HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior AK and Forwards with long sticks...

Old
09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Recast

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Recast
Warrior AK and Forwards with long sticks...

I bought a Warrior AK today with a Draper curve (like the Sakic curve from Easton) and an 85 flex.

http://prohockeylife.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=3203

Question is: I have an Easton Sakic with 100 flex and these sticks feel the exact same to me. What gives? The Warrior is also longer. Now, I've used Senior length sticks (I'm 5'9) my whole hockey life and have never really had a problem with them but this one is even longer than the Sakic. Was hoping to get a drop in flex for some more whip but didn't really get it. The one plus is that it is quite a bit lighter.

Does anybody here use a really long stick as a forward? Wondering if maybe I should get it cut by an inch or two but, if I do that, won't it be ever harder to flex?

Recast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
I bought a Warrior AK today with a Draper curve (like the Sakic curve from Easton) and an 85 flex.

http://prohockeylife.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=3203

Question is: I have an Easton Sakic with 100 flex and these sticks feel the exact same to me. What gives? The Warrior is also longer. Now, I've used Senior length sticks (I'm 5'9) my whole hockey life and have never really had a problem with them but this one is even longer than the Sakic. Was hoping to get a drop in flex for some more whip but didn't really get it. The one plus is that it is quite a bit lighter.

Does anybody here use a really long stick as a forward? Wondering if maybe I should get it cut by an inch or two but, if I do that, won't it be ever harder to flex?
I think it depends on your game. If you depend a lot on deking the longer stick could hamper that

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Thepandamancan

I'm a two way player so I use a longer stick just so I don't have to buy multiple sticks and switch during games. The knob of my stick just goes above my nose.

As for using it, I'd probably do better with a couple inches cut off...but it's just something I've gotten used to. Deking and stick handling will probably suffer, but it's great for quick wristers and one timers cause I can get that longer reach.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Which Easton did you have? I'm guessing S17 or S11? Those were about 10-15 flex whippier than labeled.

Play with however long a stick you're comfortable with...Hossa uses a stick that's up to his nose in skates while Kovalchuk uses a stick that's only at about chest level in skates.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 10:39 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Just note that it does take a couple games (or longer) to get used to a change in stick length. You won't just change your stick height one day and then get on the ice and feel like everything's normal.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote