HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2nd Line RW to Buffalo

Old
09-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Reacher Gilt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
On a side note,

Why did you put Hecht and Connolly as your first line players with Vanek and Roy playing the second line....am i missing something here??
short answer: yes

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 500
Quote:
On a side note,

Why did you put Hecht and Connolly as your first line players with Vanek and Roy playing the second line....am i missing something here??
The Sabres pretty much have 1a/1b*. I believe HCP had the most time on ice last year but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

*some might say 2a/2b

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
In all seriousness, would you (buffalo) take him in December when he's only owed another 2.5 mil if he's playing anywhere close to his 2008-2009 performance? I don't love the idea of trading him to a divisional rival, but we may need to trade him somewhere. I know you're up against your internal budget but some early success (or disappointment actually) can change that budget.
Stafford in the last 3 seasons: 50g, 67a
Ryder in the last 3 seasons: 59g, 58a

Stafford 1.9m
Ryder 4.0m

Stafford 5 years younger

I know you said, "in December" and "if he's playing at his 2008-2009 performance". I think if Ryder has 12 goals by the end December you may be able to find a taker for him. But I don't think he'll have 12 goals by the end of December.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 03:06 PM
trebendan

What about Mark Mancari? Has he been given enough of a chance in Buffalo, or is he now a write-off (at least as far as the Sabres are concerned)?

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
What about Mark Mancari? Has he been given enough of a chance in Buffalo, or is he now a write-off (at least as far as the Sabres are concerned)?
I believe he'll be the second call up this year, behind Ellis or Gerbe.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:57 PM
mrinsane

Maybe Andrei Kostitsyn is available

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
On a side note,

HCP is a fantastic two-way scoring line that has been very consistent when put together (they split up a lot at times, mostly due to injuries). All three players on the line are defensively responsible, good skaters, smart players and they all have a few unique attributes that blend well with each other. They're great at cycling the puck down low and have a lot of chemistry. Roy and Vanek might produce more points, but they aren't as consistent as the HCP line, nor do they bring the same level of defense.

HCP is usually put up against top lines because of their two-way play, leaving the Roy/Vanek line to the weaker oppositiion to allow them to open up their game more.

I think the main reason why Roy and Vanek's production has been slipping the past few years is because they haven't found the right guy to fit on that line and really make it work. They've tried guys like MacArthur, Paille, and mostly Stafford, but none of them really make the line a legit enough threat. I think Ennis is the guy who will make it a legit scoring line though, but we'll have to give him time to develop.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:05 PM
flames123

Ales Kotalik

Big, has past successes and is cheap to trade for. You could have him for 3M in CAP space.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Ales Kotalik

Big, has past successes and is cheap to trade for. You could have him for 3M in CAP space.
Been there, done that?

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2189 View Post
HCP is a fantastic two-way scoring line that has been very consistent when put together (they split up a lot at times, mostly due to injuries). All three players on the line are defensively responsible, good skaters, smart players and they all have a few unique attributes that blend well with each other. They're great at cycling the puck down low and have a lot of chemistry. Roy and Vanek might produce more points, but they aren't as consistent as the HCP line, nor do they bring the same level of defense.

HCP is usually put up against top lines because of their two-way play, leaving the Roy/Vanek line to the weaker oppositiion to allow them to open up their game more.

I think the main reason why Roy and Vanek's production has been slipping the past few years is because they haven't found the right guy to fit on that line and really make it work. They've tried guys like MacArthur, Paille, and mostly Stafford, but none of them really make the line a legit enough threat. I think Ennis is the guy who will make it a legit scoring line though, but we'll have to give him time to develop.
I agree with you for the most part, but to me its obvious they need a guy like Zubrus to play with Vanek and Roy. Someone who can play a similar role as Hecht. A big body that will play well along the boards and create space. People have talked about it recently and while Ennis may well turn out to be a very good player, I don't see him working with Vanek and more importantly with Roy. There is nobody who will do the dirty work on that line.

Honestly if they could get someone like Zubrus and ship out Stafford and whoever is the surplus on D, it will be a step forward.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote