HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

New skates

Old
09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
gimpy496bbc

vCash: 500
New skates

Just got CCM u+ pros the skates fit fine can fit about a pencil behind the heel with toes all the way forward but the toe caps seem to have a lot of space on these and was wondering if anyone knows what I can do about this. Had one95 fit great these seems to be taking longer to break in, playing jr college hockey this year and hope to play d3 next season or the season after

gimpy496bbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
osgoodshlatters

I didn't want to start a new thread but i was wondering what you guys thought would be the better buy. I'm taking a hockey for a PE class in college and wanted to buy some skates because the rentals suck.

i was thinking about either the Bauer X15s or the Reebok 4ks. what can you tell me about the positives and negatives of each skate? they are both the same price $120

thanks!!!!

osgoodshlatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 08:37 PM
trtaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy496bbc View Post
Just got CCM u+ pros the skates fit fine can fit about a pencil behind the heel with toes all the way forward but the toe caps seem to have a lot of space on these and was wondering if anyone knows what I can do about this. Had one95 fit great these seems to be taking longer to break in, playing jr college hockey this year and hope to play d3 next season or the season after
Assuming the skate fits right everywhere else, why do you care that there is extra room in the toe cap?

trtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Copeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtaylor View Post
Assuming the skate fits right everywhere else, why do you care that there is extra room in the toe cap?
I actually have this problem too. Well, I consider it a problem because it leaves room for my toes rise up as I'm skating and this throws me off balance sometimes...

Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 01:05 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeland View Post
I actually have this problem too. Well, I consider it a problem because it leaves room for my toes rise up as I'm skating and this throws me off balance sometimes...
If the rest of your foot is properly locked in, I don't think that should be happening with your toes.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Copeland

Happens both when the rest of my feet are "locked in" properly and when they're too tight, so... :\

Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote