even the basic pack @ 500 or 600 pucks will net you 2-3 contract cards which is better than buying 3 @ 150-200 each plus you might get a rare card/player.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:32 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Cant wait to get the game this weekend. My son and I share an account on the 360. Hope to play some of ya.

live..CRAZYPUCKER

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
Telos -

Did you get the bonus packs from the demo?

There were three free bonus packs you could get by playing the demo. One for playing HUT, one for inviting a friend to try the demo, and a third (which I believe is one of the better packs available) for winning the HUT tourney in the demo.

These are very valuable in getting started and, without them, I can imagine it'd be very though like you mentioned.

Also, do the online tournaments. Winning gets you bonus 'pucks' and here's the important trick - you don't have to start each game.

For example - When you go to start a tournament game you can see the ratings of the opponents on the screen. If you end up against a team that is rated ridiculously higher than your team, simply back out and repeat until you get a more evenly matched opponent. Of course, you still have to win the game.

Once you get a star or two on your team, it gets a lot easier. I have P. Bergeron on my 1st line and P. Cormier on his wing. Those two are my WHOLE offense right now. Everyone else sucks, but Bergeron has 8 goals in the 5 games I've played since I got him.

If you didn't do the demo bonus packs, delete your team, get the demo, earn the packs, then start again. You'll have more contract cards to use too. Lastly, don't buy individual contract cards. Even the basic pack @ 500 or 600 pucks will net you 2-3 contract cards which is better than buying 3 @ 150-200 each plus you might get a rare card/player.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
I appreciate the tips, I suppose I will move on to the online tournaments. I did get the bonus packs from the demo and they did help a lot, my top line is Lucic-Richardson-Grabner and my second line is Holloway-Moller-Lewis mainly for chemistry purposes though I don't really know what benefit that has yet as I haven't noticed a large difference, but yeah... It is cumbersome trying to save up for a real deck, I have been for a while and can't seem to advance. I suppose the chance for a rare card is nice, but it is low and 3 contract cards through trading costs 450 versus 600 with a basic deck and 95% of the time they are surrounded by cards I have no interest in using either way. It just seems cheaper to continuously buy the contract cards and keep grinding up to get a real deck.

I will definitely try and play online though because the single player tournaments are starting to get impossibly hard, and basic ones are too boring and takes like an hour+ to complete for little reward.

Old
09-13-2010, 12:48 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, I just did some checking and a lot of others are saying to just keep doing the rookie offline tournament. Apparently it's on rookie difficulty and you can get 400-500 each game with a bonus 400 added to the last game for winning.

Thinking it out in my head, that's 4 games taking about 90 minutes to play and you should net at least 2,000 pucks for the tournament.

The more I look at it though, this mode was designed to get people to pay $ for the Jumbo packs. They're 7500 and really the only pack that gets you a few very valuable cards. Problem is, you'd have to play 4 rookie tournaments to get one jumbo pack and you're going to eat up 16 games of contracts on all your guys doing that.

I don't think there is an easy way to build up your team. Basically dump a ton of time into it, or open up your wallet.

I want to love HUT and keep playing, but the amount of work vs reward to be competitive without actually spending more $$$ may not be worth it.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 01:18 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I have it. Just been too lazy to figure out how to get it to work properly on my network.

Just playing through the season.

Jack Johnson leads my team in goals with 2, assists with 2, and a +6.

Soo....NHL 11 not too realistic??

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
Yeah, I just did some checking and a lot of others are saying to just keep doing the rookie offline tournament. Apparently it's on rookie difficulty and you can get 400-500 each game with a bonus 400 added to the last game for winning.

Thinking it out in my head, that's 4 games taking about 90 minutes to play and you should net at least 2,000 pucks for the tournament.

The more I look at it though, this mode was designed to get people to pay $ for the Jumbo packs. They're 7500 and really the only pack that gets you a few very valuable cards. Problem is, you'd have to play 4 rookie tournaments to get one jumbo pack and you're going to eat up 16 games of contracts on all your guys doing that.

I don't think there is an easy way to build up your team. Basically dump a ton of time into it, or open up your wallet.

I want to love HUT and keep playing, but the amount of work vs reward to be competitive without actually spending more $$$ may not be worth it.
That's essentially what I am beginning to realize. Hell, I would even be up to just paying for the decks, but I understand why they don't let us do that. In the end, I don't think I have the time or desire to spend getting my team up to snuff.

