HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

37th Obsequious Banter Thread: RICO Statue

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I got the 1st season of Trailer Park Boys on DVD... I have never seen an episode just the movies.

Does it pick up after the first episode? Seemed like a drama not a comedy

09-13-2010, 08:42 PM
CharlieGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I got the 1st season of Trailer Park Boys on DVD... I have never seen an episode just the movies.

Oh hell yes. Stick with it - you won't be sorry.

Old
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Meh. The Hawks were doing 74 in a 65 and the Devils were doing 77 and got nailed.
Yeah, solid analogy, I just think it's a bunch of crap particularly considering Detroit's done it at least twice (though not as bad) with no punishment and then Vancouver and Luongo.

To further your analogy, a bunch of guys are doing 73-77 in a 65 and the Devs got a $500 fine and everybody else got nothing.

I mean, obviously I don't have too much sympathy for them, it's just the principle of the whole thing that really annoys me. The NHL really just selectively applies certain rules to certain teams.

Old
09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Im watching a TV series called Warehouse 13, which isnt to bad at all.

Funny thing is though, during this one episode they talk about a place where in history, all the most "evil" people in the world are taken to, to be locked up. One of the guys makes a joke though and asks "So this place has bad people kept in here for all eternity like Hitler, Mussolini and Mike Vick....right?"

LOL, poor Vick.

Old
09-14-2010, 01:29 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:

The first season does pick up, but it is also quite different from subsequent seasons.

Incidentally, they're performing at the theater where I work in October. I get to run sound for the TPB!!!

Old
09-14-2010, 03:20 AM
SolidSnakeUS

My god, I have been reading an insane amount of manga over the past 2 days. It's getting really good, but I decided to let it sit and play some NHL 11 for a tad bit .

Old
09-14-2010, 06:32 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:

First season feels weird, but hang in there, that's easily my favorite show of the past decade. The actual TV episodes are much better than the movies. The first season is a little odd and slow, but it really picks up in season two.

I found out about Trailer Park Boys when visiting my cousins in Canada in 2006. I saw a Trailer Park Boys poster in my cousins house and was immediately intrigued. I came home and downloaded all six seasons and began with the first. Let me tell you, I almost stopped watching the show midway through the first season. I showed Trailer Park Boys to many of my friends and they all thought it was stupid.. at first. Now Trailer Park Boys is easily one of our favorite shows of all time. Our lingo practically revolves around that show.

Not to mention the fact that we've adopted a ridiculous Canadian accent by watching the show.

Old
09-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Fuzzy Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
First season feels weird, but hang in there, that's easily my favorite show of the past decade. The actual TV episodes are much better than the movies. The first season is a little odd and slow, but it really picks up in season two.

I found out about Trailer Park Boys when visiting my cousins in Canada in 2006. I saw a Trailer Park Boys poster in my cousins house and was immediately intrigued. I came home and downloaded all six seasons and began with the first. Let me tell you, I almost stopped watching the show midway through the first season. I showed Trailer Park Boys to many of my friends and they all thought it was stupid.. at first. Now Trailer Park Boys is easily one of our favorite shows of all time. Our lingo practically revolves around that show.

Not to mention the fact that we've adopted a ridiculous Canadian accent by watching the show.
Worked in America for a couple of summers with a Canadian boss, he introduced Trailer Park Boys to us and I loved it. Tried showing it to mates at home - did not go down well.

So funny, definitely have to stick with it

Old
09-14-2010, 09:44 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

You really have to learn the characters to understand the humor, as silly as that sounds.

I haven't watched TPB in months, somehow, and watched an episode of season 6 the other day -- Couldn't stop cracking up at all of the subtle jokes. I freaking love that show.

Old
09-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Am I the only one who had never hear of Trailer Park Boys, until Val felt the need to come in here and post "The way she goes" in every thread? I honestly think after having to see that quote so many times, I'm just totally turned off to watching an episode now.

Old
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Am I the only one who had never hear of Trailer Park Boys, until Val felt the need to come in here and post "The way she goes" in every thread? I honestly think after having to see that quote so many times, I'm just totally turned off to watching an episode now.
I'd never heard of it until some Canadian Flyers fans mentioned it on another board. Like any other shows' quotes, they wear out when beaten to death (except The Simpsons, they are amazing).

Old
09-14-2010, 11:03 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
That's because it's a Canadian show and it's not broadcasted on US channels. Actually, I think one of the satellite companies picked up the Showcase channel.

It's too bad that you let a little catch phrase get in the way of watching a totally amazingly hilarious TV series.

Old
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
That's the way s...........you know.

Old
09-14-2010, 12:30 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that we've adopted a ridiculous Maritime accent by watching the show.
Fixed that -- believe it or not, we don't all talk like the Trailer Park Boys!

Actually, it's not really accurate to say 'Maritime accent' because there are scores of different accents too.

Old
09-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
I think we're done here...

Old
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Fixed that -- believe it or not, we don't all talk like the Trailer Park Boys!

Actually, it's not really accurate to say 'Maritime accent' because there are scores of different accents too.
Haha I know. They have the Nova Scotia accent or whatever. I have family in Hamilton and Burlington so I know what you mean.

My friends and I really abuse the accent though. And we all do it subconsciously. I'll never be able to say "hard as ****" again without using the ridiculous accent.

Old
09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Haha I know. They have the Nova Scotia accent or whatever. I have family in Hamilton and Burlington so I know what you mean.

My friends and I really abuse the accent though. And we all do it subconsciously. I'll never be able to say "hard as ****" again without using the ridiculous accent.
Ha - that's okay, I pick up a bit of the accent every time I'm in Halifax. There are certain words that are very different (bar is one that really sticks out for some reason ).

Old
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I like Newfoundland's accent. I'd like to go there one day.

Old
09-14-2010, 02:15 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I like Newfoundland's accent. I'd like to go there one day.
St. John's is great. You get out into some of the small towns, and you'd be hard pressed to understand a freakin' word they say. And that's coming from someone who is constantly surrounded by Newfies.

Old
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
I hate work.

Old
09-14-2010, 02:38 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
I hate work.
Me too.

I'm about to go in...fml.

Old
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
I hate work.
Ditto.

Old
09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
SolidSnakeUS

You should be lucky, I've been trying to get a job forever. But I've been avoiding working food and a cash register (worked for Eckerd/Rite-Aid for over 2.5 years).

Old
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Ha - that's okay, I pick up a bit of the accent every time I'm in Halifax. There are certain words that are very different (bar is one that really sticks out for some reason ).
Bar, car, hard, etc...

"aaeerrr" sound

Old
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Bar, car, hard, etc...

"aaeerrr" sound
True. Guess I just hear and say "bar" more than the others!

Closed Thread