HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs sign Jerry D'Amigo to 3 yr Entry Level Contract

Old
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
I would've given him another year, but he should play well in the minors, with call-ups in case of injuries.
yeah, I think this is an example of Leafs rushing prospects. Poor move by Burke IMHO.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 02:22 PM
HemskyToHall*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
yeah, I think this is an example of Leafs rushing prospects. Poor move by Burke IMHO.
Umm he's going to go to the OHL most likely, how are they actually rushing him when he's not even going to the major leagues?

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Given his age it may be helpful to start him off by assigning him to the ECHL for 20 - 40 games. If he spends the entire season in the E then no harm done - he'll still only be 20 when next season begins. He'll have plenty of time to play for the Marlies and Leafs.
he'd be blowing off one of his 7 pro seasons before FA, I really don't believe the Leafs want this happening.

I'd almost be willing to bet that he does end up playing in the OHL, although he may end up somewhere other than Kitchener, maybe London, Windsor or possibly Brampton

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
SayNoMore*

meh..

SayNoMore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
It is very unlikely that he makes the Leafs this season. He will either play in the OHL or AHL. Both probably better leagues for developing prospects than the NCAA so how is this rushing him?

To paraphrase you: yeah I think this is an example of blindly hating the Leafs and bashing them no matter what they do.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 11:07 AM
hickey17

This guy looks like he will be a real good player for the Leafs in the future. Just about every time he gets the puck he's made something happen. I can see this start the season in the AHL which is good developemental league for all future NHL players. Great move by Burke and company to bring this guy up to further develope his game at the pro level. This guy has been on the rise so why slow him down. I'll be really interested next week when he debuts in the main camp and plays some exhibition games against the big boys.

hickey17 is offline   Reply With Quote