Old
09-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
That's essentially what I am beginning to realize. Hell, I would even be up to just paying for the decks, but I understand why they don't let us do that. In the end, I don't think I have the time or desire to spend getting my team up to snuff.
I'm just going to play HUT until the rosters are set after the start of the year and the first roster update is released. It will get me used to the new "features" before I start my GM mode with the Kings.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

I'm going to play HUT until rosters are set, too. Here's my roster so far. (I'm RIGHT up against the cap... a thousand short so if anyone needs a raise, I'm going to have to sell). My record is something like 31-10.

Milan Lucic - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Ennis
Viktor Stalberg - Michal Handzus - Phil Kessel
Justin Abdelkader - Darren Helm - Thomas Holmstrom
Mike Duco - David Brine - Graham Mink

Eric Brewer - Barrett Jackman
Jonny Oduya - Pavel Kubina
Thomas Hickey - Vjatcheslav Voynov

Harri Satteri

I like it for the most part. It took some time to learn the whole training cards thing and money management. My original roster definitely stunk. Philippe Dupuis was my "best" player from the original pack. I lucked out when my first purchased pack contained both Lucic and Kessel. I went from there. Hopefully the HUT rosters are updated too. I've looked for guys like Kyle Clifford and Brandon Kozun and can't find them. Either they're not for sale or the rosters have some glitches. Either way, they need to be updated. Willie Mitchell is not a Canuck anymore and Randy FN Jones is NOT A KING!!

Last edited by Zizou: 09-13-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
I'm going to play HUT until rosters are set, too. Here's my roster so far. (I'm RIGHT up against the cap... a thousand short so if anyone needs a raise, I'm going to have to sell). My record is something like 31-10.

Milan Lucic - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Ennis
Viktor Stalberg - Michal Handzus - Phil Kessel
Justin Abdelkader - Darren Helm - Thomas Holmstrom
Mike Duco - David Brine - Graham Mink

Eric Brewer - Barrett Jackman
Jonny Oduya - Pavel Kubina
Thomas Hickey - Vjatcheslav Voynov

Harri Satteri

I like it for the most part. It took some time to learn the whole training cards thing and money management. My original roster definitely stunk. Philippe Dupuis was my "best" player from the original pack. I lucked out when my first purchased pack contained both Lucic and Kessel. I went from there. Hopefully the HUT rosters are updated too. I've looked for guys like Kyle Clifford and Brandon Kozun and can't find them. Either they're not for sale or the rosters have some glitches. Either way, they need to be updated. Willie Mitchell is not a Canuck anymore and Randy FN Jones is NOT A KING!!
They are around. I bought Clifford for 150 pucks, he is a nobody and his ratings aren't that great, but he is a fantastic fourth liner. He is in the OHL with the Barrie Colts.

Old
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
Well ill go ahead and throw this out here, if anyone wants to join a decent EASHL team for Xbox send me a pm. Were looking for Dman. In Nhl10 we went gold 6 times.... and were in the elite divison top 100. http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/c.../2473/overview
I'll join I play LD,RD ....But my Guy still has low ratings atm. But I play a very solid D game. I try and jump up in the the offense when it's a safe time to do so.

My gamertag is AudioDamacles

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 06:20 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I'll join I play LD,RD ....But my Guy still has low ratings atm. But I play a very solid D game. I try and jump up in the the offense when it's a safe time to do so.

My gamertag is AudioDamacles
Alright well I work tonight so i wont be on but ill send you a invite tomorrow we play in the late evening.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

HUT is supposed to available offline right? It won't let me start it unless I'm connected to Xbox live.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
HUT is supposed to available offline right? It won't let me start it unless I'm connected to Xbox live.
You've got to be connected to the internet to play it, but yes, you don't have to play it online against others, you can still play against the CPU...but still have to be connected.

Old
09-14-2010, 07:27 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
Alright well I work tonight so i wont be on but ill send you a invite tomorrow we play in the late evening.
Cool I will work on getting his stats up.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Riposte!

So I did this last night with Vanek. So awesome.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/35937381

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 08:38 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
You've got to be connected to the internet to play it, but yes, you don't have to play it online against others, you can still play against the CPU...but still have to be connected.
Well that sucks. I don't have a TV downstairs where the router is and I have little interest in buying xbox's overpriced wifi attachment.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote