HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/ducks

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2010, 10:47 PM
FireEverybody*

vCash: 500
I am aware of that, I was wondering if you were aware neither was Staal at Lukes age ?

Old
09-13-2010, 10:51 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nophun View Post
I am aware of that, I was wondering if you were aware neither was Staal at Lukes age ?
Staal was playing around 18 minutes a game at 20-21 as a rookie IIRC. He's pretty damn good for his age now as well.

Old
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

I'm curious as to why a player who is proving difficult to sign for a desired term is commanding the value that people are suggesting.

I don't purport to know the situation, is it true that he wants his deal to end the same year as Getzlaf and Perry?

That's something I wouldn't let happen, I think he gets shipped. Not to the Leafs, but if he's still without a deal by mid-training camp, he's out, and he's not getting a package as good as people say the Leafs need to offer (Schenn, Kaberle, Kadri and a pick? For Getzlaf maybe).

Which will be awesome, because then everyone will be shutting up about him as if he's the best player ever. He's the third best forward on Anaheim, and he does have good promise and potential, but I have no candy or patience for holdout scare tactix.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Again, regardless of the Staal comparison, I think a Schenn-Kulemin package gives the Ducks a good value for Ryan, especially considering that it takes care of any cap issues while at the same time giving them both a badly needed young potential stud dman (20yr old 5th overall pick who's already a top-4dman), and a big strong young PF with 30-goal potential as well.

For a holdout who they can't really afford, that's two very good assets to get back that help both short-term and longterm.

And the Leafs of course can afford to trade a physical defenseman, even if he has great upside, if it means they can address their need for top-line forwards.

I think the deal makes sense for both teams, and if you think it needs some secondary picks or prospects to even things out, that's fine.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen93 View Post
Staal was playing around 18 minutes a game at 20-21 as a rookie IIRC. He's pretty damn good for his age now as well.
Schenn's rookie ATOI was 21+ minutes, what is the point?
All I am saying is Staal is 3 years older then Schenn saying Marc is much farther ahead of him is a bit unfair. Luke's age now is somewhat close to what Staal's was when he first made the NHL.

Staal should be ahead of Lukes development, but it is not far ahead if you look at there ages.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:10 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Considering development, no, he's not far behind. Considering actual play and talent, he is far behind.

Old
09-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Again, regardless of the Staal comparison, I think a Schenn-Kulemin package gives the Ducks a good value for Ryan, especially considering that it takes care of any cap issues while at the same time giving them both a badly needed young potential stud dman (20yr old 5th overall pick who's already a top-4dman), and a big strong young PF with 30-goal potential as well.

For a holdout who they can't really afford, that's two very good assets to get back that help both short-term and longterm.

And the Leafs of course can afford to trade a physical defenseman, even if he has great upside, if it means they can address their need for top-line forwards.

I think the deal makes sense for both teams, and if you think it needs some secondary picks or prospects to even things out, that's fine.
What fantasy world do you live in?

Old
09-13-2010, 11:36 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
What fantasy world do you live in?
lololololol if you cant afford someone when you have 10-12 mil in cap space that is the most epic of all 's

Old
09-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
lololololol if you cant afford someone when you have 10-12 mil in cap space that is the most epic of all 's
Why do people think they can't afford him? As has been stated about a billion times before, the reason he hasn't signed was because the two sides couldn't agree on length, not $. I really wish he would have just signed weeks ago so these sort of threads wouldn't be around.

Old
09-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaheim View Post
Why do people think they can't afford him? As has been stated about a billion times before, the reason he hasn't signed was because the two sides couldn't agree on length, not $. I really wish he would have just signed weeks ago so these sort of threads wouldn't be around.
Look who you are quoting

They just don't get it

Old
09-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
Going to need a much better piece to trade for Ryan than a UFA who said he wants to stay in the East...
Ryan wont be traded to the Leafs and if he is, it would certainly take alot more than Kaberle.

But he has never publicly said what is quoted here. It has been speculated by the media, but he has never come out and said he will only play in the east.

Old
09-14-2010, 02:08 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Ryan has not signed in Anaheim yet?

Old
09-14-2010, 04:07 AM
PlietscherDassel

And another 100+ posts thread about an Eklund/Ryan rumor

Old
09-14-2010, 05:20 AM
TuckerThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Can someone please explain to me why hockeybuzz links are not ********ed out?

If the HF moderators are going to be in the business of censoring information based on credibility, Eklund should certainly be on the list of non-credible sources.
THIS! THIS! THIS!!
I've posted a rumor and had the thread closed cause some mod felt it wasn't a credible source. It probably wasn't.
There is no probably not credible when dealing with EK. It's definitive.
BUT HF generates more hits from EK than anyone else so it's allowed in order for them to profit.
OH. Look Prince of Persia. The sands of time. Enter to win the combo pack. Click here.
What were we talking about again?

Old
09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Unproved; a question mark; and garbage -- how is this any more desirably than some of the packages offered by Leaf fans?
Unproved with top 2 potential, a question mark, and a soon-to-be 20-25 goal scorer

versus

1 year rental great PMD who is all but sure to abandon Anaheim at the end of the season, and Anaheim is unlikely to contend for the cup this year (much less if they lose Ryan, which btw, they won't)

And assets not named a 1st round pick or Schenn/Kadri.

I think just about every Anaheim fan on the boards takes the Sens offer over that offer, which isn't to say the Sens offer is enough to get them to move Ryan, I'm just saying it's definitely better than the Toronto offer.

Old
09-14-2010, 09:51 AM
The Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktopus View Post
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/08/...is-week/43041/

I meant ANOTHER team present an offer sheet for Bobby Ryan (as Toronto did with Kessel). I don't know if the NHL makes offer sheets public news but so far no team has attempted or even mentioned one.
Leafs did NOT sign Kessel to an offer sheet.

Old
09-14-2010, 10:34 AM
redbull
Expect more

eklund helps hf, unfortunately.

even though the rumors are bogus, it drives threads and discussion.

even HF derives revenues the way eklund does - albeit in a much more credible and respectful way.

i'd prefer eklund not specifically named as a source but there's nothing wrong with discussing the relative merits of the rumor itself - regardless of credibility. that's what this whole site is for.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:28 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Schenn + D'Amigo + 2nd for Ryan

yes? no?
i think this is pretty close in my honest opinion. perhaps the leafs offer a touch more but nothing crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen93 View Post
Ducks say no. Offer more.
what did you have in mind?

schenn OR kadri
aulie OR damigo
2nd

or

kaberle (extended)
aulie
damigo

Old
09-14-2010, 11:41 AM
LWnumber09

This should get locked up now. BR signed

Old
09-14-2010, 11:53 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

vCash: 50
eklund correct again.......bobby signs contract with the duckss

Old
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
KingsCourt

ek...you da man...again..lol!

who else is going to get traded to the leafs?

Old
09-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWnumber09 View Post
This should get locked up now. BR signed

With pleasure.

Closed Thread